Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1261
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh gosh, kids get sick, it happens! Evan has a very sensitive tummy and would sometimes throw up for no apparent reason, it was so frustrating!

Apple juice is pretty high in sugar, if Evan was at all worn down and drank too much too fast it could have made him get sick. Even if he wasn't worn down, or dehydrated. Sometimes we as parents over think those things too.

And yes, sometimes we ALL forget to make sure they drink enough fluids, or reapply sunscreen, or wear a hat. We all move on. Face it, Disney can wear out adults who get dehydrated, have sore or swollen feet or just feel off from eating too many treats too!

I'm a bit more ICK that the Main Street CM didn't clean it up at all since they were right there, wet street or not that surprises me.
yeah i think it might have been over thinking on our part of what did we do or didnt do, but in the long run it wasnt that bad whatever he had just made it a little bump in the road the next few days.

well in the mess by the ice cream shop, actually if you looked you really couldnt see it, so maybe that is why they didnt do anything, he only had one drink of the apple juice before it happened.

so i dont really blame the CM for not doing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Poor Parker not feeling well in Disney is the Pits !!On 1 trip poor Samantha was sick most of the time , she had a fluey type cold . She refused to just stay and rest and most of the time she mad it but we had a few bad times !!We felt so bad for her !!!
that can really stink especially when it lasts that long.

even though you are in disney you dont want to just sit in your room the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oh my word, Noelle is such a little cutie in this picture!

Oh that's awful that Parker got sick. I'm sure it wasn't due to anything you guys did or didn't do...that just happens sometimes. I hope he gets better, but from what you said, it sounds like you had to deal with it for a bit longer. Poor guy.
i need to get a more current pic of her, she is looking like a precious moment doll now.

yep it had lingering effects over the next few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykool101 View Post
I feel so bad for Parker. It is awful to be sick on vacation. Especially, in the Magic Kingdom!

As a mother of two, I am just praying that it isn't a bug! When one of mine gets sick, the other is never far behind. I can understand feeling a little guilty if it is dehydration, but at least that is a easy fix. I really hope the rest of your vacation goes well!
yep we felt bad for the little guy as well.

its hard to keep the kids away from each other enough to not catch something from the other when they are sick.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #1262
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Aw, poor little guy. Hoping you we're still able to enjoy yourselves. Your pictures are great.

And in other news, I am now off to find your stroller on amazon. I want a sit n stand and like the red. Lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #1263
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

I've never been sick on vacation before... I can't imagine. I hope the rest of the trip wasn't spoiled.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 06-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #1264
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker! We had a trip where most of us were just recovering from a stomach bug, and I was a little shaky the first day or two. But Haley got it about halfway through the trip - we ended up leaving MNSSHP early due to it. She bounced back much quicker than I did, however - hopefully Parker did the same for the most part! I know it's hard (trust me), but hopefully you and Candi didn't worry too much about what you could've done differently. Kids get sick no matter what we do!!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #1265
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Poor Parker. It sounds like it didn't turn out to be a major problem, but it's still no fun to be sick on vacation. Good thing you tried the bakery when it was the bakery. I looked at the Starbucks menu, and although I welcome some "real" coffee in the park, it looks like it lacks some of that ooey gooey goodness that people are used to.

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 08-15-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #1266
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
Aw, poor little guy. Hoping you we're still able to enjoy yourselves. Your pictures are great.

And in other news, I am now off to find your stroller on amazon. I want a sit n stand and like the red. Lol
we love that stroller, we looked at garage sales and on craigslist to find ours, then ended buying it from a friend who was selling.

i saw them anywhere from 20-75 bucks around us is what they were going for in different conditions.

good luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I've never been sick on vacation before... I can't imagine. I hope the rest of the trip wasn't spoiled.
nope the rest of the trip was not spoiled we still did many things, just put a little damper on the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Poor Parker! We had a trip where most of us were just recovering from a stomach bug, and I was a little shaky the first day or two. But Haley got it about halfway through the trip - we ended up leaving MNSSHP early due to it. She bounced back much quicker than I did, however - hopefully Parker did the same for the most part! I know it's hard (trust me), but hopefully you and Candi didn't worry too much about what you could've done differently. Kids get sick no matter what we do!!
that stinks, i hate stomach bugs...

i know but you instantly think what did we do when it happens...

we did make the best of it and as you will see for the most part everything turned out fine.

except for a few minor bumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
[COLOR="Red]Poor Parker. It sounds like it didn't turn out to be a major problem, but it's still no fun to be sick on vacation. Good thing you tried the bakery when it was the bakery. I looked at the Starbucks menu, and although I welcome some "real" coffee in the park, it looks like it lacks some of that ooey gooey goodness that people are used to.
i have heard it is changing over but didnt see what new items will be there, that cinnamon roll was great i hope they keep that.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 07-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #1267
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hi Dan !!Just keeping up!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #1268
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I have yet to see the opening of MK. One day I will.
Too bad he got sick but glad he was feeling better.
Also he had to be sick to pass up on that breakfast. LOL
Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #1269
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Whew...throughout the day I have read your entire report (so far). What a great family time

Have to say this really helped me get more excited for our trip in 2 weeks! Thanks!

Old 07-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #1270
Dizfan4life
DIS Veteran

Hello from Tigers, Red Wings and Lions country ;-)! Awesome trip report, amazing pictures and a great looking family by the way! Reading through your report is making me miss Disney more and more and I LOVE the looks of AoA. Wondering if you could PM me the info on where you got your wife the Cinderella carriage necklace? This would be a nice little something for my DH and myself to do for our DD next time we visit the World.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #1271
Elianor
Mouseketeer

You and Candi are too hard on yourselves. None of the things that you have reported on, minor melt downs and sick kids included are things that are out of the norm for all families with small kids.

It's so easy to forget (especially when the kids aren't complaining) to stay hydrated. It's something we all struggle with at Disney when there are so many interesting things to do and look at (i.e. distractions). Beyond that, it could have been a little stomach bug passing through which you would have no control over anyway.

Your kids are obviously loved and cared for and that's a win no matter how you look at it.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #1272
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Hi Dan !!Just keeping up!!!
keeping up and keeping on to the next chapter.

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #1273
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I have yet to see the opening of MK. One day I will.
Too bad he got sick but glad he was feeling better.
Also he had to be sick to pass up on that breakfast. LOL
really never seen the opening scott? you need to it is a good show and gets you all pumped for the MK not that it is needed but it is a fun show to see.

i know that roll was really good, ill make sure he gets one next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Whew...throughout the day I have read your entire report (so far). What a great family time

Have to say this really helped me get more excited for our trip in 2 weeks! Thanks!
glad i was able to help you pass the day with some light reading.

congrats on your trip coming up, where are you staying?

nevermind just saw it in your signature...have a great trip i wish i was going in two weeks.

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #1274
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizfan4life View Post
Hello from Tigers, Red Wings and Lions country ;-)! Awesome trip report, amazing pictures and a great looking family by the way! Reading through your report is making me miss Disney more and more and I LOVE the looks of AoA. Wondering if you could PM me the info on where you got your wife the Cinderella carriage necklace? This would be a nice little something for my DH and myself to do for our DD next time we visit the World.
Hmmm, a lions fan? not sure i can allow that sort of reader here.

Just kidding we love michigan, going there again soon for another camping trip.

i like reports because it makes the time between trips seen shorter somehow...thanks for enjoying it.

we loved AoA it was a really fun resort to stay at.
i will PM you the necklace info shortly

Blessed by the Best
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #1275
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
You and Candi are too hard on yourselves. None of the things that you have reported on, minor melt downs and sick kids included are things that are out of the norm for all families with small kids.

It's so easy to forget (especially when the kids aren't complaining) to stay hydrated. It's something we all struggle with at Disney when there are so many interesting things to do and look at (i.e. distractions). Beyond that, it could have been a little stomach bug passing through which you would have no control over anyway.

Your kids are obviously loved and cared for and that's a win no matter how you look at it.
thanks for the nice comments.

it is hard to remember to keep hydrating, as adults you are thirsty you drink, kids get excited and forget to drink

thanks again.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: