Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #1216
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 56. Seriously where can i get a mickey bar?

Chapter 56. No time to stop we are looking for something.

This chapter entails not a lot of stopping more drive by picture taking than anything we were on a mission. While waiting and watching the sugar ray concert parker informed me he was hungry for ice cream.

so who am I to deny my little buddy a tasting for a mickey bar.

when we left the american adventure, i had already checked all the food places there and found no such luck in acquiring a mickey bar for paker. you would think, america would have some but nope, what is more american than ice cream.

so on to the next stop it was.

Italy did they have ice cream?

nope not a mickey bar, but a cannoli. not a mickey bar, he was no go.

but a ravioli did temp the adults and noelle into trying some.

and why stop at just the ravioli when you can have the sweet italian sausage and peppers.

parker was not to thrilled that the three of us stopped for more food and didnt find his mickey bar yet, so we ate our snacks, and ventured on looking for that mickey bar.

poland didnt have it, i almost got a pierogie, but passed on it this time.

somehow he had time to admire the trains though and forgot all about his mickey bar when we went by germany though.

what can i say the kid loves trains.

which in all fairness was fine to stop as it gave us time to pick out our glasses at the germany glass stand like we have been doing the last few trips, we get a glass with a different character on it, and have the date of the trip engraved on the back as a memento.

this years was toy story for me and the castle for candi.

i really wanted the brat in pretzel roll here, but with the looks that i was getting for not finding the mickey bar, i passed on it.

right across the pathway was the cheese cart, and the cheese fondue was in my sights, but that mission for the mickey bar, that none of the last 3 food carts we passed had was still out there and we were hunting.

despite the beer stand the brewers collection in germany REALLY calling my name, i knew that getting the beer would not be a wise choice, and the line was really long for it anyway, you could tell the locals were starting to come out in epcot that night as the lines were all getting really long at this point in the evening, it was just after 5 so people were coming to the nations for the evening.

between germany and china were two other food boths that didnt have a country to tie to them so they were just on the pathway.

nothing peaked my interest to much at south africa.

same with south korea, but i still took a picture to make sure i hit every sign that they had to fully show all the options for people out there, and from my investigating work, it seems that they have basically the same menu each year at each country so if you are going this year hope the pictures help out.

still no ice cream stands in our horizon.

but he did see china and wanted to stop here and do the kid cot station, i guess he pushed the ice cream want to the side for the time being.

noelle just enjoyed the freedom of being out of her stroller while parker colored she had no interest at all coloring and sitting again, jungle gym time on the stroller was in her future.

working very hard on his masterpiece.

with coloring done in china we stepped back outside to see there food booth.

i really wanted a steamed bun, but that might have steamed up the younger crowd...so a picture and moving on it was.

norway was next on the list, and of a kid cot stop was in the cards as well...the CM's here were more intersted in coloring there own duffys than interacting with the kids, but parker didnt seem to notice at all, which was good, but us parents did take note of it.

noelle once again was in hyper mode and took to grabbing stuffed animals and sprinting across the store to me to show them to me.

one more picture and one more swing and a miss with getting a food item...no swedish meatballs for me on this trip.

so one more country left before we hit future world again, will mickey bars be in our future tonight?

find out next chapter.

have a great weekend everyone.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #1217
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

Have been lurking a while but wanted to say - your trip reports are SO fun and your kids are adorable. They make me look forward to taking our own kiddos to Disney one day!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the food booth menus - some really tasty looking stuff on there.

I'm so surprised there were no Mickey bars in America...
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #1219
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Poor Parker

Guessing you had to venture out to Future World to get him his ice cream bar

I am a picky person, but after looking at your food signs, a lot of that food actually looked really good

Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #1220
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

So many yummy looking food choices, and I see some of my favorite wineries there, too - you showed a lot of restraint holding out for that elusive Mickey Bar!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #1221
freckles04
DIS Veteran

One of the most enjoyable TR's I've seen yet. REALLY makes me want to stay at AoA... too bad it's only 3 of us, and all that's available on our dates are suites. Maybe one day!

Loving the F&W report since we will be there in October. I really didn't know what to expect but your pictures are super helpful.

Can't wait to read more. A 2 week trip is just awesome!

Old 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #1222
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Awe poor Parker. Mickey ice cream is essential when you go to Disney! Well, I actually skipped it in March because the highs were in the 40s. Coldest I've every been at Disney!

Thanks again for posting all of the menus. It's really helping me in my planning for this October.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #1223
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

I had to laugh at this post. I just did the same quest for a Mickey Bar in May. I did find one in World showcase but it was not on the menu. I guess I just happened to ask the right CM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #1224
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Man, after checking out those menus, that is some serious willpower not to stop and grab something! That ravioli from Italy looked really good.

I'm in suspense on the Mickey bar now...I'll have to check in when I get back!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #1225
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Bummer that you had to miss out on all of the food!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #1226
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdrake625 View Post
Have been lurking a while but wanted to say - your trip reports are SO fun and your kids are adorable. They make me look forward to taking our own kiddos to Disney one day!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the food booth menus - some really tasty looking stuff on there.

I'm so surprised there were no Mickey bars in America...
glad to have you posting.

glad you are enjoying the report.

the food in epcot was really good, and many more options we wanted to have but just did not...ohh well always next time right.

i was too, they had other stuff but no mickey bars, im wondering if none of hte carts had any because it had recently rained, and maybe they took them away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am hungry now and sad for Parker but also amused at what he did find time for

Fun update!!!!!!!!!!!!
yep funny how they can get side tracked and go for other things when just a few minutes ago they HAD to have the ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Poor Parker

Guessing you had to venture out to Future World to get him his ice cream bar

I am a picky person, but after looking at your food signs, a lot of that food actually looked really good

we do venutre to future world soon, but a few more stops first.

it did sound really good didnt they....always next time to get them though and a reason to go back during food and wine time.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #1227
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
So many yummy looking food choices, and I see some of my favorite wineries there, too - you showed a lot of restraint holding out for that elusive Mickey Bar!
i know the things we do or dont do for our kids, like passing on some awesome food samples and booze samples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
One of the most enjoyable TR's I've seen yet. REALLY makes me want to stay at AoA... too bad it's only 3 of us, and all that's available on our dates are suites. Maybe one day!

Loving the F&W report since we will be there in October. I really didn't know what to expect but your pictures are super helpful.

Can't wait to read more. A 2 week trip is just awesome!
thanks for reading along, i would suggest to just keep trying to check back a few times a week and see if something opens, up, especially try around the 60 or 50 day mark before your trip, see if someone cancels there reservations before that 45 day have to pay for the whole trip window rolls around.

you will love the food and wine fest...before you go check out the website to see what the booths are offerings this year, generally there is a post on the dis somewhere that has pictures of all the offerings after the first week they are open.

then you get a visual of what everything looks like as well.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 AM   #1228
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Awe poor Parker. Mickey ice cream is essential when you go to Disney! Well, I actually skipped it in March because the highs were in the 40s. Coldest I've every been at Disney!

Thanks again for posting all of the menus. It's really helping me in my planning for this October.
i know there ice cream is really good, i favor the mickey ice cream sandwhiches though, they are my favorite.

generally the menus are the same from year to year, so glad to help you plan for your next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
I had to laugh at this post. I just did the same quest for a Mickey Bar in May. I did find one in World showcase but it was not on the menu. I guess I just happened to ask the right CM.
huh, never thought to ask for off menu stuff, you would think that even though it is other countries you are going around they would still have the bars available...but maybe they are doing that to force you into buying there deserts instead.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #1229
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Man, after checking out those menus, that is some serious willpower not to stop and grab something! That ravioli from Italy looked really good.

I'm in suspense on the Mickey bar now...I'll have to check in when I get back!
it was really awesome, we made something close to it a while back, where we took ravioli and used those as layers of lasagna instead of regular noodles, then between each ravioli layer we did a really thick meat sauce where it was basically 75 meat, 25 sauce...then layers of ravioli again, and then meat again, it was really good and almost better than regular lasagna.

have a great trip, hope you guys have fun surfing the waves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Bummer that you had to miss out on all of the food!
i know right? the things we do for our kids.

but we figured they sat through all of our food adventures thus far in the day it was time to find something he really wanted.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #1230
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
While waiting and watching the sugar ray concert parker informed me he was hungry for ice cream.

so who am I to deny my little buddy a tasting for a mickey bar.
Not sure, but it seems like you did a really good job of it............

Quote:
when we left the american adventure, i had already checked all the food places there and found no such luck in acquiring a mickey bar for paker. you would think, america would have some but nope, what is more american than ice cream.
Hot dogs? Apple pie? Chevrolet??? Oh wait...............

Quote:
but a ravioli did temp the adults and noelle into trying some.

and why stop at just the ravioli when you can have the sweet italian sausage and peppers.
Great choices.............those both look really good!!!

Quote:
somehow he had time to admire the trains though and forgot all about his mickey bar when we went by germany though.

what can i say the kid loves trains.
I can see that. And just look at that happy face!!!

Quote:
i really wanted the brat in pretzel roll here, but with the looks that i was getting for not finding the mickey bar, i passed on it.

despite the beer stand the brewers collection in germany REALLY calling my name, i knew that getting the beer would not be a wise choice,
You passed on BEER?????? Wow, you WERE on a mission!!!

Quote:
nothing peaked my interest to much at south africa.
I don't know, that Seared Beef and Sweet Potatoes sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:
norway was next on the list, and of a kid cot stop was in the cards as well...the CM's here were more intersted in coloring there own duffys than interacting with the kids, but parker didnt seem to notice at all, which was good, but us parents did take note of it.
I guess they are just really into their work.......................

Quote:
noelle once again was in hyper mode and took to grabbing stuffed animals and sprinting across the store to me to show them to me.

Gone in 60 Seconds???

Nice update! Great to see just how much Noelle has gotten into everything since the start of the trip!!!

Quote:
yep funny how they can get side tracked and go for other things when just a few minutes ago they HAD to have the ice cream.
Wonder where he gets that from? At least if you substitute beer for ice cream.............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: