Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #1201
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great Update!

Sugar Ray is great!! That is awesome you are taking her to see Blake Shelton. I love him on the Voice.

That is cute about him waving to her . She looked so excited
Old 06-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #1202
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Very nice necklace !!! I love the pick a pearl !! The girls have done it there too !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #1203
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update! Food and Wine has the best line up for concerts. Looked like you had a good time, especially Candi!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #1204
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Finally playing catch up after a busy weekend.

So cool that Candi got waved at ...

I may need to have a beer day at F & W next time. Since I usually partake in the cocktail area - I don't switch to beer while I am there.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #1205
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
thanks marv, she has a wise person telling her about the ugly ones.
So you're saying you've had a lot of practice convincing her to pick the "ugly one".........????

Nice update! I know I have heard Sugar Ray's "Fly" but I don't recognize the names of the others. Guess I will have to check the others out on the internet and see if I just don't know the songs by their names.

Cool that Candi got waved at. And even cooler you are taking her to hear Blake Shelton!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #1206
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
didnt you get a necklace for your ladies when you guys did it?
No, I told them about them but they didn't want to wait (we hadn't planned on doing pick-a-pearl ahead of time) so opted to get rings right there.

Sugar Ray would be a good Eat-to-the-Beat show, more current than say "Herman's Hermits" and a few hits that people know. That's awesome that Candi got a shout-out from Mark McGrath, but gee, first Chip and Dale, now Mark McGrath -- are you getting jealous? Who's next? One of the Jammitors???

Actually, I've heard Mark McGrath interviewed on the radio and he seems like a very cool, down to earth guy.

Gosh, if you don't like Samuel Adams are you un-American? Maybe with all of those varieties I could find one, but I didn't like their regular lager when it first came out.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #1207
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
We saw Sugar Ray when we were there too. Candi is lying. Everyone and their mother had a HUGE crush on Mark McGrath back in the day including myself. She's really never been to a concert?? My first concert was when I was 7. New Kids on the Block. Oddly enough I'm going to see them in again in 8 days I have 3 more this summer. It's one of my favorite things about the summertime.
really i didnt know that, maybe she did have a crush on him.

nope no concert yet for her...3 new kids concerts? or other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
That looks like it was such a fun time! The concert pictures are great. I loved that you guys had room to stand and dance.

I love Angry Orchard beer! It's probably one of the alcoholic drinks I really miss while being pregnant.

DH would like the Hops booth!
i think it helped it just got done raining so not that many people were around yet.

it is a good beer for the summer time,

giving up beer for a while is worth it when you see that little one for the first time.

when are you due again?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1208
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great Update!

Sugar Ray is great!! That is awesome you are taking her to see Blake Shelton. I love him on the Voice.

That is cute about him waving to her . She looked so excited
we are really excited to see him, he is really funny on that show, and we like his music so im sure it will be a good time.

she was VERY excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Very nice necklace !!! I love the pick a pearl !! The girls have done it there too !!!
you have never done it rosie? i think you would enjoy it.

you could give them your wooden spoon to beat the drum with.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #1209
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Thanks for the update! Food and Wine has the best line up for concerts. Looked like you had a good time, especially Candi!
i have never really payed attention to who has played there in the past, but we were happy with who was playing the day we were there, we knew all there songs they played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally playing catch up after a busy weekend.

So cool that Candi got waved at ...

I may need to have a beer day at F & W next time. Since I usually partake in the cocktail area - I don't switch to beer while I am there.
a beer day would be fun for you since you dont want to mix and i already saw the pics of how much of the other drinks you have, you might not make it out of WS on your own power.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #1210
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
So you're saying you've had a lot of practice convincing her to pick the "ugly one".........????

Nice update! I know I have heard Sugar Ray's "Fly" but I don't recognize the names of the others. Guess I will have to check the others out on the internet and see if I just don't know the songs by their names.

Cool that Candi got waved at. And even cooler you are taking her to hear Blake Shelton!!!
well she does know you so she has experience with ugly ones.

hte other songs i mentioned are ones you will know for sure, they are his more popular ones.

we are pumped for the concert this summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
No, I told them about them but they didn't want to wait (we hadn't planned on doing pick-a-pearl ahead of time) so opted to get rings right there.

Sugar Ray would be a good Eat-to-the-Beat show, more current than say "Herman's Hermits" and a few hits that people know. That's awesome that Candi got a shout-out from Mark McGrath, but gee, first Chip and Dale, now Mark McGrath -- are you getting jealous? Who's next? One of the Jammitors???

Actually, I've heard Mark McGrath interviewed on the radio and he seems like a very cool, down to earth guy.

Gosh, if you don't like Samuel Adams are you un-American? Maybe with all of those varieties I could find one, but I didn't like their regular lager when it first came out.
you didnt tell me hermans hermits was playing there, i would book a trip for sure.

nope not jealous
if they keep coming at her, i might get some free passes out of it.

im sure you would like some of there beers, i like at least half of hteres that i try, some dark ones some lighter ones.

im not a fan of ther regular one as well, but there other flavors i like.

there summer beers are pretty good this year.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #1211
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
we actually went into the festival center to buy a bottle but they were sold out. they told us it was one of there more popular ones, and that it was a mix of 5 different sangrias, hence the class 5 in the name i am assuming.
5 sangrias? Interesting. I know my DW would be interested.

Quote:
and then it happened.

i put the digital camera down and pulled out the regular camera as soon as i turned it on, i here and video mark, on stage say "i see you baby" and waves.

i turn to candi with the camera and low and behold its her that is waving at him to cause him to wave back and call her baby...she is now all giddy and smiling from ear to ear.

she still talks about it and how it was soooooo cooooollll that he called her out and waved to her.

So what did you do? Heckle him? Storm the stage?

Quote:
thats my wife, gets joy out of everything, but to really fix the situation, we have now booked tickets for her first "real" concert this summer we are going to see blake shelton in concert this summer and she is very excited about that.
Should we expect to read about you getting into a fight with Blake Shelton next?

Quote:
the drink list at the american hops booth. detailed what each drink is like.
I'm going to take a wild guess that this is sponsored by Sam Adams.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #1212
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

I love all the info about F&W! This will be our first time going in October and I can't wait to experience it all.

Weluvdisny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #1213
rramsr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
First another apology for taking so long between updates, was really busy lately and was gone for 5 days at the indy 500 (which was a blast)

Chapter 54. My Precious

It had come time for the long awaited destination for epcot.

Even though we did not allow each other to buy something for an anniversary gift that was one day before we left on the trip, i still broke the rule and bought her something.

My gift was the pick a pearl for candi.

She was really excited.

Before we left i had given her a necklace to put the pearl in, but that will come later after the other pictures.

So we went inside and paid for the pick a pearl.

We were given a number and told there was 4 others in front of us...

So we walked around the shop for a few minutes and what seemed like less than 10 minutes we were having our number called to come back up for the event.

The area around the pick a pearl was packed.

But not with people waiting there turn just people trying to see and push in on everyone to get close.

We had to nicely (which translates to asked a few times nicely then ask a few time not as nice to tell people we need to get through to pick the pearl, and if they wouldnt mind moving over so our family could see the whole event.

Finally we were able to make enough room for candi and parker to see, and i was just to the side with noelle in the stroller.

basically it started with candi picking a pearl, i told her about picking ones that are not as pretty which i had heard translates to ones that are better than others.

not sure what she was saying here, i have it on video but not with me. so the next few will just be part of the ceremony

the next one she had asked her if she sees the pearl, candi said no, then she moved the things in the shell around a little and showed it to her.

here she is digging it out of the oyster

and showing the pearl to candi.

what is left of the discarded oyster after the pearl was taken out.

this was a extra picture so i could remeber the price in case anyone wanted to know the price of the pick a pearl.
also because her pearl is now sitting in the salt/what crystal stuff to clean it off the rest of the way.

and banging the mighty drum after her pearl was out.

marking the bag with the size and bagging it up for her.

she got a 7 1/4 mm pearl, which the lady said was bigger than normal.

and here is the necklace that i got for candi before we left, she loved it, it is the Cinderella carriage for her necklace, it opens up and then clasps shut with the pearl inside it.

good thing her pearl wasnt any bigger as the cage did not close all the way but i was able to get the necklace through the part in the top that holds the cage shut so there is no way it can come out now.

candi was thrilled with it.

in case you cant tell from this expression.

we did run into a drunk lady at the pick a pearl that almost ended up in the pearl tank she was wobbling so much.

but despite that we had a great experience there and i would recommend it.

if you want info on the necklace just let me know ill send it to

from there we went outside and stopped at the japan booth.

i think candi was still on cloud 9 after her pick a pearl cause she walked up to these girls to order her sandwich and they said they dont work there just eating there food, there was another stand on the other side they pointed her too that was open.

after going to the right side, she then proceded to get her snack.

it was a very good sukiyaki beef pan, which is a marinated thinly sliced rib eye with sauteed onions and teriyaki sauce...we loved it.

the picture didnt turn out the best but that sandwich was awesome we both loved it.
it started to spit rain a little bit so we rushed over to the japan store area in the back by the kid cot station...i had never been over here before and it was neat to see what was around.

since we were in the area we stopped so the kids could do there kid cot station.

since it was pouring out pretty good parker was able to color a good amount of his duffy and noelle lost interest pretty quickly so she entertained herself by playing in the window sill

the rain didnt last long and soon enough we were ready to leave for our next spot.

Hi. Wow, what a great report. I have been reading it since yesterday and will be staying at AoA in August, love the pictures.
Last year in Disney I did the pick a pearl and got the same size, if you don't me asking what price range was the necklace? Did you get that in Disney? If so where? Thanks
Old 06-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #1214
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
5 sangrias? Interesting. I know my DW would be interested.

So what did you do? Heckle him? Storm the stage?

Should we expect to read about you getting into a fight with Blake Shelton next?

I'm going to take a wild guess that this is sponsored by Sam Adams.
she gave me a drink of it and it was pretty good, but sadly we did nto find it at the center to buy a bottle.

no no fight i let her have her moment

no fights with blake, i think he would be cool to hang out with, he can call her out in the crowd if he wants.

highly sponsored by mr adams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
I love all the info about F&W! This will be our first time going in October and I can't wait to experience it all.
thanks for reading along, and glad your are getting some helpful information for your trip.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #1215
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramsr View Post
Hi. Wow, what a great report. I have been reading it since yesterday and will be staying at AoA in August, love the pictures.
Last year in Disney I did the pick a pearl and got the same size, if you don't me asking what price range was the necklace? Did you get that in Disney? If so where? Thanks
thanks for reading along, im glad you are staying at AoA i think you will love it, it is a really fun resort.

ill send you a PM with the information where i got it from.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: