Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #1186
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Great update. Candi looks very happy with her pearl. I will have to remember to pick the ugly oyster when we go next. Could I have the info for the cage? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #1187
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Caught up again! I think Singapore might be where I got the beef dish...I don't have my notebook here. If it is, it was good!

Love Candi's necklace! We did pick-a-pearl in 2010 - Haley picked mine for me, and I got twins! I ended up having earrings made out of them. I had originally thought I'd get the carriage on Ebay when I got home, but with two of them it wouldn't work.

October 2012 Trip report

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #1188
Orreed
Olivia

Subscribed! I started and finished reading this weekend, it's really good. Thanks for writing!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #1189
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

All caught up. I don't know how you were able to pass up anything at the food stations; it all looks so good.

That's great that Candi was able to do the pick-a-pearl.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #1190
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
another great entry - that gift to Candi was really sweet ... nothing too big, but thoughtful

I too would like a pm to the info for the necklace ... though I must admit more likely to get it for my daughter
thanks, she loved it and i didnt want to go overboard on anything with the trip and all but just a simple gift.

will send you a PM shortly with the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Nice job with the Pick a Pearl pulling off the surprise and getting the necklace for a great memory and anniversary gift! And super job knowing to get Candi to pick an "ugly" oyster so she got a bigger prize!

She looks like one very happy lady!!!

Love to explore the shops in Japan! I may have to pick up some of the chopsticks they have the next time I am in there!
thanks marv, she has a wise person telling her about the ugly ones.

me and chopsticks dont work so good, my food just spins out of the sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Me either. It was good and probably the only way I will eat something ....ushi.
ushi

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #1191
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFAN2020 View Post
Lovin your report
thanks for reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Awesome job! I love the necklace, I would love to get that for my daughter. She has a pearl that she picked from our first trip in 2008 that is just sitting there in her dresser. It would be nice if she could wear it.
i will PM you the info...i should have told the person i am sending everyone too that i would be doing that wonder if i could have gotten a little kick back on the business

i bet she would love the necklace for her pearl.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 06-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1192
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Great update. Candi looks very happy with her pearl. I will have to remember to pick the ugly oyster when we go next. Could I have the info for the cage? Thanks in advance.
she was thrilled with it.

i will PM you the info, not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Caught up again! I think Singapore might be where I got the beef dish...I don't have my notebook here. If it is, it was good!

Love Candi's necklace! We did pick-a-pearl in 2010 - Haley picked mine for me, and I got twins! I ended up having earrings made out of them. I had originally thought I'd get the carriage on Ebay when I got home, but with two of them it wouldn't work.
i was wondering if that was the one you were talking about...

thats really cool that you got twins, i dont think i have ever heard of anyone getting twins before.

but sweet you could get earrings made out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
Subscribed! I started and finished reading this weekend, it's really good. Thanks for writing!
aboard thanks for subbing and reading, and glad you are enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
All caught up. I don't know how you were able to pass up anything at the food stations; it all looks so good.

That's great that Candi was able to do the pick-a-pearl.
it was very tempting on some dishes, but we went through all the pics of each station before we left and sort of had a idea of what we wanted and stuck to that, i think we did add a few while there but not many.

didnt you get a necklace for your ladies when you guys did it?

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #1193
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Awesome update! Pick-a-pearl looks like a lot of fun--I remember as a kid doing that at Seaworld! Would love to have the info on the necklace if you don't mind?

Our Vow Renewal 5/1/06 - Family Trip 9/2013 & Senior Pictures
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #1194
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
Awesome update! Pick-a-pearl looks like a lot of fun--I remember as a kid doing that at Seaworld! Would love to have the info on the necklace if you don't mind?
it was a fun time even though i didnt pick one, i still enjoying watching her have fun.

i will send the info along to you

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #1195
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice pearl she got. LOL about the drunk lady.
That was easy to catch up on. LOL
Looked like a fun time in Japan.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #1196
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Dan! I somehow missed a couple of updates You guys really took advantage of trying a lot of samples! Yum! I really want to do F&W one of these days.

Parker's mad photo is so funny!
Love the carriage necklace! I think I may pick one of those up for DGD - I'm thinking she would love to do the pearl - she's amost 6 this trip!
I had a couple of questions:
1. What is the F&W passport used for - just info?
2. Is the Chase Lounge only for Disney visa or any Chase?

I'm enjoying your TR a lot as usual - love seeing your family grow!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1197
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice pearl she got. LOL about the drunk lady.
That was easy to catch up on. LOL
Looked like a fun time in Japan.
see scott i was waiting for you to get back from your trip before i continued on, i didnt want you to get too far behind, but now that you are caught up i will work on the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Dan! I somehow missed a couple of updates You guys really took advantage of trying a lot of samples! Yum! I really want to do F&W one of these days.

Parker's mad photo is so funny!
Love the carriage necklace! I think I may pick one of those up for DGD - I'm thinking she would love to do the pearl - she's amost 6 this trip!
I had a couple of questions:
1. What is the F&W passport used for - just info?
2. Is the Chase Lounge only for Disney visa or any Chase?

I'm enjoying your TR a lot as usual - love seeing your family grow!
we loved all the samples we had, sure was a fun time.

the passport, just has the countries listed with each of there offerings, then there is a little spot next to the name that you can get a stamp from there booth, i will try and remember to get a picture of the inside to share with you guys.

as far as i know it was just for disney visa, but im not sure now that you ask.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #1198
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 55. He waved at me....

Chapter 55. He waved at me.

First once again i have been slammed between updates, and barely have had time to read other reports...so please enjoy this update before the weekend.

I have this duffy picture before we made it to the American adventure area, so im guessing that this is what his duffy looked like after we left Japans station.

the next booth we came to was the florida booth.

the food did not peak my interest but a drink was in order.

i picked up a key west southern most wheat beer which was really good.

candi opted for the florida orange groves hurricane class 5 white sangria...which she loved.

we actually went into the festival center to buy a bottle but they were sold out. they told us it was one of there more popular ones, and that it was a mix of 5 different sangrias, hence the class 5 in the name i am assuming.

we decided to take our drinks with us and the rain was stopping so it was onto the eat to the beat concert series event that night.

tonights singer was sugar ray.

every song he played were ones that people knew which was cool the crowd was getting into it.
we heard
fly
every morning
someday
when its over

to name a few

some more pics from the concert

the kids and candi dancing.

and then it happened.

i put the digital camera down and pulled out the regular camera as soon as i turned it on, i here and video mark, on stage say "i see you baby" and waves.

i turn to candi with the camera and low and behold its her that is waving at him to cause him to wave back and call her baby...she is now all giddy and smiling from ear to ear.

she still talks about it and how it was soooooo cooooollll that he called her out and waved to her.

i asked her if she thought he was cute or had a crush on him or something, and she said no, just that it was the first concert type venue she has ever been to and was just so excited that he saw her.

thats my wife, gets joy out of everything, but to really fix the situation, we have now booked tickets for her first "real" concert this summer we are going to see blake shelton in concert this summer and she is very excited about that.

anyway back to the conert, noelle was just sort of dancing around.

we listened to a few more songs

then decided since we were going to walk around the american adventure area anyway we would just listen to the rest of it while going to the kid cot station or while getting another drink.

the drink list at the american hops booth. detailed what each drink is like.

my lovely wife picked this one.

in part because she liked the tap, and in part because she said it sounded good and different.

so she went with the kids to the kid cot station to color duffy while i went and ordered the drink.

so the moment of if she liked it was upon us. let it savor on the tongue for minute

time for the verdict.

yep i would say she liked it,

candi was having quiet the half hour, first she had a very good sangria she loved, then she was waved at by a rock star if you will, then she had a great new drink she liked.

the kids meanwhile were busy coloring some more duffy

the earlier rains had lessened the crowds some, so it was time to bid our concert and america good bye and hit the next stop on our world tour.

hope everyone has a great weekend.

Blessed by the Best
Old 06-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #1199
jenny105
DIS Veteran

We saw Sugar Ray when we were there too. Candi is lying. Everyone and their mother had a HUGE crush on Mark McGrath back in the day including myself. She's really never been to a concert?? My first concert was when I was 7. New Kids on the Block. Oddly enough I'm going to see them in again in 8 days I have 3 more this summer. It's one of my favorite things about the summertime.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #1200
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

That looks like it was such a fun time! The concert pictures are great. I loved that you guys had room to stand and dance.

I love Angry Orchard beer! It's probably one of the alcoholic drinks I really miss while being pregnant.

DH would like the Hops booth!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: