Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #1171
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
what is a frushi? it was a very good sandwich i would get it again in a heart beat.
I had the frushi at Flower and Garden.... It was fruit sushi. I liked it.

Candi is so happy about her pick a pearl- you done Good Dan.

I have a small teardrop cage with a pearl in it. I do like the Cinderella one too though.

Looks like you picked the right time to duck in to get away from the rain.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #1172
auntchelle
Earning My Ears

May I also have the info on the charm?

Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #1173
lebeauc
Earning My Ears

I did a quick Google search and came up with this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/88116992...lla-pearl-cage

Looks very similar to me. My wife wants one now. Maybe I'll get her and my 2 girls one before our trip next year.

That same seller has some others on their page too.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #1175
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love Pick a Pearl, but I was NOT the lady who almost ended up in the pearl tank. (Although I could have been because the day I passed by there I had a little too much grapefruit beer )

I love the carriage. It's absolutely adorable and Candi looks thrilled. Nice job!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #1176
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Ack! I have a lot of catching up to do. We switched servers at work so all of your pictures are blocked Boo!

So I may be going to Disney World in August. I applied for a trip through work. Technically it's for business but we'll have some free time. Fingers cross I get accepted! I need all the good vibes I can get.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #1177
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
really what did you do with all the extra pearls? sell them to people in line just watching you.

they were mixed in, but you could not even tast them or see them, so not sure if they were just cut really small or what...at least i think they were mixed in since i didnt see them on top.

hmm wonder if they were there at all. false advertisment.
No didn't sell them! I had one put into a different pearl cage that fit the bigger pearl and the other two are still just in the bag. As long as you keep the original bag, you can take them back later and get them set. I might do that on my next visit. Oh, and the 4 tries weren't all in a row, they were spread out over two trips.

Thanks on the onion info. I can definitely handle them if they are ground up. I just don't like the "crunch". My pickiness is as much about texture as it is taste.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #1178
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Dan, I've always wanted to do the Pick a Pearl and somehow we always forget or it is way too crowded when we do think about it. But after seeing Candi's face, I am determined to get it done of the my three trips this year.

Thanks for the text message...I appreciate it.
same here which is why i bought the necklace before so it would hopefully remind us to go and do it...which it did.

not a problem, glad to chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
OMG!!! I love that Cinderella Charm.. I would love that too. no wonder she was so happy!!! That's funny about going up to those girls. LOL

I also noticed in your signature that you have stayed at CBR and CSR.. which one did you like better? We are currently booked at CBR but I am just not as excited as I normally am about resorts.... Which do you think is best? Our boys will be 5 and one month shy of 2 during our trip.. We even thought about doing POP and saving some $ but I cant make up my mind.
we stayed at CBR on our honeymoon, and CSR on our first trip with parker.

I think we favor CBR but we are naturally more Caribbean relaxing people so that themeing was for us...and there food court we liked better.

They have just added a new water kid play area at CBR that is really cool within the last few years, so having the younger kids there i think they would like that much better...the pool at CSR is nothing special in my opinion.

our favorite thing was the music at CBR it just puts you in a relaxing mood.

hope that helps you some....here is an image link to there pool pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
Loving your TR so far. A little late in joining, but getting there, lol!

glad to have you along hope you continue to enjoy the report

never too late, still 3 full days and two half days left of the report.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #1179
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I had the frushi at Flower and Garden.... It was fruit sushi. I liked it.

Candi is so happy about her pick a pearl- you done Good Dan.

I have a small teardrop cage with a pearl in it. I do like the Cinderella one too though.

Looks like you picked the right time to duck in to get away from the rain.
fruit sushi huh? that seems up my speed as i cant seem to get around the whole raw fish sushi thing.

thanks pat, she loves it still wears it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntchelle View Post
May I also have the info on the charm?

Thanks!
yep will send you a PM shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeauc View Post
I did a quick Google search and came up with this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/88116992...lla-pearl-cage

Looks very similar to me. My wife wants one now. Maybe I'll get her and my 2 girls one before our trip next year.

That same seller has some others on their page too.
yep that looks very similiar, will send you the link in a PM to where i got mine.

i bet the girls and your wife will love that idea.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #1180
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
adorable necklace! And I love Candi's expression, how perfect and what a special gift and memory.

That sandwich looks REALLY good!

5 days at Indy, how fun, Jeff would be SO jealous!
i was very pleased with it too, i cant wait till noelle gets to try it when she gets bigger.

Indy was a blast, i bet he would have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love Pick a Pearl, but I was NOT the lady who almost ended up in the pearl tank. (Although I could have been because the day I passed by there I had a little too much grapefruit beer )

I love the carriage. It's absolutely adorable and Candi looks thrilled. Nice job!
this lady def. had to many had to have her spouse hold her up a little as walking.

thanks, i was glad to find out about the carriage before i left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Ack! I have a lot of catching up to do. We switched servers at work so all of your pictures are blocked Boo!

So I may be going to Disney World in August. I applied for a trip through work. Technically it's for business but we'll have some free time. Fingers cross I get accepted! I need all the good vibes I can get.
sorry to hear the pics were blocked, you are missing some awesome ones.

hope you get the free trip that would be a nice little bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
No didn't sell them! I had one put into a different pearl cage that fit the bigger pearl and the other two are still just in the bag. As long as you keep the original bag, you can take them back later and get them set. I might do that on my next visit. Oh, and the 4 tries weren't all in a row, they were spread out over two trips.

Thanks on the onion info. I can definitely handle them if they are ground up. I just don't like the "crunch". My pickiness is as much about texture as it is taste.
next time i will spend some time looking at the ones they offer, i didnt even think to look since we had ours already.

ohh well that isnt bad, i thought you just kept picking them over and over again till you got one that fit.

i can see that im not a fan of raw hard onions or really cruncy ones either, but cooked up im good to go.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #1181
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

another great entry - that gift to Candi was really sweet ... nothing too big, but thoughtful

I too would like a pm to the info for the necklace ... though I must admit more likely to get it for my daughter

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 05-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #1182
marvali
DIS Veteran

Nice job with the Pick a Pearl pulling off the surprise and getting the necklace for a great memory and anniversary gift! And super job knowing to get Candi to pick an "ugly" oyster so she got a bigger prize!

She looks like one very happy lady!!!

Love to explore the shops in Japan! I may have to pick up some of the chopsticks they have the next time I am in there!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #1183
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
fruit sushi huh? that seems up my speed as i cant seem to get around the whole raw fish sushi thing.
Me either. It was good and probably the only way I will eat something ....ushi.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 05-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #1184
WDWFAN2020
Earning My Ears

Lovin your report
Old 06-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #1185
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Awesome job! I love the necklace, I would love to get that for my daughter. She has a pearl that she picked from our first trip in 2008 that is just sitting there in her dresser. It would be nice if she could wear it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: