Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #1156
Weluvdisny
I'm alot calmer than I thought I would be
We're all CRAZY for Disney!!

A little late getting to the party, but I made it!!

Your family is absolutely adorable!!! Enjoy those little ones. They grow up way too fast.

I really don't want your TR to end! What will I do at work all day?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #1157
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 54. My Precious

First another apology for taking so long between updates, was really busy lately and was gone for 5 days at the indy 500 (which was a blast)

Chapter 54. My Precious

It had come time for the long awaited destination for epcot.

Even though we did not allow each other to buy something for an anniversary gift that was one day before we left on the trip, i still broke the rule and bought her something.

My gift was the pick a pearl for candi.

She was really excited.

Before we left i had given her a necklace to put the pearl in, but that will come later after the other pictures.

So we went inside and paid for the pick a pearl.

We were given a number and told there was 4 others in front of us...

So we walked around the shop for a few minutes and what seemed like less than 10 minutes we were having our number called to come back up for the event.

The area around the pick a pearl was packed.

But not with people waiting there turn just people trying to see and push in on everyone to get close.

We had to nicely (which translates to asked a few times nicely then ask a few time not as nice to tell people we need to get through to pick the pearl, and if they wouldnt mind moving over so our family could see the whole event.

Finally we were able to make enough room for candi and parker to see, and i was just to the side with noelle in the stroller.

basically it started with candi picking a pearl, i told her about picking ones that are not as pretty which i had heard translates to ones that are better than others.

not sure what she was saying here, i have it on video but not with me. so the next few will just be part of the ceremony

the next one she had asked her if she sees the pearl, candi said no, then she moved the things in the shell around a little and showed it to her.

here she is digging it out of the oyster

and showing the pearl to candi.

what is left of the discarded oyster after the pearl was taken out.

this was a extra picture so i could remeber the price in case anyone wanted to know the price of the pick a pearl.
also because her pearl is now sitting in the salt/what crystal stuff to clean it off the rest of the way.

and banging the mighty drum after her pearl was out.

marking the bag with the size and bagging it up for her.

she got a 7 1/4 mm pearl, which the lady said was bigger than normal.

and here is the necklace that i got for candi before we left, she loved it, it is the Cinderella carriage for her necklace, it opens up and then clasps shut with the pearl inside it.

good thing her pearl wasnt any bigger as the cage did not close all the way but i was able to get the necklace through the part in the top that holds the cage shut so there is no way it can come out now.

candi was thrilled with it.

in case you cant tell from this expression.

we did run into a drunk lady at the pick a pearl that almost ended up in the pearl tank she was wobbling so much.

but despite that we had a great experience there and i would recommend it.

if you want info on the necklace just let me know ill send it to

from there we went outside and stopped at the japan booth.

i think candi was still on cloud 9 after her pick a pearl cause she walked up to these girls to order her sandwich and they said they dont work there just eating there food, there was another stand on the other side they pointed her too that was open.

after going to the right side, she then proceded to get her snack.

it was a very good sukiyaki beef pan, which is a marinated thinly sliced rib eye with sauteed onions and teriyaki sauce...we loved it.

the picture didnt turn out the best but that sandwich was awesome we both loved it.
it started to spit rain a little bit so we rushed over to the japan store area in the back by the kid cot station...i had never been over here before and it was neat to see what was around.

since we were in the area we stopped so the kids could do there kid cot station.

since it was pouring out pretty good parker was able to color a good amount of his duffy and noelle lost interest pretty quickly so she entertained herself by playing in the window sill

the rain didnt last long and soon enough we were ready to leave for our next spot.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #1158
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
A little late getting to the party, but I made it!!

Your family is absolutely adorable!!! Enjoy those little ones. They grow up way too fast.

I really don't want your TR to end! What will I do at work all day?
glad to have you along, and thanks for the nice comments.

it wont yet just yet, we still have 3 full days and 2 half days to finish up...so at least a good 6 months i sure.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 05-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #1159
kde175
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
candi was thrilled with it.
Love that charm. We bought the same one for our DD a few trips back. She loves to wear it!

Great TR. Enjoying reading along. Trying to tide myself over. I still have another 191 days to wait on our trip.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #1160
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

I am interested in the necklace. I meant to do Pick A Pearl on our last trip, it didn't happen. That sandwich looked yummy. I have never had anything from the Japan kiosk. But during Flower & Garden I did try frushi from the food kiosk in Japan that they had. Let's say it was interesting.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #1161
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Loved seeing pearl experience.

Looks like she got a great size one

I have always wanted to do that, but forget.

Can you give me the info on the necklace? So pretty. Thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #1162
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
First another apology for taking so long between updates, was really busy lately and was gone for 5 days at the indy 500 (which was a blast)
Well, as long as you have a good excuse.

Quote:
Even though we did not allow each other to buy something for an anniversary gift that was one day before we left on the trip, i still broke the rule and bought her something.
Good move. We've done that before. She usually gets something really nice and expensive, and I get a Dunkin Donuts gift card or something.

Quote:
The area around the pick a pearl was packed.

But not with people waiting there turn just people trying to see and push in on everyone to get close.
Because, you know, they're more important.

Quote:
and here is the necklace that i got for candi before we left, she loved it, it is the Cinderella carriage for her necklace, it opens up and then clasps shut with the pearl inside it.
Very cool. What a fun gift!

Quote:
i think candi was still on cloud 9 after her pick a pearl cause she walked up to these girls to order her sandwich and they said they dont work there just eating there food, there was another stand on the other side they pointed her too that was open.

Quote:
it was a very good sukiyaki beef pan, which is a marinated thinly sliced rib eye with sauteed onions and teriyaki sauce...we loved it.
Mmmm...looks good.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #1163
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Cute necklace!
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #1164
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I love doing Pick A Pearl, it's so much fun! And yes, you can get a pearl too big for that necklace. It took me four tries to get one small enough. Not that I minded trying over and over!

That sandwich looks really good. Do you remember if the onions were put on top or mixed in with the meat? I'm not a fan of onions so I'm wondering if I could get it without them.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #1165
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175 View Post
Love that charm. We bought the same one for our DD a few trips back. She loves to wear it!

Great TR. Enjoying reading along. Trying to tide myself over. I still have another 191 days to wait on our trip.
it is a great deal for it much cheaper than i expected.

hope you still enjoy your summer but im sure that it will fly by with your trip looming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
I am interested in the necklace. I meant to do Pick A Pearl on our last trip, it didn't happen. That sandwich looked yummy. I have never had anything from the Japan kiosk. But during Flower & Garden I did try frushi from the food kiosk in Japan that they had. Let's say it was interesting.
what is a frushi? it was a very good sandwich i would get it again in a heart beat.

ill PM you the info on the pearl.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #1166
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Loved seeing pearl experience.

Looks like she got a great size one

I have always wanted to do that, but forget.

Can you give me the info on the necklace? So pretty. Thanks
i sent you a PM with the info in it.
i wanted to do it on the trip prior but forgot as well, so i figured if i bought the necklace before hand it would help me remember better...and it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, as long as you have a good excuse.

Good move. We've done that before. She usually gets something really nice and expensive, and I get a Dunkin Donuts gift card or something.
hey i didnt even get a gift card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Because, you know, they're more important.

Very cool. What a fun gift!

Mmmm...looks good.
funny thing was i caught them pointing her in the right direction and didnt even plan on that.

you would have liked the sandwich very tasty

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #1167
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Cute necklace!
thanks glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I love doing Pick A Pearl, it's so much fun! And yes, you can get a pearl too big for that necklace. It took me four tries to get one small enough. Not that I minded trying over and over!

That sandwich looks really good. Do you remember if the onions were put on top or mixed in with the meat? I'm not a fan of onions so I'm wondering if I could get it without them.
really what did you do with all the extra pearls? sell them to people in line just watching you.

they were mixed in, but you could not even tast them or see them, so not sure if they were just cut really small or what...at least i think they were mixed in since i didnt see them on top.

hmm wonder if they were there at all. false advertisment.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #1168
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Dan, I've always wanted to do the Pick a Pearl and somehow we always forget or it is way too crowded when we do think about it. But after seeing Candi's face, I am determined to get it done of the my three trips this year.

Thanks for the text message...I appreciate it.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #1169
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

OMG!!! I love that Cinderella Charm.. I would love that too. no wonder she was so happy!!! That's funny about going up to those girls. LOL

I also noticed in your signature that you have stayed at CBR and CSR.. which one did you like better? We are currently booked at CBR but I am just not as excited as I normally am about resorts.... Which do you think is best? Our boys will be 5 and one month shy of 2 during our trip.. We even thought about doing POP and saving some $ but I cant make up my mind.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 05-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #1170
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

Loving your TR so far. A little late in joining, but getting there, lol!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: