Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #1051
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Loved Noelle's dolls !!! She has good taste at an early age!! Poor Parker and his meltdown!!! Boy I soo remember the endless questions about everything right in the middle of a show and you missed half the plot and just wanted to scream !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #1052
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

The pics of Noelle getting just brave enough to hand over her book were adorable! Those are some of my favorite Photopass pics - the candid ones!

Soarin' was a hit for all of us, as well. Will tells everyone it's his favorite ride at Epcot, and we were worried about his reaction just like you were with Parker. It's a good thing, since it's my favorite ride!

October 2012 Trip report

FairyGodmotherJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #1053
marvali
DIS Veteran

Great way to start an Epcot day, with Soarin' and Living with the Land! Great job by Parker on Soarin' and declaring it a new favorite.

Some really good character interactions, and of course Goofy will always win them over!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #1054
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Love the pics of Noelle going up to the characters with her book! What a cutie. So great that she finally started warming up to them.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #1055
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Great job Parker on conquering Soarin'! Glad to see he handled it well. It's always a roll of the dice, isn't it?
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #1056
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad parker enjoyed Soarin. Trent loves it as do we all

The pics with Noelle and characters are great. Love that first one where she is handing her book to Mickey...so cute
how did he like the other bigs, like thunder mountain?

she loved getting her book signed by them....a great activity for the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Dan.

So happy that Parker enjoyed Soarin'...a great new ride for him.

Love the photopass pictures from The Character Spot (that was all closed off when we were there and they had moved them). Noelle is such a cutie and I love how she just hangs on to mommy enough just in case....

Nice family shots too.
i was really happy he enjoyed it as well, cant wait for him to ride test track next trip, im sure he will love that one as well.

were they just redoing the area? or did it look like they were putting something else in there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Love the family shots with the characters! Very nice
thanks, character meet and greets are one of my favorite things to do with the kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer4 View Post
I am really enjoying and learning alot from your review. We leave in 3 weeks for our first ever trip to Disney!! And it's a surprise for the kids!!
glad you are enjoying it, and really hope that the tips and things we experienced help you out on your trip.

how old are your kids?

what hotel are you staying in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Big sigh of relief that Soarin' worked out so well.

Great call on Nemo.

Noelle is getting so comfortable with the characters. Such a sweetie.
figured it was best not to risk that ride even though it is perfectly fine for him, the whole walking through the dark on the way to the ride might have really freaked him out.

i think next trip we will show him videos of some of the rides to show what they are like so he doesnt work himself up just getting in lines.

she is acting like a regular pro

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #1057
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Love the character interaction shots!
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yay for Parker riding Soarin'! The pics of the kids meeting the characters is soooo cute! Love them!

Jill in CO
i was very proud of him and happy get him a new soarin pin.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Soarin' !!!! YAY !! My favorite !!

I have to tell you how fun it is to see your children growing so much. I read your TR when you stayed at Fort Wilderness with your Mom and Dad and I remember you telling us Candi was pregnant with Noelle. So fun to see the time pass and how precious they are.

As a parent, though, sometimes the time passes far too quickly !!

Thanks for sharing !!
thanks, it does seem like just the other day we were on the trip when parker was little...he just started his next round of preschool today and is loving it.

thanks for enjoying it.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #1058
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Loved Noelle's dolls !!! She has good taste at an early age!! Poor Parker and his meltdown!!! Boy I soo remember the endless questions about everything right in the middle of a show and you missed half the plot and just wanted to scream !!!!
they are really cute baby dolls i was very happy we found them. she almost likes the luggage they came in as much as the dolls.

yep and the car rides asking what and why everything is...great times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
The pics of Noelle getting just brave enough to hand over her book were adorable! Those are some of my favorite Photopass pics - the candid ones!

Soarin' was a hit for all of us, as well. Will tells everyone it's his favorite ride at Epcot, and we were worried about his reaction just like you were with Parker. It's a good thing, since it's my favorite ride!
the candid ones usually are the best...which is why i often dont tell people that i am taking a picture, then they say i wasnt even looking or smiling, and i say i know it caught the moment better that way.

glad he liked soarin it is a great ride for them to love and now you can ride it many more times on future trips with him.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #1059
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Great way to start an Epcot day, with Soarin' and Living with the Land! Great job by Parker on Soarin' and declaring it a new favorite.

Some really good character interactions, and of course Goofy will always win them over!!!
with test track down you really didnt have the options that morning...i bet if it was open we would have spent a good amount of rounds hitting that up.

he is a big lovable fellow isnt he? but not as lovable as my man donald.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Love the pics of Noelle going up to the characters with her book! What a cutie. So great that she finally started warming up to them.
she did a great job at it...i was very impressed with it, i think having parker so much into them and running up to them helped her confidence to not be scared of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Great job Parker on conquering Soarin'! Glad to see he handled it well. It's always a roll of the dice, isn't it?
it sure is, having so many ups and downs with things you would not even think that would scare them...

like a sing along...or T-Rex for instance.

then things like soarin where you they could be scared of being up so high he is fine with...but now i do remember telling him it was just like the sky ride we road at indiana beach and he was okay with that...so i think that helped.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #1060
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Dan! Loved the updates. Looks like the campfire is lots of fun with Chip N Dale! Too bad about the meltdown. We have a little guy in our family who can get himself all worked up, too - especially when he was 4. Thanks for sharing the pics - it reminded me that I want to get that in this July for the kids.

Wow! way to sleep in and still hit Soarin early! Good for Mr. Parker for being brave on the high up ride! It is so hard to find a balance between letting them skip things you know will be alright, and making them face the unknown a little so they can discover something fun!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #1061
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Dan! Loved the updates. Looks like the campfire is lots of fun with Chip N Dale! Too bad about the meltdown. We have a little guy in our family who can get himself all worked up, too - especially when he was 4. Thanks for sharing the pics - it reminded me that I want to get that in this July for the kids.

Wow! way to sleep in and still hit Soarin early! Good for Mr. Parker for being brave on the high up ride! It is so hard to find a balance between letting them skip things you know will be alright, and making them face the unknown a little so they can discover something fun!
it is a lot of fun, i think you guys would enjoy it...there is a section of these forums that have the schedule of hte movies if you want to look it up.

i was very proud of him for being so brave, since he had seen the simulated version of it on the show in the room all week, it still didnt scare him away.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #1062
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report and read the whole thing over the last two days. Way too much to comment on but I am really enjoying it. I don't have kids myself and usually go to Disney with all adults so it is really refreshing to read a report that is so different from my usual trip. Oh, and your kids are adorable!
Pluto0809 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #1063
firsttimer4
Mouseketeer

glad you are enjoying it, and really hope that the tips and things we experienced help you out on your trip.

how old are your kids?

what hotel are you staying in?

My DS is almost 6 and my DD just made 3. We are staying at POP

ME DH DS (6) DD (3)
firsttimer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #1064
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Just found your trip report and read the whole thing over the last two days. Way too much to comment on but I am really enjoying it. I don't have kids myself and usually go to Disney with all adults so it is really refreshing to read a report that is so different from my usual trip. Oh, and your kids are adorable!
thanks for taking the time to read along and catch up over the last two days.

glad you can see a different version of disney and you are enjoying it. we will have more adult touring in the world showcase of the current day coming up.

Blessed by the Best
Old 05-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #1065
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer4 View Post

My DS is almost 6 and my DD just made 3. We are staying at POP
awesome, great age.

if you have time walk across the bridge to check out AoA...wearing your bathing suits and walk slow till u see someone going into the pool then sneak in behind them.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: