Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #1036
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Well, I'm glad Noelle liked her new dolls. And the pictures you got on the boat were terrific. What a beautiful twilight sky.

My youngest son keeps asking to do the Chip & Dale campfire and it's one of those things we never seem to have the time to do. Looks like it's a lot of fun. Didn't seem like there were too many people there, judging from the pictures.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #1037
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
really? i thought they were sort of cute.

it was like watching an toddler fight with a grown up and telling them that they could not get there way.

it was a fun night good ending to a relaxing day,
I am not a doll person. My godmother used to buy me porcelain dolls when I was a little girl and I thought they were terrifying. The blank stare. I used to turn them around so they'd face the wall instead of me.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #1038
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Chapter 47. Live Life Update Part 1

Another break in the action, but will still have a few disney references in this break.

Parkers birthday was tuesday, we had his party scheduled outdoors at a park on saturday well the weather was not being very nice, so last minute thursday night i had to find an indoor locations.
I hate when that happens but I guess one of the risks you always take when you plan outdoor celebrations!

Looks like a great birthday cake for Parker to enjoy! So how much of that pizza was left at the end of the party???

That is a really neat design on the bunkbeds in your room at the Dells! Haven't seen one like that, but looks like Parker and Noelle both enjoyed it! Guessing Parker got the top bunk..........

The place you stayed looks like a lot of fun for young and old alike! Plenty of variety for everyone. Even the lazy river part looked like a great time! Especially after all the climbing........chance to give the legs a rest! Of course, what better way to end a busy, tiring day than with "dinner" and a movie!

Upside down White House, huh?

Go Karts and ice cream..........sounds like a great afternoon to me!!!

Lovin' all the hat pics! Can't believe you weren't the one sporting the Beer hat though.............

So Parker thought the back of the Moosejaw Brewery delivery vehicle was funny because Candi was in the picture???

That track with the monorail looks like a lot of fun too!

Quote:
Chapter 48. Party with the Chipmunks, well sort of
Nice that you found the Minnie and Mickey dolls that Noelle loved so much. She looks like they are really special to her!

How polite of Parker the way he asked about the trading cards!!!

That blue streak in the sky is definitely interesting! Nice job capturing the picture!

Love the way Parker is enjoying the boat ride! Do they have any of the Disney boats as part of those transportation "toys" I have seen before at Disney? Seems like something else Parker REALLY needs.............

Some great pics with Chip and Dale! A couple more of my favorites!!!

Sorry Parker had another meltdown over the Hercules movie. Yea, I think if you can't come up with a quick answer for what a movie is about in the future, just make something up and compare it to another Disney movie he knows about. After all, they pretty much follow a similar theme.........hero, some sort of conflict, love interest "princess", hero overcomes the conflict, hero wins over the Princess in the end, they all live happily ever after...........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #1039
cherbear
DIS Veteran

that looked like fun! But poor Parker...

FYI I'm not a fan of Hercules either.

WDW in July with a baby?? Am I crazy?!

1983-98--Multiple visits,'01-ASMu,'03-CSR,'06-ASMu; AS Sports,'07; Sept 08 & 09 @ Pop Century. Next visit....???
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #1040
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Been there, done that when it comes to having melt-downs about the unknown. Disney always did it for us...I remember literally dragging Jack on Buzz Lightyear when he was 4 or 5, and then having to ride it two more times because he liked it so much. This last trip it was Will's turn. I think just being away from home and all things familiar messes with them, too.

We've never been to one of the sing-alongs. Wonder if my oldest will think it's hokey by the time we get back? Something to put on the "maybe" list. Loved all the photos - you can't beat Disney scenery, but those were really cool!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #1041
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Well, I'm glad Noelle liked her new dolls. And the pictures you got on the boat were terrific. What a beautiful twilight sky.

My youngest son keeps asking to do the Chip & Dale campfire and it's one of those things we never seem to have the time to do. Looks like it's a lot of fun. Didn't seem like there were too many people there, judging from the pictures.
thanks,

i have seen the sing along pretty empty where it was like when we were there, then packed where people are sitting in all the grandstands. but of course depends on the time of year, summer gets pretty full but that makes for a better sing along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I am not a doll person. My godmother used to buy me porcelain dolls when I was a little girl and I thought they were terrifying. The blank stare. I used to turn them around so they'd face the wall instead of me.
i can see that some of those look a little creepy but i tend to like the new baby dolls they have out. maybe having alot of them in the house for noelle helps that

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
I hate when that happens but I guess one of the risks you always take when you plan outdoor celebrations!

Looks like a great birthday cake for Parker to enjoy! So how much of that pizza was left at the end of the party???

That is a really neat design on the bunkbeds in your room at the Dells! Haven't seen one like that, but looks like Parker and Noelle both enjoyed it! Guessing Parker got the top bunk..........

The place you stayed looks like a lot of fun for young and old alike! Plenty of variety for everyone. Even the lazy river part looked like a great time! Especially after all the climbing........chance to give the legs a rest! Of course, what better way to end a busy, tiring day than with "dinner" and a movie!
thanks marv, even though the plans were not what we had hopped for, it still turned out really nice, perfect not having to cook anything or clean it up just show up and have a fun time.

the trip was a blast, something we had alot of fun at and a great getaway to end the stuck inside winter blues if you will.

Quote:
Upside down White House, huh?

Go Karts and ice cream..........sounds like a great afternoon to me!!!

Lovin' all the hat pics! Can't believe you weren't the one sporting the Beer hat though.............

So Parker thought the back of the Moosejaw Brewery delivery vehicle was funny because Candi was in the picture???

That track with the monorail looks like a lot of fun too!
problem with the go karts was with me in it with parker we weighed more than most of the other karts, not many duo racing teams so we didnt pass as many people as we would have liked but we did have some pretty sweet sharp drifting turns.

better hope she doesnt see your moosejaw comment

he loved having the new addition for his monorail track.

Quote:
Nice that you found the Minnie and Mickey dolls that Noelle loved so much. She looks like they are really special to her!

How polite of Parker the way he asked about the trading cards!!!

That blue streak in the sky is definitely interesting! Nice job capturing the picture!

Love the way Parker is enjoying the boat ride! Do they have any of the Disney boats as part of those transportation "toys" I have seen before at Disney? Seems like something else Parker REALLY needs.............
i was really happy to find them as well...

parker was very polite during the trip saying excuse me when he walked up to someone, he did it each time he asked to trade a pin.

i dont know if they have those boats as toys or not, wish i was going back soon to find out, but i guess i can wait till next year, cant justify taking a trip just to look for a single toy. but wonder if candi would approve that?

Quote:
Some great pics with Chip and Dale! A couple more of my favorites!!!

Sorry Parker had another meltdown over the Hercules movie. Yea, I think if you can't come up with a quick answer for what a movie is about in the future, just make something up and compare it to another Disney movie he knows about. After all, they pretty much follow a similar theme.........hero, some sort of conflict, love interest "princess", hero overcomes the conflict, hero wins over the Princess in the end, they all live happily ever after...........
after i stumbled to think what it was about he wasnt buying any excuse i was giving him after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbear View Post
that looked like fun! But poor Parker...

FYI I'm not a fan of Hercules either.
me either, after i thought about it, i think i saw like 10 minutes of it, but still dont know what hte story line is about, and really didnt interest me to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Been there, done that when it comes to having melt-downs about the unknown. Disney always did it for us...I remember literally dragging Jack on Buzz Lightyear when he was 4 or 5, and then having to ride it two more times because he liked it so much. This last trip it was Will's turn. I think just being away from home and all things familiar messes with them, too.

We've never been to one of the sing-alongs. Wonder if my oldest will think it's hokey by the time we get back? Something to put on the "maybe" list. Loved all the photos - you can't beat Disney scenery, but those were really cool!
i was suprised i got parker on certain rides namely splash mountain, and the next chapter soarin, but i just kept talking to him about different things to keep his mind off of what possible horror he would encounter...some rides we didnt think would be an issue were ones i did not try and build up ahead of time and as a result we did not ride.

we had your buzz ride with mexico donald boat ride this trip

a think some older kids might not love it but it i remember growing up always having a good time, if you get into it, then you would enjoy it, just have to let the inner kid out.

maybe bribe with a cooked hotdog over the fire pits.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #1042
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 49. Lets go Soarin

Chapter 49. Lets go Soarin

Today was time to get back into the park mode of vacationing.

Last three days were AK, then 2 off days, of the water parks, and hotel pooling.(see there is that word again)

Epcot had just celebrated there 30th anniversary the day before, and i had a great new friend who attended and picked me up a 30th anniversary pin since we did not make it there.

The park had opened at 8:00 for early hours, and I knew to not even try and force us to get there for that.

The kids were doing good with sleep and not getting over tired, and if we wanted to be there all day for Illuminations we took our time getting up.

We were however at the park at 8:30 which was pretty good timing still had some early entrance time left.

It was straight to Soarin to get fast passes which were for 9:15.

Parker and i Jumped in line while candi and Noelle hit up living with the land for a spin.

good thing about the early time was there was no stopping walking up to the line until we got split off in the long hallways for the left or right side.

Parker started to ask about what the ride was like. I told him we sit in a chair and watch a movie that shows Disney land.

Well it does, just left out the part about going high up to watch the movie.

When the intro movie came on, i distracted him with questions about what we might see while looking at disneyland.

Soon enough we were led to our seats, front row, baby.

He was a little hesitant but strapped in and no where to go now.

During the ride, i pointed out things to keep his mind off being high up, only thing he did was grab my arm to hold onto.

he didnt mention the height at all.

well he did when we got off, but said it was alot of fun and claimed it his new favorite ride ever.

When we got off the ride, he was ready to go with candi on there but the fast pass time had not rolled around yet, so we all went back on living with the land.

the kids really liked it again, the farm house was there favorite with the dog.

I wonder if these gators, will end up in AK when they get bigger?

These sweet potatoes would make alot of good fries

Once we were done with living with the land we headed over to the character meet and greet.

First up was Mickey.
she was coming around some with them, handing them her book.

a good family shot.

Pluto was next

still a little distant even after liking him so much at Chef Mickeys but she did go up to him on her own.

Minnie got some love from parker while trying to sign his book.

Pluto she can handle on her own like a champ but still needs some help from mom for Minnie to take her book.

then runs back for comfort.

Donald got a proper greeting from Parker.

And some hand holding mommy love from noelle.

That big goofy is loved by parker as well.

Noelle has a little stand off with the Goof while he signs her book.

but then warms up enough to give him a high five.

After the character meet and greet Parker and Candi went back for round 2 of Soaring and I knew that paker would not like the dark parts of Nemo with how he was going on the rest of the trip so I decided to take Noelle with me on that.
these next two pics were taken with my new camera minus a flash i was impressed.

and on the ride

After they got off we met them at the exit to the ride, where we did a pressed penny to commemorate the ride, and also let him pick out a Soarin Pin for his collection.

We also picked up another fast pass for later in the afternoon.

Coming up next we tour the festival center

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1043
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad parker enjoyed Soarin. Trent loves it as do we all

The pics with Noelle and characters are great. Love that first one where she is handing her book to Mickey...so cute
Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #1044
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Dan.

So happy that Parker enjoyed Soarin'...a great new ride for him.

Love the photopass pictures from The Character Spot (that was all closed off when we were there and they had moved them). Noelle is such a cutie and I love how she just hangs on to mommy enough just in case....

Nice family shots too.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #1045
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Love the family shots with the characters! Very nice

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #1046
firsttimer4
Mouseketeer

I am really enjoying and learning alot from your review. We leave in 3 weeks for our first ever trip to Disney!! And it's a surprise for the kids!!

ME DH DS (7) DD (4)

Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #1047
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Big sigh of relief that Soarin' worked out so well.

Great call on Nemo.

Noelle is getting so comfortable with the characters. Such a sweetie.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #1048
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Love the character interaction shots!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #1049
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Yay for Parker riding Soarin'! The pics of the kids meeting the characters is soooo cute! Love them!

Jill in CO
Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #1050
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Soarin' !!!! YAY !! My favorite !!

I have to tell you how fun it is to see your children growing so much. I read your TR when you stayed at Fort Wilderness with your Mom and Dad and I remember you telling us Candi was pregnant with Noelle. So fun to see the time pass and how precious they are.

As a parent, though, sometimes the time passes far too quickly !!

Thanks for sharing !!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: