Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #931
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - what she said!

I totally enjoyed your photo recap. Great selection of photos. I still can't believe you are wrapping things up. It just doesn't seem right.
i gave her a warning for future posts above and ill let it apply to you as well.

and just because you dont think it is right to end at one week, that is why i will continue on with week number 2 in the next chapter.

there is still 6 days left of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Options for a family of 5? Do you have news for us Dan?

Way to wrap up week 1 and bring on week 2.
nope no news to report, was just wondering what she is going to go with as for our next trip we might have 6 with us, her parents for a few days then mine for a while...so was thinking about renting DVC...know anyone that i can rent from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonev1 View Post
Awesome!
to the report.

glad to have you along and congrats on the anniversary trip coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Love the recap and I am ready for week 2! Hey, we leave for Florida a week from tomorrow! I tested DS with Elmo and Grover and Busch Gardens last weekend and he loved them! So I am hoping that WDW is a breeze.
awesome that your trip is so close. and great news that he did good with the characters there, im sure even if he is a little scared in disney he will do just fine after a few days of warming up to them.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #932
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Awwweee those memorable moments are all so magical!! I absolutely love it! I somehow missed the pictures of noelle kissing the mirror and parker faking his smile, so adorable!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
then i am glad i picked those out so you could see them.

hope to have a few updates done this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Awesome week!! Your family is so cute!

Love your TR!
thank you very much, hope you enjoy the rest of the report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Great week!
thanks jenny...only 5 days away from our failed attempt to meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Great stuff! All in all, I'm not sure you could have asked for a much better week.
despite a few meltdowns and such it was a successful week and the little incidents dont seem to matter when you look at it as a whole.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #933
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

OUSTANDING recap!! It's fun to look back through all the pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
You need to put a warning on this chapter about an excessive amount of cuteness.

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah - what she said!

I totally enjoyed your photo recap. Great selection of photos. I still can't believe you are wrapping things up. It just doesn't seem right.
I have to say, I'm with these two. So much cutness to see in the recap!! Sooo looking foward to seeing the next week!!! By the way....I can't get over how much your baby girl has grown since this vacation!! When Candi (or maybe it was you) posted a pic of her on FB, I about fell out of my chair!! It's so crazy how fast they grow!! Bless her baby heart. Both the kiddos are just beautiful, Dan. There is much for you and Candi to be proud of.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #934
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Well Im only 2 days behind after this post but I still feel like Im not catching up  lol

Day 5:

Great hats on both the kids for the water parks. Wow, it would be nice if they added those awnings over at POP at the bus stops.

It looked like a beautiful day to get out there and splash around.

Nice interlude with the fundraising  childrens cancer research is a wonderful cause. Ive worked hand in hand with a couple of the Childrens Cancer groups while volunteering for Make-A-Wish. It is very helpful in that MaW isnt allowed to do remodel work in room makeovers but the cancer groups can. Between the two groups we can do some pretty amazing room transformations

I like that sampler they had laid out for you  looked like some tasty stuff. The place you stayed looked very warm and comfortable. That is funny about the bathroom fridge!

Loved the pic of the hillside icicles. You two looked bundled up very well. Nice ninja kicks from Candi! The labyrinth-like trail was very cool  must have given you a bit of a chill (beyond the cold) when you heard that grunting animal. Glad you were able to scare whatever it was off, especially if it was a bobcat.

Cool that there was another couple out and about to take a good pic of the two of you and that they listened to your advice on the slick trail.

Back to the water park! That is funny with the bored kid in front of Parker  could he have looked any more disinterested?

Very cute shot of Candi helping Noelle go down the little slide with Parker in the background. Funny one about taking her and locking her up after she was eye'ing the boy in the little pool. As fathers of cute daughters we cant be too careful!

The snorkeling thing isnt something weve experienced yet, have to try that out next time. Great family shots with the ice cream

That whole detective thing you did with the floors in the lobby, same thing I would have done or it would have driven me nuts.

Loved the poncho and hat that Parker had at DTD.

Oh man! That is so horrible when you think youve taken your kids to something theyll love and they freak out instead. And yet we try and soldier on and they end up more miserable. Been there bud, sorry it happened to ya. Live and learn right? Im glad you were able to work it out with him instead of letting it all linger.

So cool that he had recovered enough to go back in to build his dino. He looked so happy when Bronty was being stuffed! And all of those little things they do to make it very personal for the kid  I know itll be a favorite of his for years to come

Loved that quip about what is so scary about the restaurant with the associated leering dino pic

Nice that both of them got something at WoD and funny shot of Noelle sitting on bros head!

Okay, NOW Im only 2 days behind  be back when I can, keep the good times comin!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 04-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #935
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
OUSTANDING recap!! It's fun to look back through all the pics!!

I have to say, I'm with these two. So much cutness to see in the recap!! Sooo looking foward to seeing the next week!!! By the way....I can't get over how much your baby girl has grown since this vacation!! When Candi (or maybe it was you) posted a pic of her on FB, I about fell out of my chair!! It's so crazy how fast they grow!! Bless her baby heart. Both the kiddos are just beautiful, Dan. There is much for you and Candi to be proud of.
i seems like they are growing so fast but slow at the same time...we are just enjoying every minute of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Well Im only 2 days behind after this post but I still feel like Im not catching up  lol

Day 5:

Great hats on both the kids for the water parks. Wow, it would be nice if they added those awnings over at POP at the bus stops.

It looked like a beautiful day to get out there and splash around.

Nice interlude with the fundraising  childrens cancer research is a wonderful cause. Ive worked hand in hand with a couple of the Childrens Cancer groups while volunteering for Make-A-Wish. It is very helpful in that MaW isnt allowed to do remodel work in room makeovers but the cancer groups can. Between the two groups we can do some pretty amazing room transformations
they should add awnings there, seems like it would be a great addition.

thanks i enjoy helping out with the fundraiser every year.

Quote:
I like that sampler they had laid out for you  looked like some tasty stuff. The place you stayed looked very warm and comfortable. That is funny about the bathroom fridge!

Loved the pic of the hillside icicles. You two looked bundled up very well. Nice ninja kicks from Candi! The labyrinth-like trail was very cool  must have given you a bit of a chill (beyond the cold) when you heard that grunting animal. Glad you were able to scare whatever it was off, especially if it was a bobcat.

Cool that there was another couple out and about to take a good pic of the two of you and that they listened to your advice on the slick trail.

Back to the water park! That is funny with the bored kid in front of Parker  could he have looked any more disinterested?

Very cute shot of Candi helping Noelle go down the little slide with Parker in the background. Funny one about taking her and locking her up after she was eye'ing the boy in the little pool. As fathers of cute daughters we cant be too careful!
we always have a great time going to the state parks around the state. even if bobcats are looming down on us.

thats why i have a DADD shirt.

dads against daughters dating.

Quote:
The snorkeling thing isnt something weve experienced yet, have to try that out next time. Great family shots with the ice cream

That whole detective thing you did with the floors in the lobby, same thing I would have done or it would have driven me nuts.
the times we went through the lobby and saw them before i found out what they were i pointed them out to candi with my thoughts on it, and she said she didnt even notice them... while womens minds remember and deal with a ton of stuff it seems men are the ones who rack there brains on the weird unimportant things and think about it till they figure it out.

Quote:
Loved the poncho and hat that Parker had at DTD.

Oh man! That is so horrible when you think youve taken your kids to something theyll love and they freak out instead. And yet we try and soldier on and they end up more miserable. Been there bud, sorry it happened to ya. Live and learn right? Im glad you were able to work it out with him instead of letting it all linger.

So cool that he had recovered enough to go back in to build his dino. He looked so happy when Bronty was being stuffed! And all of those little things they do to make it very personal for the kid  I know itll be a favorite of his for years to come
he still loves that thing and sleeps with it every night.

Quote:
Loved that quip about what is so scary about the restaurant with the associated leering dino pic

Nice that both of them got something at WoD and funny shot of Noelle sitting on bros head!

Okay, NOW Im only 2 days behind  be back when I can, keep the good times comin!
hopefully i get another update in today and you will be even more days behind then.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #936
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 44. Another water park day.

Chapter 44. Another water park day.

Sweet another relaxing day built into the schedule.

We had spent the day before out of the parks, and today as well.

I really wanted to hit up Epcot this day for the 30th anniversary of the opening but decided that it would be slammed with people.

and besides i didnt read anything awesome that i had to attend for the anniversary. I forgot to be a 30th shirt the next day we went into the park but otherwise that was all i didnt get to accomplish.

I had a friend who was going there this day and agreeded to pick up a 30th pin for me so another relaxing day it was.

No alarm was set and we all slept in till 7:30. Noelle was up and chipper so we which caused parker to get into a giggly mood on the way to breakfast as well.

Of course when i told him to wait to eat his chocolate chip muffin he looked a grumpy. I had to get a picture first.

muffin for the boy, french toast for the little lady, make your own yogurt fruit parfait for the missus, and the world of flavors breakfast for me.

since mine was not a typical resort breakfast item offered other places here is a close up.

scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, portuguese sausage and mini naan bread...and noelles bacon she didnt like.

the potatoes and sausage had an awesome flavor that i loved.

and all thrown together in the naan bread was really good.

and also candis parfait, since i cant think of any other place on property that you can do that for breakfast, please correct me if im wrong.

noelles reaction to my taking pictures and waiting for her food.

after we ate we let parker get another of the resort pressed pennys for his new book.

and then browsed the gift shop where he found the fish board, they let you make any shape or design out of the fish from the nemo movie.

on the way back to the room we saw 6 packs for sale for 15 bucks, which works out to much cheaper than the $6 per beer at the bar if you are interested.

or if you want to go even cheaper i have a guy who does disney world beer runs and will deliver to your room by the case...send me a PM if you want the info on that.

back to the room to finished getting ready for the water park and a little wrestling to get ready for the water park playing.

looks like noelle is winning.

on the way to the bus we spotted a very well decaled car...parker wanted our car decorated like that.

this morning was the longest it took to get somewhere, we were at the bus stop at 9:50 and got to the park at 10:30

parker and I stopped in the first shop to get our locker key and then had to go on a find candi and noelle hunt.

found her.

i opted to risk the little point and shoot camera this morning...so i had a plastic zip lock bag with me or the freezer variety so it had extra insulation to take pictures on more things.

first up was parker and i getting on the ski lift or as he calls it the sky ride to the top of the mountain. to take him on summit plummit.

he said it looked like fun when i did it and he wanted to as well.

i hope if anyone has never been to water park they find the pictures informational and possible change there mind.

candi and noelle went to tikes peak to play in the kiddie area.

the ski lift

the path below the lift.

the mountain ahead and the waiting area for the summit plummit.

tabagon racers to the side.

i asked parker if he was excited to ride summit plummit

looks like it to me.
looking out towards the older kids play area.

and the rope course where you hold onto the rope and go across the ice burgs.

proof to show that even adults are allowed on the stuff there parker really liked these orange tube slides.

getting closer to our destination.

if you opt out of the ski lift and want to walk it up that is okay there are steps there on the side of the mountain for that.

nice high 80's mid morning.

just in case you were worried there is an extra safety net up top, but the bars dont come up till you are well clear of that area.

moment of truth will he go down?

next chapter listed below.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 04-09-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #937
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 45. How do you fall asleep sitting up?

Chapter 45. How do you fall asleep sitting up?

so last chapter parker and I where on the top of the mountain ready to get our ride on.

not that sort of ride the water ride kind.

i hope no one seriously thought he was going to go down summit plummit...no way would he do that, and he was to short still for that one...but we did go on his favorite ride there.

a look back to see how much higher the summit plummit hill still is.

and some of the detail on the top.

this is towards the plummit ride.

parker wasnt waiting for the old man to finish taking pictures he was ready to ride.

a view from the top, you can see pretty much the entire property from there, and are vary close to AK so the back side of everest.

you can even see the castle at MK, but it is very small...really shows how wide and spread out stuff is there.

still early enough that we had to wait for someone else with a party of 2 or 3 to fill our tube before we were allowed to go down.

after this picture i put the camera away in the zip lock bag and it stayed perfectly dry on the way down.

parker loved the ride like always and laughed the whole way down.

we even saw a "hidden" mickey at the bottom.

so buddy how did you like the ride? this is also his intro picture from the first chapter.

making it back to the kiddie area we found the other two playing around and having fun in the water. noelle was really interested in the leaves by the grates.

there was also a black snake found in the bushes that a lifeguard caught and took away.

we played in there some more and then went to the bigger kid area and did the iceberg walks and the slides

we were getting hungry so lunch it was.

while we were finishing up eating, i look over at noelle and she starts to close her eyes some. before i take the picture she is out cold.

candi catches her head just in time before she went face forward into the table.

i have to say it is the first time i have ever seen someone fall asleep sitting up like that.

candi picks her up and holds her and she does not budge an inch just keeps on sleeping.

so we figure she must be REALLY REALLY tired and are off to find a spot for them to sit.

we find a shaded spot in the kiddie are for candi to hold noelle...i offer to take her so that she can play with parker but she doesnt want to risk her waking up.

she tells me to go off with parker and play so it is a boys day at the water park.

luckily we had a spot under the enclosure for her as it started to sprinkle while parker and i were playing and they stayed dry.

parker of course wanted to go on the family tube ride again so we were off.

after our playing we went back and checked on candi and noelle was waking up...she had a good nap.

so parker and candi went off to the family tube ride.

noelle and i did a nice stroll around the lazy river she sat in the little kid white tube and layed her head back on me as i floated along next to her and held her in the tube...it was very peaceful and relaxing.

once we did the stuff we wanted it was time to pack up and head back to the hotel. another fun water park day in the books.

and looks like that nap did noelle just right she was all smiles heading out.

that green bucket is what the kid meals come in at the water parks.

we turned in our key and got or deposit back from the locker.

and found a blizzard beach pressed penny machine.
parker picked his favorite ride the family tube slide for his design.

on the way out we noticed that the lines to get in were non existant.

back at the hotel we picked up that 6 pack we noticed earlier and then the kids played with the potato head pieces and relaxed till it was time to leave for dinner.

next time we visit our favorite sit down family meal. Ohana.

pot stickers beware

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #938
marvali
DIS Veteran

Nice updates, and for another water park/rest day! The boys went to Blizzard Beach one day, but I only ever made it to TL.

That breakfast looks good, although that is an interesting way to serve potatoes......???

It looks like Candi had a little parfait with her strawberries and raspberries.

Noelle is already developing that "would you hurry up with the pictures Dad!" look............ She will be an old pro by the time Prom rolls around.

So did you decorate your car like that for Parker???

So glad Parker didn't do Summit Plummet........not sure I would even do that one!!! Love to see what Teamboat Springs looks like though. I bet that one is a lot of fun, so I can see why Parker loved it! He still needs to learn to open up some and not hide his excitement though...........

So is Noelle's hair always that blonde, or did it lighten up being out in the sun so much??? It looks almost white in that picture of Candi holding her after she fell asleep at the table.

So was this 6-pack Bud Light Lime??? Case delivery, huh???

I can't wait to hear about the O'hana dinner. That is one I still haven't made it to yet, and it is high on my list of wanna-do's!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #939
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I really wanted to hit up Epcot this day for the 30th anniversary of the opening but decided that it would be slammed with people.
That's a tough call. It would be cool to be there, but...

Quote:
on the way to the bus we spotted a very well decaled car...parker wanted our car decorated like that.
So get to it, Dad!

Quote:
first up was parker and i getting on the ski lift or as he calls it the sky ride to the top of the mountain. to take him on summit plummit.
He must have grown 2 feet overnight.

Quote:
i asked parker if he was excited to ride summit plummit
And then go to T-Rex afterwards.

Quote:
i hope no one seriously thought he was going to go down summit plummit...no way would he do that, and he was to short still for that one...but we did go on his favorite ride there.
I knew he was a smart kid.

Quote:
candi catches her head just in time before she went face forward into the table.

i have to say it is the first time i have ever seen someone fall asleep sitting up like that.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #940
katt789
DIS Veteran

You guys certainly got your fair share of relaxing and waterpark days!

I have to say, I was impressed with aoa's foodcourt choices, there were so many options that you couldn't really find anywhere else, different "flair" in the regular options, yum!

Looks like another great day at the water park. I have to say, you've intrigued me, even if I never end up there, they at least look entertaining now bahah! I'm just not big on water slides and stuff

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 04-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #941
jenny105
DIS Veteran

No way did I think Parker was going on Summit Plummet! He was scared of T-Rex Cafe so I don't think he's quite up to SP levels of terror yet. Or the height requirement.

Teamboat Springs is fun! I love the family raft rides.

Gotta love the Disney water parks!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #942
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Looked like a fun day at BB.

I did think he was going to down Summit Plummit.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #943
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Quote:

correct me if im wrong but is this your first post? if not then sorry its hard to keep everything straight, but if it is then an official

my parents got her that at walmart last summer.

up next another water park day and big ohana dinner.

Not sure if I've ever posted on one of your TR's before or not but I have read them all!!! I'm a loyal follower just not great at posting.

Yum....Ohana bread pudding and pot stickers...
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY

Last edited by orangecats2; 04-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #944
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update !!Loved the decal Car!!! Did ya oblige Parker !!How sweet that Noelle fell asleep like that!!!Looks like a fun day!!!I am off to Universal in the morning with the family for 3 nights !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #945
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I thought that Parker was a little short for Summit Plummet, but then I thought "what do I know", and you had me going for a minute. I would have been impressed if he had the nerve to do that!

Mmmm, potstickers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: