Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #901
marvali
DIS Veteran

The one time I was at Whispering Canyon we had the skillet, so I'm not sure I even remember what else was on the menu.

Looks like Parker had a whole lot of fun, and of course I got the boys to ask for the ketchup! Another one of those fun activities at a Disney restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
shortly after the ketchup run the waitress brought out the next meat which was the beef strip loan, and we loved it, it was cooked perfect very tender and moist and flavorful...i wish i had room for more...and i did we had her bring another round of that and the sausage around for us.
Wow, I knew that prices at Disney restaurants were getting rather high, but when you have to take out a loan to get some beef strip...............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 03-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #902
marvali
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter to Dan, Candi, Parker and Noelle!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #903
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
The one time I was at Whispering Canyon we had the skillet, so I'm not sure I even remember what else was on the menu.

Looks like Parker had a whole lot of fun, and of course I got the boys to ask for the ketchup! Another one of those fun activities at a Disney restaurant.

Wow, I knew that prices at Disney restaurants were getting rather high, but when you have to take out a loan to get some beef strip...............
Marv, Marv, nothing gets by you Now with anyone else it would be a typo but this is Dan
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #904
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Dan. Although we are not fans of WCC -- we had a really bad meal and even worse service, it looks like you all enjoyed it and that Parker had a ball.

I love the photo of Noelle taking a walk with Candi on your way into dinner.

And the two pictures of Parker and Noelle...hugging and biting...are precious.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #905
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Haha that picture of Noelle and Park hugging is adorable/funny!! I literally laughed out loud.

Nice Rex vinylmation! I need to start trading. I will be there in 11 days but i hear theres not many boxes left.

How sweet of Parker to give that boy a glow stick! Soo polite!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #906
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Looks like you had a nice fun evening at restaurant

I can't believe they took all entrees off the menu. Won't be eating there anytime soon. Not fan of the skillet, no offense

Looks like Parker enjoyed getting all those ketchups

Love the expression on Noelles Face when she is in the stroller getting on the boat
i have always liked there skillet items and menu items so it didnt really matter to much to us they changed. the new skillet does have some different items from before...the chicken and ribs are different but the other three have changed what they used to be.

parker had a blast with the ketchup he still talks about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
That hippo video made me cry. Too funny. Had to share it on FB.
Fun times with Mickey & Minnie.
I do not think I have done an open to close of any park.
Great pics around the pool.
I love relaxing days.
Everyone looks happy with the cozy cone.
Nice on the hair and raising money
I love reading all the signs at POP and AofA.
Seems like a nice dinner. We canceled there once they changed the menu.
Nice that you were able to stay on the bus.
All caught up.
it is a funny hippo video isnt it.

really we do opens to close all the time, but that was a first for AK.
have you ever had the skillet there? the chicken and ribs were the same but the other three main items were different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
WCC seems like a total blast! And a TON of amazingly delicious food! I was gonna book it for our next trip, but we've got the Hoop De Doo booked and it's so close to the same style that I figured I'll do it another time.

The ketchup thing is hilarious, and Noelle is adorable!!

Lucky that you guys didn't need to get off the bus, and how nice of Parker to give away some of the glow sticks!
i would like to do hoop some time but i wish they would add another main item to the menu, allthough maybe the show would make up for the food? what do you think.

it was a very nice suprise to not get off the bus that night in the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I've never eaten at WCC. I have to try it sometime. I love WL. It's my favorite resort (so far!). I'd love to stay there again. Did you rub Humphrey the Bear's nose for good luck and pixie dust??
i think you would like it, im not a huge fan of the sides they offer but the main meats make up for it.

i never knew about that, i have heard about people wishing in that little water area for stuff but never the bear?

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #907
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
What a nice day off. It was topped off with a lovely dinner! I will have to check out that restaurant one day. Hopefully if we stay at the Wilderness.
you should check it out, we try and eat there each trip, so even if you dont stay there, it is worth the trip there, the boat ride over from the MK is fun, and we always enjoy the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Fun Update, Dan! I lved the perplexed looks on the kids' faces wondering what to do with all that ketchup!

Interesting about the menu. Can you order the skillet for one and share? - that is alot of food. I also noticed that Noelle had a Mickey plate - do they give the "free" child a Mickey plate to use at most places so they don't feel left out? I'm trying to figure out what to do for DGS, 2 this trip.
it is funny to see there reaction i think they thought ONE bottle would show up not the whole restaurants worth.
no you have to pay for each person on it...there was alot of food on ours because me, candi, and parker each ordered it...looking at other tables the sizes of the portions are equal to the amount of people who order it.

for the "free" child those under 3, if you go to a buffet, or a family style meal...there is no charge for them they get whatever you ask for.

so they just brought us another kids plate for her. so that way the buffets and family steal meals are really nice cause no charge for her. however at counter service or other menu order meals, if you want to feed them, you have to order something...at those places candi or i would just order something that we knew she would eat and share with her, since the portions are large enough for that anyway.

the next night we had an ohana dinner, and noelle got a kids chicken nugget meal for free, but then had some bites of our adult meals as well.

also dont forget about what i mentioned we did for her for lunch...we just bought two slices of bread for .74 cents at the resorts, and they give you free jelly at the condiment station and she had a jelly sandwich, they also had peanut butter if you wish to make it a PBJ, for under a $1.

other times as part of the kids meals we got for parker, there were 2 sides that came with it, so noelle would eat one of the sides that he didnt want, and then part of our meals...so there was always plenty and you just have to think will the adults eat...or need all the food that comes on theres? at least that is the way we did ours. hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What wonderful pictures. Love the candid shots and the family shot. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening and I think you have even encouraged me to give WCC another try. I didn't love it the last time I was there, but its probably because I didn't have the skillet. those desserts look amazing.

How fortunate that you got a direct shot home to AoA! That's some pixie dust!
on the old skillet i liked the brisket the best and sad it was taken off, but the options on this one we enjoyed...so i would give it another shot if i were you, we enjoyed it...the jalapeno cheese cake was awesome i loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Wow what a great update !!! We always get the all you can eat platter anyway so that would not stop me going !! Loved the Catsup pix !!!

and

Happy Easter to you all !!
then i think you will like the changes rosie, are you eating there your next trip?

and happy easter to you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Happy Easter Dan !!!!! I hope everyone has a great day!

I like Noelle's " I don't know" picture. She was clearly confusued over all the ketchup hoopla.
happy easter pat.

she didnt know what was going on but next trip im sure she will love participating in the hoopla.

and parker will love showing her the ropes.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #908
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:

they had a really good western pasta dish that we enjoyed, but we usually get the skillet as well. did your boys participate in the horse riding as well.

it was grade A beef very pricey to get that brought to the table.

Quote:
Happy Easter to Dan, Candi, Parker and Noelle!!!
happy easter as well marv.

Quote:
Marv, Marv, nothing gets by you Now with anyone else it would be a typo but this is Dan
prices have gone up rosie not everyone gets a free trip like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great updates, Dan. Although we are not fans of WCC -- we had a really bad meal and even worse service, it looks like you all enjoyed it and that Parker had a ball.

I love the photo of Noelle taking a walk with Candi on your way into dinner.

And the two pictures of Parker and Noelle...hugging and biting...are precious.
sorry to hear you had a bad experience there...hope you decide to go back some time, maybe with grand babies for the antics.

the unposed pictures are my favorite it really catches the moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Haha that picture of Noelle and Park hugging is adorable/funny!! I literally laughed out loud.

Nice Rex vinylmation! I need to start trading. I will be there in 11 days but i hear theres not many boxes left.

How sweet of Parker to give that boy a glow stick! Soo polite!
i bought a few before our trip for trading purposes, the disney store is a good place to stock up on in the clearance section you can get them for as cheap as 3.99 sometimes.

where are you staying on your next trip?

parker really liked sharing them on the buses at night, he made a lot of friends doing that.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #909
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Oh Yes Dan my free trips !! I think this is my 4th year of doing themWhile I started doing them as a means to get a free Disney trip , I have ended up getting to see lots of different areas !! I did 2 Whale Watches last year , something I had wanted to do for many years.This year I will revisit Vermount and make a first to VEGAS!!!!! Of course there is also the Disney Cruise next month and Disney as always in October !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #910
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

I love the WL! And WCC! Perfect place to bring the kids. It's always great when you can see the place through the eyes of someone who doesn't know all the jokes and shenanigans.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #911
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Hi, Dan! I haven't been on the DIS much lately (actually gave up most of the websites I tend to spend time on for Lent, too) but I found your TR when I let myself get back on here and finally made it through all your posts! It turns out you were there just before we went last year. Looks like you guys had a ball. Parker is growing like a weed, and Noelle is such a cutie! I'm trying to remember back about all the things I wanted to comment on...
- Glad to see someone else who's a fan of Chef Mickey's! It's a must-do for us each visit, but a lot of people don't enjoy it.
- AoA looks amazing! How great that you guys got to stay there. Makes me want to try for it in the future, but we'd have to stay in the family suites and they're not in the budget. DH really wanted to get over there during our trip just to look around, but we weren't able to.
- Love all the character interaction! It's a different when you have little ones. You don't get to hit all the rides you might have otherwise, but it's so much fun seeing their faces as they meet everyone.
- Don't feel too bad about getting frustrated when Parker got scared. We actually went through it with all of the kids at some point - when the older two were each four, and then when Will was 2. He did ok this time (we were expecting not so great things this trip since 4 seemed to be the panicky age), but still doesn't really like anything dark. And heaven knows I've had my share of getting frustrated when things don't go the way I had them in my head. I think it's harder with Disney because so much planning goes into it. Sounds like you guys recovered well!

Loving the report, and can't wait for more! BTW - the Indy DIS meet has been moved to the weekend after Labor Day this year. Didn't know if you'd be interested. I know it's a bit of a hike for you to get down here. Hope you had a good Easter!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #912
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Oh Yes Dan my free trips !! I think this is my 4th year of doing themWhile I started doing them as a means to get a free Disney trip , I have ended up getting to see lots of different areas !! I did 2 Whale Watches last year , something I had wanted to do for many years.This year I will revisit Vermount and make a first to VEGAS!!!!! Of course there is also the Disney Cruise next month and Disney as always in October !!!
i think what you do is awesome rosie...cant wait to see how you like the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I love the WL! And WCC! Perfect place to bring the kids. It's always great when you can see the place through the eyes of someone who doesn't know all the jokes and shenanigans.
it really is, it is alot better when people eating there are getting into the fun. nice thing is parker will remember it next trip but it should be new for noelle, i dont think she will remember that much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Hi, Dan! I haven't been on the DIS much lately (actually gave up most of the websites I tend to spend time on for Lent, too) but I found your TR when I let myself get back on here and finally made it through all your posts! It turns out you were there just before we went last year. Looks like you guys had a ball. Parker is growing like a weed, and Noelle is such a cutie! I'm trying to remember back about all the things I wanted to comment on...
back,

glad to see another Indianaian around these parts.

we had a blast on the trip.

Quote:
- Glad to see someone else who's a fan of Chef Mickey's! It's a must-do for us each visit, but a lot of people don't enjoy it.
we have always loved it, the food is not always the best in the world, but you are paying for the experience and the characters there which we love.

Quote:
- AoA looks amazing! How great that you guys got to stay there. Makes me want to try for it in the future, but we'd have to stay in the family suites and they're not in the budget. DH really wanted to get over there during our trip just to look around, but we weren't able to.
were do you guys stay now?

Quote:
- Love all the character interaction! It's a different when you have little ones. You don't get to hit all the rides you might have otherwise, but it's so much fun seeing their faces as they meet everyone.
very true, you dont hit all the rides like you would but you see a much different side and through there eyes.

Quote:
- Don't feel too bad about getting frustrated when Parker got scared. We actually went through it with all of the kids at some point - when the older two were each four, and then when Will was 2. He did ok this time (we were expecting not so great things this trip since 4 seemed to be the panicky age), but still doesn't really like anything dark. And heaven knows I've had my share of getting frustrated when things don't go the way I had them in my head. I think it's harder with Disney because so much planning goes into it. Sounds like you guys recovered well!
it is a age where you have the extreme excitement then the extreme scared stages. you are right you spend so much time planning that you want it to go a certain way in your head. but everything worked out for the good in the end.

Quote:
Loving the report, and can't wait for more! BTW - the Indy DIS meet has been moved to the weekend after Labor Day this year. Didn't know if you'd be interested. I know it's a bit of a hike for you to get down here. Hope you had a good Easter!
i will see what i have going on thanks for the heads up.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #913
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POR this past trip - they'll do five in a room, but we ended up having family with us and we stashed a kid with them. I'm not sure where we'll stay the next time we go. I'm thinking about renting DVC points, but I haven't done enough research yet.

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #914
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
We stayed at POR this past trip - they'll do five in a room, but we ended up having family with us and we stashed a kid with them. I'm not sure where we'll stay the next time we go. I'm thinking about renting DVC points, but I haven't done enough research yet.
i was thinking about that option as well for a future trip, but havent looked into that much either...if you go with it let me know how it turns out.

Blessed by the Best
Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #915
FauntleroyFAN07

lets wrap this puppy around to the next page.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: