Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #886
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

I'm caught up! Sorry that I got so far behind.

Wow, that Radiator Springs pool area looks really impressive. I'm sure those cozy cones are in high-demand....they look great.

I love Noelle's picture of her stuck in the stroller.

Looked like a nice "off" day!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #887
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What fun signs...I love them.

I am over Noelle in the basket of the stroller. And she looks so pleased with herself.
once she finds something that she thinks is funny she will continue to do it over and over again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislover8943 View Post
We are going again september 21-30. Staying at CBR. I love that you guys being your small kids. I hate it when people tell us we are wasting our money because our kids are too small and won't remember anything. I tell people oh really go ahead and ask them about last year. they will have a lot to tell. The baby loves being there in the moment and that's enough for me.
very true...parker still tells me stories from when he went at 2 and a half years old...and remembers everything from this last trip we took...sure it does cost extra money to take them, but like you said the memories that even we as parents have taking them is worth it right there.

congrats on the next trip..we loved staying at CBR when we went there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am marking my spot so I know where I left off !!!
this spot marking isnt anything like what a dog does to mark its spot. if so you might need a new keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm caught up! Sorry that I got so far behind.

Wow, that Radiator Springs pool area looks really impressive. I'm sure those cozy cones are in high-demand....they look great.

I love Noelle's picture of her stuck in the stroller.

Looked like a nice "off" day!
no problem...

that pool never seemed really that crowded i think because the pool was not that huge, and it is so close to the big blue one...every time we went past it there seemed to be at least one cozy cone open, which was nice.

it was a perfect relax afternoon day.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #888
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like a nice walk back. I liked Noelle's confusion over the characters in the window.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #889
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like a nice walk back. I liked Noelle's confusion over the characters in the window.
im sure she was wondering how in the world did they get in there, i left them by my bed.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #890
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 42. Wilderness Lodge Dinner Menu change part 1

Chapter 42. Wilderness Lodge Dinner Menu Change

Once we were all rested up for the evening we headed out toward the main building.

We decided that parker could start a pressed penny collection, even though he was already doing Pins and Vinylmations the pressed penny collection is a cheap memory book to remember different things from the trip..and he had been eyeing the machines all week so we bought a book to store them in and he started out with a penny of the resort that we were staying at.

first i showed him how the machine worked.

then we put our money in to make the penny.

after our first penny was pressed we headed outside to the bus stop and decided to take the long route and fun route to dinner.

a bus to epcot it was, we then hopped on the monorail to the TTC.

from there we ended up going not on a another monorail but another fun transportation

the ferry boat.

the kids waiting for the boat to dock.

our vessel of travel that evening.

Noelle and I opted to stay on the lower deck since it was easier with her stroller.

we had a good view on the bench in the front of the boat of the MK as we went across the lagoon.

The "big kids" went upstairs to hang out while we floated across the water.

When we got off the boat parker asked the CM if he had any trading cards, he did not but he said to check out the information desk up ahead they should have some on them.

so he did and the lady gave him one.

as we were walking a little farther up we spotted the Pin boards out there were 7 in total with the mickey life ring in the middle...we didnt see any that caught our fancy so we ventured on to the next mode of transporation.

we were boarding the resort launch boats to the WL resort for dinner.

one of my favorite things about the WL resort is the walkways to the boat launch, i dont know why but i just really enjoy them.

we checked out the gyser but it was not at an erupting time so we took a picture and ventured on.

see not just me the other family members enjoy the walkways there as well.

someone really enjoyed the freedom of finally being able to walk around on her own some in the world...being a little early for our reservation had its privileges for the little one.

since we have found this hidden mickey our last trip we knew right where it was and had to get a picture of it...it is on the top side of the giant fireplace in the lobby.

A few days earlier in our trip, dawn had texted me to let me know that whispering canyon changed there menu and took off all the entrees besides the all you can eat skillets...she wanted us to know in case we needed to change our reservations for there.

I told her we were good as i was going to get that anyway and candi was torn on getting that our a meal, now her decision was made up for her.

So here is the new menu with the changes.

they still have some starters that are available but the main entrees are one choose the MIGHTY Skillet.

here are those options a little closer.

you can pick three different meats, you get all the sides, and all of the deserts...when i told the waiter i was torn between 4 of the meats, he said they just let you pick 3 for the first tray but then as soon as you get it you can get a side of any of the other 2 on the menu or ask for more of ones you already had.

continued in part 2.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #891
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 42. Wilderness Lodge Dinner Menu change part 2

Chapter 42. Wilderness Lodge Dinner Menu Change part 2

continued from last post.

while we waited for our drink orders to come in the kids played with some of the vinylmations that we had collected at the different trading locations so far today. or had with us to try and trade later.

Rex from toy story was a keeper for parker.

we started out with the corn bread which noelle loved and had three pieces of.

here is an overhead view of our food, i tried to take it as best as i could without looking too weird. hope it gives a sense of the meal.

one of hte reasons besides the food we chose this place was we always enjoy the antics around the dinning room for dinner and knew parker would really get into it.

first up was the hokie pokie. (sp)

of course after the dance, he started to dig into his chicken but realized he needed ketchup...he didnt know the deal with ketchup for this reastaurant yet, but our waitress filled him in...she said he had to shoot it...and boy did he ever, he turned red when he yelled for it...and she said i know they heard that but make sure you keep your hand up for it so they know where to bring it.

noelle wasnt sure what was going on when it was all delivered.

and once the last bottle was put down parker wasnt sure why there were so many, i think he just thought it might be one bottle.

shortly after the ketchup run the waitress brought out the next meat which was the beef strip loan, and we loved it, it was cooked perfect very tender and moist and flavorful...i wish i had room for more...and i did we had her bring another round of that and the sausage around for us.

when the next table needed ketchup there were at least 15 bottles on our table and too tall of an order for me and parker to carry on our own, so i enlisted the help of the little kids at the table next to us...there parents nicely let them go and they helped carry it all over for us.

only at disney can a stranger at the table next to you ask for your kids to help carry ketchup bottles to another side of the restaurant and the parents not even bat an eye and let them go.

toward the end of the meal i asked noelle where the ketchup all went too...and she told me. and since i dont think many people like to see adult half eaten plates of food, ill go ahead and blacken out candis plate.

she didnt know.

with full bellys it was time to work a little of that off, so horse races it was.

when he got back to the table the kids played around alittle bit with each other till dessert showed up.

and a little proof that she bites her brother even when they are getting along.

Dessert Time...we tried them all the cobbler or buckle as they call it, being candis favorite...the cake was okay, but i really enjoyed the jalapeno lime cheesecake, it sounds gross or like it would be really hot, but it was actually really good, had just a hint of heat, but the flavors worked really good together.

candi isnt a huge cheesecake fan so she said it was just okay.

when we were done with dinner, someone had to use the bathroom so noelle and i ventured around the gift shop and traded some vinylmations she atually pointed to a number that was daisy on the first try and got this daisy shown.

when we looked at the pins, that the CM had on her lanyard, noelle pointed to a tink one so i got her trading pins out and gave her noelle one of her pins to trade away she took the tink pin then when i told her to give her pin to the lady she shook her head NO and held it tight to her chest...the CM said how could she take a pin from someone so cute and told her to keep her original pin. i tried that same move later in the trip and it didnt work for me.

the rest of the group met back up with us and we took a few pictures that we try and get each year around that resort.

and a nice gentlmen took this family picture for us.

we then walked down toward the boat dock to catch a boat to the fort wilderness campground to see the campfire sing along and the meet chip and dale...but when we got down there we looked at the sky back towards the MK and noticed that it was getting dark...very dark, even for sunset, so we made a quick choice to head back inside and catch a bus to a park to get home.

as soon as we hit the doors for the resort it started to pour so we made a good choice in our decision.

first bus that came was epcot and was pretty close to our final destination so we hopped on.

the driver asked us a few things about our trip and so forth since we were the only ones on the bus.

somehow it came up that he wondered if we were going into epcot that late at night, and we told him we were trying to get back to AoA so if he wanted to just drop us off there after he went to Epcot that would be great.

he said he couldnt do that but he wished he could so we didnt have to wait in the rain for that bus.

we made a stop at Fort wilderness front entrance to pick up people there.

and then were on our way to epcot.

as we were pulling into epcot the driver said its your lucky day, my next route destination is AoA you dont have to get off.

i asked him if he asked for that route next and he said no that when you get to a certain point entering a park it gives you your next location based on need...etc...

his just happened to be the one we needed...

the whole time we were on the bus the kids were playing with there glow sticks we brought.

not many people got on the bus at Epcot for our resort but there was a family close to us, there little boy had a few medial issues, and didnt seem like he was to happy on the bus that night.

parker asked me if he could give him a glow stick...i said sure buddy. so he gave him one, that really helped calm him down. and the parents were very happy with that.

here is noelle and candi with the glow sticks make there own rave party on the bus.

those glow sticks are awesome for the bus rides home at night, we tried to remember them every night for the trips and after long park days parents loved them and so did kids, kept everyone happy and content. this night was no exception our kids loved them and that family was very happy with them.

when we got back to the room, i did the dash for drinks and the kids were ready for bed when i got back.

with everyone ready for bed me and the misses watched a little sunday night football while we fell asleep ready for another "off" day...

well not really an off day but we had a water park day scheduled for the next day so 2 days in a row without stepping into a theme park.

hope everyone has a great Easter.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 03-28-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #892
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Looks like you had a nice fun evening at restaurant

I can't believe they took all entrees off the menu. Won't be eating there anytime soon. Not fan of the skillet, no offense

Looks like Parker enjoyed getting all those ketchups

Love the expression on Noelles Face when she is in the stroller getting on the boat
Old 03-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #893
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

That hippo video made me cry. Too funny. Had to share it on FB.
Fun times with Mickey & Minnie.
I do not think I have done an open to close of any park.
Great pics around the pool.
I love relaxing days.
Everyone looks happy with the cozy cone.
Nice on the hair and raising money
I love reading all the signs at POP and AofA.
Seems like a nice dinner. We canceled there once they changed the menu.
Nice that you were able to stay on the bus.
All caught up.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #894
katt789
DIS Veteran

WCC seems like a total blast! And a TON of amazingly delicious food! I was gonna book it for our next trip, but we've got the Hoop De Doo booked and it's so close to the same style that I figured I'll do it another time.

The ketchup thing is hilarious, and Noelle is adorable!!

Lucky that you guys didn't need to get off the bus, and how nice of Parker to give away some of the glow sticks!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #895
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've never eaten at WCC. I have to try it sometime. I love WL. It's my favorite resort (so far!). I'd love to stay there again. Did you rub Humphrey the Bear's nose for good luck and pixie dust??
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #896
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

What a nice day off. It was topped off with a lovely dinner! I will have to check out that restaurant one day. Hopefully if we stay at the Wilderness.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #897
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Fun Update, Dan! I lved the perplexed looks on the kids' faces wondering what to do with all that ketchup!

Interesting about the menu. Can you order the skillet for one and share? - that is alot of food. I also noticed that Noelle had a Mickey plate - do they give the "free" child a Mickey plate to use at most places so they don't feel left out? I'm trying to figure out what to do for DGS, 2 this trip.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #898
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
when he got back to the table the kids played around alittle bit with each other till dessert showed up.

and a little proof that she bites her brother even when they are getting along.

and a nice gentlmen took this family picture for us.

What wonderful pictures. Love the candid shots and the family shot. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening and I think you have even encouraged me to give WCC another try. I didn't love it the last time I was there, but its probably because I didn't have the skillet. those desserts look amazing.

How fortunate that you got a direct shot home to AoA! That's some pixie dust!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #899
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great update !!! We always get the all you can eat platter anyway so that would not stop me going !! Loved the Catsup pix !!!

and

Happy Easter to you all !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #900
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Dan !!!!! I hope everyone has a great day!

I like Noelle's " I don't know" picture. She was clearly confusued over all the ketchup hoopla.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: