Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #811
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Noelle demonstrated for me the art of tipping it back

I'm pretty sure you already know how to do that. Bud Lite Lime anyone?

The Duffy bedtime stories sound like a great idea for the young'ns.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #812
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

I like Pooling....

A wonderful night after a wonderful day. Love the night time pool shots.

The kids look like they are in great moods even for the late hour. You have been going all day.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #813
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I'm pretty sure you already know how to do that. Bud Lite Lime anyone?

The Duffy bedtime stories sound like a great idea for the young'ns.
hey it is a good summer time beer bud...

i really enjoyed watching the story as well, helps you wind down and fall asleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I like Pooling....

A wonderful night after a wonderful day. Love the night time pool shots.

The kids look like they are in great moods even for the late hour. You have been going all day.
i knew you would enjoy that reference.

they never seemed to get cranky at night would just be troopers and fall asleep really quick when they hit the pillow.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #814
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 39. A complete off day. part 1

Chapter 39. A complete off day.

When we take the longer trips we like to have off days in between park days. We try as best as possible to do a park then have a water park day.

Well we figured that we would go for a day this trip that we did no park and no water park.

That was this day. it was sunday so why risk either park or water park being to crowded and not enjoy yourself as much. instead do nothing but relax and have fun which is what we did, it was also the half way point of the trip, Full day number 6.

We thought we could sleep in but at 5:30 Noelle had other plans for us...so candi went and got her really quick so as not to wake up parker.

She held her in our bed and she fell back asleep until 7:00 when we were all up and ready to go.

We put on our bathing suits lotioned up and hit the breakfast station.

I had the Chicken Burger breakfast sandwhich again which really hit the spot. candi had French toast, Parker had the chocolate chip pancakes and Noelle had some of everyones again.

After we were done with breakfast we were on the way to the pool at the ripe hour of 9:00am.

Our pool destination was radiator Springs.

this was our first time back here since we checked in and we grabbed a few of the characters in day time.

It was a nice feeling seeing all the families heading out towards the parks or leaving and knowing that we had no agenda for the day except our dinner plans and were just going to take it easy for the next 7 hours.

We were checking in at the cozy cone motel or the pool if you will.

the details leading up to the main pool entrance were very well done.

through the entrance the door to the pool. and as of that time the entrance here was not coded to swipe your room key to get into that area.

i really enjoyed the spark plug tops of the posts.

a cleverly themed door

parker and candi were really hoping that we could get a cozy cone as our sitting area.

and at that time of day, we had no problem securing one...there was about 3 open ones then. but later in the day i could see how they would all be taken.

looks like we have a few happy campers with our location.

and to keep an eye on our stuff we had sarge looking out for us.

So i go with parker to get his life jacket on and as i start to walk over to the pool he goes to the edge, stands for half a second then jumps in and starts swimming back to the side.

he has never done that before so i ask him if he is okay seeing that he is calm and swimming like a champ...he says yep im good.

so i help him out and he says he wants to do it again all by himself.

okay let err rip buddy.

he does this over and over again while i snap a few pictures

Side note: when i was about his age, i did the same thing for the first time at the pool at the fort wilderness campground...my mom jumped in after me but i was good and swam the width of the pool all myself...

i was so proud of parker and awesome that we both have the first disney swim by ourselves thing together.

Momma and Noelle opted for the girly entrance and took the stairs.

continued in next chapter.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #815
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 39. A complete off day. part 2

Chapter 39. A complete off day. Part 2

We swam around the cozy cone pool for about an hour. Candi was so proud of parker for swimming all by himself.

there was swimming, floating, talking, laughing, playing, and of course just "pooling"

Noelle even wanted to sit on the edge and get a little sun, what a little flirt...

After being there the kids wanted to take some time to go to the Big Pool and check out things there.

the walkway leading out of radiator springs lights.

and i dont think i showed the pathway/roadway yet so here it is.

we set up shop just between the play area for kids and the big pool zero entry area.

the ground is perfect nice and squishy for the little ones to not get hurt.

Noelle loved this water feature she would constantly walk in front of the water being spit out of hte mouth and get wet and just laugh and laugh.

Parker had an absolute blast playing in here, they didnt even want to swim in the pool for the first 30-40 minutes.

Walking around like she owns the place.

Just on the other side of the gate to get into the main pool is a "playground" of sorts...I never saw a ton of kids using it, it is awesome in the theme department but everyone i saw the kids would go down the slides one or two times then leave and go do something else...parker included he did a few slides then was done with it.

Coming up next in our relaxing day, Noelle and I go exploring Pop while candi and Parker play.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #816
katt789
DIS Veteran

Good on ya for being able to take an off day! I canít even do that on a two week trip, heck I had a problem taking a midday break, lawl! Iíve never seen Cars so we never really looked into the cars section with too much detail, but it looks absolutely awesome! So glad that Parker was having a blast jumping and swimming!

Love the nemo swimming area, glad Noelle loved the little squid so much, I love that they have the little ink splatter with it too, so cute!!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #817
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Dan, what a perfect morning and what fun. I love the little spot you found at the first pool...that is just too cute.

Way to go Parker in jumping in and swimming by yourself. You are your daddy's boy.

And watch out Daddy...that daughter of yours is going to start having boys coming after her very, very young.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #818
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

What a nice relaxing morning for sure.

Love the Cones you could sit in. So neat

The theming there is awesome!!

Looks like a lot of fun at Nemo play water area too.

WTG Parker for being so brave and just jumping in
Old 03-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #819
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Good for Parker for literally jumping right in! Noelle is so cute in her little bikini.

Jill in CO
Old 03-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #820
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Gotta love days off from the parks! So relaxing.

jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #821
MEK
DIS Veteran

That is a really cool sitting area you found by the pool. I heard that particular quiet pool is really nice. I love pool time! It's seriously one of my fav past times while Im at Disney world!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #822
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Hey Dan! Iím back and hitting Day 4, still sooo far behind but still catching up bit by bit!

Nice shot of the trolley. And I agree about that eyesore of a crane, Iím glad the construction should be all done by the time we make it back.

Great PP pics of Parker and of the fam in front of the castle.

Thanks for the Dumbo shots Ė we walked by it but didnít ride it/check out the new queue. It looked like a lot of fun on the coaster too.

Good eye on the details in the sidewalk with the bear paw prints. We were there at night and completely missed that.

LOL, I had to read the real life sound bite ending with ďI love you mommy ..oops, I just fartedĒ to the whole fam. We all got a big laugh out of it. Love those little moments before the kids get older and stop being so candid.

Nice that Noelle noticed all of those details on IaSW and good one with Candi with ďwhich one will chase us down first?Ē in reference to The Kingdom Keepers.

Iím glad you were able to get such a great family shot with Donald in his frontier outfit Ė score!

I know what you mean about the long wait for characters in reference to Tink. I waited for about an hour securing spots for the girls so they could see Merida from Brave. Great shot of Tink seeing Noelle!

So cool that they had an interaction with Tinkís sister and how Parker was so enamored with her.

Yay for the Peter Pan FP trainee letting you through!

Wonderful play by play getting Parker through his first ride on Splash, Iím glad you were able to coax him though it and that he was happy at the end.

Glad the hammering didnít wake Noelle.

That was quite the serious pic of you on Buzz, got that thousand yard stare going! Of course Candiís expression was pretty intense too Ė you sure you beat her?

Awww, what a cute pic of Noelle waiving at Aurora. Sorry there was no photo op for you with the princess, us dads just donít get those opportunities very often.

Cool that you all tried the card game, Bean had a really good time playing it.

Nice shot of Jessie and Woody from the train!

Glad you found good shady parade spots and BIG SCORE for Parker getting the hi-five from Captain Hook! Anastasia was cool too.

Speaking of big score, incredible numbers the second time through on Buzz!

Nice re-run on CoP, havenít been on that one in a long time. Good job with the no flash shots of it, getting those are my favorite too.

Glad you PMS skills worked well to get the light up toys to your wee ones. And more great no flash shots during the parade and fireworks. I think you got a pretty good spot for both.

Nice end of the day and yay for comfy seats for the ride back to the resort. Very cute that the mousekeeper set the stuffies so perfectly for your kids.
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #823
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Looks like a very relaxing morning. Good job scoring the Cozy Cone, and nice job Parker swimming by yourself!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #824
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Good on ya for being able to take an off day! I canít even do that on a two week trip, heck I had a problem taking a midday break, lawl! Iíve never seen Cars so we never really looked into the cars section with too much detail, but it looks absolutely awesome! So glad that Parker was having a blast jumping and swimming!

Love the nemo swimming area, glad Noelle loved the little squid so much, I love that they have the little ink splatter with it too, so cute!!
you should try it sometime, it is a ton of fun not having to go to any park/waterpark and just do whatever and enjoy your hotel for a day.

we dont take breaks from the parks when we go in them, so water park days thrown in and an off day every now and then are great.

the theming was top notch thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Dan, what a perfect morning and what fun. I love the little spot you found at the first pool...that is just too cute.

Way to go Parker in jumping in and swimming by yourself. You are your daddy's boy.

And watch out Daddy...that daughter of yours is going to start having boys coming after her very, very young.
i do find him doing more and more stuff that i did as a kid, just hope he doesnt do everything i did.

she certainly is, that little girl is going to have daddy going everywhere with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
What a nice relaxing morning for sure.

Love the Cones you could sit in. So neat

The theming there is awesome!!

Looks like a lot of fun at Nemo play water area too.

WTG Parker for being so brave and just jumping in
i was surprised they did not even get really hot there always seemed to be a decent breeze going through them.

you could easily spend a half a day in those pools and not get bored.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #825
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Good for Parker for literally jumping right in! Noelle is so cute in her little bikini.

Jill in CO
i was very proud of him for doing that, he usually has to have you there waiting to catch him. he was very brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Gotta love days off from the parks! So relaxing.
they are a blast arent they, i know how you guys love them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That is a really cool sitting area you found by the pool. I heard that particular quiet pool is really nice. I love pool time! It's seriously one of my fav past times while Im at Disney world!
that was the quietest of them all, the little mermaid one was not really loud but this one just seemed very quiet and relaxing of the three.

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: