Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #796
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay I havenít fallen as behind as I wouldíve thought! Yay! At least Iíve got the excuse of being on vacation, right? Lawl.

Baby animals! So cute, that ostrich, NO THANK YOU, so creepy, I do not accept them!

I knew there was a reason I didnít like the Nemo show, baha! It definitely does have a really dark start for a kids movie!! I agree with the NO at the new photobucket, I REALLY donít like the way itís laid out and itís way harder to use now!

Oh my gosh the kids are too cute with the characters, Parkerís so happy to be bouncing with Tigger, thatís where the magic is! So glad you were able to stick it out through FOTLK, itís such an incredible show, definitely my favorite!!

Oh no! I hope that the parade performer was okay! But Iím glad you guys got a great spot for it! I like the idea of AK until closing but I feel like I always have something else to do that afternoon/evening and end up leaving AK by one, there just isnít enough to keep my occupied I guess ahha!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #797
Cllong75
Fave Place on Earth

I love your report so far, could your kids seriously be any cuter? It looks like Noelle is warming up to the characters like a pro.

Nov '11 ~ Disneyland *Sept '10 ~ Pop Century * Jan '09 ~ All Star Movies * Sept '05 ~ All Star Sports * May '04 ~ All Star Sports * Sept '00 ~ All Star Movies * '85 ~ Off-site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #798
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
What great character meets. I love when the charactes have some fun and really spend time with the little ones.

As for the hippo.... I did hear the lady say - Okay we are done here.

I like closing down AK. It really empties out after the parade and you can just stroll around.
i think its great how much they can get across to kids byjust there actions and not talking that is what makes them really good at there job when the kids will talk and talk and not expect any words in response

yep she said that.

it does and i think that will be one of our new things to do there, try and close it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica527 View Post
Amazing Trip Reports!!

I first read your 2010 report and fell in love with your family. I am only 1/4 into this one and have a lot of reading to do.

Thank you for a great report and I look forward to reading the rest!
thanks for reading along. there are two other reports in the signature that you can read when you get caught up with this one if you want more back trips.

hope the links at the start help you get caught up and thanks for being here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay I havenít fallen as behind as I wouldíve thought! Yay! At least Iíve got the excuse of being on vacation, right? Lawl.

Baby animals! So cute, that ostrich, NO THANK YOU, so creepy, I do not accept them!

I knew there was a reason I didnít like the Nemo show, baha! It definitely does have a really dark start for a kids movie!! I agree with the NO at the new photobucket, I REALLY donít like the way itís laid out and itís way harder to use now!

Oh my gosh the kids are too cute with the characters, Parkerís so happy to be bouncing with Tigger, thatís where the magic is! So glad you were able to stick it out through FOTLK, itís such an incredible show, definitely my favorite!!

Oh no! I hope that the parade performer was okay! But Iím glad you guys got a great spot for it! I like the idea of AK until closing but I feel like I always have something else to do that afternoon/evening and end up leaving AK by one, there just isnít enough to keep my occupied I guess ahha!!
i have been pretty busy so not as many updates as i would have liked. hope you had a good vacation.

at our local zoo there is a spot that the ostritch can see you through some glass and it just keeps hitting its nose on the glass over and over again. very funny stuff.

he had some great character meets this trip, we were really happy with it.
we used to be that way as well with AK but this trip decided to see about filling a whole day there. i was really glad i did, i think if you try and schedule each show and then fill in with the other stuff it is pretty easy to fill a day there, especially if you do the walking trails and the rafiki station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllong75 View Post
I love your report so far, could your kids seriously be any cuter? It looks like Noelle is warming up to the characters like a pro.
thanks very much for joining in and the nice words.

she seems to need to trust them first then she is all good.

last night at chik fil a. it took her about 20 minutes of checking out the the cow mascot and him walking by and her looking for him around corners to finally be okay to wave at him then she was good as long as i held her so she is def. a warmer upper.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #799
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Loved the "twofer", rhino butt and lion. What good fortune!

Awesome that Mickey and Minnie had fun with Parker's bino's. That's a great picture of him cracking up and Noelle pointing.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #800
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
And who doesnt like a little baby elephant picture.
Wonder if that is the same one they rescued from the poachers that was in the back of the truck you used to see on the safari......released back into the wild???

Quote:
And not to be outdone by the baby elephant the baby rhino and his mommy were hanging out as well.
I love when you get to see the baby animals out when doing the safari!

Quote:
At this point i started to think that if there was not the whole issue of this giant vehicle i was in, this guy would seriously consider taking a shot at me.
just look at that face staring us down.
Did you try to give that bird........the bird........or something???

Quote:
After our second safari ride of the morning. we were off on the train to the rafiki area, parker was loving the train that morning just like he loves all trains.
I agree with Parker, I love the trains too! Only been to Planet Watch once........I guess I need to spend some more time exploring back there.

Quote:
if u end up riding back there check out the bathrooms they have some fun soundtracks playing in there, or the guy in the stall had some really unusual talents.
For a minute there, you had me tempted..........

Quote:
Rafiki was out and about greeting his quests so we stopped to say hi...Parker wasnt feeling him at first but once he saw his sister go up and say hi and get an autograph he had no problem going up and getting one of his own.

Love the little grin on Noelle's face here.

Quote:
We also spotted this guy with a funky hair cut. Nothing like sucking up to your boss.
Nice!!!

Quote:
It was time for NEMO.

as soon as the show started the lights went out and they start the scene with the mean looking fish that eats all the fish eggs right...well, parker hit the floor and was under my legs.
Poor Parker, he was just having a rough trip all around it seems............

Quote:
It is all a learning process and do we always get it right as parents, nope, do we sometimes fail, yep, do we crash spectacularly after having a similar situation less than 24 hours earlier. absolutely. just learn to move on and keep trying to get it right.
That is all you can really do as a parent, and considering each child is different, you really go through it over again every time.

Quote:
and sorry for so much time from the last update, i just figured out how to find my pictures onthe new photobucket.(i hate there changes.)
I actually got a chance to do a survey the last time I was on PB. Normally I probably wouldn't take the time, but this is one occasion I took the opportunity to give them an ear full!!!

Quote:
if he refuses pizza he might like there hot italian sandwich, we always enjoy that at pizzafari.
Hot Italian? That sounds more along Rosie's line............

Quote:
wrapping around to next page
Well at least Rosie didn't mess this up for you..............

Quote:
it was on to see pooh and the gang.
Nice pictures, and some really good interaction from the kids at this character meet!

Quote:
i can only image what noelle is thinking as tigger puts his arm around mommy for a picture.
The characters all seemed to get carried away cozying up to Candi.........Rafiki seemed to also be very cozy when you were at Planet Watch.........

Guess Chip and Dale aren't the only characters you have to worry about......

Quote:
so how was that hopping session parker.
Parker did a great job with the hopping, but it doesn't look like he enjoyed it very much..........

Quote:
Just an update, i am 90% of the way to my goal for my st baldricks head shaving event (to raise money for kids cancer research)....if you have not donated and wish to please send me a PM for the link to my website, or if you just want to check the page out send me a PM and i will gladly send it to you.
So glad you are getting close on your goal! Congratulations and I hope you go way over!!!

Quote:
Chapter 36. A parade and an animal encounter.

After leaving the lion king show, it was time to find some good spots for the parade.
I love the parade at AK. I guess because it is so different from the rest of them with all the unique "floats."

Quote:
back at our spot it was time for some refreshments...a frozen drink was in order...so i went and picked up two of those as well as a jalapeno cheese pretzel...man that sucker hit the spot...well turns out parker didnt like the frozen coke, so candi and him went off to get an ice cream cup.
Mmmm........... jalapeno cheese pretzel!!! Would love to be munching on one of those right now!!!

Quote:
we liked this whole start of parade thing here as well as the MK all the performers are fresh and you get a ton of attention at the start.
Nice job on being at the start of the parade. There is also the added benefit of making a quick escape when the last of the parade passes by, while the rest of the crowd is still waiting to see it.

Looks like Parker was doing a great job with those binoculars! I'm not sure I would have been as excited as you to see those white rhinos so close. I remember one time on the safari that two of them were up a little side road that goes between areas and the driver stopped for everyone to get a look. One of the white rhinos didn't like that one little bit for some reason, and actually began to charge at the vehicle. Needless to say, the driver decided rather quickly it was time to move along.

I think the interaction with the Characters at Camp Minnie Mickey is some of the best. They just seem to take a little more time with the interaction. And it is so good to see Noelle starting to really warm up and get comfortable with the interactions!!!

Nice that you got that extra meet in with Pocahontas. I agree that AK is a really good park to close down; so different when it is almost empty, especially when it works out that you are leaving after dark when all the lights are on and the Tree of Life is illuminated.

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 daysĖA spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #801
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Loved the "twofer", rhino butt and lion. What good fortune!

Awesome that Mickey and Minnie had fun with Parker's bino's. That's a great picture of him cracking up and Noelle pointing.
that picture almost made the christmas card but at the last minute it was left "behind"

it is funny how the kids reacted to it and they were really happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Wonder if that is the same one they rescued from the poachers that was in the back of the truck you used to see on the safari......released back into the wild???
going to throw my responses in red marv...
I love when you get to see the baby animals out when doing the safari!

Did you try to give that bird........the bird........or something???
that was one that he was staring down parker so maybe he was making a funny face at him or something.
I agree with Parker, I love the trains too! Only been to Planet Watch once........I guess I need to spend some more time exploring back there.

For a minute there, you had me tempted..........
what afraid that if it was someone else they might give you a run for your money.
Love the little grin on Noelle's face here.

Nice!!!

Poor Parker, he was just having a rough trip all around it seems............
he had some bad moments but overall i he loved the trip.
That is all you can really do as a parent, and considering each child is different, you really go through it over again every time.
hit the nail on the head marv
I actually got a chance to do a survey the last time I was on PB. Normally I probably wouldn't take the time, but this is one occasion I took the opportunity to give them an ear full!!!
i gave them a loaded response as well, and they did do a few of hte changes i suggested but still a few things that are really stupid with it.
Hot Italian? That sounds more along Rosie's line............

Well at least Rosie didn't mess this up for you..............

Nice pictures, and some really good interaction from the kids at this character meet!

The characters all seemed to get carried away cozying up to Candi.........Rafiki seemed to also be very cozy when you were at Planet Watch.........
its hard to introduce her to any characters and not have them take an interest...well except the princess variety.
Guess Chip and Dale aren't the only characters you have to worry about......

Parker did a great job with the hopping, but it doesn't look like he enjoyed it very much..........
i know i wish he would have been more excited.

So glad you are getting close on your goal! Congratulations and I hope you go way over!!!

I love the parade at AK. I guess because it is so different from the rest of them with all the unique "floats."

Mmmm........... jalapeno cheese pretzel!!! Would love to be munching on one of those right now!!!
why dont you drive down then send me some.
Nice job on being at the start of the parade. There is also the added benefit of making a quick escape when the last of the parade passes by, while the rest of the crowd is still waiting to see it.

Looks like Parker was doing a great job with those binoculars! I'm not sure I would have been as excited as you to see those white rhinos so close. I remember one time on the safari that two of them were up a little side road that goes between areas and the driver stopped for everyone to get a look. One of the white rhinos didn't like that one little bit for some reason, and actually began to charge at the vehicle. Needless to say, the driver decided rather quickly it was time to move along.
sounds alot like a story we had when we went with my parents.
I think the interaction with the Characters at Camp Minnie Mickey is some of the best. They just seem to take a little more time with the interaction. And it is so good to see Noelle starting to really warm up and get comfortable with the interactions!!!

Nice that you got that extra meet in with Pocahontas. I agree that AK is a really good park to close down; so different when it is almost empty, especially when it works out that you are leaving after dark when all the lights are on and the Tree of Life is illuminated.
i have always liked the character greets at AK they all seem great there.

thanks for taking the time to comment marv.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #802
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 38. Night Time Pooling

Chapter 38. Night Time Pooling.

When we left AK, we still had not had dinner, so it was a quick trip back to the room to drop our stuff off then back up to the main lobby for dinner.

Parker opted for the burger...candi had the make your own pasta, and i had the build your own burger...

Noelle demonstrated for me the art of tipping it back

After dinner we went back to the room and got into our bathing suits to enjoy a little down time at our sections pool.

since you can say im going boating, or running, or walking, or swimming, i thought why cant you say im going pooling, if you are not going to swim around but just sort of floating there doing nothing...which is what we did, holding hte kids in the water and just floating around and having fun. so hence we went pooling that night.

parker was all ready to go. all of these are taken with no flash.

and the other direction with aerial looming in the background.

a closer up one.

the wate rwas really warm that night.

we swam around for about 30 minutes then candi took noelle back to the room and parker and i went up to the top floor to get some pictures.

first a panoramic

then a normal shot.

this is right next to where we were standing on the 4th floor.

and since i included one of them here are the rest of the main statues from where we were.

then out to the right on the parking lot side.

and the fish on the wall behind aerial.

then it was back down to the room and get ready for bed.

this was the first night we watched the duffy bed time story that plays in the evening for the kids or adults.

i found the video so im posting a link to it here.

it follows along with the story of the book and the kids loved it, it plays then takes a few minute break then plays again...most nights they would not even make it through one round of the story.

after that we watched a little more tv when the kids fell asleep and ended our day as well for another fun day ahead.

a day off from the parks and just hanging out.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #803
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm grinning from ear to ear watching Noelle drinking her bottle...such a cutie.

Looks like a fun night in the pool, and great shots around AOA. We thought of staying there for our one night next month but it was just too expensive to sleep for one night.

I can't wait to hear what you do on your day away from the parks.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #804
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Just getting caught up again! I have been that close to a rhino before with the same view you got ( glad that video didn't happen to me too) but I have never seen them walking across the path!

Great late night AoA photos!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #805
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I love your pictures from your night of "pooling"!

I'm having a great time following along - your kids are adorable!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #806
FancyNancy
Princess

OMG the pics of Noelle tipping it back!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #807
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Hey I'm just catching up, again. I just read the dash for the spin toys! Nice job super Dad!

I wanted to ask you a question about the parade and fireworks, did you change shutter speed or did you just not use a flash. I am determined for our trip this June to get nice shots of those two things!

We are going to a water park this trip as well, being that it's June and going to be hotter than Hades. I want to go to TL as we've only been to BB (well the boys have but they probably don't remember, they were 5 and 3. Ok off to read more.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #808
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

The pool area looks great. Love all the Little Mermaid Character statues
Old 03-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #809
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm grinning from ear to ear watching Noelle drinking her bottle...such a cutie.

Looks like a fun night in the pool, and great shots around AOA. We thought of staying there for our one night next month but it was just too expensive to sleep for one night.

I can't wait to hear what you do on your day away from the parks.
must take after me tipping it back then.

stay in the little mermaid section since it is just one night, you then get to still experience everything at a value rate.

have an awesome fun time...even away from the parks...we love none park days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Just getting caught up again! I have been that close to a rhino before with the same view you got ( glad that video didn't happen to me too) but I have never seen them walking across the path!

Great late night AoA photos!
it was really cool to see such a huge animal walking so slow and you just had to wait and let it do its thing...the kids loved being that close and watching it.

thanks, i was happy with the night time shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyGoofy View Post
I love your pictures from your night of "pooling"!

I'm having a great time following along - your kids are adorable!
thanks for joining in.

we are almost through the first week so one more week to go on the report...and many more kid pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
OMG the pics of Noelle tipping it back!!!
she learns it from the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Hey I'm just catching up, again. I just read the dash for the spin toys! Nice job super Dad!

I wanted to ask you a question about the parade and fireworks, did you change shutter speed or did you just not use a flash. I am determined for our trip this June to get nice shots of those two things!

We are going to a water park this trip as well, being that it's June and going to be hotter than Hades. I want to go to TL as we've only been to BB (well the boys have but they probably don't remember, they were 5 and 3. Ok off to read more.
i did not change anything on the camera no shutter and no flash...my camera does not have a flash built in. it is an attachment that you have to put on it...for all the night shots i left it off...the camera pulls in all available light for you to take low level/night time shots without flash and get good results.

it also takes the pictures really fast, even in the night time so they usually are not blurry.

with your boys being a little older this time, have you thought about BB instead of TL...just wondering if they would like it more than TL. i could see them loving the tobagoon racers and the teen play area with the zip line into the water and such. but just an idea.

im sure they will find a ton to do at TL as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
The pool area looks great. Love all the Little Mermaid Character statues
thanks, it was alot of fun swimming with all the big stuff around you. also made the walk seem much quicker with so much to look at.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #810
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I think you just coined the phrase pooling.

AoA looks fun! I can't decide where we are going to stay next trip! I have a resort picked for all 3 categories - it's just a matter of which one we are going to go with haha. AoA is my first choice for a value!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: