Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #781
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 36. A parade and an animal encounter

Just an update, i am 90% of the way to my goal for my st baldricks head shaving event (to raise money for kids cancer research)....if you have not donated and wish to please send me a PM for the link to my website, or if you just want to check the page out send me a PM and i will gladly send it to you.

Chapter 36. A parade and an animal encounter.

After leaving the lion king show, it was time to find some good spots for the parade.

So we headed off to towards the safari, we parked on a bench that at first was in the sun on the right hand side of the pathway just before the bridge.

then when a shaded spot opened up on the bench across the way we moved over there. with our spots secure parker and i headed off to pick up his binoculars that he had wanted earlier in the day.

back at our spot it was time for some refreshments...a frozen drink was in order...so i went and picked up two of those as well as a jalapeno cheese pretzel...man that sucker hit the spot...well turns out parker didnt like the frozen coke, so candi and him went off to get an ice cream cup.

well i think according to this face he likes this choice much better.

as we were sitting there i looked at the map and realized that the parade actually started about 30 feet to our right hand side and that it would pass in front of us but not until it had went all the way around the entire park then back again...not wanting to sit and wait 30 minutes for it to get back to us we stood up and walked over to where it would start.

we made friends with the people next to us on the bench and they liked our idea so they joined. parker talked there ear off while we waited for the parade to start which was about 15 minutes late because someone that was in it passed out backstage before it was to start.

when they helped them out it was time to begin.

we liked this whole start of parade thing here as well as the MK all the performers are fresh and you get a ton of attention at the start.

there was no one across from us so they all came to our side as soon as they got on the route.

the kids really liked the goofy truck.

donalds float was a huge hit as well with the squirting water.

and last but not least mickey mouse.

we had fast passes from when we went back there to get the binoculars so we used those on the safari as soon as the parade was over.

i also picked up another pair that a CM told me i didnt need, and i said i know there is no line but my son wants them as a souvenior...the line was so short the return time for the fast pass was less than 15 minutes after the time i picked them up.

so with new binoculars in tow it was time to spot some animals.

we saw the rhinos in that same area by the hippos that we have never seen them in before.

parker was a pro at spotting animals with his new gadget.

and i used to think that seeing animals on the morning safari was the best way to go but it turns out there are just as many if not more in the evening as the temps start to decline a little.

we saw our baby elephants again.

and another good view of the eating area on the safari expedition tour that you can take.

thats a big bird you see there son.

as we round the corner in hopes of seeing the lion this time we spot something else on the path that we have never seen over here...or at least in this direct section of the safari.

some very slow moving animatronic white rhinos

ohh whats that a twofer...a rhino tush and a lion i see.

miss lion on pride rock.

and mr lion on pride rock.
at least he wasnt laying down and we could see his head.

we had alot of time to check out the lion as we still had some slow moving 2 ton animals in our way.

it was at this moment i was glad that it was a rhino that we were this close too.

and glad that this hippo was not in that same position on the tour.

click on the link to see what i mean.

going to work on the next update right now.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 03-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #782
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 37. We close down AK for the first time.

Chapter 37. We close down AK for the first time.
part 1.

After our safari, we still had a little business of seeing some more characters to finish up.

So off to camp mickey and minnie it was.

First up was mickey.

we had to wait for a little cheese break so when they came back the handlers started a mickey / minnie chant in each line which the kids really enjoyed.

mickey really liked parkers binoculars so he ended up asking for them so he could spy on minnie.

what did the kids think of that.

they loved it.

noelle came around to mickey and enjoyed some high fives.

and parker was still a little puzzled on the whole spying binocular thing.

i like how he is looking at mickey in this one still full of excitment and love for the big cheese.

of course we had to see minnie as well.

she thought it was really funny that mickey was checking her out with the glasses when parker told her so she checked parker out with them then checked mickey out for herself.

another positive meet for noelle seems like she has this thing down

just hanging out with her best friends is all.

too many pics for one update so going to split the rest of the meets up with the next chapter.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #783
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 37. We close down AK for the first time. part 2

Chapter 37. We close down the AK for the first time.
part 2

next up was donald duck.

now noelle is really a pro and walks up to them on her own.

no need for mommy support.

even hangs back to blow kisses, she loves the duck we are good.

we see pocahantas and quickly jump in her line.

parker and her talk about his binoculars and exploring in the jungle etc.

candi let me get in this picture with her.

we had about 20 minutes till the park closed so it was quickly off to the back of the park, but first a shot in the park where you can see the everest and tree of life. only spot that you can see both in a picture.

we had to get in the tree of life family shot

and one with simba, i am always looking at the camera in these.

we were on a mission to see candis favorite tigers since we did not see them earlier in the day.

and we did this is also a big spot in one of the kingdom keeper books so it was fun to see stuff we read about again.

and no trip is complete with out seeing these cuddly little fellows.

and with that a CM was back there to tell us politely that the park was closing and followed us out to make sure no one else was left on the trails.

and somewhere between here and the exit we lost one of noelles shoes well actually she kicked it off and we have no idea where it was...it never showed up in lost and found even a few days later so she spent the rest of the trip in sandals.

and that was the first time we have ever spent open to close at AK and we actually really enjoyed it, we will be doing that again soon.

the day is not over though yet we still had dinner and the rest of the night left but that is a story for another time.

have a great weekend everyone.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #784
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

OMG...that ways too funny with the hippo! You were so lucky it was a Rhino instead... Lol

Your pictures are great! Glad you all had a great time in AK!

It is so cute to see Noelle warm up to the characters.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #785
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Dan I shard you updates with a couple of the individuals , they REALLY liked the video of thr HIPPOVery good Safari pix !! The Parade at AK is my favorite of the Daytime parades . Parker looks very intent on the Safari
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #786
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

That video of the hippo was awesome

Glad Noelle slowly came around with the characters. She looks like a real pro now. Thank goodness she liked Donald, your hero

Looks like a great day all around
Old 03-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #787
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Darn....I was REALLY behind.

I am just loving the photos with Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger...just too cute.

You got some great pictures on the safari again and Parker sure looks like he is enjoying his new binoculars.

We have got to make a point of staying for the AK parade again one of these days.

I'm glad Parker was able to enjoy The Festival of the Lion King...you handled that great.

The photos in Camp Mickey & Minnie are my absolute favorites. Noelle is turning into a "character" pro.

Great pictures of the Tigers...glad you went back to see those for Candi. I could have done WITHOUT the picture of the bat, however.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #788
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I am so tickled to see Noelle warm up to the Characters! What great memories of your day at AK! Priceless pics

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #789
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

Oh wow! DH and I nearly just woke up our daughter laughing at that!!!!! Had to watch that one a few times! Hahahahahaha!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #790
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

When you posted the pictures of the rhinos in "position", I of course immediately thought of that YouTube clip and wondered if you'd seen it. Naturally, you were on top of things!

Love the way Mickey and Minnie were playing with Parker's binoculars. The characters are so good at picking up on little things like that and making it a special memory.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #791
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

The animals were really active on your Safari! That always makes for a really great experience. Except if a hippo is shaking poop your way, I guess.

All of the character greet photos are absolutely precious! You can tell Parker really loves meeting them and interacting with them. And it's great that Noelle finally warmed up to meeting them on her own! The one of her blowing kisses to Donald is SO cute!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #792
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
OMG...that ways too funny with the hippo! You were so lucky it was a Rhino instead... Lol

Your pictures are great! Glad you all had a great time in AK!

It is so cute to see Noelle warm up to the characters.
i was very please as well, and if you ever wondered why hippos were always so much farther away from people in exhibits wonder no more.

i was so happy she was really coming around to them as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Dan I shard you updates with a couple of the individuals , they REALLY liked the video of thr HIPPOVery good Safari pix !! The Parade at AK is my favorite of the Daytime parades . Parker looks very intent on the Safari
glad you could share it with them, i hope they got a good laugh out of it.

he was all business with those binoculars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That video of the hippo was awesome

Glad Noelle slowly came around with the characters. She looks like a real pro now. Thank goodness she liked Donald, your hero

Looks like a great day all around
she is an old pro now, just need to take her back and get her to see them again, i hope donald always has a spot towards the top of her list, i am pretty sure pluto was her favorite of the trip, but since we have been home she has fallen for goofy, he is the first one she points out in all of her books now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Darn....I was REALLY behind.

I am just loving the photos with Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger...just too cute.

You got some great pictures on the safari again and Parker sure looks like he is enjoying his new binoculars.

We have got to make a point of staying for the AK parade again one of these days.

I'm glad Parker was able to enjoy The Festival of the Lion King...you handled that great.

The photos in Camp Mickey & Minnie are my absolute favorites. Noelle is turning into a "character" pro.

Great pictures of the Tigers...glad you went back to see those for Candi. I could have done WITHOUT the picture of the bat, however.
i was really glad we stayed there all day, we were not planning on it, but it did feel good to have pretty much no one in the park toward the end of the day.

she is a character meet master now, she loved those furry guys.

tigers are her favorite and while she said we didnt need to go see them, im glad we did she had a good time.

more pictures of the bat next time got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I am so tickled to see Noelle warm up to the Characters! What great memories of your day at AK! Priceless pics
thanks, it is really a laid back relaxing park if you just take the time to enjoy it all and not rush through it. it is starting to grow more and more on me that park.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #793
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
:

Oh wow! DH and I nearly just woke up our daughter laughing at that!!!!! Had to watch that one a few times! Hahahahahaha!
im glad you enjoyed it, my favorite was at the end the lady saying...
"what was that?" and "did you see that?"

im sure everyone saw that.

also the last few seconds you can hear a lady say,
"okay i think we're done here" well the hippos sure was done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

When you posted the pictures of the rhinos in "position", I of course immediately thought of that YouTube clip and wondered if you'd seen it. Naturally, you were on top of things!

Love the way Mickey and Minnie were playing with Parker's binoculars. The characters are so good at picking up on little things like that and making it a special memory.

i love that video clip, very funny stuff there.

i knew you would know that clip, most men have seen it.

it was an awesome interaction, we were looking at pictures of the trip last night and parker was still laughing about that interaction when we got to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The animals were really active on your Safari! That always makes for a really great experience. Except if a hippo is shaking poop your way, I guess.

All of the character greet photos are absolutely precious! You can tell Parker really loves meeting them and interacting with them. And it's great that Noelle finally warmed up to meeting them on her own! The one of her blowing kisses to Donald is SO cute!
they were very active all day, but it seemed more so at the evening safari than the others of the day.

i love that picture with her and donald, she is already winning over my favorite character.

Blessed by the Best
Old 03-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #794
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

What great character meets. I love when the charactes have some fun and really spend time with the little ones.

As for the hippo.... I did hear the lady say - Okay we are done here.

I like closing down AK. It really empties out after the parade and you can just stroll around.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #795
Jessica527
Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Amazing Trip Reports!!

I first read your 2010 report and fell in love with your family. I am only 1/4 into this one and have a lot of reading to do.

Thank you for a great report and I look forward to reading the rest!

2009: All Star Sports - Dad's First Disney Trip
2007 Part 2: Off Site - HS Trip

2007 Part 1: All Star Music
2005: Off Site - HS Trip[
1998: All Star Sports

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: