Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #61
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
thanks for reading.

when is your trip?
We don't know when we are taking the little guy. It might be in January when I am doing the half marathon. If not then, definitely next November.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #62
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Nice with the Southwest flight maneuver. Very very smart.

Illegal picture taking. Although I would have been afraid of dropping the camera.

Kid pool tossing is an excellent sport.

I think I'm going to start singing Parker's Disney World song. It's so appropriate.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #63
KatMark
DIS Veteran

All caught up again, Dan. I can't believe how big those kiddos are getting...and they just get cuter every day.

Love how you were so smooth on your feet with covering questions by Candi (although you and Marv really need to be more careful in the future).

And Parker's questions just cracked me up. And love that he wanted to spend his money.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #64
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to finally be hearing about this trip!! I remember when you shared about Parker wanting to pay for the trip.... about broke my heart. He has such a sweet heart.

Can't wait to hear more!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #65
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Subbing - Better late than never, I guess! I enjoyed reading "Squirts, flirts..." your 2010 TR.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #66
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
him singing this song as we are driving to grandparents for dinner one night about 3 weeks before go on the trip

"sometimes you just gotta, gotta go to disney world"
-our response to that was just laugh and tell him how cute that was, when asked where he heard it, he said i just made it up because i want to go to disney world.
This is so sweet and cute!

Quote:
Next hurdle was the huge package of info that dawn sent us, including resort info, schedules etc...so i had to take all the AoA stuff out, i redid them and printed out POP info in its place...not alot of work but still sneaky sneaky.
We did talk about me sending the package and the fact that it would have AoA stuff in it, yes? I can't remember! I just want to make sure I didn't almost blow your cover. Oh, and I could have printed out Pop stuff for you - sorry about that. I just didn't think about it!

Quote:
here is a disney picture for this update, last night we had the minnie head sugar cookie that we got with one of our snack credits before we left...

verdict, not worth it, very dry and no flavor, parker even made a face and didnt want to finish his part, and asked for milk.
So funny that he didn't like the cookie, either! My friend Anna bought a cookie off the Christmas tree at the Grand Floridian when we went in December 2008, and her little boy was 4 then and he decided he'd eat it. Well, it wasn't really made to be eaten, more of a decoration. But since he had already taken a bite, Anna told him he could eat the rest. He told her it was yucky and he didn't want it. She took a bite and spit it out! She was mad that she paid like $15 for a cookie that they couldn't even eat!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #67
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
All caught up! I love a surprise trip! I can't believe you also surprised all of us! Well, except Marv and Dawn, I guess.

Such cute pics of the kids! I can't believe how grown up Parker is these days! Tell Candi she looks great!
there were also a few others that might have known but it involved some photopass stuff sooo

he looks way more grown up when we cut his hair if we let it go shabby he looks like a little toddler again.

she does look great thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
excited to see another trip report from you guys!!! such a fun back story
thanks, hope you enjoy it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #68
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
We don't know when we are taking the little guy. It might be in January when I am doing the half marathon. If not then, definitely next November.
both sound like good times to take him, totally different experience at each age for him and you guys to witness it.

will you be doing a report of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Nice with the Southwest flight maneuver. Very very smart.
thanks, i love a good deal

the deal they were offereing last month that my BIL got was spend 1000 within the first three months of getting the card and get 50,000 points (i think that is how many it was)
he signed him and my sister up...they are hopping to get that for both of them and have enough to fly round trip from here to LA for disneyland.
Quote:
Illegal picture taking. Although I would have been afraid of dropping the camera.
illegal picture taking is only illegal if you get caught...and okay if the guy running the zip line says "what camera, you look like you have it stored away to me"
Quote:
Kid pool tossing is an excellent sport.
and wife approved unlike the kid tossing in the air inside the house.
Quote:
I think I'm going to start singing Parker's Disney World song. It's so appropriate.
it does have a catchy ring to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
All caught up again, Dan. I can't believe how big those kiddos are getting...and they just get cuter every day.

Love how you were so smooth on your feet with covering questions by Candi (although you and Marv really need to be more careful in the future).

And Parker's questions just cracked me up. And love that he wanted to spend his money.
i was born smooth kathy.

he does have a good heart and is very thoughtful...love that little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
I'm so glad to finally be hearing about this trip!! I remember when you shared about Parker wanting to pay for the trip.... about broke my heart. He has such a sweet heart.

Can't wait to hear more!!
he does, it was hard to keep it from him, but glad we did this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Subbing - Better late than never, I guess! I enjoyed reading "Squirts, flirts..." your 2010 TR.
thanks for joining in on another report...not late to the game, just started, and havent even gotten to the atual trip yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
This is so sweet and cute!

Quote:
We did talk about me sending the package and the fact that it would have AoA stuff in it, yes? I can't remember! I just want to make sure I didn't almost blow your cover. Oh, and I could have printed out Pop stuff for you - sorry about that. I just didn't think about it!
ohh you did dont worry, i even told you not to worry about it and send everything like you normally do...before it arrived i also told her not to open any mickey mail as there might be something secret in it...she didnt even bat an eye and said okay.

Quote:
So funny that he didn't like the cookie, either! My friend Anna bought a cookie off the Christmas tree at the Grand Floridian when we went in December 2008, and her little boy was 4 then and he decided he'd eat it. Well, it wasn't really made to be eaten, more of a decoration. But since he had already taken a bite, Anna told him he could eat the rest. He told her it was yucky and he didn't want it. She took a bite and spit it out! She was mad that she paid like $15 for a cookie that they couldn't even eat!
luckily it was just paid with a snack credit, i would have been upset even paying the 3 bucks for it.

very gross, not sure if eating it fresh right away made from the oven would have helped, the flavor was not there at all...it was listed as a sugar cookie, but tasted more like a dried out gingerbread with very weak ginger bread flavoring.

that really stinks those cookies they got were so bad, you would think they would be awesome.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #69
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I have so enjoyed reading! We left AOA the day after you guys got there. We really enjoyed it!
We also have a four year old boy! They are so much fun. Can't wait to read more!
Second Star to the Right And Straight On till Morning
April 2006- Offsite DH ( was BF) first time
December 2005- Offsite ( Engaged at Magic Kingdom)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-Disney All Star Sports ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012-1 night at Port Orleans FQ
September 2012- 1 night at Art of Animation
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort

Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #70
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Am here

I was in Disney the same time as you were. We even took a trip over to AOA to check it out. Looks awesome!!!

We might have crossed paths and didn't even know it

Off to read
Old 10-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #71
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
I have so enjoyed reading! We left AOA the day after you guys got there. We really enjoyed it!
We also have a four year old boy! They are so much fun. Can't wait to read more!
glad you enjoyed it, it was a good resort, we had a good time...glad you liked it too.

are you going to do a report about your trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Am here

I was in Disney the same time as you were. We even took a trip over to AOA to check it out. Looks awesome!!!

We might have crossed paths and didn't even know it

Off to read
glad to see one of the originals here.

thats really funny, i didnt even know you were going...otherwise i would have told you were were going to be there too.

are you doing a TR about it, i always enjoyed yours in the past

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #72
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
glad you enjoyed it, it was a good resort, we had a good time...glad you liked it too.

are you going to do a report about your trip?

glad to see one of the originals here.

thats really funny, i didnt even know you were going...otherwise i would have told you were were going to be there too.

are you doing a TR about it, i always enjoyed yours in the past
Thanks

No problem.

Thank you for compliment. I have not done one in years, so maybe next year. I am pretty lazy and just post my trip pics on Facebook for now

I can't believe how big Parker has gotten. He is so handsome

Noelle is such a cutie pie.

Good cover with Candi

How cute Parker kept asking to go to Disney. I bet it was breaking your heart not to tell him.

I can't wait to hear how their surprises went
Old 10-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #73
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Not sure yet! Maybe! Do you typically go every 2 years? I noticed in your signature yall go about every 2 years.. Thats about right for us too.. Looking at September 2014- It was such a nice time to go- ( Sept 14th just seems so far away)

Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #74
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Thanks

No problem.

Thank you for compliment. I have not done one in years, so maybe next year. I am pretty lazy and just post my trip pics on Facebook for now
they do take alot of work, but i like how it lengthens out my trip and makes the next one that much closer.

can you PM me what your daily schedule was, i am curious if we did cross paths some day and not even know it.

Quote:
I can't believe how big Parker has gotten. He is so handsome

Noelle is such a cutie pie.

Good cover with Candi

How cute Parker kept asking to go to Disney. I bet it was breaking your heart not to tell him.

I can't wait to hear how their surprises went
he is growing up so fast, but still has his little boy qualities that make you just want to hug the snot out of him.

it was hard not to tell him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Not sure yet! Maybe! Do you typically go every 2 years? I noticed in your signature yall go about every 2 years.. Thats about right for us too.. Looking at September 2014- It was such a nice time to go- ( Sept 14th just seems so far away)

TR's help the time between trips go much faster. by the time you finish the TR, you are ready to start really planning the next one.

we started out the first two years of our marriage, then switched to every 2 years, we would like to go more often, but it just sort of worked out that way the last 3 trips.

the off years let us take other week trips to other locations.

this sept. trip seemed to be the most crowded of the 3 sept trips we took.

we really enjoyed the early december trip we took, low crowds christmas stuff is up, and cooler weather 70's every day

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #75
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
they do take alot of work, but i like how it lengthens out my trip and makes the next one that much closer.

can you PM me what your daily schedule was, i am curious if we did cross paths some day and not even know it.

he is growing up so fast, but still has his little boy qualities that make you just want to hug the snot out of him.

it was hard not to tell him

TR's help the time between trips go much faster. by the time you finish the TR, you are ready to start really planning the next one.

we started out the first two years of our marriage, then switched to every 2 years, we would like to go more often, but it just sort of worked out that way the last 3 trips.

the off years let us take other week trips to other locations.

this sept. trip seemed to be the most crowded of the 3 sept trips we took.

we really enjoyed the early december trip we took, low crowds christmas stuff is up, and cooler weather 70's every day

We have been in December before too and it is really nice. Just hard to afford trip, plus Christmas ;( I thought it was rather crowded too opposed to how I thought it would be... September is also nice because then when everyone else is going to the beach and things during the summer- you know your "after summer trip" is around the corner!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: