Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #571
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Cheers!! Yahoo!! Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
I'm totally going to steal the trivia to use on my daughter! She's already asked me which is Disney's fastest ride and what the oldest resort hotel is.
feel free. the book i got them from was the walt disney world trivia book....secrets, history & fun facts behind the magic.

there is alot of good stuff in there.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #572
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 26. Princess training and a new game.

Chapter 26. Princess training and a new game.

So after we hit the front of the Mk to drop off our stuff in the locker to the evening hours we saw a princess out and about that we had to see.

Before our first trip with parker, i did not care for princess aurora at all, never saw the movie but just didnt like the princess for one reason or another.

now she is one of my favorites, the interaction that we have had over the years with her is priceless and one of the best that we can remember. She spent a ton of time with parker that trip even came back over to him in line for the next princesses to keep talking to him.

She was awesome on the second trip with him where she kept talking to him about slaying dragons (same story line as the previous trip) and just overall a great time.

So needless to say it was time to hit her up again and see how this worked with noelle.

So we found our princess next to city hall and the fire station.

noelle was feeling her out but parker dropped right into his routine of autographs and eating up the interaction.

noelle was giving her a few unsure looks but was sort of getting this whole princess thing.

then came time for the official princess wave...

yep looks pretty legit to me. but i am a little biased on her.

parker had to get his own shot with her

and then the whole group was able to join minus ol dad of course.

next up was to head right next door into the fire station to do a little game.
we had read about it so we wanted to try it out. the lady who was teaching the kids/adult how to play was very good.

she had parker come over to the training area. and gave him his cards to use.

she actually gave us all a pack so we had 4 of them. you had 3 spell cards and the key type card that use to turn stuff on and remember your game.

here she is telling parker about the cards.

then we found that the these are the symbols on the ground at the locations of the spots we were to find.

activating his portal window.

and then the wizard shows up to explain the game to us and to practice.

you use your spells to fight off the bad guys some work better than others and so forth.

in case anyone has bipassed the fire station this is where you go in to get your cards and map of the game.

so with a little time to spare before the parade we didnt want to head off in the back of the park to start the game and then miss a prime place at the start of the parade so we had enought time to wait but still get a good spot so a ride on the walt disney train was in order.

or as parker calls it the casey junior.

we get to the splash mountain station and see jessie and woody, with plans to see them later in the trip, we stay on the train.

hint we never made it back to see them, so really glad we saw woody in MGM a few days before.

so we stay on the train and mind the rules that state we need to remain seated no matter what sort of urge we have to get up and start dancing on the train.

now to the back of the magic kindgom with another reference to the kingdom keeper books these use these tents alot when they enter the magic kingdom at night.

but wont give away to much for those that have not read and plan to.

next stop the new fantasyland station...formally know as toontown.

it is now getting close to parade time but will we find a prime spot? that is the question.

find out next chapter.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #573
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've always loved the what not to do picture on the remain seated logos. Who does that??

I love Sleeping Beauty but there's something about her wig that bothers me! I think I mentioned this on your last TR lol

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #574
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

aggghhhh cliff hanger really? aw shucks!!! That little Noelle is priceless with all her facial expressions too cute!! And Parker well he's just a little heart melter!!

Old 01-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #575
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Noelle sure was checking Aurora out big time in that one picture! I do agree, looks like she has the wave down pretty good.

And Parker? My goodness, such a ladies man!

I love riding the train around. Excuse me while I sing along..."Can you paint with all the colors of the wind??" Yes, I embarrass DH every time we get to that part.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #576
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
I love Noelle's expression in this picture!

Aurora was my oldest daughter's favorite princess....I think we had an old hand-me-down book, literally from the late 60's/early 70's, of the cartoon Sleeping Beauty that we read to her. Trouble was, Disney wasn't doing anything Sleeping Beauty around that time, about the year 2000. No merchandising, no character at the parks, nothing at the Disney store, etc. Lauren used to ask, "but what about Aurora???" We're glad to see that her popularity has improved!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #578
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

then came time for the official princess wave...

Definitely THE BEST Princess wave I have ever seen. Noelle did great.

I've heard great things about the Sorcerer game; wonder if it will still be around by the time my grandbabies come and I can take them?

We totally missed the train in December which did NOT make Mr. Mark very happy.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #579
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Never been fan of Aurora either. No desire to see her movie or anything related to her

But looks like she was great and had a great interaction with the kids

Love Noelle's expression in some of those pics

Parker sure loves the ladies
Old 01-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #580
bedillamouse
Mouseketeer

Just finished catching up on your report! I love seeing your kids interact with the characters! I got teary at the pictures of Noelle and the Pluto pillow! The last time we went to WDW my youngest was 1 years old and randomly latched onto a stuffed Stitch doll....she still sleep with him also. It melts your heart when they love something so much right away!! Impossible to not buy those animals when they hug on them so much!!

Can't wait for more and I am excited to read about the game that starts in the Firehouse...I had not heard about it before and we are planning on going in May. My kids would love it so I hope it's still around when we go.

DH DD9 DD7
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #581
katt789
DIS Veteran

Man, kids can fall asleep anywhere some days, and I find when at Disney, and they’re all tuckered out, they’ll pass right out in the most uncomfortable looking positions in the strollers! As if she didn’t wake up for that hammering, that’s crazy!!

Never knew there was a photopass person there, hopefully they’ll be there in Feb and we can get some pics! I also never noticed the movie scenes on the Dumbo ride!! How cute!! Ah! Chipmunks! You guys notice all the details I don’t! Bahaha. Let me tell you, with that green wall down, it sure is amazing to walk under that arch and be all “ASDNSDFNDLF SO EXCITED”…..

Yay for a window seat at Pinocchio’s! I had eaten there a few times before I even noticed that it overlooked Small World…durp. Wow…it’s really sounding like I need to pay more attention to things next trip! Aw man, Uncrustables are like, a God send when I’m in Disney (they don’t sell them up here in Canada *sad face*) they’re SO AWESOME.

Awww!! Those are great pics of the kids! So adorable!! Oh the Peoplemover, how I love you!! How cute Noelle is waving down at all her fans, she is just the cutest thing!! I also kind of wish her shirt came in “big kid” sizes, ahaha

I’m totally the same with Aurora! I never liked her or her movie, and up until recently, didn’t really care for her, I like the ones with SPUNK! Now that I’ve re-watched her movie, met an amazing in park character, she’s great! Noelle looks so unsure in those pics! She’s all “who is this lady in a dress I’m supposed to say hi to?”

I have yet to do Sorcerers of the MK yet, it’s on my list, but I always have so much other stuff to do in MK! One of these days!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #582
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Man, you guys are racking up the meet-and-greets!

My kids really loved the Sorcerers game. I'm interested to see what Parker thinks of it.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #583
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I've always loved the what not to do picture on the remain seated logos. Who does that??

I love Sleeping Beauty but there's something about her wig that bothers me! I think I mentioned this on your last TR lol
hey sometimes the music just catches you and you feel the need to shake everything and stand up. i guess they are covering all basis there.

i think you did, that looked like her real hair to me. but maybe not, i have seen some that it looks really fake, but hers didnt seem that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
aggghhhh cliff hanger really? aw shucks!!! That little Noelle is priceless with all her facial expressions too cute!! And Parker well he's just a little heart melter!!
yep just a little one, sorry hope to have the parade chapter up tomorrow.

she had some really good bewildered faces during that meet up. thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Noelle sure was checking Aurora out big time in that one picture! I do agree, looks like she has the wave down pretty good.

And Parker? My goodness, such a ladies man!

I love riding the train around. Excuse me while I sing along..."Can you paint with all the colors of the wind??" Yes, I embarrass DH every time we get to that part.
yep, all little princesses need to have that wave down for training.

have you read the kingdom keeper books? thats what disney is about embarrassing those who you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I love Noelle's expression in this picture!

Aurora was my oldest daughter's favorite princess....I think we had an old hand-me-down book, literally from the late 60's/early 70's, of the cartoon Sleeping Beauty that we read to her. Trouble was, Disney wasn't doing anything Sleeping Beauty around that time, about the year 2000. No merchandising, no character at the parks, nothing at the Disney store, etc. Lauren used to ask, "but what about Aurora???" We're glad to see that her popularity has improved!
then bam she just shows up and is everywhere with all the others...i still have never seen the movie.

but still like her all the same.
that stinks they didnt have stuff for her when little, hope she still enjoys her now so she can get some stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I admit, I've never gotten the whole Aurora thing either, she is my little sisters favorite princess so I suppose she can't be all bad. I'm missing the hook with her somehow. Love that you all had such great interaction with her, that's wonderful!
i would think more out west would like her since the castle there was made for her afterall...but maybe not.

she has been very good on the last three trips, she better keep the momentum going for future ones.

Blessed by the Best
Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #584
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Definitely THE BEST Princess wave I have ever seen. Noelle did great.

I've heard great things about the Sorcerer game; wonder if it will still be around by the time my grandbabies come and I can take them?

We totally missed the train in December which did NOT make Mr. Mark very happy.
thanks kathy, im thinking the same thing as well...

i hope it is as i would like to do it next time, read on in the next chapter to see if we ever made it back to the game.

you know you dont have to be a little kid to do it, i saw many adults playing the game and getting cards without kids.

i would be upset missing the train as well, you have to ride it double next time to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Never been fan of Aurora either. No desire to see her movie or anything related to her

But looks like she was great and had a great interaction with the kids

Love Noelle's expression in some of those pics

Parker sure loves the ladies
im with you on seeing her movie dont really care to watch it, that is until noelle asks me to watch it with her, but now i like her as a princess.

yep a ladies man for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedillamouse View Post
Just finished catching up on your report! I love seeing your kids interact with the characters! I got teary at the pictures of Noelle and the Pluto pillow! The last time we went to WDW my youngest was 1 years old and randomly latched onto a stuffed Stitch doll....she still sleep with him also. It melts your heart when they love something so much right away!! Impossible to not buy those animals when they hug on them so much!!

Can't wait for more and I am excited to read about the game that starts in the Firehouse...I had not heard about it before and we are planning on going in May. My kids would love it so I hope it's still around when we go.
thanks for joining in.
try going into the disney store with her, every animal she thinks is her new best friend. luckily we can say no to her.

thats great that she still uses the doll.

find out more about the game in the following chapter.

a while ago it was still testing so not that well known, but now i have seen more for it, and seen a decent amount of people playing it around the park. dont forget to get everyone in your group a pack of the cards, so you can have more of the spell cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Man, kids can fall asleep anywhere some days, and I find when at Disney, and they’re all tuckered out, they’ll pass right out in the most uncomfortable looking positions in the strollers! As if she didn’t wake up for that hammering, that’s crazy!!

especially at disney. wait to you see where she fell asleep in one of the water parks. yep out like a light nothing was moving her during that power nap.

Quote:
Never knew there was a photopass person there, hopefully they’ll be there in Feb and we can get some pics! I also never noticed the movie scenes on the Dumbo ride!! How cute!! Ah! Chipmunks! You guys notice all the details I don’t! Bahaha. Let me tell you, with that green wall down, it sure is amazing to walk under that arch and be all “ASDNSDFNDLF SO EXCITED”…..
im sure it was a new spot with the opening coming up i just hope they keep it there, its a great spot for a family picture. we try and look for more and more detail each trip and slow down a little since im sure when the kids get older it will be more go go go go go.

Quote:
Yay for a window seat at Pinocchio’s! I had eaten there a few times before I even noticed that it overlooked Small World…durp. Wow…it’s really sounding like I need to pay more attention to things next trip! Aw man, Uncrustables are like, a God send when I’m in Disney (they don’t sell them up here in Canada *sad face*) they’re SO AWESOME.
honestly that was the first time we ate there i wasnt hugely impressed with the food but maybe i got the wrong thing.

somehow my son still finds crust to take off those.

Quote:
Awww!! Those are great pics of the kids! So adorable!! Oh the Peoplemover, how I love you!! How cute Noelle is waving down at all her fans, she is just the cutest thing!! I also kind of wish her shirt came in “big kid” sizes, ahaha

I’m totally the same with Aurora! I never liked her or her movie, and up until recently, didn’t really care for her, I like the ones with SPUNK! Now that I’ve re-watched her movie, met an amazing in park character, she’s great! Noelle looks so unsure in those pics! She’s all “who is this lady in a dress I’m supposed to say hi to?”

I have yet to do Sorcerers of the MK yet, it’s on my list, but I always have so much other stuff to do in MK! One of these days!
gotta teach them young to love the people mover it is a classic and a ride we love as a family.

there are some cool kid shirts that would be neat in adult sizes, but i think im good on the tink shirt, doesnt really match any of my shorts.

i bet she was thinking that we were just meeting a random person dressed up, having never seen the movie either.

we try and do a few new things each trip....that way if and when you miss things it makes for a reason to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Man, you guys are racking up the meet-and-greets!

My kids really loved the Sorcerers game. I'm interested to see what Parker thinks of it.
the little ones will do that for you, as well as two parents who love meeting them as well.

you will find out next chapter what he thought of it. which will hopefully be tomorrow.

Blessed by the Best
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #585
unbrelievable
Mouseketeer

Pretty late to be joining in, but I couldn't help it! Your family is too cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: