Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #511
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Good to be back Dan!!!!

I'll try to get through what you've written so far....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #512
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Trying to catch up with everyone over the holidays. I have enjoyed reading your TR! I CAN NOT BELIEVE how big your kiddo's are getting!!!

Loook...

Awww, he is becoming a little man!!! They grow up too fast!! Mine will be 9 in March and I swear we were taking him on his first WDW trip when he was only 2 YESTERDAY!! *SIGH*

You and Candy look great! Your little one is such a precious princess! Love all the pictures. Can't wait to read more.
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #513
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Good to be back Dan!!!!

I'll try to get through what you've written so far....
not a problem jordan. get through what you can the rest will be there when you have a chance...
can you PM me your new email, im not sure what i did with the letter that hit on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Trying to catch up with everyone over the holidays. I have enjoyed reading your TR! I CAN NOT BELIEVE how big your kiddo's are getting!!!

Loook...

Awww, he is becoming a little man!!! They grow up too fast!! Mine will be 9 in March and I swear we were taking him on his first WDW trip when he was only 2 YESTERDAY!! *SIGH*

You and Candy look great! Your little one is such a precious princess! Love all the pictures. Can't wait to read more.
glad to see you here. we had a great holiday, kids had a blast. they are really growing up fast...but we are trying to savor every moment of the littleness.

the trips do seem like just the other day dont they, thanks for all the kind words.
hope you have a great new year.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #514
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I was searching for another good TR to follow and decided this one is it! I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and going to get all caught up.

Your family is precious! What a nice looking bunch!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #515
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I was searching for another good TR to follow and decided this one is it! I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee and going to get all caught up.

Your family is precious! What a nice looking bunch!
i have lurked on a few of your reports, and just came across your last TR you are writing now...i guess you will pull me out of lurkdom to comment on yours.

Hope you enjoy the report. thanks for the nice comments.

working on another update now, so you might need two cups to get through it all.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #516
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 22. Fairies, Pirates, and Charming

Chapter 22. Fairies, Pirates, and Charming.

Well Christmas is over and the New year is upon us, hope everyone has a great new year and sticks to those resolutions at least till February.

Here is something I like to call a "real life sound bite"

the other night while putting parker to bed, we came across this encounter.

Parker while hugging candi,

Parker:
Your the best mommy ever.

Candi:
Well I cant end the hug now, ill let it linger.

Parker: (one after another he said these and many more)
We will always be together.

Big hugs mean I love you

Your beautiful like a princess mommy

lets just stay like this forever

I love you daddy but i love mommy more

the last one- I love you mommy...opps i just farted.

that cleared the room...gotta love his sweetness then being all boy at the end.

that concludes this real life sound bite.

So we have now entered what i guess you could call 'old' fantasy land

we parked the strollers by peter pan, but realized we didnt want to wait in the line for the ride so instead got fast passes for about an hours time later.

and since we were there we ended up sailing away on the happiest little boat ever.

noelle like it she was amazed at the sights and pointed out everything along with her brother.

i have no issues with this ride, i actually enjoy it despite what many others feel about it...so i wont bore you with tons of pictures of the ride, just this last one with reference to the kingdom keepers books.

there is a part in the story where they are on the ride looking for a clue in the ride of the biggest son on property...that would be this one.

when on the ride they notice the dolls snap off there places and jump in the water after the boat...and may or may not start biting them when they catch up to them.

i turn to candi and say which one do you think will chase us down first...she got the creeps on that.

i wont spoil anymore of the part in case anyone is planning on reading the books.

after our happy little cruise, we were on our way to find tink and her friends.

we came across our beloved donald in his giddyup and needed to stop as we never saw him with this outfit before.

noelle sort of liked him at first then went to the comfort of burying herself in candi. parked loved meeting him.

we found the temporary tink greeting spot by the dole whip stand and went in even though the wait said 45 minutes they had a movie playing clips on the wall so that passed the time somewhat slowly

actually it did help some. but it was still at least a 45 minute wait. and we knew it would not get any shorter in the day.

we enter the fairy garden and tink loves what she sees.

a little tinker dressed up like her with wings and all.

noelle wasnt so sure of her larger than life size reflection

parker did however enjoy meeting her. tink was very nice and explained about her wings and didnt know at first why they glowed until she meet her sister which we would meet shortly.

tink was trying to win her over.

looks like she won a little bit a picture was taken.

parker was itching to see tinks sister and kept sneaking peeks at her.

im thinking he liked her.

he had much better interaction with her...she told him all about how tink made ice skates out of a paper clip and went on and on about her world.

parker was eating it up.

yep im thinking he dug her, looks like he whispered a little bit of sweet nothings in her ear.

After our fairy encounter it was time to head back and use our fastpasses for peter pan.

we were cuting it close to the window ending on when we could use them.

as we park the stroller and head in line we notice the sign about 7 minutes past when our ticket says.

I walk up to the CM working and hand flash the fast passes he says they passed, i say we just got out of a line for tink that was longer than the listed time and know we missed it by a few minutes but can we still enter.

he looks at the CM next to him...(he is a CM in training) and she looks at them and hands them back to the training CM and says its your call, your line.

He looks at us and the little tink I am holding then at parker and says okay go ahead. little cute kid pixie dust works.

way to charm the pants off him my children.

time for some flying pirate boats.

I really liked this picture of the ride, i knew it would not turn out great because of the low light and didnt turn on the flash but liked how it made them sort of glow in the ride.

new chapter listed next.

Blessed by the Best
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #517
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 23. Will he brave Splash Mountain

Chapter 23. Will he brave Splash Mountain.

After leaving Pirates I decided it was a good time as any to test the Splash Mountain on Parker. He was in great spirits just getting off Peter Pan so why not.

Instead of taking the path that leads over the ride where they come down the big hill I took the first path that goes away from the big hill and where the boats are already at the bottom of the hill as to make the big drop that much farther away.

I told him it was a big log boat like he road that summer except that daddy could sit next to him instead of behind him. He was sort of on board for that.

Doesnt this face say I'm ready to rock and roll.

A little photo evidence of where he was.

i could tell he was on the fence about it and to reassure him kept picking him and talking to him about things he was seeing in line to keep his mind off of what could go wrong or scare him about the ride....just kept everything positive.

Then we come across this sign.

hey daddy what does that sign say?

umm, it says that is the log ride and a fun "little" hill we are going to go down.

I left out the words plung, turbulent, high speeds, sudden drops etc. from the description of the sign.

we make it through the first building and back around outside to head up the stairs...

doing good so far...

just have the pesky little dark hallway that goes "under" the tree/mountain ahead of us to deal with and comfort him.

I pass the time by talking to him and carrying him for most of it, so he wont be scared of the dark tunnel walkway...and point out the silly creature coves we are passing, and how he can look around and see the roots of the tree that are on the ceiling.

we finally can see the windows ahead to show the ride and he wants to check it out.

see bud nothing to worry about we just sit and relax next to each other alot of people like this ride.

we make it to the our gated line.

no turning back now.

moment of truth doors open up....

what happens next...well
we set off no turning back now.

this will be great or this will be disaster.
what does this face tell you.

tells me daddy im not so sure about this....okay i read that, time to work the magic of comfort...check out this check out that, and so forth.

look at the bird house buddy.

huh this isnt so bad daddy.

then its back inside the mountain and into the laughing place down the dark hill ahh nuts, looks like we have a hidden buddy on our hands.

he burys himself into me and i hold him tight to reasure him it will be okay.

we head up the big hill for the decent,

at the top of the hill ready to go down.

and parker dissapears...no photo proof from disneys end that he was on the ride.

at the bottom of the hill i tap him and say buddy how was it?
he looks up .

then looks around and says, i had no idea i even went down the hill i couldnt feel anything.

smiles all around and the lady in the front of us smiles and him and says good job.

looks like it was a success and something we could do again later.

time to meet back up with the rest of the group and see what else we can get into.

we met candi and noelle by the play area and momma was thrilled that parker enjoyed it so much.

Blessed by the Best
Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #518
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I am loving Noelle's Tinkerbell dress!! She looks so cute! And how fun she got to meet Tinkerbell that day.

How much later than your FP time were you? I am surprised they were on the fence about letting you ride.

I had to laugh out loud about the whole "What does that sign say?" conversation with Parker. It reminds me of the same thing with my Little Guy. Now he is learning to read, so that is getting harder to do! Haha!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #519
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Fairy area looks great.

Love the expression on Tinks face when she sees Noelle.

Looks like Parker is a ladies man with Silvermist or whatever her name is

Glad they let you all on Peter pan.

We took Trent on Splash once and he hated it. He didn't cry. he just hated the way it made his stomach feel. He said he go on it again when he is 20
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #520
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Been reading your story over the past week, and it sounds like your trip was fantastic! I'm going to be staying at AoA in a few weeks and your pictures have got me so pumped!

I love all your photopass pictures too. I'm actually considering it for my trip. It'll be me and my sister, and I'm usually the photographer so it seems like a good way to get some nice pictures of both of us!

Anyways, can't wait to hear more!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
Old 12-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #522
marvali
DIS Veteran

Nice updates! The new dumbo ride does look pretty cool with the water added. Love the interaction with the fairies, and so cute how Noelle fluctuates between being okay and then still needing Mommy for safety.

And tell Parker he did a great job on Splash Mountain. Such a brave boy!!!

But he didn't get nearly wet enough to have truly enjoyed it......

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #523
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Kids are the best....sorry that Parker is choosing mommy as his fave right now...a fart makes it all better though.

That's amazing that Parker went on Splash!

Great updates all round! Parker is sooo big! I remember when you called? texted? that he was born. OY. I feel old.

Y'all look great!
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #524
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Parker and Noelle had some fun moments here.

Congrats to Noelle for meeting the fairies
and to Parker for conquering Splash Mountain.

Too funny you could not see him in the picture.

You seemed to get sprayed and kept Parker from getting wet.

It is not the drop but the water cannons that will soak you ..... I know.

Glad both kids liked IASW and PP.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 12-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #525
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great updates Dan !!Tell Parker he is much braver than Miss Rosie , !!!A Fart at the end of a Lovey Dovey session is just sooooo boy !!Loved the pix of the Fairies and the kids. Noelle is soo cute in the costume !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: