Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #451
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,601

Chicago looks great. That reflective thing, Milennium park I think you said, looks so cool. Guy in your first pic who was wearing a red jacket and legs were bent, was cracking me up. Look like he was doing some cowboy dancing or something, like he was giddying up

Such cool pics. Zoo lights look like a lot of fun

Love Noelle's Ninja skills. Glad she warmed up to them somewhat. I got my best friend's daughter that same pillow pet. He is so soft
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #452
Aburns8
DIS Veteran
 
Aburns8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, VA (used to be MI)
Posts: 1,333

Oh, how I miss Chicago. Thank you for the pics.

I love seeing Parker's reactions to the characters. He has such great enthusiasm when he sees them. You can tell that you change once you have a kid, it is all about seeing it through their eyes.
__________________
Andrea Brian DS (1) Louie Lucky Leo
Aburns8 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #453
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,381

Well, your day in Downtown Chicago was the perfect day for it...we had a lovely weekend (although I've never heard Chicago called "mystical land" before.

The pictures are great and sounds like a lovely day. You've certainly convinced me to go to the Lights in the Zoo which I've never done and have lived here all my life.

LOVE the character interaction that Parker had; and Noelle is the cutest little ninja I have ever seen; love the pictures with Pluto. And she sure has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #454
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,802

What a fun family pre-Christmas in Chicago! Just looked like the "picture perfect" day - the kids are getting so big and so stinkin' cute!

Okay, I got a little confused - I was looking at the Chicago pics - thinking that we had some of those 3D glasses last year - then looking at Candi and the kids on the monorail - noticing that Noelle was pulling the youngest sibling, "just hugging" ninja trick they all do...Hmmm, characters, food - Chef Mickey's - IN CHICAGO? Oh... back to our regularly scheduled TR??? Okay - I'm with you now!

CM looks so fun! Alot like Goofy's Kitchen at DLR. I'm thinking we should do that one instead of Tusker House in July - way more fun activities and interaction I think. And we can ride the monorail into the hotel - the kids will love that!

I love Noelle's shy warming up to the characters. She really loved her Pluto!
MAGICFOR2 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #455
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran
 
Marsheliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,818

Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun...
I will have to check into that on our next trip- I want to change up our usual ADR's and do something different
__________________
Me ( 29) DH (30) DS (5) DS (2)
In Memory of my mama... 10-15-56- 04-10-13
Second Star to the Right and Straight on Till Morning

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!


October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #456
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

Forgot the NINJA hand touching picture

thats what i get for posting three updates so shortly back to back. the second post is updated now to include the picture of her ninja minnie touch
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #457
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

in case you guys didnt see it, i added the picture to show her touching minnie in the picture that we didnt see happen live.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Omg, she is precious! Love her Ninja skills...and the pluto pillow pet at the end.

Jill in CO
thanks she is a sneaky one,
those pillow pets are awesome i want one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Ha !! I love your ninja story !! We always bring home a pillow pet, too. This time it was Lady. And you have to admit .... they are super soft and cuddly.
they are very soft and cuddly i wanted one but didnt get one. i wish they would come out with a donald one.

parker already had a dino one at home but he got a mickey one this trip also.

what other ones do you have.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
How precious is that!
And Chicago is the best! We used to go all the time when I lived in Iowa. We did a lot of field trips to the Brookfield zoo and such. I'm trying to get DH to agree to a little trip down there but it's a long way from Colorado!
It looks AWESOME for Christmas, though so maybe I'll get lucky and the Avs will play the Blackhawks in November or something. I can only hope I guess.
i think this is your first post if so if not, back.

it is a lot of fun at christmas as long as you have a decent warm day.

but nothing beats it in the summer when you can walk around all day and enjoy everything. even the beach.

doesnt look like you will get that hockey wish this year but maybe next year.

hope you make it back to the city.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Awe how cute!

I love how excited your son gets with the characters.
that was a great memory throughout this trip, we loved it. making me want to go back next year even though we dont have a trip planned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a fun way to surprise your kids! You just have to take a couple of pics and tell us about it here after Christmas!

Yes, this is a wonderful Disney family - many fun adventures and friendships are found here - and it helps us dream of Disney until our own next trip!
i agree she should try the report again after this trip.




Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Aw those pictures of Noelle with the characters are so precious. She really liked them at the end. I loved her faces! Parker's pic with Mickey is so adorable.


I was just at that Macy's in Chicago two weeks ago! I only saw it at night though. It was still pretty. Noelle bundled up is the cutest thing ever!
she did start to really warm up to them, after this she did a good job of taking her book up to them to have themsign it.

thats cool, we had a good time, did you get to walk around more than macys?
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #458
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

FYI added the minnie hand touching to the second post so you could see it really happened.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Chicago looks great. That reflective thing, Milennium park I think you said, looks so cool. Guy in your first pic who was wearing a red jacket and legs were bent, was cracking me up. Look like he was doing some cowboy dancing or something, like he was giddying up
nice catch. i didnt see that, looks like he is doing a few things there.
1. cowboy dance you suggested.
2. getting ready to bust into some gangyman style dance moves
3. working the artful move of getting the wedgie out without using the hands move.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Such cool pics. Zoo lights look like a lot of fun

Love Noelle's Ninja skills. Glad she warmed up to them somewhat. I got my best friend's daughter that same pillow pet. He is so soft
thanks,
you are right those pillows are the softest things out there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aburns8 View Post
Oh, how I miss Chicago. Thank you for the pics.

I love seeing Parker's reactions to the characters. He has such great enthusiasm when he sees them. You can tell that you change once you have a kid, it is all about seeing it through their eyes.
your welcome, glad you enjoyed the pictures.

your right, it isnt that important to hit up your rides anymore and you could care less when you dont get on them.
you just want to see them smile the whole day and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Well, your day in Downtown Chicago was the perfect day for it...we had a lovely weekend (although I've never heard Chicago called "mystical land" before.
i meant if you joined it would have been a true mystical land.

its all about using your imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The pictures are great and sounds like a lovely day. You've certainly convinced me to go to the Lights in the Zoo which I've never done and have lived here all my life.
just know it is nothing compared to osbourn lights but still pretty neat to see. and shame on you for not enjoying your city ms kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
LOVE the character interaction that Parker had; and Noelle is the cutest little ninja I have ever seen; love the pictures with Pluto. And she sure has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.
i wont deny any of that, especially her in her new winter hat, pretty stinking cute.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a fun family pre-Christmas in Chicago! Just looked like the "picture perfect" day - the kids are getting so big and so stinkin' cute!

Okay, I got a little confused - I was looking at the Chicago pics - thinking that we had some of those 3D glasses last year - then looking at Candi and the kids on the monorail - noticing that Noelle was pulling the youngest sibling, "just hugging" ninja trick they all do...Hmmm, characters, food - Chef Mickey's - IN CHICAGO? Oh... back to our regularly scheduled TR??? Okay - I'm with you now!

she has that little sibling move down to an art...she is always starting stuff.

very funny that you thought we were still in chicago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
CM looks so fun! Alot like Goofy's Kitchen at DLR. I'm thinking we should do that one instead of Tusker House in July - way more fun activities and interaction I think. And we can ride the monorail into the hotel - the kids will love that!

I love Noelle's shy warming up to the characters. She really loved her Pluto!
the interaction is great, but you getout of it what you put into it with the characters...we saw some familys just wave to them or ask for a picture and no talking to them,

the lady next to us had each character dance the hot dog dance with her kids and they did so they totally play off you and your group. some dont care for the food there but i love it. mickey mac and cheese all gooey and sliced prime rib, and carving station, and the deserts are pretty good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun...
I will have to check into that on our next trip- I want to change up our usual ADR's and do something different
we hit up chef mickeys on each trip the kids love it, and we of course love the interaction of the characters. and like it said above the food we all enjoy as well.

__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #459
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,601

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
thats what i get for posting three updates so shortly back to back. the second post is updated now to include the picture of her ninja minnie touch
Glad it was not me, thought I was going crazy as I couldn't see her touching Minnie like you were talking about
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #460
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 7,680

Looks like a great time in Chicago! I love that city. We had an awesome time there last summer (got to meet Kathy too!). Shameless plug alert: link to "Rust Belt Road Trip" report in my signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
all rested up we were ready to head to dinner. Do we take the most direct route to MK, nope, lets go to Epcot and hitch a ride on the monorail, who doesnt love a monorail ride?
Agreed. It's not a Disney trip unless you ride the monorail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
as we are walking up to get on the resort monorail. parker asks the CM for a trading card, and he gets his first one of the trip.
Those are cool. My kids started collecting them last time we were down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Hey dad theres a monorail, the one thing that can always turn his attention and every time we saw one even at the end of the trip, he yelled theres a monorail again. i think we have an obsession starting.
Something about boys and trains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
while in line to get our picture taken at the overpriced plate ( i swear if they just made them 10 bucks every family would pick one up and they wouldnt have to throw away 90% of the turn downs that they get.) but lets continue on.
Ain't that the truth? We figure there must be a lot of suckers out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
someone loved the towel twirling.
Throw your food onto someone else's table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
noelle spotted something on the shelf and instantly started the baby grunt, pointing at it...we realized this is what she wanted us to show her.
Uh oh. Danger Will Robinson...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
needless to say i was onto that little ninja and her sneaky ways of getting that stuffed pillow pet to come home with us.

and yes she did win and yes she had it that night it sleeps with her each night in her bed to this day...
Wrapped you around her finger!

Looks like Chef Mickey's was a good time. I don't understand the bad reviews it gets--I've always liked it.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #461
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad it was not me, thought I was going crazy as I couldn't see her touching Minnie like you were talking about
i was suprised when i noticed it htis morning that no one said anything to me about it...but i figured people were thinking it, so i wanted to let you know it was now up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like a great time in Chicago! I love that city. We had an awesome time there last summer (got to meet Kathy too!). Shameless plug alert: link to "Rust Belt Road Trip" report in my signature.
will have to check that out...thanks for the heads up.

it is a great city alot of things to do thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Agreed. It's not a Disney trip unless you ride the monorail.

Those are cool. My kids started collecting them last time we were down there.
very true, usually it is a first day thing for us but we got in later than planned the first day so no monorail ride.

side story, on our 1 year trip, a CM at the platform, gave me three complete sets of the monorail cards...well i kept one full set, and figured i would brighten a young kids day by giving away the other two sets.

go figure both little kids we gave a full set to just looked at the cards and said thanks with a blank face, and tossed them on there table they were sitting at. parents werent even thankful...i almost grabbed them back.


i do have one complete set of the monorails,(about 13 i think) busses,(3 or 4) and boats.(6 of these, they just added 3 new ones this last year)

if i think of it ill take a picture of them

i have them put away so they dont get all bent up and will give them to parker when he is older.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Something about boys and trains.
no matter how many thomas, geotrax, or manual trains they want more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Throw your food onto someone else's table!
i bet it has happened where someone has spit something into there napkin then it flys out after they forget about it while twirling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Looks like Chef Mickey's was a good time. I don't understand the bad reviews it gets--I've always liked it.
us too, some people just hate there food, but we dont mind it, its good to us, and the characters are what you put in is what you get out type of interaction, they are prob trained that if people are not putting effort into it to leave them alone they might not want bothered.
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #462
Sam33
DIS Veteran
 
Sam33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i think this is your first post if so if not, back.

it is a lot of fun at christmas as long as you have a decent warm day.

but nothing beats it in the summer when you can walk around all day and enjoy everything. even the beach.

doesnt look like you will get that hockey wish this year but maybe next year.

hope you make it back to the city.
First comment! I read all your other trip reports after the fact.
And there WILL be a season. I haven't given up hope yet. In 94 they didn't get a deal done until January 11th and had a 40 game season. There's still time!
Sam33 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #463
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post




she did start to really warm up to them, after this she did a good job of taking her book up to them to have themsign it.

thats cool, we had a good time, did you get to walk around more than macys?
Yeah I di! It was amazing. I couldn't believe how many levels there were. I loved taking the elevator to the top and then taking the escalator down and taking pictures. I actually have to go back to Chicago for 1 day next week so I am going to head that way and get cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery which is across the street from that Macy's
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #464
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,757

Chicago looks great! I've never been and would like to go one day.

Chef Mickey's is so much fun. We went there during our 2010 trip and had a blast. I'm surprised Noelle didn't go straight for Pluto's nose! Isn't that what most young kids do? I always see pictures of that. It looks like she found her favorite character with Pluto!

Cow looking thing? Isn't Goofy a dog?
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #465
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy
 
FauntleroyFAN07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls
Posts: 8,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
First comment! I read all your other trip reports after the fact.
And there WILL be a season. I haven't given up hope yet. In 94 they didn't get a deal done until January 11th and had a 40 game season. There's still time!
well thanks for taking the time to read along in them.

i really hope so, not for the players or owners but for the people that work the day to day jobs that are out of work right now, sucks for them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yeah I di! It was amazing. I couldn't believe how many levels there were. I loved taking the elevator to the top and then taking the escalator down and taking pictures. I actually have to go back to Chicago for 1 day next week so I am going to head that way and get cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery which is across the street from that Macy's
it is a neat store, we didnt go in this time we had alot of stops as you read about.

have a fun trip back, and enjoy your sweets that you pick up. hope it is nice weather so you can walk around some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Chicago looks great! I've never been and would like to go one day.

Chef Mickey's is so much fun. We went there during our 2010 trip and had a blast. I'm surprised Noelle didn't go straight for Pluto's nose! Isn't that what most young kids do? I always see pictures of that. It looks like she found her favorite character with Pluto!

Cow looking thing? Isn't Goofy a dog?
it really is a fun city alot of things to do. we love going in the summer and just walking around and hanging out.


we always have a good time there as well, she likes to touch hands so i think she felt safe doing that with the characters. she does love dogs so i was glad she felt comfy with him...i wonder how her character taste will change, i hope she always has a soft spot for pluto though.

i think i think of him as a cow looking thing, because of clarabel cow...they look sort of similiar, but he might be a dog...i have no clue what he is suppose to be?
__________________
ME ~ DW ~DS ~ DD

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: