Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #436
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Nah I was just kidding...

I honestly know of nothing you can put in the water to react if someone pees.

We use to joke they was a red dye which probably started from the phenol red we use to test teh pH of the water.

Now that darker blue patch can be from a variety of things. Usually the Florida sun will fade out vinyl or fiberglass, so that may be a crazy patch that spends more time in the shade.

Sometimes if that was patched, the color is darker and will fade unevenly.

Now that I have geeked out on what might have caused that....

I am really proud of Parker going over and over again by himself. He seems to really enjoy the water.
that wasnt nerd pool talk at all.

but i do appreciate the info, it will make me that much smarter next time someone asks me what that different color in the water park pool/slide bottom is. i will blow them away with my knowledge.

he did a great job running up, but we had to keep reminding him to make sure he went on what he said he was, so he didnt end up on the other side of the kiddie section with us not finding him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
As long as there are no UFO's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Looks like you had a blast at BB! Parker is grinning from ear to ear! In all my times visiting Disney World, I never found the time to go to any of the water parks. I guess I can take or leave water slides, especially when there's all the other parks to visit, and so little time...
it is true, with all there is to do, it does take out some extra time, thats why we enjoy adding more days onto the trip, we had 12 full days this time, so we were able to slow down and relax a little without going gangbusters each day.

but if you ever do have the time to go to one, i hope that my info helps you decide which one you would like more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a fun relaxing day and that breakfast looks great! I love the pictures on your way out of BB, really fun. Catch and release

I've always worried that BB will be a bit too blinding white for me, we've only done TL but you guys sure had a great day there.

Parker is just having an absolute blast, it radiates from the pictures.
the white snow features, will help the pasty people fit in. or if you are rocking a nice tan it will make it that much deeper.

he did have a ball he loves the pools and water play areas.
it was hard to get him to leave each day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Hey Dan!

We are going to tell them Christmas morning. I'm having a puzzle made of one of our photos from Disney with the words January 2013 at the bottom. I am going to tell them that there is a clue to a special present on the puzzle so they will put it together right away!

Our daughter is 9 and she will help her brother who is 4 figure out what it means. Then I"m going to have the tickets in plastic cases in their stockings and I"m planning mickey pancakes and "jambo" juice for breakfast. They adore the juice at Boma and it will be fun to chat about our Disney plans over breakfast.

We will be there from January 19 through 26th at Saratoga springs.

In case I hadn't mentioned it before, I really appreciate you guys who are able to do trip reports! You, Marvali, Glennbo, and the others that log in to read your reports and put their links in! I've tried, but I just don't have the ability to log my trip like you guys do - but I so enjoy reading about your experiences and families. When it's a bad day at work or just plain dreary out, it's so nice to be able to log on and get a little magic and pixie dust.

Thanks.
that sounds like a great way to tell them, very cool. and i like the idea on making the disney themed breakfast.

your welcome, i enjoy writing them...the nice thing is you can be as detailed or laid back as you want. it is fun to extend the trip and keep reliving it after you get home.

you dont have to be so generous with marv, he only does an update every other month...so i know that you really meant to leave his name off there.

hope you continue to enjoy the report.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #437
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great time was had by all at Blizzard Beach. We have to get there one of these days. It sounded like you and Candi did a good job trading off between Parker and Noelle.

Parker was obviously very proud of his sand bucket. That was a great idea somebody had, to serve kid's meals in a bucket.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #438
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
As long as there are no UFO's!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #439
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Looks like a great time was had by all at Blizzard Beach. We have to get there one of these days. It sounded like you and Candi did a good job trading off between Parker and Noelle.

Parker was obviously very proud of his sand bucket. That was a great idea somebody had, to serve kid's meals in a bucket.
you guys would really enjoy it...alot to do for the whole family.

thanks, we tried to keep it special for both so one wasnt sitting for long at all waiting for the other.

he was very proud of it, one of his prized posessions.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #440
katt789
DIS Veteran

What a great day! Nice and relaxing and taking it slow, that's awesome!! I haven't been to any of the waterparks yet, not sure if I'll actually go one of these days or not, who knows? Haha, they look like they're a lot of fun!!

I loved the music under the water at AoA, I do wish I had heard Dory/Nemo talking though, that'd be awesome!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #441
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
What a great day! Nice and relaxing and taking it slow, that's awesome!! I haven't been to any of the waterparks yet, not sure if I'll actually go one of these days or not, who knows? Haha, they look like they're a lot of fun!!

I loved the music under the water at AoA, I do wish I had heard Dory/Nemo talking though, that'd be awesome!
thanks, we always enjoy them, but our family loves water and water parks, so that helps. i have more days to report on the water parks coming up so that might sway you to trying it next time.

the music was cool, i heard squirt/crush under there one time, and fish laughing, but i ran out of air and had to come back up, so not sure if there was more stuff like that played between songs or not.

Blessed by the Best
Old 12-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #442
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 17. Living Life

Some people like to call the time when you are not at disney the in between, or real life updates.

I like to call it the Living Life. Why stop living life and having a blast when you are not on vacation, make special moments with your family/friends all the time.

Do these things have to cost a ton of money, nope, can they be free absolutely, are they fun, as long as you put a little effort in they are.

Our family outings dont just stop when the camping season comes to a close up here in the midwest. We find other things to occupy our time and make memories for the kids, and us of course.

This last Saturday we ventured off to the mystical land of Chicago for a fun family day. It was a great weather day for December. hovering around 60 degrees all day long.

We walked down Michigan Ave. and stopped at the Disney store (see disney related trip), a quick look turned into a quick buy. There were some disney chicago skyline shirts with mickey on clearance for 3 bucks. how could we pass that up, and then 40%off decorations, so a tree skirt with mickey and minnie was had to replace our current one, plus we had a 10 off coupon. brought the 70 dollar tree skirt to a more managable 32 bucks.

a bell ringer asked parker if he wanted to give the bells a go around.

he happily accepted.

while my dad ran the purchases back to the parking garage a mere 4 blocks away we ventured off to the plaza by the WGN radio and NBC building.

for giant christmas tree #1 of the day. also the spot where they filmed the Chicago Christmas kickoff parade with mickey and friends lighting the lights from. (disney related #2 item of the day)

ohh and in case you read along our last report where we went with my parents here they are again.

The reflective Bean that is Millenium park

provides alot of fun photo ops for people.
the kids underneath it.

under it looking up at all the different angles you can make out.

one of our favorite family portraits that we take with the skyline behind us.

i like how you can see us in the reflection taking her picture.

behind us you can look down on the skating rink that they were using the zamboni on took a panaromic of to show more of it.

then we ventured off to our favorite area of the park where the kids play in the water during the summer also where we met mrs kathy this summer.

dont you love her new winter hat, its a dog and keeps her head nice and warm.

then we moved along toward state street to see the window decorations along the sidewalks.

this year had a theme of the history of macys, (at least i think that is what it was, i forget now.
but the first window had virginia from the yes virginia show that is on every christmas.

a little shopping for the ladies at old navy we continued on to the big tree #2 at daly plaza. this building plaza has been in a lot of movies, from the batman movies, to blues brothers, to the fugitive, to the lake house where sandra bullock is sitting when he gets hit by the bus.

then we had an early dinner late lunch at Maggianos. We love there food, very good italian, they have a classic section of the menu where you order one item to eat there then take another home with you. Very large portions.

One thing was we usually have great service, but this time the waiter was the slowest i have had anyway in my life, he would leave to get something and be gone at least 5 if not 10 minutes to get it. and he had 2 tables. it was getting really close to when we needed to leave for our next destination so we were trying to stack things at the end like can you get our sons dessert that came with his meal and bring our to go meals.

okay meals came out forgot sons ice cream.

can we have our ice cream and the bill please.

okay bill comes, forgot ice cream.

goes to next table, comes back, ask if we can have the ice cream.

and parker must have picked up on how we were saying he was so slow that it went like this.

Me: "can we please just have our sons desert now, and make it to go we are running late" (this was at least 20 minutes after we first asked for his ice cream)

Parker says loudly: (as the guy is walking away) "and make it fast"

the table behind parker (the other table who the guy was waiting on) just cracks up into full on belly shaking laughs.

I look at the dad and say well he has a point, he told me I know we come here at least every few months and this is the slowest i have had service in my life.

When he brought the ice cream to go about 5 minutes later. candi said he didnt bring a to go spoon, how will he eat it.

I grab the spoon from the table wipe it off in the napkin throw it in my pocket and say problem solved.

The table of ladies behind me just crack up laughing and say i would have done the same thing...so even they knew how slow he was being.

parker munched down his ice cream on the walk back to the parking garage. we loaded up and headed towards lincoln park zoo. for the zoo lights.

we love doing this and it is a great set up, not disney osbourn lights have you but still pretty good.
and the zoo is free.

a few pictures to show what we were working with,

all of the animals are out as well, or in there inside enclosures so that is fun as well.

the open lawn has a light show to music that plays all night.

tell me you dont want to take one of these stuffed animals home with you.

something i have not seen in the safari ride in AK. colored zebras but something they should add to there ride.

another really neat thing when you enter is they hand out 3D glasses, this year they had either reindeer or santa ones, we got two of each, this is what the santa ones look like when you look through them. I took a picture in the parking lot so you can make it out a little easier...pretty neat in my book.

coming up next chapter...we hit up chef mickeys.

Blessed by the Best
Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #443
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 18. The Sneaky Ninja Plans her next move.

Chapter 18. The Sneaky Ninja Plans her next move.

all rested up we were ready to head to dinner. Do we take the most direct route to MK, nope, lets go to Epcot and hitch a ride on the monorail, who doesnt love a monorail ride?

Noelle was looking a little bit mischievous to me

Yep she was up to something. it didnt even faze candi.

well now she needed to step in as it looks as though noelle was really smashing parkers head.

as we are walking up to get on the resort monorail. parker asks the CM for a trading card, and he gets his first one of the trip.

as we travel around we notice a little bit left to do on the GF DVC but they are almost there.

We get up close and personal as we pass the MK, kids glued to the window...dont worry guys we will be there tomorrow. Just giving them a tester of the next day.

This is our destination. Parkers favorite restaurant.

Hey dad theres a monorail, the one thing that can always turn his attention and every time we saw one even at the end of the trip, he yelled theres a monorail again. i think we have an obsession starting.

while in line to get our picture taken at the overpriced plate ( i swear if they just made them 10 bucks every family would pick one up and they wouldnt have to throw away 90% of the turn downs that they get.) but lets continue on.

the buzzer goes off and we are lead to our table right away. When we are asked our drink order we see minnie coming into our section. all right character interaction right off the bat.

lets see how the kids do.

parker is a go for it.

noelle not so much.

this is the first time i noticed but, Noelle was pulling out her secret ninja moves and touching minnie as this is taken. I think she may have something up her sleeve. Neither Candi or I saw this or noticed it live as it was happening.

Totally forgot to add this picture the first time around so here it is.

Pluto was soon after but we had time for candi to run up and get parkers and noelles food for them.

noelle wanted nothing to do with pluto and opted to stay siting by me.( all part of her plan).

so parker took her book and had pluto sign it, and cracked up at how he gave it back.

now a formal picture. with the ever serious pluto.

with a quick break being seen ahead of us candi had time to run up and get her food. then it was time for the celebration song.

someone loved the towel twirling.

and look who stopped by to celebrate with parker, he loved this.

for the celebration song the server brought out a cupcake for me and candi our anniversary and it was noted that we were also celebrating noelles first visit so she had one...and parker looked at him like what am i chopped liver?

so after the song one was brought out for him special and he was thrilled.

after the song i saw mickey was a few tables away and i had time to run and get my first plate, according to the time stamps i found it was 42 minutes after we were seated, but i didnt want to miss a character with the kids...and it was well worth it so far, we always enjoy chef mickeys and the characters there.

after the next picture candi realized that parker was so happy to see mickey again after yesterday that he was almost crying.

with his best friend.

noelle still not having any of it, and playing us deeper into her ninja sneaky moves.

so onto our next interaction which is none other than goofy.

and what would a goofy interaction be without an inappropriate character grab

that seems like a natural place to have a chapter break and since my pictures are getting big for this chapter another good place to transition.

next up the ninja strikes.

Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 12-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #444
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 19. The Sneaky Ninja Strikes.

more plates were grabbed before donald arrived.

little ninja didnt want to see him at all.

minnie made her way back for round 2 of interactions.

then the kids were done eating but i was still just getting started having had a slight disadvantage in the start time.

so candi took parker to the restroom, and me and noelle hung out for a while. soon the music started for another round of celebration and she was cutting a rug in her chair. i handed her a napkin but that only lasted long enough for candi to get a video of it while i took a picture of them.

ahh the cupcakes we all love to eat and hate to love.

noelle was getting a little antsy now and kept looking around, i was wondering what her move was here and it wasnt mommy i want held, but something else up her sleeve.

she sees something. what is it.

huh, lets see how this plays out.

mommy isnt holding her she is all on her own now.

okay he is bigger than i realize, mommy you hold me again. but help me touch his paw a little bit.

okay he isnt so bad i can do this on my own...is what she wants us to think, she knew what she was doing the moment she was touching minnies finger, she was testing the water way back at the beginning of this chapter.

lets go back to the paw again.

he wasnt so bad after all, i think i liked him.

lets try another character.

huh i kinda like this cow looking thing.

even though we were done we could not leave without seeing donald again who just entered the room, that was by parkers request.

the interaction with pluto was priceless to us and we were so glad she enjoyed meeting them.

bill all settled up it was time to browse the shops some.

noelle spotted something on the shelf and instantly started the baby grunt, pointing at it...we realized this is what she wanted us to show her.

needless to say i was onto that little ninja and her sneaky ways of getting that stuffed pillow pet to come home with us.

and yes she did win and yes she had it that night it sleeps with her each night in her bed to this day...

i am impressed with her ninja sneaky skills and knowing how to work me already.

Blessed by the Best
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #445
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Omg, she is precious! Love her Ninja skills...and the pluto pillow pet at the end.

Jill in CO
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #447
Sam33
DIS Veteran

How precious is that!
And Chicago is the best! We used to go all the time when I lived in Iowa. We did a lot of field trips to the Brookfield zoo and such. I'm trying to get DH to agree to a little trip down there but it's a long way from Colorado!
It looks AWESOME for Christmas, though so maybe I'll get lucky and the Avs will play the Blackhawks in November or something. I can only hope I guess.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #448
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Awe how cute!

I love how excited your son gets with the characters.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #449
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elianor View Post
Hey Dan!

We are going to tell them Christmas morning. I'm having a puzzle made of one of our photos from Disney with the words January 2013 at the bottom. I am going to tell them that there is a clue to a special present on the puzzle so they will put it together right away!

Our daughter is 9 and she will help her brother who is 4 figure out what it means. Then I"m going to have the tickets in plastic cases in their stockings and I"m planning mickey pancakes and "jambo" juice for breakfast. They adore the juice at Boma and it will be fun to chat about our Disney plans over breakfast.

We will be there from January 19 through 26th at Saratoga springs.

In case I hadn't mentioned it before, I really appreciate you guys who are able to do trip reports! You, Marvali, Glennbo, and the others that log in to read your reports and put their links in! I've tried, but I just don't have the ability to log my trip like you guys do - but I so enjoy reading about your experiences and families. When it's a bad day at work or just plain dreary out, it's so nice to be able to log on and get a little magic and pixie dust.

Thanks.
What a fun way to surprise your kids! You just have to take a couple of pics and tell us about it here after Christmas!

Yes, this is a wonderful Disney family - many fun adventures and friendships are found here - and it helps us dream of Disney until our own next trip!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #450
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Aw those pictures of Noelle with the characters are so precious. She really liked them at the end. I loved her faces! Parker's pic with Mickey is so adorable.

I was just at that Macy's in Chicago two weeks ago! I only saw it at night though. It was still pretty. Noelle bundled up is the cutest thing ever!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: