Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #391
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Chapter 14. It was all started with a Mouse.

Chapter 14. It was all started with a Mouse.

After our mini photoshoot on main street, we decided that the kids needed to see where it all began. So to one mans dream it was.

I will show most of the pictures walking through as the kids interaction with the man who created what we all love was pretty good.

Noelle has an instant love for Walt.

They both enjoyed seeing displays of how things were designed and made from models.

I really like this picture of parker just taking in the castle image.

hopefully he grows up into an imagineer and gets me some annual passes.

Has anyone read the Kingdom Keepers books? anyone anyone? if you have you will know what I am talking about if not, then sit back and here is a brief summary.

It entails a group of school aged kids who are holograms in the parks used as tour guides. When they fall asleep at night they end up "crossing" over into the parks to fight off the villians that Disney created. Each book has new areas they visit and new parks etc...Well in one of the books they go into the room where walts desk is located to retrieve a few items. Candi and I had just finished reading the books before we came so it was fun to see different things that we read about in the books, and see things that you might not pay attention to as much. Spolier, they have to get Walts first pen/pencil he used to create drawings from the holder on the desk.

If you havent read them, they are fun to read, I would suggest it if you are a reading person. If not you at least like disney and they are entertaining from that perspective.

So after you finish this update, head to your local library and check out the first book for the long holiday weekend.

So i not only took a picture of the office,

but tried to zoom in as best i could to get the pens, it blurred a little form the glass though.

then switched to panoramic setting for the new fantasyland. Which is tricky for the lighting inside, but it turned out okay, just slightly yellow.

Right after this before we could go see the movie, a certain 4 year old, had to go...and i mean like daddy i gotta go right now....so rushed back through the entrance to the bathroom...then, nah im good, its gone.

So we head toward the hub, on the way we run into Mulch Sweat and Shears playing some music so we have a listen.

they were really good and did a great job getting the crowd involved almost everyone was singing along or dancing or something to the music.
even this cool guy joined in.

then it was onto fantasmic. we browsed the shops on the way to see if we could find something for noelle to play with while waiting for the show to start, but didnt find anything.
as we were dropping the stroller off we saw a family of 6 tupliets? not sure what six identical little girls is called, they also had a few other kids, i gave the dad kudos for handing that many in the parks all day.

after we dropped the stroller off we finally saw the first light up toy stand. Parker had a buzz light year one. from two trips ago so he was set except two of his lights were burnt out.

Noelle picked the minnie dress flying one so she was now set

We found our seats along the left center side and sat towards the top for a quick get away.
her light up minnie is spinning around here.

ten minute later, daddy i gotta p@@p. cutting it close show time was almost upon us. okay lets go, head to the restroom and take care of business. and the few minutes annoucment did not help an antsy little boy by saying no dad im good the show is starting...i convinced him it would wait for us and to finish up.

head back to our seats, and we have get back just in time for the light up toy wave around the stadium...it was reallly cool parker really enjoyed that before show time.

i was excited to see how my new camera would work on night shots of the show without any flash.

they turned out pretty good, here is one of the floats going by zoomed in.

during the villian part of the show parker was not having it, he instantly dropped to my feet and hid behind my legs while the water part and the snake on the stage were going on...this will be a little foreshadowing for the rest of the trip.

then we have the boat at the end that turned out pretty good as well.

after the show, we had the long wait to get out...so we just took our time leaving the theater. before leaving the theater we were looking at the light up toys and since parkers was not working on two of the lights the lady gave him a new one that was working right.

once we did get our stroller candi engaged the PMS skills...

if you read the last few reports she has what we call PMS skills when leaving the parks in the evening...(People Maneuvering Skills) we dogged and darted through many people, and just a tip, when going down the long hallway walk veer off the far right, it comes out at the exit shop for ToT, but there is no one there, and you will pass many people walking slow along the main path and then be able to cut back in and pass them on the main street.

we had to stop for a night time shot on main street, but didnt get one with the photopass.

i think the lady in the pink wanted my stroller she was checking it out pretty hard. It would be funny if she was here on the DIS, if lady in pink is on the DIS, stop in and say hi.

when we made it to the bus, we had to wait for one before us and a second pulled up instantly, we were the last ones on that bus before he shut the doors. nice thing about having the little ones someone always gave candi a seat to sit and hold noelle.

when we got back to the resort, a visit to the gift shop which is our ritual at the end of everyday just to look around was in order. parker did his second trade of the day for a new vinylmation he picked a guy that we had no clue what he was from...but he wanted him.

when we got back to the room we had no towel animals this day, but did have a card and a not from mickey on the table...we had put it was our anniversary trip since it was a day before and noelles first visit.

another new collection we started was parker wanted to start collecting the vinylmation cars..his first one he bought this day ended up being.

fillmore.

once nolle was out of her clothes for the day, she crawled over and laid down for the night,

yeah right she was wired, and ran around the room for 20 minute before her bath time.

kids bathed and ready for bed, i did my timed walk up to the main building to get our mugs filled up, filled mine up with coke and slammed it down in one drink, then filled it up again...and back to the room...round trip 5 minutes...yep the morning TSM fastpass walk can be used just as effectively here.

Back to the room and showered up it was time to lay down and right up a few notes for the day.

Some daily highlights.

1.Finally seeing buzz and woody
2.getting into the park early and on TSM
3.Seeing the kids together on the empty streets of america
4. the magical meet up with mickey mouse.
5. character hugs.

Having the little ones there are things we didnt do because of there size or just because we didnt get to them...Did that make for a bad day of course not, just adds to things for next time.

1. Didnt go on ToT
2. Didnt go on RnRc
3. Missed Indiana Jones, but just kind of forgot about it till later in the day then didnt have time.
4. Forgot to get a cupcake at the starring roles bakery place.

that about does it for full day Number 1 in the parks, Hope everyone has a great thanksgiving and eats to much and has to much fun. If you are traveling travel safe.

Next thing in the report we hit the first of many water parks.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #392
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Great update! I've read all (or maybe almost all) of the Kingdom Keepers books. The one with the cruise ship really made me want to go on a Disney cruise!

Your little ones are adorable. Since I've never been to Disney with anyone under 12, it's fun to see from the perspective of parents.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #393
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Finally got all caught up.

Great day at DHS Dan!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #394
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Love One Man's Dream

This was the first year we saw the movie and I loved it

Cute pics of the kids

Sounds like a great day

Old 11-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #395
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great first day at DHS!

Thanks for the tip on how to get out of the park faster, I will def be using that.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #396
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
it is a great place to learn new things and help make your trip more memorable...and a place to build your knowledge and share with others.
Also a great way to meet some really great people.

I need to get back into One Mans dream to see the Fantasyland model.

Nice way to end the evening and I hope Parker doesn't have too many many more "i'm scared" episodes but I have a feeling there are more.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #397
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

You captured the most perfect LMA shots! I love them!!!

Your descriptions for the photo pass pics are hilarious. I love your daughter's "silly face" with her tongue sticking out even though she didn't know what she was doing.

Also Parker's reaction when he say Stitch in the ground in the pic is hilarious. I chuckled.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #398
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Fun update. I agree, the KK books are cute and do make you look at certain things like OMD very differently!

That is so sweet they traded out Parker's light up toy. Almost as sweet as your passed out baby girl on the bed.

Camera did pretty darn well! Someday I'll figure out how to use my manual settings. It's pathetic. Or wait...a plane project on the way to Hawaii! Which would be fitting as I broke it in for the first time on our last trip there.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #399
marvali
DIS Veteran

Dan, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I hope your turkey is moist!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #400
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Dan. I love seeing the Walt Story (we missed it this trip). I love how Noelle is just looking up at al the exhibits.

You got great pictures at Fantasmic (yep, missed that again this year).

Love the photo from Mickey for your celebration.

Hope you and the family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #401
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Dan! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I am finally all caught up - making the reading rounds one TR at a time!

I have enjoyed yours so much! It is fun to see how much the kids have grown, and how they reacted to the characters and just WDW in general! It is nice they are so easy and go with the flow! Parker is getting to be a Disney expert! I love how Noelle's personality just shows through in the pics - lots of fun!

I have been debating whether the grands will like Fantasmic or not - we don't do scarey at our house, and they don't either so not sure how it will go for them.

Fun shout out to Kingdom Keepers!

Have a great weekend! It's 80 here in Arizona - didn .t feel likeThanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #402
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Hi Dan! I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

Exiting Fantasmic is one of the reason's I don't see that show! It's ok but trying to get in and out of there is madness. I wish it were set up like DL's version.

I read the first Kingdom Keepers and thought it was ok but it didn't hold my interest too much. Does the series get better?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #403
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Dan !! The update was great!! Loved the diaper butt on the bed !!!Great pix at Fantasmic too!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 PM   #404
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the report!

The vinalmation in question is John Henry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_American_Legends
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #405
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Great update! I love the pic of the lady checking out your stroller...I feel like I do that too, because I only have 1 kid and I'm always looking out for a good one for when we go with 2.

Too funny, DS has recently learned to say his name and now he says it all the time when he sees a picture of himself. When he saw Noelle laying down on the bed, he must have thought it was him because he started pointing and saying his name! I guess from the back, they could look alike...blond hair and chunky toddler legs!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: