Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 11:01 AM   #346
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Love all the character pics

Good call snapping pics of when kids first see character. Great interaction

OMG...Noelle and taking Pooh too literally....

Can't wait for more
i learned that last trip i had to tell a few photopass people to wake up and get the picture as they are walking up to them.

she listens

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Dan !!Parker is really into all the characters sooooo cute !!!Noelle added her own surprise to The POOH meet!!!
he had a blast with them, cant wait to finish his autograph book for him with the pictures he will love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ah, it seems like a great day you guys really are having at DHS!! Playhouse Disney characters are the ones I haven't met, and I personally haven't met the army men, they seem pretty awesome! I love that Parker loved the B&tB show so much, that's totally great!! Yay!
it was totally random we didnt even look for them on the schedule...i think they are spaced out around the actual stage show that is going on.

army men are pretty much out all afternoon around the TSM area. no real lines just sort of moving around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great photopass (and daddy) pictures. I'm really surprised by the photopass photographers NOT getting the "meeting shots...we always get those.

How very sweet of Noelle to have a little surprise for "Pooh."

You can really see Parker enjoyed Beauty & The Beast.
thanks kathy. i think it just depends on some, or maybe parker runs up to fast, and they dont pay attention not really sure.

she was packing a gift for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
My nephew freaked out last year when we saw Disney Junior because they had Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I think it was a great addition to the show.

I agree it's great that you can skip past the opening part of the Animation Tour. Just get us in to see the character's, right?
it is a great addition to the show, i never cared much for when tiger and friends was there.

and the much more official way to skip it instead of heading through the exit of the shop like we have been used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love that picture with Parker looking at Sorcerer Mickey. He's just standing there like "yup.....we're pals......this is the coolest!"

Hahaha, look at Noelle misinterpreting your going to meet Pooh statement.
very true, well mickey does call him occasionally at home when he does something really good, or needs a little pep talk...

although i seem to always "miss" the calls when he has them.

you can tell he is so excited for them when he gets them.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #347
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I get the same reaction. I don't care and I know why I go. Some people have a Beach house, I have a Disney House....
you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Loving the "Pooh" shot - That one is a keeper..... for later.

Parker is at the right age where those character meet and greets are soooo special.

You are such a guy with only 1 Beauty and the Beast Picture.

Yeah try and blame the lack of highest score in vehicle on Candi's text.
hoping he will still be like that on the next trip, i think he will.
which is a good reason to go back again soon.
i had about 20 pics from teh show, but only showed one, didnt want to bore you guys.

the text was very distracting...i could have blasting aliens out of the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Well, I have to say, this and the resulting pictures give new meaning to the term "photobomb".

Seems like the PP photographers are hit or miss. Sometimes you get one that is alert and on top of things, and other times you get one that's just there for the paycheck.

Love to see Parker having such a great time.
she did bring a whole new meaning to the phrase.

yep agree with you there, sometimes it does help to watch how they work with the families ahead of you and if you think there is doubt tell them when they are finishing up to make sure they get the run up hug pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
All of our online security reset at work because of the power outage so I can't see any of the pictures. Bummer I'll just imagine what they look like in my head.

Did you send the Photopass CDs out? I haven't had mail in a week thanks to Sandy so I'm just curious.
they are awesome pictures.

yep sent it out about 10 days ago, i did send you an email, let me know when you get the CD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Ah yes, there's more than one to deal with at DisneyWorld. You're doing a great job handling it though!

Parker keeping you informed of what your next plans were sounded really cute.
it will be nice when we have a trip and dont have to deal with that, but we are enjoying every stage of disney...dont want them to grow up to fast.

thanks glenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Was over the Noelle and the Pooh story!!!

Her smile in the stroller was adorable! She definitely is getting a personality about her!

Some great family photos, and Dad did a great job on the hug and autograph pics!!! Especially since Parker is really good at hiding his excitement during everything..........
that little one gave me some good trip report material this time

her personality is coming out more and more each day...she is a trip for sure.

glad they turned out good, not the easiest to get a picture with the left hand using the digital camera and the right hand using the video camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
I just spent the last 30 minutes reading about your trip so far instead of doing work...can't wait to ready more about it!! I went with my 2 cousins a year ago who were 2 & 4 and can remember their faces being like Parkers!!

glad to have you reading along and give you something to keep you busy at work.

i see you have a christmas trip coming up soon, have you ever been that time of year?

2 trips ago we went then, i have a TR in the signature if you want to get more pumped for your trip.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #348
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Found this TR today, and I am hooked! Your family is just adorable. As I was reading your DHS day, it sure sounds a lot like ours. Oh, how the priorities change when you have toddlers along and you're not sprinting to RnRC and ToT first thing in the morning!!

Just so you don't feel too bad, my DH totally made the same mistake with the stroller as he was hustling to TSM even though I was behind him saying, "Hey the ramp is over here!"

Oh, and I noticed the same thing with the Photopass photographers at the character greets! Some of them got great candids but most seemed to just do the posed photos. One photographer missed some really adorable interactions between DS and Minnie, and I was really disappointed because no one else in our group was taking pictures either. Luckily, DH is a lot like you and got those kind of shots at almost all our character meets.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 11-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #350
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Loved reading your trip report over my lunch hour today! Can't wait for more. We are taking my great-nephew to Disney next year and he will be 4.5 at the time. I am so excited to be going with someone who still appreciates the characters! My kids are now past that and just want to ride! (and eat!)
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #351
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Love your pics and commentary. Very true about the photopass photographers, but I love them anyway. How was the Jake meet? I'm thinking about having Aria meet him when we go in december. BatB was one show I missed on our October trip, so it's also high up on the to do list!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #352
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
they are awesome pictures.

yep sent it out about 10 days ago, i did send you an email, let me know when you get the CD...
You did? I never got an email from you. I'll let you know when it gets here. I'm waiting on about 4 or 5 packages right now. Everything is so backed up cause of the hurricane.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #353
FancyNancy
Princess

Subbing in! Parker's interactions with the characters is just too precious.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #354
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Found this TR today, and I am hooked! Your family is just adorable. As I was reading your DHS day, it sure sounds a lot like ours. Oh, how the priorities change when you have toddlers along and you're not sprinting to RnRC and ToT first thing in the morning!!
thanks for joining in...yes they do, going on the big rides does seem to matter as much, and you are perfectly fine not hitting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Just so you don't feel too bad, my DH totally made the same mistake with the stroller as he was hustling to TSM even though I was behind him saying, "Hey the ramp is over here!"

Oh, and I noticed the same thing with the Photopass photographers at the character greets! Some of them got great candids but most seemed to just do the posed photos. One photographer missed some really adorable interactions between DS and Minnie, and I was really disappointed because no one else in our group was taking pictures either. Luckily, DH is a lot like you and got those kind of shots at almost all our character meets.
sounds like a good man there, he must have read somewhere that there was no ramp as well, i bet they put it in that morning before you got there.

i have no shame in telling parker to go back and give him or her another hug, he is happy too, and then i tell the photopass person to wake up and get it.

hope you continue to enjoy the reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
what a great update! I love the hugging pictures, those are my favorite, make me smile every time. The grin on Parkers face standing next to Handy Manny is pretty darn cool.

Pooh.

Alternative titles

Still a very nice score on TSM.
thanks, it does melt your heart when they are so excited to get that hug.

thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Poppins View Post
Loved reading your trip report over my lunch hour today! Can't wait for more. We are taking my great-nephew to Disney next year and he will be 4.5 at the time. I am so excited to be going with someone who still appreciates the characters! My kids are now past that and just want to ride! (and eat!)
glad to have you along.

lol, when my kids outgrow the characters, ill still take them to them(for me)

congrats on the next trip, and taking another young character lover again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Love your pics and commentary. Very true about the photopass photographers, but I love them anyway. How was the Jake meet? I'm thinking about having Aria meet him when we go in december. BatB was one show I missed on our October trip, so it's also high up on the to do list!
it was good, parker really enjoyed it, his signature is pretty cool with the sword in it.

i heard rumors that it was going away BatB that is, but not sure ifthat is true or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You did? I never got an email from you. I'll let you know when it gets here. I'm waiting on about 4 or 5 packages right now. Everything is so backed up cause of the hurricane.
we got this all squared away.

sounds like its time for a angry orchard to celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Subbing in! Parker's interactions with the characters is just too precious.
thanks for joining in, glad to have along.

hope you enjoy the rest of the trip.

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #355
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 12. A Chinese family claims me as there own.

you might be wondering about that title...i due time, in due time.

Last time we were leaving off with the Beauty and the Beast show...the show was over and we had about 20 some minutes before the parade was to start...so we set off looking for some shade.

Parker found a game along the parade route but that area was a no go as it was soon to be full sun.

Then we looked across the street, the stairs for the entrance (might be the old entrance for American Idol or old entrance for the show before) was pretty much wide open.

In the past that area was handicap of some sort of reserved seating when we would go.

Well we asked a CM standing there and she said it was wide open just stay off the bottom row.

Okay done and done.

Parker found another play area right next to the stairs and had blast with these kids bowling...that ball went everywhere after it the wall but the kids really enjoyed chasing it and setting them again...

nice comfy concrete stairs to park our selfs and enjoy a parade.

We parked the stroller around the corner of american idol, and plopped down.

We were thirsty time for super man dad cape find something cold to drink that the kids can have too, so a beer from the stand was out.

Moving along.

I came to a stand that looked promising...I spotted frozen cokes...the family loves those so thats where i went.

Problem was it was 10 minutes to parade time now and the person making them was SLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

with 5 minutes left i am ready to order. opted for the cherry and coke mixture.

while in line i had plenty of time to take a picture of this nifty little street sign, that i have never noticed before.

On my way back the CM on this side of the street stopped me and said roads closed...i said see that cute family on the stairs they belong to me i can make it... she smiled at me and let me through not sure if thought i was calling her cute or what but it worked.

the rest of the family was thrilled to see the frozen beverage and we downed that puppy pretty fast despite the threat of brain freeze that was awaiting us.

it was time for a parade to start.

parker wanted nothing to do with sitting down so he stood next to me and up a step to see over everyone better.

i see we still have to work on the middle finger pointing.

ahh his good buddy sully he was pointing at.

how can you not like the UP characters.

looks like he spots something else in the distance.

none other than jessie and bulls eye.

right after this picture bullseye goes over to the wall by the drinking fountain and starts moving his head...i tell candi it looks like he is banging his head on the wall, nope...she says he is taking a drink from the fountain he was thirsty.

everyone cracked up over it, and in my confusion i get a late picture...but i have it on video.
the rest of the toy story crew.

there were more of the parade but i wont bore you with those.

after that was over it was time to squeeze in the backlot tour before we go to the lights motor action show before we hit dinner, it was a time crunch but i think we can do it.

as we are walking up we see they are just stopping the line for the group in front of us...we are still about 3/4 of the way back in the building when we stop walking up....right about here, by this nifty little prop in the line.

if you guessed the shrinking gun from honey i shrunk the kids i believe you would be correct but dont hold me to it.....

now its time for the story of the chapter heading...

so we wait till the next group is going to be lead in, they start letting people in we are moving up and you start to wonder will it be our lucky day will we be let in or wont we.

your mind quickly thinks if i dont make this show i have to wait at least 10-15 minutes for the next show to be let in, then that will put me a little farther back on time and i might miss the last lights motor action show.

ohh great, you are now at the top of the ramp, you notice the guy who holds the magic power of telling the line to stop looking down at his counter saying how many lucky people in front of you have already filled into the pearl harbor water battle scene.

i see him part his lips to start speaking, i take a big step to try and get through before he says something knowing i can then say ohh they are with me.

but drat he says please stop before i finish my big step to get through but does that slow me down.

NOPE.

i keep taking my step and say to him, ohh we are with them.

I now actually look in front of me, and it is a 60+ year old man and wife who are of chinese origin, and the man looks at me like i have 3 heads...the chinese man not the CM...i keep moving, then look back at candi, noelle and parker, and say to the CM, and they are with me...candi says to me under her breath, get back here....

i say come on hun, our party is leaving without us.

i get the glare, from the wife who hates when i "break" the rules like that, i smile and the CM tells them to continue on.

When we stop for the pre show, candi looks at me, while i am standing with the rest of my adopted group and i give her my reason that if we missed this show then we would miss the lights motor action show, she realizes my ways were correct and forgives me.

Its show time.

time for someone to get drenched.

we move along to the prop shop before loading our next awaiting trolly.

i have long given up trying to find something in here new that i know where it was from and get back the things i know for sure there, like the tool time binford mower.

the big bunny from honey i blew up the baby.

the back pack from the rocketeer.

in case you were wondering the extra group of us that came in was not even enough to fill the last car of the tram we had over one empty one left they could have filled up.

parker wanted me to enter first so i did.

the earfull tower.
anyone remember when it had the black goggles from horace grant on the tower when he played for the magic?

after we enter the canyon and the water scene is done.

parker then tells me hey dad ill take the outside seatnow.

that little stinker remembered...that you "may" get wet on that side of the car but will get "soaked" on the other side.

i let him have the outside.

after we are done with the trip we grab the stroller for our next destination.

hope everyone has a great weekend.

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #356
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
In the past that area was handicap of some sort of reserved seating when we would go.

Well we asked a CM standing there and she said it was wide open just stay off the bottom row.
Cool. Scored on that one.

Quote:
On my way back the CM on this side of the street stopped me and said roads closed...i said see that cute family on the stairs they belong to me i can make it... she smiled at me and let me through not sure if thought i was calling her cute or what but it worked.
Man, you are living a charmed life here.

Quote:
i see we still have to work on the middle finger pointing.
Save that for the villains parade.

Quote:
if you guessed the shrinking gun from honey i shrunk the kids i believe you would be correct but dont hold me to it.....
Works for me.

Quote:
i keep taking my step and say to him, ohh we are with them.

I now actually look in front of me, and it is a 60+ year old man and wife who are of chinese origin, and the man looks at me like i have 3 heads...the chinese man not the CM...i keep moving, then look back at candi, noelle and parker, and say to the CM, and they are with me...candi says to me under her breath, get back here....

i say come on hun, our party is leaving without us.

Gutsy move. Can't you see the family resemblance?

Quote:
the back pack from the rocketeer.
Nice find!

Quote:
parker then tells me hey dad ill take the outside seatnow.

that little stinker remembered...that you "may" get wet on that side of the car but will get "soaked" on the other side.
Attaboy, kid.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #357
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I agree about the photopass not taking pics right away. They really should.

Those are some of the best moments.

I would have waited to read the text.

B&TB is such a great show. There might be a complete video of it in my tr when I get to it.

The R2D2 cup looked so cute. I want one. LOL. I did not see it when I was there. I don’t think.

We skip the backlot tour now. Too boring
Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #358
Jersette
Earning My Ears

Your kids are adorable, your wife is adorable, you're ALL adorable! I am so enjoying this report, your love for your family just shines through, and you are one darn funny guy!

(For all this, I overlook your Cubs love.)

Thanks for the fun!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #359
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Aren't you the show time mooch! I admit, it never would have occurred to me to try that and I'd have given an evil eye to the person that did. Gotta agree with the reasoning while marveling at the creativity and nerve.

Glad you were able to save the cute melting family with frozen cokes and avoid brain freeze!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #360
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Love frozen cokes...mmmm...

That is a riot about you saying you all were with chinese couple. You are a brave one. Not sure if I could have done that

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: