Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #331
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Where are those dang tissues.....
well since all your comments were imbedded in the response...i will say yes.

no just kidding, you are right about the picture of noelle that is her personality for sure, she is the goofball of the family even more than me and parker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I absolutely love those magical Disney moments. Keeps pulling me back year after year.
it sure does, they get all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
The pictures of Parker and Noelle holding handings walking look like they could be part of a Disney commercial...

Parker has such a happy, believing look on his face with Sorcerer Mickey... it's like anything is possible and everything is good...
i should send that to them or post it to there facebook, and see if i get a call.

very true love the believe stage, heck im still in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Hey Dan! Thanks for stopping by my thread even though family stuff kept me pretty AFK. I'm finally making the rounds and playing some MAJOR catch-up as I last checked in during the backstory phase. Candi looked very cute on the morning of the surprise. It looked like Parker did a good job with his treasure hunt, sorry he didn't jump for joy when he found out. It was similar with the girls ...they didn't quite beleive us. And then it ramped up as his did to excited questions and such.

I'm glad Candi's surprise went off so well - great feet wiggling

Parker better watch out for little sis, she'll be head-butting him soon. Great job super-dad'ing the luggage to baggage check. Cute pic of Parker holding on to you durng take-off.

Oops on the wrong turn, but nice to stop in front of the WDW sign - we have pics in front of it from last year's trip. Cool theming on the cruise line bus, great portholes. Good job contorting yourself to catch a shot of the WDW gates. Nice first CM encounter with the greeter at AoA, especially Parker's puzzle.

The lobby looks amazing!

i'll have to pick this up tomorrow, getting late here and a long day of work tomorrow. Great TR so far
thanks,
take your time, you have alot going on right now...even with reactions that we are not expecting they are still good as you are heading to disney.

she isnt head butting but trys to bite him all the time.

the entire hotel is fantastic as you will see in the next few updates that you read through...thanks for playing catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Great Mickey pictures! Obviously Parker was thrilled.

Love that you're already teaching Noelle the basics of beer bongs.
thanks.

thats as far as the teaching will go as i plan to keep her in the house till she is 28, by the time she is ready for college she can go completely online.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #332
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

The pictures of your two little ones holding hands are priceless. And, just reading about your son meeting Buzz, Woody, and Mickey, oh my, just warmed my heart! Such wonderful memories there! I can't wait to be able to share moments like that with DD next year! (of course at 14 months it'll be a tiny bit different!) Just hoping she's not too afraid of the characters!! :-/ Looking forward to reading more!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #333
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
The pictures of your two little ones holding hands are priceless. And, just reading about your son meeting Buzz, Woody, and Mickey, oh my, just warmed my heart! Such wonderful memories there! I can't wait to be able to share moments like that with DD next year! (of course at 14 months it'll be a tiny bit different!) Just hoping she's not too afraid of the characters!! :-/ Looking forward to reading more!
thanks, the memories at that age are going to be totally different than any other time of there life...she will soak all the atmosphere in and just enjoy seeing everything..and dont be afraid to let her down to walk around (or course holding your hand with alot of people) and explore disney.

the second week once ours was more comfy with the characters, she did great walking up to them and handing them her autograph book to sign, very cute.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #334
FauntleroyFAN07

Chapter 11. Handy Manny is right around the corner DAD!!!!

Before i start the chapter here are a few possible trip report titles I am going to let you in on.

These were tossed around as possible alternates to the chosen title.

-Going to Disney as a Bachelor.

explained: a week before the trip, my rink recieved 2 cracks directly across from each other that went about 3/4 of the way around the ring, (think i did it while tightening some stuff with a wrench. i remember really having to grip it and rip it.) so did not want to chance it breaking and lossing it on vacation to so we sent it in...Finally got it back this week. Cost more to repair it than I paid for it....Stupid price of gold going up.

but its fixed now so thats all that matters.

Another contender was

-Need to get ride of these thong tan lines.

explained, I sort of sat out in a parade during the summer and happened to be wearing flip flops or thongs if you will, and had a much different shade of white on my feet the rest of the summer that was still there when we went on our trip and is still there to this day....the florida sun in the water parks did not help take that away.

moving on the to the chapter.

Right around the corner was the Pooh meet and greet which has since been replaced with wreck it ralph.

We told parker and noelle we were going to see Pooh.

Noelle must have misunderstood me.

she took me at my words.

well nuts, we thought about getting out of line, but parker was set on seeing pooh and noelle well....she had her own meet and greet going on, luckily it wasnt a big meet and stink.

but she did look at pooh with the ive got a surprise for you expression.

side bar: i love the photopass photographers, and the whole concept, think it is great, but one thing that gets me is about half them wait to take pictures until after your kid has gotten the autograph, and miss the whole running up to them and hugging and excited first phase of the interaction... no idea why but i have learned to always be ready with mine and get those moments in case they miss them or arent paying attention.

this one was paying attention but just not picking up the camera to take a shot, so i quickly did to get this hug.

a little family picture. well maybe pooh did get a wiff he was leaning toward me more.

Interaction complete diaper geronimo complete it was time to head out and change noelle, we never made it back in to see the incredibles.

drat: that goes on the list for next time for sure.

it is time to wait in the jake and the neverland pirates line.

candi and parker waited in the line while i sat out with noelle till they got closer to the front..someone was happy to be playing around with some water on a warm day.

the whole time he was in line which you can see just past noelles stroller, parker would yell loudly to me,
"daddy handy manny is on the other side of the wall, we are going to him next."

i think people around us for the next 5-8 minutes knew what are plans were after we were done with Jake.

so i will share what they did not take.
photopass man getting hugging picture of parker and jake ZERO...daddy Plus 2

but he did get some good family shots.

Since everyone knew we were headed to see Handy Manny we could not let them down.

There was one person in front of us.

Parker ran up to him and photopass guy for handy came in for the win.

With a few successful character greets completed it was time to hit the ride train again...we had some fastpasses for TSM burning a whole in my wallet that were set to start soon and expire during when we wanted to see the beauty and the beast show.

So Candi took noelle to have a leasure stroll to the show, while parker and I went to use up the TSM fastpass and get one more ride in for the day.

Fast passes were already gone for later in the day, and we had about 7 minutes till we could get in line to enter. so we saw an army man to kill some time.
we did not have the autograph book on us it was in the stroller.

A few minutes before our time a CM asked when our return time was and we showed him, he said ohh go ahead and enter, we let you in 5 minutes before the time listed. Never had others do that but we were all for it.

Our chariot was none other than Hamm

spinning around in the game, i feel my pocket buzz it is candi informing me via text where she is in the beauty and the beast show....seriously i checked my phone for that, man i could have been racking up major points.

i still ended with my highest total of the day.

but i do have to admit if i did not check that message i believe i would have beaten the person who through up the best in vehicle total.

parker and i high tailed it over to the show and found noelle and candi about 2 minutes before the show started...

just one picture or i cant prove we saw the show.

what did the kids think of the show.

parker loved it. he sat upright the whole show just staring at it, and when it was over he clapped the loudest in our section.

headed to the parade next.

Next time a parade and a Chinese family adopts me.

Blessed by the Best
Old 11-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #335
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Love all the character pics

Good call snapping pics of when kids first see character. Great interaction

OMG...Noelle and taking Pooh too literally....

Can't wait for more
Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #336
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Dan !!Parker is really into all the characters sooooo cute !!!Noelle added her own surprise to The POOH meet!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #337
katt789
DIS Veteran

Ah, it seems like a great day you guys really are having at DHS!! Playhouse Disney characters are the ones I haven't met, and I personally haven't met the army men, they seem pretty awesome! I love that Parker loved the B&tB show so much, that's totally great!! Yay!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 11-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #338
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great photopass (and daddy) pictures. I'm really surprised by the photopass photographers NOT getting the "meeting shots...we always get those.

How very sweet of Noelle to have a little surprise for "Pooh."

You can really see Parker enjoyed Beauty & The Beast.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #339
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

My nephew freaked out last year when we saw Disney Junior because they had Jake and the Neverland Pirates. I think it was a great addition to the show.

I agree it's great that you can skip past the opening part of the Animation Tour. Just get us in to see the character's, right?

I love that picture with Parker looking at Sorcerer Mickey. He's just standing there like "yup.....we're pals......this is the coolest!"

Hahaha, look at Noelle misinterpreting your going to meet Pooh statement.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #340
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
very true, i need to show this to the people that ask, "your going again? why?"

maybe they would get it then.
I get the same reaction. I don't care and I know why I go. Some people have a Beach house, I have a Disney House....

Quote:
can i use this excuse for my typos? thanks pat
Absolutely, Not like I would believe you but go ahead.

Loving the "Pooh" shot - That one is a keeper..... for later.

Parker is at the right age where those character meet and greets are soooo special.

You are such a guy with only 1 Beauty and the Beast Picture.

Yeah try and blame the lack of highest score in vehicle on Candi's text.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #341
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
We told parker and noelle we were going to see Pooh.

Noelle must have misunderstood me.

she took me at my words.

Well, I have to say, this and the resulting pictures give new meaning to the term "photobomb".

Seems like the PP photographers are hit or miss. Sometimes you get one that is alert and on top of things, and other times you get one that's just there for the paycheck.

Love to see Parker having such a great time.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #342
jenny105
DIS Veteran

All of our online security reset at work because of the power outage so I can't see any of the pictures. Bummer I'll just imagine what they look like in my head.

Did you send the Photopass CDs out? I haven't had mail in a week thanks to Sandy so I'm just curious.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #343
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Ah yes, there's more than one to deal with at DisneyWorld. You're doing a great job handling it though!

Parker keeping you informed of what your next plans were sounded really cute.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #344
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Was over the Noelle and the Pooh story!!!

Her smile in the stroller was adorable! She definitely is getting a personality about her!

Some great family photos, and Dad did a great job on the hug and autograph pics!!! Especially since Parker is really good at hiding his excitement during everything..........
Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #345
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

I just spent the last 30 minutes reading about your trip so far instead of doing work...can't wait to ready more about it!! I went with my 2 cousins a year ago who were 2 & 4 and can remember their faces being like Parkers!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: