Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #256
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Oh man! Parker is too cute! It looks like he had a ton of fun meeting Buzz and Woody!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
Old 10-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #257
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Aweee...look at the joy in his eyes meeting those characters. That's what makes Disney vacations so special!

Great pictures, your family is so cute!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #258
SoontobMrsZ
Earning My Ears

I see your little one is a year old..we're thinking about taking our son Parker is Disney in Feb. which will put him at about 16 months..how did you handle naps..meals..meltdowns lol etc....my parents are coming along with us..but i'm just concerned it may be a little overwhelming...did you guys survive ok?!
April 2003-Senior Trip-ASSp
June 2005-CBR
Jan 2007-POP
Jan 2009-Pop
Sept 2009-ASSp

May 2011- Stayed with Family in Kissimmee..Was pregnant with my DS
Old 10-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #259
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

What a great meet and greet.
I can see the excitement in the kids.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #260
Aburns8
DIS Veteran

Awe! What a great encounter.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #261
zippyzo
Mouseketeer

Just found your report and am really enjoying it. we have never met the toy story characters , i may have to add to our 'to do list'.

looking forward to reading more
Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #262
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Great queuing area for Buzz and Woody...

You are going to be treasuring those photos of Parker... so cute ...

He's smaller than Andy now in Toy Story but one day

He's going to be the same size/age as Andy in Toy Story III...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #263
airforcemomof2
Mouseketeer

Subbing! We are going at Christmas time and I can't wait!! Beautiful family!
Next trip: Halloween 2014! AoA 10 days!
Christmas at Disney!! 19 - 27 Dec 12 @ POP
FW cabins Aug 25 - Sep 2, 2010!
11 WONDERful nights on the Wonder 2006
Mother/daughter Epcot trip 2003, First family trip 2002
Old 10-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #264
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great pix with Buzz and Woody !!! We had pix with them this trip just past !!As we have G.A. C. we don't have to wait , but we do miss the line as they let us in the back way !!! The guys loved the photo shoot though !! Will have apix or too when ever I start my TR !!! I promise a Rosie link
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #265
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
not a problem, the lady actually asked if i wanted 3 of them...one for the end of the bed too.

half way through the trip we found out it could be extended up higher, there was a button to raise it up about 3 or 4 more inches higher.
Will have to remember that! Here's hoping the PnP will still work!

Quote:
i will show you some pics when we get that part done.
Sounds good!

Quote:
that little stinker already has me wrapped up and around her finger...luckily i have been able to say no a few times when she wants stuff. good training for when she gets bigger.
That's what little princesses are for Daddy!

Quote:
hmm, lets see are you staying off site now.
In Nov yes....Jan, not in the plans!

Quote:
well with this little nugget of information, im going to say that you are now staying in a MK resort on the loop
Yes....will make announcement later

Quote:
and renting DVC points from someone.
No! But hopefully someday! The BLT Theme Park view is CALLING MY NAME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Erica and I waited in that queue in 2008
yes, I have to get Will back in there! We did it on one of his first trips and he wasn't allowed to get in the floor b/c he didn't have shoes on He wasn't walking yet, so I didn't even think of shoes!! Guess we boycotted them after that! We did see Buzz at Tomorrowland though
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 10-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #266
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Cool waiting area! We may have to go check that out next time. Love the character photos!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #267
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Cute, cute, cute Toy Story pix! I love all of those fun photo ops along the way. Have you guys been on a Disney cruise yet? They would love all the character interaction on the ship.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #268
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

All caught up. I upgraded to windows 8 and lost all my bookmarks so all tr's are being read from the beginning again.

The resort looked so nice. The rooms are so cute.

Great pics with Buzz and Woody.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #269
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my goodness, those are some great pictures! I have never seen the pictures from the waiting area for that meet and greet, those are just adorable, absolutely love them.

Makes me want to make the E's go in there next time, just for that! They haven't had a picture with Buzz since they were 1 and 2!
thanks, if you plan to do it, go right when they open to fly through the line, alot better than the 45 plus minute wait later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Great update! Erica and I waited in that queue in 2008 but that's the last time (we didn't wait in line last trip b/c Seth was only 13 months old and at the time wasn't into Toy Story yet) and I don't remember a lot of the detailing. It's all so awesome! I cannot wait for him to see all this when we go in May. Toy Story is his absolute favorite and he will totally dis Woody and run to Buzz too! He LOVES Buzz - that's who he's gonna be for Halloween. Thanks for posting all these - great stuff! So cute how Parker was so excited. I hope Noelle keeps up the good work with the characters.
glad you enjoyed them, parker is going to be buzz this year as well...he had that and mr incredible last year but wore mr incredible instead so this year he still fits in buzz and wants that.

she always did good if we held her, it wasnt till the second week she would walk almost all the way to them on her own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Love the waiting area for Woody and buzz pics.

Looks like the kids had a blast, especially Parker.

All pics are so cute
he loved it, he had an excited dance this year where he would jump up and down really fast and try to fly like a bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Oh my....those pictures are so much fun. Those kids are so cute and you can just see the excitement radiating out of them.

Am I spying a certain t-shirt on a certain princess? It looks a bit familiar to me.
it was a great trip for parker to "get" the characters this trip, he loved every minute of it and the autographs.

yep that is the shirt from a very special dis chicago meet up.

parker wore his later in the trip.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #270
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
Oh man! Parker is too cute! It looks like he had a ton of fun meeting Buzz and Woody!
he had a blast, thanks, just wait till later in the day when he sees mickey for the first time, he Loved that.

i see your trip is coming up soon, i bet you are pumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Aweee...look at the joy in his eyes meeting those characters. That's what makes Disney vacations so special!

Great pictures, your family is so cute!
those moments make the trips totally worth it...and you forget about the little meltdowns and stobborn moments when you see those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobMrsZ View Post
I see your little one is a year old..we're thinking about taking our son Parker is Disney in Feb. which will put him at about 16 months..how did you handle naps..meals..meltdowns lol etc....my parents are coming along with us..but i'm just concerned it may be a little overwhelming...did you guys survive ok?!
well it seems to work different for everyone...some people try and stick straight to there schedule that they have at home and that works for us, we go a little different.

parker was 8 months on his first trip.
noelle was 13 months on tihs trip.

as far as naps, we just went about the day and did the parks pretty much like normal...when they were tired they just fell asleep in the stroller, or wanted to be held and we knew they were going to fall asleep in our arms, then we would put them in the stroller to sleep it off, and find something to do while she slept.

a few times, we would have one person just sit and relax with her while she slept...and the other took parker on a ride or show.

then we would swithc and the other would sit and wait.

the relax time was nice for the other parent, but of course parker wanted to keep going so it gave him some one on one time with each of us.

meals, were pretty much normal, just tried to order sometihng we knew she would share with us...or if not then we bought something that she would eat.

meltdowns, just try and take them out of the situation and everyone calm down, we had our share of those, and didnt always handle it right, but it happens, and everyone moves on.

just know that things wont go perfect, but there will be many perfect memerable moments each day and have fun.

having the extra help will be a plus for you, and dont forget that they will want out of the stroller and just hold your hand and walk around a little enjoy that, it is a fun time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
What a great meet and greet.
I can see the excitement in the kids.
thanks pat, it was a blast seeing the characters with them this trip.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: