Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #151
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Great updates Dan!

Love the photo tour!

Looking forward to Panoramics!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #152
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures of the resort Dan! It's very interesting to see. I like the things they have hiding the stairwells and that tree trunk with Timon and Pumbaa walking on it. Very cool details.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #153
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in!

Your kids are super cute!!! I am loving your AoA pics. It is making me so excited for my trip. I can't wait to explore and take photos.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #154
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

ugh....waiting for more...PLEASE!!!!

Old 10-18-2012, 06:07 AM   #155
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Just found your post. Can't wait to read more. You have such a cute family.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #156
marvali
DIS Veteran

Dan, nice updates with the resort pics. Not sure why, but somehow the whole place seems strangely familiar. Like Glenn said, so many great details with the scenery hiding the stairwells, and agree that the fallen tree you can walk under is pretty cool.

That is quite some hike you had to your room! Of course, I could certainly use the exercise every day........ Although I might feel like somebody was trying to do me in with all the extra hiking.

And I spotted the other HM in the mural on the wall. I actually spotted it first as for some reason it just jumped out at me in the pic. Since you had mentioned one HM I didn't look for any others right off, so didn't spot the one you highlighted until you zoomed in with the extra pictures.........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 10-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #157
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
yay!! room pics

Love the mirror and octupus hooks. The shower curtain is so cute and love the bathroom

Great hidden mickey

Such a cute room and love the colors
did you guys find any hidden mickeys? i found one for sure in each of the other buildings.

the octopus hooks would fit in my luggage but i resisted the urge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Great updates Dan!

Love the photo tour!

Looking forward to Panoramics!
thanks GB, good panoramics on the new camera are hard to get perfect each time with each area of the picture requiring a little different light exposer etc...but the indoor ones turned out pretty good...the outside ones not as much but i still will share them a little later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks for the pictures of the resort Dan! It's very interesting to see. I like the things they have hiding the stairwells and that tree trunk with Timon and Pumbaa walking on it. Very cool details.
your welcome...glad you liked them...each building had something different hidding the stairs...they were all really well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am in!

Your kids are super cute!!! I am loving your AoA pics. It is making me so excited for my trip. I can't wait to explore and take photos.
thanks and

your trip will be here soon, next i have a detail update on the food court which according to your plans you will use the first day so hope it helps you out some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfinn View Post
ugh....waiting for more...PLEASE!!!!
not a problem, hope to have one up later today.

my normal posting speed is 2 updates a week, but trying to get them out faster....

thanks for reading along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
Just found your post. Can't wait to read more. You have such a cute family.
and thanks for joining in.

and for the nice comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Dan, nice updates with the resort pics. Not sure why, but somehow the whole place seems strangely familiar. Like Glenn said, so many great details with the scenery hiding the stairwells, and agree that the fallen tree you can walk under is pretty cool.
i think the fallen tree would have been cool if it was hollow and you could climb through it.

Quote:
That is quite some hike you had to your room! Of course, I could certainly use the exercise every day........ Although I might feel like somebody was trying to do me in with all the extra hiking.
it was a hike, but like i said there is so much to take in around each corner even the 8 or so minute walk seemed to fly by, your attention is always taken with something.

Quote:
And I spotted the other HM in the mural on the wall. I actually spotted it first as for some reason it just jumped out at me in the pic. Since you had mentioned one HM I didn't look for any others right off, so didn't spot the one you highlighted until you zoomed in with the extra pictures.........
i knew ou would spot it with your eagle eye, i give you one glenn eagle eye point for it.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #158
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Joining in as well! Just started our TR and our trips overlapped a little bit so can't wait to hear what you did on the 4-6th! I think I remember Jenny mentioning going to CP breakfast on the 5th as well? Jenny and I missed each other, but it was both of our 30th birthdays that day
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

AWESOME updates, Dan. Wait until I show Mark these pictures. He's been bugging me to stay here for a night or two in April during his business trip, and once he sees these pictures, there will be no stopping this man and I know he wants to be in the Little Mermaid section.

You did a great job capturing a lot of the theme and they did a really great job.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #160
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Joining in as well! Just started our TR and our trips overlapped a little bit so can't wait to hear what you did on the 4-6th! I think I remember Jenny mentioning going to CP breakfast on the 5th as well? Jenny and I missed each other, but it was both of our 30th birthdays that day
thanks for joining in.

lets see the 4th we were in BB and DTD that night the 5th we were also in MK suppose to be at the breakfast and meet jen, but something came up...however we were in the park all day till the party started. you might be in the background of some of my pictures.

happy late birthday hope you had a great day, will check out your TR shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
AWESOME updates, Dan. Wait until I show Mark these pictures. He's been bugging me to stay here for a night or two in April during his business trip, and once he sees these pictures, there will be no stopping this man and I know he wants to be in the Little Mermaid section.

You did a great job capturing a lot of the theme and they did a really great job.
thanks kathy, if you want me to send you more of our section i have some that i will post later in the report but if you need help now, i can email you...wait it would help him out so if you dont want them i wont send them.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #161
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post

thanks kathy, if you want me to send you more of our section i have some that i will post later in the report but if you need help now, i can email you...wait it would help him out so if you dont want them i wont send them.
Thanks, Dan...I think?

Seriously, I am NOT a fan of the values, but since it is a business trip and we may or may not do a park while there, I'll give him one or two nights so he can be a "kid again." If we were going for vacation, trust me, we wouldn't be staying at a value.

But I'm looking forward to staying a night or two myself after your spectacular pictures.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #162
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks, Dan...I think?

Seriously, I am NOT a fan of the values, but since it is a business trip and we may or may not do a park while there, I'll give him one or two nights so he can be a "kid again." If we were going for vacation, trust me, we wouldn't be staying at a value.

But I'm looking forward to staying a night or two myself after your spectacular pictures.
well then, ill share more so YOU can be suckered into it.

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #163
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Joining in We were in the LM section Sept28 to Oct8 in almost the same part of building 8 -- I'm scanning your pics looking for us!
Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #164
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Joining in We were in the LM section Sept28 to Oct8 in almost the same part of building 8 -- I'm scanning your pics looking for us!
thats awesome, i bet i passed you a few times...i see you have done reports i nthe past, are you doing on for this trip?

well the pics that i posted so far, are from monday sept 24th, so you didnt show up for a few days yet.

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #165
FauntleroyFAN07

bumping around for next post

Blessed by the Best

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: