Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #136
TMGosizk
Mouseketeer

Joing in! Really enjoying reading your TR so far! I love that you were able to surprise your kids (even though their reaction wasn't what was expected!) AND your wife! You have an adorable family and I can't wait to read more about your trip! AoA looks like a very fun place to stay!

I'll Have a New Ticker Soon!

My First TR (in progress): Forget the Plans, We'll Just Play It By EAR!
First PTR:Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Till Morning...to Disney World! Sep2013
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #137
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

That's a great story of the surprise! Can't believe you managed to carry all that luggage off the bus.

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip (PTR-DONE)

Never Mind The Clever Title, Here's My Trip Report! - A December Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 AM   #138
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
parker was jumping with joy at the monorail ride we were about to take.

so being the clever dad I am we went to the very front so the kids would have a good view of what was in front of them.

you would think this was my first time in disney, and i would not make this mistake again...the guy in the red is even a little foreshadowing of where we SHOULD be going.

but nope i said this way family the right is where we need to be. so down the elevator we go.

i get out and see car rental as far as i can see.

back up the elevator, and to the left side we go...but it gave us the opportunity to stop in front of the mickey store sign.

word of advice, go past security and hang a LEFT at the mickey store, this will take you ME and mickey.

a quick trip down the elevators on that side, and we are starting to see mickey heads...so naturally i tell parker, hey buddy those mickey heads on the floor will take us to the mickey bus.

Parker "i know dad"

i love how four year olds already know it all

I feel your pain. At least it made a good story!

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)

Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #139
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Looked at all your AoA pictures, and all I can say is: WOW! Just wow. I am blown away by all the detail in the lobby, the exteriors, and the room, right down to the shower stall. Keep up the good work with the storytelling and the photography!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #140
Bottzz
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=FauntleroyFAN07;46459850] thanks for joining along and reading

thanks, i see in your signature that you are checking in shortly...what section are you in?

We are staying in the Cars section I can't wait!!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #141
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! What amazing detail in a resort. I want to stay there. Simply stunning. I bet your children had a blast.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #142
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

I love all your pictures of AoA! I am dying to stay there since LM is my favorite movie/princess ever!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
Old 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #143
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hey jenny, get to moving on that TR missy...

the rooms are smaller than mods...but really they didnt seem to bother us, we have stayed in value before and it just seems like you miss out on the little extra room between the bed and the door...i just posted the room pics after you posted so enjoy checking them out.
Started my TR yesterday! The link is in my signature

I've stayed at Pop multiple times so I'm used to the value rooms. These seem identical but much more themed. Very kid-friendly I'm not a Little Mermaid fan so I don't know that I'll ever stay at AoA unless we have enough people for a suite.

$100 for a shower curtain? It is Disney after all!

Great pictures! I have pictures of the elephant graveyard and Mufasa so no worries. You can borrow them when I post them LOL

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #144
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We stayed there last Thanksgiving. LOVED it !!! We really loved how close it was to Epcot and HS and the atmosphere at night was amazing. But our room was nice and quiet. We can't wait to stay there again !! The kids say it has the best pool.
we have talked about staying there on an upcoming trip, but still not sure...next trip will probably be camping again, so maybe after that.

its always nice when your room is off out of the hussle of the resort and quieter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
We visited for supper 1 night and found the lobby and check in area to be WAY to bright, the menu at the foodcourt is awful and it tskes soooo long to get your food !!!
it is a bright come at you experience, but we still enjoyed it.

we found there were certain times that hte food took longer but it was nice that it was freshly made for you...have a food review coming up in the next chapter...

we actually liked the change of pace of the food wasnt your typical fried nuggets and just burger options it was a nice change of pace from the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Dan great pix of the resort , it was dark when we visited , the pool looked awesome , but that walk would be out of the question with our special needs groups , we would have taken 15 - 20 mins to get to the bus !!Did you check if Pop buses were closer , it looks like you were close to the bridge and that is a short walk to Classic hall!!!???
i can see how it might take your group longer to do the walk, and of course stopping to look at everything every time you guys walked up.

it actually wasnt any closer, it would take about the same amount of time to get across the bridge as it would to get to our bus then you still have the resort of pop to walk through that would add on time.

i timed alot of stuff this trip for people

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Great pics of the resort! I've seen many but I love seeing the ones people I know take. Makes it much more personal!
thanks dawn, your right, it does add something knowing the source of the pictures.

feel free to use any of the pics for your clients that you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
The lobby alone at AoA just looks so cool. I can't wait to see it in person.

LOL, I love it. Without kids, 5 minutes. With kids, 8-10 minutes.

I really love the fact that the resort is just so colorful, and the colors are absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for all of the great shots of the resort. I'm especially a fan of the shower.
i was curious how long it took for the without kids power walk to fill the drinks...and nights when we got back to the room and wanted a drink it was nice to now that in 12 minutes round trip, including filling the mugs i could be back with cold refreshments...that was about the time it took candi to get the kids washed up so worked out nicely.

only later did i find the 6 packs of beer in the food court.

the lobby was very neat, we didnt take as long to look at all the drawings as we should have but still appreciated them and liked seeing them each day....the shower was really cool and a cool feeling when you were in there, really felt like you were under the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Thanks for sharing pics of Art of Animation! What a cute resort - my grandson would love it! Your son looks so serious taking everything in - your kids are so adorable! The walk looks far on the map but then if it only takes 8-10 mins, that's nothing compared to how much you walk in the parks.
i dont know how any kid could not love the resort...are you guys staying there on an upcoming trip?

he did take it all in and loved everyminute of it...the walk also goes pretty fast because you are looking at everything along the way and always something in front of you to see. makes the time seem much less that way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
AoA is seriously such an amazing resort, we were so impressed with it while we were there!

I agree that it is a bit of a fair walk to the room, but cutting across the parking lot really saved us time in the mornings (we went the long way at night). Great pictures! I'm excited to read more!
us too, we loved it, and would stay there again, if you are staying value, why not stay there for pretty much the same price as other values. i think it was 5 bucks more a night.

how far back in the resort where you? if you were in the the rooms closer to the lion king i think it would easily knock off another 2 or 3 minutes.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #145
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Joing in! Really enjoying reading your TR so far! I love that you were able to surprise your kids (even though their reaction wasn't what was expected!) AND your wife! You have an adorable family and I can't wait to read more about your trip! AoA looks like a very fun place to stay!
thanks for joining in and hope you continue to enjoy it the rest of the way.

thanks for the nice comments, congrats on the new addition to your family saw you had a little one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
That's a great story of the surprise! Can't believe you managed to carry all that luggage off the bus.
thanks for reading along...sometimes our super dad powers kick in and we are called upon to do what others can not

Quote:

I feel your pain. At least it made a good story!
sad part it that it wasnt the first time that has happened to us when arriving.

Quote:
Looked at all your AoA pictures, and all I can say is: WOW! Just wow. I am blown away by all the detail in the lobby, the exteriors, and the room, right down to the shower stall. Keep up the good work with the storytelling and the photography!
thanks many many more resort pics to come, we have over 2000 total. the detail was everywhere even down to the CM's saying sketch you later whenever you left them.

[QUOTE=Bottzz;46468668]
Quote:
thanks for joining along and reading

thanks, i see in your signature that you are checking in shortly...what section are you in?

We are staying in the Cars section I can't wait!!
very cool, maybe if we get one of the parents to stay in the hotel with us we will pull that off some trip...just not sure when.

looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow!!! What amazing detail in a resort. I want to stay there. Simply stunning. I bet your children had a blast.
they did, parker loved the shower the best, and really enjoyed search for hidden mickeys while showering up and shouting out what he saw in there each night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
I love all your pictures of AoA! I am dying to stay there since LM is my favorite movie/princess ever!
thanks alot, are you staying there on your next trip?

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #146
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Started my TR yesterday! The link is in my signature

I've stayed at Pop multiple times so I'm used to the value rooms. These seem identical but much more themed. Very kid-friendly I'm not a Little Mermaid fan so I don't know that I'll ever stay at AoA unless we have enough people for a suite.

$100 for a shower curtain? It is Disney after all!

Great pictures! I have pictures of the elephant graveyard and Mufasa so no worries. You can borrow them when I post them LOL
thans for the link and heads up, i commented over there.

im sure if given a choice parker would choose another section of the resort, but actually he did not say even one time, why are we not staying in one of hte other sections he was very happy about his section. so that was a plus.

yes pretty pricey but couldnt buy one as not sure the kids would want one forever of that, but considered it for our master shower..but candi wouldnt let me.

thanks, will grab those from you when you post them.

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #147
FauntleroyFAN07

what sort of disney CD's of park music do you guys have...the only one i have is like 12 years old, i cant seem to find other ones.

want to get a CD that has a good variety so i can put our pictures to music for a video...and of course we planned on going to check them out in DTD, but forgot once there because of the rain and some other issues we had.

i saw one online but it was over 40 bucks for a 2 disk pack, seems a little high to me.

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #148
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Joining in. I finished your last TR yesterday and loved it! We are headed to AoA in December so I am excited to see your pictures and read all about your trip!
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Old 10-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #149
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariep26 View Post
Joining in. I finished your last TR yesterday and loved it! We are headed to AoA in December so I am excited to see your pictures and read all about your trip!
thanks for reading along, and glad you enjoyed the last report...disney in December is awesome...i have a report before that one of our trip in December of 2008, if you need some more "light" reading in between now and our trip.

the next chapter i break down the dinning court

Blessed by the Best
Old 10-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #150
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

yay!! room pics

Love the mirror and octupus hooks. The shower curtain is so cute and love the bathroom

Great hidden mickey

Such a cute room and love the colors

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: