Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
ducky2u
Earning My Ears

blenders

I have read many post where people have brought small blenders. Then I read where someone's iron was removed from luggage. It does not say specifically no blenders but it is a small electrical appliance. Has anyone had their blender removed? Also what about a tiny steamer for clothes?
ducky2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Irons are not allowed as they are a fire hazard. I don't think a blender presents that risk.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky2u View Post
I have read many post where people have brought small blenders. Then I read where someone's iron was removed from luggage. It does not say specifically no blenders but it is a small electrical appliance. Has anyone had their blender removed? Also what about a tiny steamer for clothes?
From DisneyCruise.com http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/fa...hibited-items/
Quote:
Prohibited Items
Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, electric irons, bottle sterilizer and bottle warmers, electric blankets, electric blenders, etc. Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services. Also all ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

People have taken small, battery operated items such as fans and yes, blenders. I know some take French press coffee makers - although I'm not sure if they brew cold coffee, or if they get hot water from room service and go that route, I'm sure it's possible.

ANY small, ELECTRIC items that may pose a fire hazard most likely WILL be confiscated. Just keep that in mind!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
sambycat
DIS Veteran

now i am going to spend an hour or so pondering why on earth someone would bring a blender on a cruise....

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambycat View Post
now i am going to spend an hour or so pondering why on earth someone would bring a blender on a cruise....
Usually the same people who want to know how much alcohol they can bring on. Probably want to mix thier own drinks in thier room. And some people, with babies, want to puree thier own food for the baby.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Yeah, me too. I go on a cruise to be pampered and to escape. Using a blender sounds like work.

No worse than the post a few years ago asking if they had olives on board, or if poster should bring their own.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
erin.w
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Yeah, me too. I go on a cruise to be pampered and to escape. Using a blender sounds like work.

No worse than the post a few years ago asking if they had olives on board, or if poster should bring their own.
Thanks for the giggle!
2006-POP 2007-SSR 2008-SSR/VWL and AKV 2009-SSR and AKV - CL 2010-AKV Flower+Garden Festival and Food/Wine Festival DFTW Planning Session 2011 - AKV DFTW, DCL Disneymoon Check out our Wishes TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2412269
2012 - Feb. AKL, May - AKL & DCL, Oct. BLT
erin.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
flyersfan1129
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I am with you on the whole "no work" thing. My brother takes his wife and kids camping and says that is vacation. Cleaning fish? Doing dishes? Not on vacation...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
disneydreamer82
DIS Veteran

I have one of the "Magic Bullet Blenders" and I have taken it on a couple cruises with no problems. And yes I do take mine to mix my own drinks. I cannot stomach sugary fruity frou frou drinks, so I bring my own bottle of Vodka and a box of Crystal Light Sugar free drink mixes. I mix them both with ice and water and blend. Works out great for me.

:
disneydreamer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamer82 View Post
I have one of the "Magic Bullet Blenders" and I have taken it on a couple cruises with no problems. And yes I do take mine to mix my own drinks. I cannot stomach sugary fruity frou frou drinks, so I bring my own bottle of Vodka and a box of Crystal Light Sugar free drink mixes. I mix them both with ice and water and blend. Works out great for me.
I guess you've just been lucky. Don't be surprised if they do actually confiscate it one of these times. It clearly states electric blenders on the prohibited items list.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

mom's hand held steamer was confiscated but I have also read where others were not. luck of the draw i guess.
Wadekind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
chateau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lemme tell ya... I'm a smoothie JUNKIE!!! I have a small, hand crank blender that I make up little lovelies of ice cream and bananas, or other concoctions. I could bring it over to where they have a blender (at a bar, for instance) but I'm an instant gratification type of gal!!! I want my results RIGHT NOW!!! Ok, so it really helps me ingest my fruit, and it's fun, and my kids like the novelty, so they drink their fruit too.

Quote:
How do you think I work off the "ice cream" part of my concoctions?!?!?

Last edited by chateau; 10-08-2012 at 09:23 PM.
chateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #14
MyLove4Disney
Disney Kid forever

I've gone on 6 cruise and have taken a small blender on the last four, in my carry on. Our room steward always brought us ice and saw everything we had setting out on the desk. Our desk looked more like a bar than a desk... LOL YES I'm cheap and I like my drinks my way and I like to share with others. We had a small party in our last cruise. He ended up with a handicap room. HUGE room for two people. No one ever said a thing. It was not a regular size blender, it was of the magic bullet size unit.

any electrical item can cause fire, it you leave it plugged in and unattended, doesn't have to be an iron. Heck, my hair straightner gets up to 410 degrees, set that on the carpet or bed and you will have the same result as an iron.

Got to unplug and store safely.

MyLove4Disney Mom and Daughter forever cruise'n Currently Mom of a Disneyland Resort Cast Member, if you've been there and visited with a princess or one of the charaters you have probably met her...

Disneyland -- to many times to count, 1st time at age 12 for only 3 hours when they had E tickets. 2nd time when I was 24 it was their 30th aniversary, Now I visit regularly ** Disney World -- May 91, Jun 92, Jun 93 Off site; Jun 94 CB; Feb 95 DixL; Jun 95 Off site; Feb 96 DixL; Jun 96 Off Site; Feb 98 DixL; Jun 98 CS; Feb 99 POF; Feb 00 DixL; Jun 00 CS; Feb 01 AS Music; Feb 02 DixL; Jun 02 CS; Jun 04 CS; Feb 05 POR; Jan 06 POR; May 06 SSR; Feb 07 & 08 OKW;Jun 08 SSR and CS; SSR 09; OKW 10; CSR 11, 12 and 13; Aulani 12 and 13** Disney Cruise Line -- 7 ngt Feb 05, Jan 06, Feb 07, Feb 08, Feb 09, Mar 11, May 14 Finally became DVC members Jan 06
MyLove4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #15
disneydreamer82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
I guess you've just been lucky. Don't be surprised if they do actually confiscate it one of these times. It clearly states electric blenders on the prohibited items list.
Just got back from another cruise and took my Magic Bullet Blender again with no issues so yeah I must be lucky....

:
disneydreamer82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: