Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Bossy22
Mouseketeer

Christmas in January

Thinking of heading to Disneyland for the first week in January. Christmas is suppose to still be up and we have never seen the-park at holiday time so are excited about that. We are however nervous for the crowds. We will be there Monday to Friday of the first week of January are we crazy? We will the crowds be huge?
Bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossy22 View Post
Thinking of heading to Disneyland for the first week in January. Christmas is suppose to still be up and we have never seen the-park at holiday time so are excited about that. We are however nervous for the crowds. We will be there Monday to Friday of the first week of January are we crazy? We will the crowds be huge?
Monday, Dec 31st, will be the busiest day of the year for the park. As long as you are prepared, realize lines will be 60-120 mins long, and just take it easy and enjoy the sights, you should be fine.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

As the previous poster mentioned, Monday will be very busy. Just be prepared and utilize a touring plan and fastpasses and you should be okay. The rest of the week will be very busy as well. Most kids are still out of school and many people have at least some of those days off from work.

The good news is that the parks are very beautiful and when I was there people seemed to be in a good mood (maybe some holiday spirit ). It was very crowded, but Disney had everything going full throttle and were staffed to the max.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
MrsPinup
3 cups. cups, cups, cups, cups, cups

I will be there. I have been before at this time, but it wasn't during a vacation week and the park was so empty. No hope for that this time unless it rains...and I pray it does!

MrsPinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
letitsnow
Mouseketeer

We went there the first week of January last year and it was busier than summer days because there were visitors for the Rose Bowl. It will be slow when you go on the day of the Rose Bowl but the few days before and after were busy. But definitely still worth it!!!
letitsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitsnow View Post
We went there the first week of January last year and it was busier than summer days because there were visitors for the Rose Bowl. It will be slow when you go on the day of the Rose Bowl but the few days before and after were busy. But definitely still worth it!!!
Yes, New Years Day will be slightly slower in the morning (due to both late night and Rose Bowl and Parade) but it will get very busy in the afternoon. Your slowest day will probably be Thurs....
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Bossy22
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the knowledge!!! Looking forward to it!bb
Bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

We did the last few days of the holiday overlay January of this year. Since we didn't do New Years the crowds weren't horrible. It was a bit busy, but we could navigate through the parks with relative ease. I'd say summer time busy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: