Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #16
StyledSugar
Love The Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porturican View Post
Today is canadian Thanksgiving right not the 15th?

Im trying to plan something else to do for that Monday since we dont come home till tuesday..

I have an AP but most of my party was just buying the 2 day hopper then the party ticket so now they will have to upgrade to a 3 day pass or we do something else.
Right, it is today.

Oops, didn't realize the OP said the 15th. lol I thought she was talking about today. Sorry!

DLR: 1980, 1985, 1987, February 2006, September 2010, October-November 2011, Christmas 2012

My wonderful family:
DH Me DD 15 DS 11
StyledSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

I heard if you are staying at a DL hotel, you may be able to buy party tickets the day of the party. From what I understand, their ticket booths will open at 6am with party tickets. I also hear they sell like hot cakes.

Another option is doing the Happy Haunts tour plus event package. The tour takes you on HMH, GG, ToT, and one other attraction who's name escapes me. You get a treat and a pin, too, along with fun spooky facts about DL and Halloween. The tour takes you to get your wristband for the party.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porturican View Post
Today is canadian Thanksgiving right not the 15th?

Im trying to plan something else to do for that Monday since we dont come home till tuesday..

I have an AP but most of my party was just buying the 2 day hopper then the party ticket so now they will have to upgrade to a 3 day pass or we do something else.
It'll be cheaper for them to do a 3-day hopper than a 2-day plus a party, unless you get some discount, plus they can just go to DCA during the party. They'll get 3 full days in the parks instead of 2 and a party. (Trying to find the bright side for you guys. I saw that Friday's was going to sell out so I bought tix yesterday, figuring it'd be better to have them and decide to sell them than to want them and have them not be available. Of course, now the kids know so we won't likely be deciding to sell them and do something else.)
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
Gracedis1
Mouseketeer

Well, I guess that makes our decision for us. We weren't sure if it would be worth the $ since my son doesn't stay up very late. I guess we'll be at DCA on the 19th!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #20
momsquad
DisneyDiva

WOW! The little birdie on my shoulder telling me not to worry, these things won't sell out early was sure chirping the wrong song!
Because my dates were locked for the last Friday in OCT, I bought my tickets early. Felt kind of silly buying them the 1st day they became available. . . now, not feeling so silly.
What is weird, is that date I thought would sell out early - is currently available. (Oops! Maybe I shouldn't have said anything out loud. *crossing fingers* for low-ish crowds)
Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #21
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

We are going on the 19th... whoa... glad we bought them already.... I hope others can get in for their dates.

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #22
Disney Enabler
It's a great day to be alive!

Have you called Guest Services and asked them. Sometimes it helps to speak to a cast member to see if they can help you out.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!
Disney Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

The only other option is to at least try to go to the ticket booth the day of and see if they have tickets. I thought they had a certain amount for advance sale and then a limited amount for the day of.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #24
Mary09
Mouseketeer

I'm sure you've thought of it but you might find someone who has tickets and can't go and is trying to sell their tickets.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
...Another option is doing the Happy Haunts tour plus event package. The tour takes you on HMH, GG, ToT, and one other attraction who's name escapes me. You get a treat and a pin, too, along with fun spooky facts about DL and Halloween. The tour takes you to get your wristband for the party.
I've hear that DL stops selling spots for the tour once the party on that date sells out, since they no longer can offer party tickets with the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09 View Post
I'm sure you've thought of it but you might find someone who has tickets and can't go and is trying to sell their tickets.
Just make sure to go through an authorized Disney ticket seller.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
TigerlilyAJ
DIS Veteran

Everyone has made good points about the parks being busier generally, villains being more exclusive, and how the tickets held aside for the Ultimate Experience (Happiest Haunts tour + MHP) are probably still available if anyone reading this thread needs tickets for a sold-out date.
I also noted that the Sold Outs are proof that Disney's new pricing system this year is working as effectively as any Microeconomics 101 class would expect: The sold-out dates were all the dates where APs and Disney Visa holders could get $46 tickets and others buying ahead could get a discount. So dates that didn't usually sell out are selling out in 2012 because lots of people don't want to be like me and pay $69 for Oct 31. (Although I'm sure Oct 31 will eventually sell out as in previous years--don't hesitate to buy tickets if you want those later dates!) They've successfully given people reason to go to earlier and/or mid-week dates, and for people who can't or won't budge from those Fridays or Halloween night itself, Disney is getting more money. Win-win from their perspective.
I keep fantasizing that $69 tickets will make Oct 31 a lighter party night than these sold-out dates. Yeah, right.
TigerlilyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #27
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
I keep fantasizing that $69 tickets will make Oct 31 a lighter party night than these sold-out dates. Yeah, right.
Yeah, I don't know about Halloween Day itself. I'm sure it will still sell out.

But this is making me a little more at ease for the 29th. When I bought the tickets for my family, I was aggravated at having to pay the full $69, without even getting an AP discount. Now I'm hoping against hope that everyone will be at the parties on the 26th and the 31st, and maybe ours will be slightly less crowded.

Well, I can always dream, can't I?

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #28
Jazzheffa
Earning My Ears

Just got home from Disneyland Resort! The party i went to on the 5th was sold out. It was a lot of fun because I went to the second Halloween parade and went through the treat trails after fireworks. The left side of the castle is the best place to be..Take a light throw to sit on as well. Then stand when the fireworks are shown. Can't wait until I go again next year. Also dance w/ buzz and army men in tomorrow land..

I wish I had that Disney feeling at work.
Jazzheffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #29
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerlilyAJ View Post
Friday the 12th was $64, adn it is sold out. Luckily, I bought my tix last night!!

Everything through the 26th is sold out. I called Guest Services and they said they are not holding any tickets for "Night of".
Malcon10t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Mal, me too! If you see a 12 year old girl dressed as a Sky Blue Crayola, she's with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
Just make sure to go through an authorized Disney ticket seller.
What is a person to do if they can't make the party? I don't advocate selling unused days or anything but I think this is different? If we couldn't attend I think we'd be out on Harbor finding some grateful ticket-less peeps (for no profit, of course).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: