Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Narcoosee's or California Grill for Wishes watching dinner

Now that I realize that California Grill isn't going to be closed for my trip in January, I'm torn between ending my MK day at Narcoosee's or California Grill.

I've done Narcoosee's before and I love it. I haven't done California Grill ever, so that's a point for it.

I suppose what I'm actually looking for is convincing that this is a situation where I should try something new.

Anybody done both and have some opinions?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I haven't been to Narcoossee's yet, but I loved California Grill My SO wanted to go back to CG this year but I made him pick a restaurant we hadn't tried yet (Narcoossee's).

CG is awesome. We didn't watch Wishes from it, but we did check out the view of MK from the outdoor balcony and it was neat even without fireworks.

Try California Grill!
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
jackie101
DIS Veteran

Went to CG in August and we loved it. We finished dinner, went out with our drinks to watch wishes (as our waiter suggested), came back in and ordered dessert. It was perfect, food and service were amazing
jackie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've done both and I think CG is quite a bit better than Narcoosees. I don't care for the fireworks from either so my opinion is based on food and service.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

I like both Narcoossee's and California Grill. In terms of food and service, I like Narcoossee's better - the food has always been excellent and the service is outstanding. In terms of fireworks, the views are both really good, but very different. At both places you can request a table with a view, but there is no guarantee that you'll get one in time. Personally, I prefer to go outside to view the show because the windows get in the way and, at Narcoossee's, people might block your view.

From Narcoossee's the fireworks generally appear to the left of the castle. From California Grill, the fireworks are much closer, both in terms of height and closeness.

Narcoossee's:

California Grill:
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #6
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

We have done both (twice) and I must say that, for us, Cali Grill wins. We had fantastic meals, impeccible service, and great views of the fireworks. It is definitely in a class by itself.

We really enjoyed Narcoossees our first time, but were slightly underwhelmed our second time. The service was spotty but the food was fine. We live at the beach in DE, so I think we are slightly spoiled when it comes to seafood.

For our upcoming trip, we decided to skip Narcoossees. Whichever you decide, have fun and I'm sure it will be a fabulous meal.
heatherandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
ArthurFiggis
Mouseketeer

Talking

Wow, thanks all! So, I was able to score a 7:40 ADR at California Grill, so even the Mouse is in favor of it.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #8
mickeeemouse
Mouseketeer

? for those who are answering. What time would be a good time to book your reservation for if you want to see the fireworks? Thank you

mickeeemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

In terms of times for reservations, if you can't get something close to fireworks, you can always save your receipt and come back. We dined at CG twice in August and our reservations were at 7:50 both times. We finished dinner just before Wishes began.

I think you made the right choice choosing CG over Narcoossee's. CG is our favorite restaurant. The service is always excellent and the food is to die for!! We have eaten at Narcoossee's twice, but would definitely choose CG. Enjoy your dinner!!
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

We do about an hour and a half before the scheduled fireworks time--
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: