Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
chocolatemint
researcher extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
Or his heater doesn't work and he doesn't want to tell you.
My thoughts exactly. His heater is probably broken and he doesn't want to pay to fix it.

chocolatemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
lbry9062
Earning My Ears

Owner - not advising pool heat

If anyone is still searching this thread... I wanted to say that I'm pretty sure we just stayed at the unit discussed in some of these comments - the one where the owner is a bit rude and tells you the pool heat is a waste of money. Well... I can't comment on the pool heat because we didn't even dip a toe in the small pool. The rest of the unit was pretty gross. Linens seemed like they were from Goodwill, among many other concerns. Stay away. I'm happy to confer with you if you want to double check the owners name. Just PM me.
lbry9062 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #18
lbry9062
Earning My Ears

Conniehar90

Connie - got your PM but apparently I can't send a PM since I'm new to the boards! I have a long response for you... can you PM me your email address or another way to contact you?
lbry9062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #19
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

Although I did not get a rant, I did get an owner that told me I wouldn't need pool heat because I am booking for 2 weeks in mid-August. First question is, is this true? I always go to FL in August but I stay at resorts both Disney and off-site and never realized if the pool was heated or not.
It's a reasonable price so it's not a big deal but I will be taking a toddler who may not be into cold pool water. Thanks.
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
nessz79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnycrzy View Post
Although I did not get a rant, I did get an owner that told me I wouldn't need pool heat because I am booking for 2 weeks in mid-August. First question is, is this true? I always go to FL in August but I stay at resorts both Disney and off-site and never realized if the pool was heated or not.
It's a reasonable price so it's not a big deal but I will be taking a toddler who may not be into cold pool water. Thanks.
I doubt you would need pool heat in August. Trust me, it doesn't cool down hardly at all at night, so the pool water probably stays warm all on its own.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

OP, here. We did end up renting this unit. We are not picky people (just need someplace clean with no bugs) and the price was really good so decided to take a risk. It does go to show you that everyone's expectations are different because we find the place perfectly acceptable. Some of the furnishings are a bit older but the towels and linens are fine. The place could use a bit of updating but again, not dirty or anything. Pool heat was on as requested. I did speak with the owner a couple times and he was very nice but I think he is just an older guy that speaks his opinion. The PP that thought the place was disgusting never did follow through and send me any details. I am glad we got the heat for the pool as it is a bit cool this week. We usually stay in a condo and we are finding we really like having the splash pool right at our unit!