Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

We're flying out tomorrow morning! Can't wait! Thanks for the updates on F&W. Can't wait to eat!!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymouse
We're flying out tomorrow morning! Can't wait! Thanks for the updates on F&W. Can't wait to eat!!
Weather has been amazing this week. Tomorrow is suppose to be warm but low humidity. Not sure about next week cause I go home Saturday! Have a wonderful time!

Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Ms. WDW

Today riding the bus in the dark TO the MK was a little different but fun! The park was really empty..more so than the normal 8am entry. I'm assuming this new hour is due to MNSSHP closing the park at 7:30. Did all my favorite rides and then some again! Hit the shops and then caught the bus back to the BW. Had an amazingly sunny day with no humidity. Spent a good 3.5 hours at the pool then went up and did a load of laundry. Don't want to leave it all for tomorrow.

Dinner was at Raglan Road again. Love that place. Tomorrow I do F&W for my final evening.

Now, heading somewhere... not sure where I'll wind up. But I'll let you all know later! Ha-ha

Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #19
Ms. WDW

Good morning Boardwalk. How I'm going to miss you.

Alas, today my last full day at WDW. I think I'll head back to the MK for a little then shoot over to the Studios to see a friend who is a CM. Come back for my last chance at the pool then pack. This way I won't have to do it tonight. One last trip around the World tonight to sample more of the goodies being offered and then that's it!

Early ME pickup tomorrow ; 7:15 so I'll probably finish this up back in NY!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #20
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Great trip report Glad you had a magical time

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #21
Ms. WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig
Great trip report Glad you had a magical time
Thanks...
I had a fantastic time but alas , all good things must come to an end.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #22
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Great trip report! Glad you had a great time!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #23
Ms. WDW

I'm freezing!!! Hahaha...when we landed this afternoon it was 45 degrees!!! Where's that warm Floridian sun???

Yes; I'm home. Back in "Da Bronx" watching the Yankees instead of "Stacey" telling me all about the "Must Do's" in WDW!!

My last day in "my happy place" consisted of getting up early and making it into the Magic Kingdom for the 8:00 am rope drop. I literally walked on just about every ride in the park!! I even made it to the Jungle Cruise. I haven't been on that ride in over 20 years!!! Had lunch at the Plaza; love their Club Sandwich and then headed back for some last day sun at the pool. And...while at the pool I had an oldie but goodie....a Rollercoaster Meltdown. It's not on the board anymore but "Joe" knew immediately what to do. It's a Pina Colada with a shot of Meyers floating on top. It's sooooo good.

Later that afternoon after putting the laundry on and packing I headed to Epcot for a last walk around the World. Boy was it packed!!! Quite a difference from earlier in the week. Didn't have anything that I hadn't had before and actually it was just a little too crowded for me so I ducked into La Hacienda. They seated me almost immediately. Had the house salad (I'd eat that as a main meal if it was larger) and the Tilapia.

Hopped on the bus to DTD for a last chance look for anything that I may want to bring home and looked into a few shops that I missed during the week. Love the Christmas shop and Pantry but nothing this trip really called my name.

Since I had an early ME Pickup (7:00 am) my evening ended a tad early but I still managed to get in the fireworks. Can't miss that on your last night!

This morning, as I sat on my balcony, in the dark drinking my last cup of Disney coffee, I thought about the wonderful week I had. I don't really get sad anymore when I have to go home because I know I'll be back. It's just that it goes so darn fast!! We sit here and plan and countdown the days and then.....POOF!!! The trip is over.

So, until I begin the next countdown to my happy place I'll continue to dream and re-live the wonders of Disney through all of your trip reports!! Thank you all for keeping me company on my journey.

And for all of you there now, have a fantastic time!!! I look forward to hearing all about your vacation!!

Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Thank you again Linda and glad you are home safe. 37 Degrees here yesterday morning - a bit too cold already.

Upcoming/planned trips:
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #25
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Thanks for the trip report. We will be there this time next week at the BCV. I'm at the "too excited to sleep" phase. I have already booked a Boardwalk view room for April so I have something to look forward to when we come home!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #26
Ms. WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
Thanks for the trip report. We will be there this time next week at the BCV. I'm at the "too excited to sleep" phase. I have already booked a Boardwalk view room for April so I have something to look forward to when we come home!
Oh I so know that feeling!!

Next month I'll book my Boardwalk view room for next October. Not sure yet if I'll come down late spring/early summer. Got some things going on. But planning the next trip really helps pass the time!

Have a fantastic trip!!

Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #27
Cee
DIS Veteran

Linda! Your vacation sounded like a dream. Next time, I think I will go solo. I enjoyed it so much the one time I did it and feel a need for that freedom again. I'm so glad the weather cooperated!

Till the next countdown, my friend......

OH...and sorry about the Yankees. At least they made it to the ALCS. My Nats blew a 6 run lead in game 5 of the NLDS......
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #28
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Gosh, I wish I had realized you would be there when I was (Oct. 9 - 16) so we could meet up. Our weather was perfect, wasn't it! Not one drop of rain our entire week and mild temps day and night.
I agree that it is hard to leave but it is the DVC "I'll be back" that makes it easier.
Thanks for the report!
Old 10-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #29
Ms. WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Gosh, I wish I had realized you would be there when I was (Oct. 9 - 16) so we could meet up. Our weather was perfect, wasn't it! Not one drop of rain our entire week and mild temps day and night.
I agree that it is hard to leave but it is the DVC "I'll be back" that makes it easier.
Thanks for the report!
Oh Jean I didn't realize it either! Well we'll have to coordinate better next year. Our weather was absolutely fantastic. I told my husband that this was probably the nicest Florida weather I've seen in all the years going there. Hope you had a good time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: