DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
Horizons16
Is experiment 626
Kawabunga!

AP / Dining Plan / Room Only

Hello,

My family just recently because DVC members. We have booked and used our points for July this coming year.

I am planning a short vacation in April with paying out of pocket.

What I wanted to know was how do I book an AP / Dining Plan / Room only combo?

Should I buy my AP then book the room and Dining Plan?

I am rather confused about this whole thing

Larry the Lobstah takes his last spin on The Barnstormer.

Horizons16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

You don't need the AP to book, only for your trip.

You are purchasing a ticketless AP package with dining. Your room must be either an AP discounted rate room or a full price room, no other discounts are allowed. It is a package and follows the package rules ($200 deposit, full payment due at 45 days out, same cancellation policies).

I believe you can do this on the AP holder site, but I'm not sure since I don't have a current AP. Obviously you can't do that if you don't already have an AP and would have to call Disney on the phone.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's no such thing as a dining plan with a room only reservation if you're booking through CRO/WDTC. as noted, what you want to book is a room/dining package for annual passholders. This is a package reservation, not a room only.

You would need to present the AP when you check into the resort, but you don't need it to book the reservation.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
Lizard Valley
Mouseketeer

Since you're a DVC member, have you considered taking advantage of the discounted Premium Annual Pass (PAP) offer for DVC members? Right now it's actually cheaper than the regular AP. You'd have to buy it before Dec 31st, 2012, but you can activate it anytime before Dec 31, 2013.

Then you can use the AP (or PAP) discount to book your room and dining plan package. (By the way, if you were considering taking advantage of a free dining promotion, you'd have to pay full price for the room, as well as add a minimum MYW ticket for each person on the reservation, so really not worth it).

You may find that getting one TiW card with your AP discount (75$) gives you more value. That may be cheaper than buying a dining plan.

Have fun!

Last edited by Lizard Valley; 10-08-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Lizard Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

I would suggest buying a Tables in Wonderland card. We like it much better than the dining plans. It gives you 20% off food and drink (including alcohol) at most full-serve restaurants, along with the quick serve locations at Animal Kingdom and the Value Resort food courts. You aren't locked into the dining plans' restrictions so we find it much more flexible.

As a DVC member the card will cost you $100 for one year (usually it lasts about 13 months), but since you will have an AP you can get it for $75. Visit any park or DtD location to purchase it.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

I am pretty sure the OP wasn't asking about free dining. They want to know about the AP ticketless package through WDTC, not using their DVC points. Free dining is a different thing, and isn't available for regular bookings in the US right now anyway.

With a ticketless package you are getting the room (with an AP discount if one is available) and the paid dining plan. No tickets. But it has to be in the form of a package. If the OP wants the more lenient payment and cancellation policies available with the room-only reservation, there's no way to retain those while adding a dining plan - if you get the dining plan, it's going to be a package, even without the tickets.

Since the OP has more than one trip planned I'm also going to suggest looking at the TIW membership at the AP rate of $75 rather than booking a dining plan.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
Horizons16
Is experiment 626
Kawabunga!

Interesting.

When I go in April I will be part of a party of 6. We will have 3 different rooms. When I go again in July it will be one reservation under the DVC points.

So for Tables in Wonderland... How many memberships or cards or whatever its called do I need? If my wife and I go to dinner do we just need one? What if I go out with 6 of my friends?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

I believe the TIW discount can be applied on parties of up to 10.

Sometimes the TIW cardholder has to be the check payer, so your friends might have to reimburse you (instead of check splitting.)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #9
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

TIW discount can be applied on one membership for the cardholder plus up to 9 guests; the cardholder must be present. However, all discounted meals are supposed to be on the same check. If they go by the stated rules of TIW, the cardholder also has to pay the check. That would mean other parties would need to reimburse you. But over two trips it could conceivably save more than the dining plan.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #10
Horizons16
Is experiment 626
Kawabunga!

Are either of you members?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #11
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Yes, for many years, since they started letting annual passholders get memberships. Used to be it was only available to Florida residents. Back then it was called the Disney Dining Experience, they changed the name to keep it from being confused with the Disney Dining Plan.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

We also have had TiW for the past 4 years or so. It fits our style of eating better. We don't do the DDP.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Not yet a member, but thinking we will buy one next trip, our first trip as DVC members.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: