Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Shell4624
Mouseketeer

What to wear late Oct/early Nov

Hi all, we're traveling to DLR the week of Oct 29th-Nov 2nd. We'll be attending MHP 10/29. I am not sure what to pack/wear. We're from Colorado so we are very used to temp swings. It will be myself, DH, DDs 7 and 11. We are staying on site at DLH. I'm wondering if the 2 piece jogging suits from Areopostale and Justice may be too warm for the weather. They have the zip up Sweat jackets and the girls can wear cami's underneath. They are full legnth not capri sweat pants.

My thought was that way they can put on the sweat jacket when cold and take it off when it warms during the peak of the afternoon.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA
Shell4624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
amusenteacher
Earning My Ears

Good to prep for temp swings. Halloween is notorious for being warmer than the rest of the month. But as soon as the sun goes down, it can get rather chilly. I think your plan is good, but I'd bring shorts for the kids, just in case. Sweats (jackets & pants) will be good for the morning & evening, cami/t-shirt for midday, but may want shorts for the afternoon.

If it helps, this morning is in the 60s, looks to be low 70s midday (feel like mid 70s) & mid to high 70s in late afternoon (3-6; feel like low 80s), then dip to 60s after 7. HTH!
amusenteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Shell4624
Mouseketeer

Thank you Amusenteacher, that does help! I appreciate your response.
Shell4624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
julieheyer
Crazy for the Mouse!

That will probably be fine. If they're ok in just camis. If not, a t-shirt would be my first choice, still jacket over top

We're going the 2nd week of Nov., and planning jeans, t- shirts, sneakers and sweat shirts/jackets. And lots of snacks . I'm hope DDs ( mine are 12 and 9) can tie their shirts around their waists. We'll see .

Past trips: Mar. 2013, Nov 2012, Oct. 2011, Mar. 2009, June 2006... Can't remember before that!
julieheyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

We are from oregon and also used to temp swings...today has been pretty dang warm in the sun and it is only 1130. I hear 79 but it feels like mid 80s. We went last year mid nov and were in jeans and short sleeves midday with jackets in the morning and night.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Layers are a must this time of year at DLR. As others have said, it can be warm and sunny during the day, but cool down quickly as soon as the sun sets. You should be fine, but don't forget that you can alway store some extra clothes in a locker for the day, to save you having to go back to the hotel to change.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
dsny1mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell4624 View Post
Hi all, we're traveling to DLR the week of Oct 29th-Nov 2nd. We'll be attending MHP 10/29. I am not sure what to pack/wear. We're from Colorado so we are very used to temp swings. It will be myself, DH, DDs 7 and 11. We are staying on site at DLH. I'm wondering if the 2 piece jogging suits from Areopostale and Justice may be too warm for the weather. They have the zip up Sweat jackets and the girls can wear cami's underneath. They are full legnth not capri sweat pants.

My thought was that way they can put on the sweat jacket when cold and take it off when it warms during the peak of the afternoon.

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA
We are from Chicago so we know cold. When my kids were your kid's ages what you describe would not have been warm enough for the very chilly nights and early mornings that Oct usually sees. One late Oct it was in the mid 80's during the day and the upper 60's at night and early AM, but that is not the norm. Plan on warm enough clothing for the mid to upper 50's early and late, with mid to upper 70's during the day. Also keep in mind once you get outside of DL it is colder, as there aren't buildings, attractions and body heat of many other people to shield you from the chill. It's been a weird year for weather everywhere and So Cal is no exception. This past July the temps barely reached the low 80's during the day and the nights were n the mid to low 60's, so just be prepared for anything between hot to pretty darn chilly. Have fun!!!

dsny1mom
dsny1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: