DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
jcanary
DIS Veteran

here at OKW and ........ issue

we arrived on Saturday and that night we had old friends stop over and all of a sudden we smell cigarette smoke. it was coming thru the connecting door. called front desk and they supposedly sent security. now comes Sunday and things were good during the day then at 2am my daughter sleeping in the living room woke me up and cigarette smell again. called they sent someone and then at 3am the tv is blaring, called again, security or shift manager goes over. then about 30 minutes later they were making noise like they were having loud hard sex right on the wall.... it isgetting terrible. Now we have to be inconvenienced and moved. They will be fined but they get to stay on the room and put two rooms out of commission because the smell is so bad. dont think this is right.
jcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanary View Post
we arrived on Saturday and that night we had old friends stop over and all of a sudden we smell cigarette smoke. it was coming thru the connecting door. called front desk and they supposedly sent security. now comes Sunday and things were good during the day then at 2am my daughter sleeping in the living room woke me up and cigarette smell again. called they sent someone and then at 3am the tv is blaring, called again, security or shift manager goes over. then about 30 minutes later they were making noise like they were having loud hard sex right on the wall.... it isgetting terrible. Now we have to be inconvenienced and moved. They will be fined but they get to stay on the room and put two rooms out of commission because the smell is so bad. dont think this is right.
Move your complaint up. Notify the Supervisor at the front desk and send an e-mail to member satisfaction right now.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

It is ridiculous that you should have to waste your vacation time moving because of rule breakers next door. They should be moved out of the resort altogether. Smoking policies are clear and should be enforced. Be polite but firm and do so with a supervisor at the front desk.
Sorry this is happening to you.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
Breyean
DVC Since '93

It's a shame the polite law-abiding guests should have to move instead of the rule breakers.

I was once in a studio for the marathon weekend. Needless to say, my hours were messed up, having to get up really early for the race. So when the people next door were talking REALLY loudly, I heard every word through the adjoining door. Wish they could do a better job with some sound insulation on them.

But the kicker was when someone started throwing a ball against the door, playing catch by themselves.

So went and knocked on the door. A boy was throwing a ball in the room right against the door. I talked to the parents who came to the door and explained what he was doing was quite annoying. I wanted to say, but didn't, was - I mean, do you let your kids throw balls against your living room wall?

They said it wasn't a big deal. I then told them all the stuff I had overheard the past couple of days - their plans for each day; their visit to one of their parents' homes in the are; where they were going to dinner that night.

They were stunned. I explained how, even with them speaking in a normal tone, their voices were easily heard on my side of the door, and I wasn't trying, I was trying to sleep.

That's when they agreed they didn't realize how the sound carried and told the boy to stop with the ball.

It worked out fine. An adult conversation and the issue was resolved since they weren't even aware of it before I brought it to their attention.

With the smokers the OP encountered, it was probably a different case, because as I recall you are told at check in about the smoking policy and they chose to ignore that and break the rules (and maybe FL law?).

Hope it all worked out OK.
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
jcanary
DIS Veteran

Well we have moved and the only compensation is being upgraded to a 2 bedroom. I have been working with a manager and this is the best they could do. Even though we are dvc members but we booked this thru RCI, DVC member services will do nothing. Also was told thatsince they are owners there are other rules that apply as to evicting them. I truly don't understand dvc especially. It is their resort and I am their guest. This has really given me a sour taste with their operation. The problem with speaking with them, they will retailerte like they did last night with the loud tv and sex. Well hopefully we can enjoy our Halloween party tonight.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

I would still send a email of complaint to the following:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Chuck S
DVC Boards Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I agree, I would follow up with emails in this instance. I wonder what shape the room will be in when they finally check-out? I've been fortunate, I'm currently at OKW and have one of the nicest 1 bedroom rooms I've had in years. No major problems, except that the safe was missing its key and a manager had to come out and replace it and there was a problem with the TV in the bedroom. Both problems were corrected within an hour of reporting them. The room has a nice view and all the appliances are working fine and it is very clean, except for some minor staining on the sofa and dining chairs, which I'd call normal wear and tear.

Also, I just want to insert a gentle moderation reminder...that the DVC Boards do not allow the discussion of smoking policies, as that is a policy of Disney Resorts, and not strictly DVC. But I will leave this thread open for the time being, as it is about more than just a smoking violation...but please refrain from any smoking specific comments. I'm also going to edit "smoking" out of the thread title Thanks.

DVC Member at OKW since 1992

Last edited by Chuck S; 10-08-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Chuck S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well we have moved and the only compensation is being upgraded to a 2 bedroom. I have been working with a manager and this is the best they could do. Even though we are dvc members but we booked this thru RCI, DVC member services will do nothing. Also was told thatsince they are owners there are other rules that apply as to evicting them. I truly don't understand dvc especially. It is their resort and I am their guest. This has really given me a sour taste with their operation. The problem with speaking with them, they will retailerte like they did last night with the loud tv and sex. Well hopefully we can enjoy our Halloween party tonight.
Complain through RCI and to the resort management in person. This is not a MS issue.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #9
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It literally stinks that other guests act like this, but what did you want them to do. As you said the rooms stink, so even if they kicked them out, they would have to be cleaned.

I mean yes it is a hassle to move but you got a two bedroom instead of a one and now due to that you don't have to worry about someone else being a pain next door.

And yes, rude people are not likely to change, we have that problem in our neighborhood, call the police and when the police leave they get worse.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Complain through RCI and to the resort management in person. This is not a MS issue.
The bad apple might have been a member so it could be a MS issue.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
The bad apple might have been a member so it could be a MS issue.

Bill
True but that would have been a separate issue related to the other party if a member, guest or renter. As for as the OP is concerned, this is an RCI and resort issue, not a MS issue.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #12
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
So now your daughter can sleep in a separate bedroom rather than in the living room. What compensation are you looking for?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Only compensation was an upgrade to a two bedroom?

Well, I was with you until you made that comment. That's a nice compensation. I'm curious what more you are looking for. Things happen and personally I think they did the appropriate compensation. Hopefully you won't have any further problems, let this one be behind you, and enjoy the rest of your trip.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
jcanary
DIS Veteran

"the only compensation "

that was my comment because my daughter is only here for one more day and then we have a room much too large for us. We lost about 4 hours of our vacation because we had to pack up wait for new room to be ready and then move, not to mention the nights sleep. Couldn't nap so we could enjoy the Halloween party. I would have been happy if they offered to compensate me the $95 resort fee. I am happy in this 2 bedroom in bldg 41 but I just don't think it's fair that I had to lose a day of myvacation. If the law breakers had left yesterday we may have stayed in the room but there was no way we were going to stick around if they were going to be as inconsiderate as they were the night before. Again my point is that there really is not a policy for law breakers here. What if I had a small child and they were doing those sex things that we heard so clearly?? Would you like to have had you child or grandchild be subject to that? They were so loud my DH was able to record it on his cell phone to play for manager, and believe me it is deleted now. I am going to try to enjoy and I will write to the other departments later. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
marynvince
DIS Veteran

sometimes, actually too many times I get sucked into a thread and follow to a boring conclusion

Boy did this one pick up nicely
marynvince is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: