Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
maslex
DIS Veteran

Rachael Ray-isms???

So I enjoy watching her shows. But it just grates my nerves with all her different sayings. But one just sends me through the roof.

It's actually not one of "her" sayings but to me it just sounds wrong. We've all heard the term "Shut the Front Door", right? Is there a reason why she just says, "Shut the Door"??? Do you think it's because she can't say the whole phrase or do you think she just doesn't know what she's talking about?
maslex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I don't watch her, but I can't stand YUMMO! Are you 4? No? Then the word is tasty, delicious, scrumptious or any other grown up word.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
So I enjoy watching her shows. But it just grates my nerves with all her different sayings. But one just sends me through the roof.

It's actually not one of "her" sayings but to me it just sounds wrong. We've all heard the term "Shut the Front Door", right? Is there a reason why she just says, "Shut the Door"??? Do you think it's because she can't say the whole phrase or do you think she just doesn't know what she's talking about?
I don't know what you are talking about.

I have never heard the phrase "shut the front door" unless I'm yelling it to my kids when the C/A is on in the summer.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
I don't watch her, but I can't stand YUMMO! Are you 4? No? Then the word is tasty, delicious, scrumptious or any other grown up word.
Actually its delish for RR!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

Stoup! It's too thin to be a stew, but too thick to be a soup. It goes great with sammies!

It has the added bonus of making me want to scream.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

She drives me nuts! I used to really like her but she's so over the top with the hand movements and the ridiculous sayings.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Not a fan of "baby talk" never spoke that way to my kids and they never spoke that way to me.

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #8
maslex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
I don't know what you are talking about.

I have never heard the phrase "shut the front door" unless I'm yelling it to my kids when the C/A is on in the summer.
The first time I heard this phrase was on an Oreo commerical. Go to youtube and type in Shut the front door. It should be the first or second video. My take on it is this, I think it's another way of saying Shut Up. But more (shut the *F* up) Sometimes when you hear somone say, "shut the front door" it sounds like they're about to say, "shut the *f* up).

But I'm wondering why she doesn't say Shut the front door and just says, Shut the door. And she says it so over-enthusiastically too, it just doesn't sound right.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
TheIncredibles!
Winner (?) of the Crazy MIL Award!

I can't stand her. Hate her giggle, hate her baby talk and I even hate how she gestures with her hands. Needless to say I try to avoid seeing her at all costs - lol
TheIncredibles! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofinoff View Post
She drives me nuts! I used to really like her but she's so over the top with the hand movements and the ridiculous sayings.
...oh I SOOOOO agree with this! Even my DH, who thought she was the greatest thing since french bread, can't stand her.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

....and MY personal 'nails-down-the-chalkboard'?? When she says "...I KNOW-W-W-W-W-W-W...."! UGGGHHHH!!!!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
I don't watch her, but I can't stand YUMMO!
It's no worse than BAM!!!!

Quote:
We've all heard the term "Shut the Front Door", right?
Not really. I've heard of shut the barn door (examine your zipper) or Check your ------ at the door (Get rid of something) or he/she is out the back door (cheating on you.) Would shut the front door be a statement of disbelief similar to the alternate meaning of Shut up!!!!!
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #13
luvmy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslex View Post
The first time I heard this phrase was on an Oreo commerical. Go to youtube and type in Shut the front door. It should be the first or second video. My take on it is this, I think it's another way of saying Shut Up. But more (shut the *F* up) Sometimes when you hear somone say, "shut the front door" it sounds like they're about to say, "shut the *f* up).

But I'm wondering why she doesn't say Shut the front door and just says, Shut the door. And she says it so over-enthusiastically too, it just doesn't sound right.
Thanks for the explanation, I guess I'm just not hip to what people are saying anymore!

Maybe she doesn't use "front" because that would mean she would be acknowledging there is a "back" door
Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
maslex
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Cannot_Wait_4Disney;46365412]It's no worse than BAM!!!!

Not really. I've heard of shut the barn door (examine your zipper) or Check your ------ at the door (Get rid of something) or he/she is out the back door (cheating on you.) Would shut the front door be a statement of disbelief similar to the alternate meaning of Shut up!!!!![/QUOTE]

Yep, that's how I take it.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
Debbie7452
Aspires to be a Tag Fairy
Official Race Team Manager

Sammies is the one that gets me. Can't stand her! oh yeah and the O-V-O-O...
Debbie7452 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: