Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
northwenald
DIS Veteran
 
northwenald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 530

Torrowland Dessert party on MVMCP night

Hi Everyone

I was able to get a reservation for the night of our MVMCP and now I am wondering if I should cancel it. Will it take too much time away from all the events going on in the park? It is just DH and myself. The big reason for booking it is for a better view of Wishes. Is it worth it for the view? I have read that people stand in front of the rail so does this mean I have to find a place to stand in order to get a good view? Everyone here on the boards are always so helpful.

Thanks everyone!!!!!
__________________
http://members.cox.net/disneyvacationclub/images/dvc_sigs/ssr.jpg[/IMG]
northwenald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 24,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwenald View Post
Hi Everyone

I was able to get a reservation for the night of our MVMCP and now I am wondering if I should cancel it. Will it take too much time away from all the events going on in the park? It is just DH and myself. The big reason for booking it is for a better view of Wishes. Is it worth it for the view? I have read that people stand in front of the rail so does this mean I have to find a place to stand in order to get a good view? Everyone here on the boards are always so helpful.

Thanks everyone!!!!!
In my opinion, getting a decent (free) spot for fireworks on a party night is not difficult nor does it require staking out a spot months in advance. I got a perfectly acceptable spot a couple of weeks ago at MNSSHP about ten minutes prior.
__________________
WDW: 45 visits (4 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 11 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

OP - I too was going to book Desserts until another poster pointed out to me that I have already paid $55 for a party ticket and then add on another (approx) $25 for desserts so the party is costing me $80. Then factor in that yes, you will miss the party atmosphere being 'cooped' up on the terrace. Thats one expensive party! So, I decided against it and will save the desserts party for another trip
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball
 
rlduvall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,556

While I personally love the Wishes Dessert Party, I would either save it for a night when there is no MVMCP or save it for another trip. That's almost too much fun for one night - spread the magic out.
__________________
rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
northwenald
DIS Veteran
 
northwenald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
OP - I too was going to book Desserts until another poster pointed out to me that I have already paid $55 for a party ticket and then add on another (approx) $25 for desserts so the party is costing me $80. Then factor in that yes, you will miss the party atmosphere being 'cooped' up on the terrace. Thats one expensive party! So, I decided against it and will save the desserts party for another trip


That's a really good point. I did not even think of that. So now that makes the price of the party more like $80 instead of $55 which is already to much money for what you get at the party. We are not big dessert people but if I knew I was getting a great view and I could sit and watch then that would be fine. I think I will save it for another night that I am not spending extra money on.

Thanks !!!!!!
__________________
http://members.cox.net/disneyvacationclub/images/dvc_sigs/ssr.jpg[/IMG]
northwenald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer
 
WillAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,869

I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake booking the Dessert Party when we are attending MVMCP. I know the kids will be blown away by the desserts and it will be their first time seeing the fireworks from inside the park.

There is only one MVMCP while we are there, since we are only doing a 3 day trip and it's primarily to see WDW during the Christmas season. First night, Candlelight Processional. Second night, MVMCP. Third night, Osborne Lights.

I won't be crushed if the kids don't want to hang out in the Dessert Party, so I'll be flexible with it.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake booking the Dessert Party when we are attending MVMCP. I know the kids will be blown away by the desserts and it will be their first time seeing the fireworks from inside the park.

There is only one MVMCP while we are there, since we are only doing a 3 day trip and it's primarily to see WDW during the Christmas season. First night, Candlelight Processional. Second night, MVMCP. Third night, Osborne Lights.

I won't be crushed if the kids don't want to hang out in the Dessert Party, so I'll be flexible with it.
Which night are you doing MVMCP?
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer
 
WillAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Which night are you doing MVMCP?
December 2nd.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 5,970

I booked mine for the MVMCP( only night i could) its DD 13th bday and I wanted something special other than a cake. I did it last year during a MVMCP party and it was fine
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 28,701

To me the biggest disadvantage would be that when you're done and exit the dessert party, it could be harder to find a spot for the parade. There's a lot of moving and jockeying around for position that happens just as the fireworks end.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
December 2nd.
If you havent' already you need to join our December Roll-Caller thread - its very entertaining and full of excited people http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2985145
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
pbarager
DDC #720
 
pbarager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 85

I did the same thing! I booked for Dec. 18 an when I realized it was a MVMCP night I called back and made it for Dec. 20. I CM i spoke with said I was very lucky to get the spot. Whew, that was close!
__________________



Me (Paul) DW DD 11DD 9

December 2012 CSR December 2013 WBC!!
pbarager is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.