Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

Bringing food on the ship

Question, we are going to have snack food with us as we are going to WDW after plus I want to be able to give my kids something 1st thing in the morning to hold them over from when they wake up until we get to breakfast. One of my girls gets really, really hungry and needs to eat something right away in the morning. I know you can bring some food on board but what qualifies "any open snack containers". If I have store bought food in a zip locked bag, can I bring it on or do I need to keep everything in the original containers? I was hoping to separate stuff into our cruise suitcase and our one for the rest of our trip.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2girlsLA View Post
Question, we are going to have snack food with us as we are going to WDW after plus I want to be able to give my kids something 1st thing in the morning to hold them over from when they wake up until we get to breakfast. One of my girls gets really, really hungry and needs to eat something right away in the morning. I know you can bring some food on board but what qualifies "any open snack containers". If I have store bought food in a zip locked bag, can I bring it on or do I need to keep everything in the original containers? I was hoping to separate stuff into our cruise suitcase and our one for the rest of our trip.
Factory sealed packages. Ziplocks aren't what they mean.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTmomma View Post
Factory sealed packages. Ziplocks aren't what they mean.
Thanks - I will have to limit what food the girls and my DH open before we board the ship. Most of what I bought is factory sealed in separate wrappers but some of the stuff is not - I will just "hid" that stuff from the kids until we are on board and then bring some empty zip locks to use once the stuff is open.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2girlsLA View Post
Thanks - I will have to limit what food the girls and my DH open before we board the ship. Most of what I bought is factory sealed in separate wrappers but some of the stuff is not - I will just "hid" that stuff from the kids until we are on board and then bring some empty zip locks to use once the stuff is open.
Once you're onboard, there's plenty of food for the taking. In the buffet, at the poolside quick serves, even room service. You can get single cereal boxes at breakfast everyday to take back to your room, if you wish.

I wouldn't worry about the availablity of food onboard.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
momto2girlsLA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Once you're onboard, there's plenty of food for the taking. In the buffet, at the poolside quick serves, even room service. You can get single cereal boxes at breakfast everyday to take back to your room, if you wish.

I wouldn't worry about the availablity of food onboard.

Thanks - I'm not worried about the food while on the ship, most of what I'm bringing is for our stay at WDW and the trip home which is all after our cruise. I've cruised before and now that I will always be able to find something to eat at anytime day or night. I just want to make sure to have a few special things on hand for my kids, especially my older DD for "those moments" when only certain things will do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: