Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
Belle4
Mouseketeer

Anyone use disboards app?

So I generally love the app. It is quick and easy to check my favorite posts. However my settings are driving me bonkers. I have it set to jump to the first unread post in the thread. But it always jumps to another random post and I am missing information. I read the note about thread marking when using the first unread post option but I don't know where to locate that setting. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help? Oh and if it helps I typically only sign on using the iphone. Hardly ever on an actual computer.
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

I've moved this to the Tech Board hoping someone can answer your questions there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
kristof65
Mouseketeer

I'm using it on my android with whatever the default settings are and it appears to be working fine in that regard, and has since I installed it over a month ago.

However, a few days ago, the app started giving me notifications that there where new posts in my subscribed threads, even when there aren't. Yesterday morning it gave me a seperate notification for every subscribed thread when only one had a new post.
kristof65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
rubybpc
It's all about Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof65 View Post
I'm using it on my android with whatever the default settings are and it appears to be working fine in that regard, and has since I installed it over a month ago.

However, a few days ago, the app started giving me notifications that there where new posts in my subscribed threads, even when there aren't. Yesterday morning it gave me a seperate notification for every subscribed thread when only one had a new post.
Same thing is happening to me! At all hours of the night I'm receiving notifications of new posts! I uninstalled it several times to see if it would help but it doesn't. I'm desperate, other than this I LOVE my DISboards app!
rubybpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Never mind. Found the answer.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
jdcthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristof65
Same thing is happening to me! I get about 5 notifications in a row now and there's rarely even a new post. At least now I know I'm not the only one.
Dreamer7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Same here. Glad I checked the tech boards was worried my phone was acting up

My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011
Up next: DLP, Paris, and London, October 2013. Girls only Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy, November 15, 2014. Three generations, my mom, me, DD (21), and DNiece (10) Mom and Niece are DCL newbies!
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
sgc1107
sgc1107

Same here!!! Need to update!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
EpicBilynn
Mouseketeer

Same here! I get 10+ a day! I just got another one that woke me up so I figured I would check the boards to see if anyone else had the problem. Glad I'm not the only pea in this pod!

Old 10-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Hi not sure if this helps - but I used to have the same problem - ie being woken up. I would turn off my sound but still the phone would still flash and light up the room. I use an iPhone 4S and recently upgraded the operating system to the new ios6 that came out ( when they released the new iPhone) in the settings it has a new do not disturb function - when this is on it stores all your notifications ie email or dis until until you pick up your phone and look . No more waking up ! Yeah

2011 Disney dream 5 night double dip *Bwv & AKV*
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

Med cruise 2007 - details review & pictures of Barcelona and boarding the magic*
*http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

7 night western 2006
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien
MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

I'm using the app on both my iPhone 4 and iPad first generation. I am having the same trouble only on my iPad, I keep getting notifications for my subscribed threads with no updates ever being posted. I'll monitor this thread if any one figures out a solution......so far I haven't. I may just turn of the notifications on the iPad for now.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
EpicBilynn
Mouseketeer

I wound up just turning off the notifications, but I left the badges on and one pops up all the time. I left it that way so I can see when this problem gets fixed.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

i'm having the same issues. However, I did turn off my notifications and they are still being sent. How can I stop the notifications?
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
EpicBilynn
Mouseketeer

Ok, so now it's no longer giving me a ton of phantom notifications so I turned them back on. Problem now? It's not notifying me at all! Anyone else seen it go from one extreme to the other?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: