Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #1
matthewclabaugh
I Love Disney!!

les chefs de france

We ate there two nights ago and was absolutely the worst experience anywhere... anyone else experience the same thing?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

It's one of our favorites. We ate there for the third time last week and loved it! Food and service were great, and we'd like to return again someday.

Why was it a bad experience? Food? Service?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

We LOVE chefs/france! We ate there a month ago. The food was INCREDIBLE! I cant wait to go back!

What happened to cause your bad experience? Was it the service or food or both? Please explain. Thanks!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 10-02-2012 at 07:36 AM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
Nohal
DIS Veteran

We ate there for the first time 2 weeks ago and loved it. The food was good and the service was excellent.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

We have eaten there the past few trips. We love it. It reminds us a little of our trip to Paris.

The French waiters can be a little ... well ... snotty. But that just gives it a more authentic feel.

One time the waiter asked my DH how the wine was and DH said, "Tres magnifique". Well the waiter rolled his eyes and the other waiters nearby snickered. We thought it was hilarious and now anytime someone asks how food/drink is, we always say "tres magnifique" and laugh.

I find their filet the best I have ever had. I llike it better than the California Grill filet.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
maggiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
We have eaten there the past few trips. We love it. It reminds us a little of our trip to Paris.

The French waiters can be a little ... well ... snotty. But that just gives it a more authentic feel.

One time the waiter asked my DH how the wine was and DH said, "Tres magnifique". Well the waiter rolled his eyes and the other waiters nearby snickered. We thought it was hilarious and now anytime someone asks how food/drink is, we always say "tres magnifique" and laugh.

I find their filet the best I have ever had. I llike it better than the California Grill filet.

Maggie
I totally agree! I was in Paris in July and loved it, Chefs definitely reminds me of Paris. Incredible food!

Yes the waiters can be snooty but like you said, it gives Chefs an authentic feel.

Chefs filet is better than Cali Grill filet? I hold the Cali Grill filet on a very high pedestal. Now im bummed I didnt order the Chefs filet! Darn it! Ah well, i'll just have to make sure to order it next time. Thanks for letting me know!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Our Ratings of Chefs de France: (5/21/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Chefs is a pleasant French eatery, although most dishes
have been Americanized. The service is a pretty slow and the servers
sometimes inattentive, just like in France. As a middle-priced eatery,
it is well placed. The food is average, except leave the snails to run in
the garden, as the snails they use have been downgraded. We also
thought the cheese plate was very tasty (but, we admit our senses
might have been blunted by the copious amount vino also dispensed
with the appetizer.) The atmosphere is good, but, the tables are
uncomfortably close to one another.
TheRustyScupper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
sabcook
Mouseketeer

We have eaten there 5 times now and had one bad experience. It was a poor/slow service issue and I was tempted to let it keep me away but I am glad I didn't because our next visit was the best we ever had there! I also had to remember that the bad experience was when the kids were young (2 and 5) and very tired after a long day in Epcot. We had tried to do the later dinner and see Illuminations and just didn't get that it was way too late for the kids (and us!) - that made the slow service even worse and everything bad was magnified. The next trip we were sure to get an early ressie and pace ourselves that day and voila!- it did the trick.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Pygoplites
Mouseketeer

I'm not a fan, either. It's so far below my benchmark U.S. brasseries/bistros that I've pretty much given up on going back. Their wine list is dull and most of the food seems like they're just going through the motions. I like the ambiance, but that's about it.
Pygoplites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's not fabulous, and I much prefer lunch to dinner because of the inconsistency of quality at dinner, but I've never had cause to refer to it as "the worst experience anywhere."
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
Alabama Minnie
DIS Veteran

We prefer lunch at Chefs. Done dinner twice and not that great food-wise IMO. Had the filet (not as good as LeCellier IMO) and short-ribs (fatty). We really like the pre-fix lunch (quiche, onion soup, dessert) the best. "Reasonable and Tasty" when paying OOP.

2013-(2/14)AoA/Dolphin/(12/13)WL***2014-(11/14) POLY with (ds) (ddl) and (dgs) 1st visit
2012-Universal/Dolphin**2011-BWI/POLY/WL**2010-POLY/ASMu/CSR**2009-AKL/Dolphin/CSR/Pop**2008-CR/ASMo/Pop**2007-FQ
Alabama Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #12
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Ate there about 2 weeks ago and had a nice experience, just service was a bit slow but other than that, food was good not great, service good but slow, ambiance is a bit busy but we had a window seat so we looked outside alot and even watched Illuminations from our table..
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygoplites View Post
I'm not a fan, either. It's so far below my benchmark U.S. brasseries/bistros that I've pretty much given up on going back. Their wine list is dull and most of the food seems like they're just going through the motions. I like the ambiance, but that's about it.
This mirrors my last experience. Our meal was pretty much a disaster and I have no desire to go back. That said, there are people on this board whose opinions I value and respect greatly who love the place. I'll chalk it up to the inconsistency that comes with the territory of doing hundreds of covers a day, 7 days a week. Still, I am in no hurry to play that game of chance again any time soon.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #14
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiew View Post
Awh...my husband would totally say something like that (as I die of embarrassment from his French ).

Yes, the waiters make it such an authentic experience.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewclabaugh View Post
We ate there two nights ago and was absolutely the worst experience anywhere... anyone else experience the same thing?
No, never. Sorry to hear, and I'm wondering what happened that made it so bad. You didn't mention anything, matthewclabaugh.....any reasons why you had a bad time.

Last edited by Dizzytime; 10-02-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: edit for stupid spelling...
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: