Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
dtripli
Mouseketeer

Date Night With Hubby

We'll be heading to our favorite place in just a few weeks; so Im trying to tye up all the loose ends. DH and I are hoping to get a night out without the kids and Im trying to decide between California Grill and Narcoossee's? It would be nice to see the fireworks, but I know its all a matter of timing....what do you think? Where would you prefer to dine and why? Hmm maybe I shoud throw Yatchsman Steakhouse in the mix as well....what do you think?

I appreciate your input!
dtripli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

My thoughts--and it's just an opinion, mind you, is to skip iit unless the child care you need going to be free. We put our kids into the Neverland club (we were staying at the Poly) and had a delicious dinner out at a signature--Artists Point. It was lovely and my kids had fun, but it ended up being a couple hundred dollars for the night. The babysitting was very basic--dinner, watch videos, and coloring. We decided we'd rather have more family time on vacation and our date nights at home. We do live somewhere with amazing restaurants though, ymmv on that.

Now, we did it again when the grandparents were with us and went to Flying Fish and that was great.

I'd rather spend the extra on a P&P cruise or such.

Btw--the restaurants were both full of kids, even at 8pm. basically You can get away from your kids, but that doesn't mean you'll get a kid-free evening.
2girlsR2good is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #3
Dreamfindersgirl
Becoming a Disney Princess

The California Grill! The ambience is great, the food is amazing, and the views are great. I've been twice and it was always fantastic.

:
2008- First ever visit- BCV
2010- First Value Resort- ASM
2011- First Moderate Resort- POR
2013- Our 4th Visit- Heading to the ROYAL ROOMS- POR again!

DISNEY WORLD WILL ALWAYS BE MY SECOND HOME!

When you wish upon a star, your dreams DO come true!

The countdown is ON for our next WDW TRIP!
Dreamfindersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

I think the Wave is a very understated restaurant. The food is really nice and the setting/service is good too.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Sgt Tibbs
Mouseketeer

My order would be;

The view from the California Grill coupled with the service and the food make it one of our favorites.

The yachtsman is also a wonderful spot for a "date night" with excellent food and service.

Narcoosee's is also great but I found it loud inside.

We left our son at the cub's den one year and he had a great time. We were staying at the Wilderness so it was easy for us to pick him up after dinner. If you are using one of the kid's clubs you might pick a restaurant close to where you are dinning. (e.g. if eating at California Grill pick one of the monorail kid's clubs, GF or Poly.)
Sgt Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #6
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

We do our date night at Victoria & Alberts or bluezoo (more adult atmosphere) and the kids use the Sandcastle Club at Beach Club. Camp Dolphin does provide 2 hours complimentary childcare (one child per each adult dining) if you are dining at one of their high-end restaurants but we have only used Sandcastle Club.

It's only my personal preference but I like an adult atmosphere for an adult dinner and our experiences at CG and Narcoosees have been anything but that.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
dtripli
Mouseketeer

Thank You

Thanks to all for your suggestions....I think we are leaning toward California Grill....Fortunetly we've got older teens to watch our 4 year old back in the room....we just need to set them up with some movies and food and its all good!
dtripli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I know alot of ppl would choose signature places like CG, Narcossee, AP, V&A but to me one of the most romantic restaurants just b/c of the ambiance.. Is San Angel.. I love to sit in there and watch the boats go by and feel like Im in a little village at night.. The mariachi bands that come and play just makes it even better..

My husband and I LOVE Epcot so a nice meal in SA and then a walk around Epcot, maybe watch Illuminations.. Perfect Date Night! LOL IMHO
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtripli View Post
Thanks to all for your suggestions....I think we are leaning toward California Grill....Fortunetly we've got older teens to watch our 4 year old back in the room....we just need to set them up with some movies and food and its all good!
Me and the lady absolutely LOVE our dates at the California Grill. It's consistently one of our favorite places to eat. The service is always spectacular, the view can't be beat, and the food is delicious.

We'll be celebrating on our honeymoon here in December.

I say good choice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: