Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

great trip report!!!

we love citricos too!! outstanding food and service!!
shame about the wild kids next to you...i just don't understand parents...
do they think that when they're on vacation, they're also on vacation from proper parenting????

glad you enjoyed sci fi! we also enjoy it there! the best veggie burgers on property

well i'm all packed and ready to go! maybe i'll see you on the other side of the ocean!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #32
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

What a complete tool. The driver that is. Not a good display of the disney reputation. As for the clampit family and their kids well I can empathise with you there. I had the same issue at H&V in HS. The kids were throwing food and some hit my mom and they never said a word to them But I did the waitress also kindly asked if they wouldnt mind leaving as there had been several complaints. We had a free return meal as we paid Oop as mom had gravy splatters all down her topCan laugh about it now but so annoying at the time.
Good job they left you to have dome peace.
Great TR Cindy
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #33
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Hi all really sorry for the lack of trip report!

We have had a rather manic week,& the internet is AWFUL at SSR looking forward to going to Springhill suites so I can have faster access..

So… Mum and I went to Walmart after she had been so upset about not being able to do too much at Disney and struggling with the ECV “I think being left behind and the kids all being so upset had a lot to do with it”
We bought quite a bit and DH was rather pleased that himself and the boys went to DQ & swimming! He says we can make a day out of a 2 hour trip(he would of course be correct) I got the boys some great Halloween PJs they love new PJs and so was pretty pleased with them.

When I got back to the room the floor next to my bed was really wet! I picked up a plastic bag that had a new teddy in it and it was filled with water!? I called Maintenance who took an hour to come up,I had noticed a wet floor the day before but thought it was Ian just getting out the shower! Maintenance came and said it was us that had over flowed the bath..
That would be great except we had not even used the bath lol!
They told us to put towels down and they would have somebody come up and suck out the water and dry it. I went for a nap & when DH & the boys got home the carpet was so bad it was seeping water everywhere and pooling from under the carpet, we called the man up again who said that we needed to move because the leak was coming from behind the wall! By now it had ruined 2 tops of mine and coloured the bottom of my suitcase! Due to when we was out I had new shorts under 2 tops and the dye came out of them! Plus onto the case.

We was told that if we packed up our stuff they would sort a room and have it ready for that night ,We had Narcoosees booked for 7.30 and so they offered to get us there as we was no-where nr being ready due to having men in & out of the room for the last few hours!

Narcoosees!

Wow what can I say everything about this meal was AMAZING the food the view and atmosphere! I had the lobster & steak along with DH mum had just the lobster & the boys all had steak! Brandon shared with me and we have found he really loves seafood!

When we got back it was around 12 we sent mum back with the boys while we sorted our new room,we was given a room that was in the middle of no-where!! Dirty with leaves in the door way it was old and the view was of over grown trees,Not what we was expecting aftyer the room we had already had so as it was now 1 we went back to the old room until the next day!

AK day day 6

We went to Tusker house today as mum decided she would sort the room for us so I will go through our AK day then switch back to the room issues!
Tusker house as usual was brilliant this is one of the boys favourite places to eat they really enjoy the interaction from the characters here and It didn’t disappoint, Goofy was very funny and played allot with the boys. This is where Photo pass plus really becomes a great thing to have. We got a big picture with Donald of the whole family plus 1 of the boys which we would have ended up buying anyways as I can not resist a picture of the boys!
After spending around 4 hours in the park & getting all boys on Everest for the 1st time we decided to head back and see what was going on with the room!

We expected everything to be sorted but when arriving back to the old room we found out that mum had been in the room waiting for a call to give us our new room number! She had been told that they was going to call by 10…It was now 3!! She had been told not to leave the room as the keys would be deactivated and she would not be able to get back in.So Ian called up and after another hour we finally got a new room in the Paddock section! The boys are more then happy with the area we are in as we look right over the pool the view is FAB! After we was all settled again we managed to make our ADR for Cape May which we all enjoyed very much!

Cape May.
After a rather long journey we was all very happy to finally be at Cape May, Mum & I are huge sea food fans and so was very pleased to be eating here, The seafood chowder was so good I could have only eaten that all night lol, I also managed quite a few desserts  .
Our next day was ment to be at Epcot but the boys decided they wanted to stay by the pool as the pool activities was so much fun, so we ended up staying by the pool all day and then only making it to Epcot to eat dinner at Coral reef around 9! In fact we was the last ADR and stayed right until everybody else had gone .Our server was amazing and interacted with the boys all night telling them where “hidden mickeys” was and then sending them on a hunt to find them.Plus we was right next to the tank which was brilliant, all of our food was pretty decent here as I know it can be hit and miss.

We have really lucked out weather wise its been hot everyday right up into the night so I had no need to worry about the rain! (now ive said that it will poor down )lol.
Right well its 2,30 here so I best get some sleep hopefully now that the internet seems to be sorted I will be able to keep up with the report!! Also I have set up a photo bucket account! ”FINALLY” so if I get time ill pop up some pics tomorrow.

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #34
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Well after moving to the AOA andhaving NO internet what so ever Im really pleased to finally be able to get back on here!!

I will fill in the rest of our days later as I have alot to write about but for now I just wanted to do a quick one and say that........

AOA was AMAZING we stayed in the LMR and the place was full, We tried to upgrade at check in to a suite close to thge main hall as my mums ECV have broken and wont charge so we was worried about her being to far away from everything after the reports of the LM section being miles away

They offered us a wheelchair free of charge for the rest of the stay and told us they would have done a free upgrade if they had any rooms but the whole month is fully booked!

Well we did not need to worry it was like a 4/5 min walk we hardly noticed it, You walk through the Lion king section to get to LM and its so beautiful that before you realise your already at the LM,

We had pool view it was beautiful!,The boys was so happy as they thought it was going to be too girly and it wasnt girly at all really,The LM pool is heated to BATH temp!!! It was like walking into a bath no joke! The boys even said it was too hot
The other pools are just normal temp and so even though the Nemo pool was really nice we preferred the LM one.

We enjoyed a relaxing day by the pool and did no parks at all then DH & I went for dinner at Planet Hollywood (which we really enjoyed) and done some last min shopping at DTD.
I have bought to Disney bags and some really pretty scarfs Dh got a £200 Star wars lego set as he gets one every time we go! plus a few other bits.

Boys went to Ride Maker and we bought them each a new shell and stickers as they already have a car each at home they just wanted to be able to change it around!Plus they each built a DINO teddy they wanted to do it all trip and we told them that if they saved the money for the outfit they wanted for their Dino we would by the Dino,They all saved $35 for an outfit each.

We had an issue with our MNSSHP tickets with them putting the wrong date on them so we then had to get to Magic Kingdom as we was told by the AOA manager thats the only place they can change them! We was told that we could just turn up on the day we wanted and change them at the gate but I wasnt prepared to risk that with it being so close to halloween.

So after that was sorted we got a Taxi to Springhill Suites seaworld the taxi was only $24 and that was for 6people with 7 cases and 10 shopping bags

We was given a handicapped room which normally id be really unhappy with but the room is HUGE and since we have the boys and they have to sleep on the sofa bed its great to have the space.
We did have to get the sofa bed cleaned when we arrived as when i pulled it out it was full of crumbs and stains

This afternoon it has been chucking it down so we decided to take the boys to cinema to see Hotel Transylvania "it was brilliant" now we are all in bed ready for Universal praying the rain clears up but at least we have had 17 very hot days

Im gutted to have left Disney but im looking forward to Universal & shopping it just seems to be speeding by now!

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: