Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #16
m1ckeymouse
Mouseketeer

Glad you liked it, we swopped a few things too so that the boys got a rice crispie treat each. Disney florist were so helpful and i'm glad it was on the table, they were not sure if they would be able to put it in the room for you in case of room changes.

Can't wait for MK

Ian said he wants pictures

Have a wonderful time

Walt Disney World
POR, 26 Oct-9 Nov 2013 | POP Century, 4-16 February 2012 | POP Century, 4-18 Decmber 2009 | All Star Movies, 28 Dec 2004 - 11 Jan 2005 | All Star Movies, Nov 2002 | All Star Movies, Nov 1999

Disneyland Resort Paris
Hotel Cheyenne, Apr 2011 | Hotel Cheyenne, May 2008 | Hotel Cheyenne, Dec 2007 | Hotel Cheyenne, May 2007 | Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 1998
m1ckeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:59 AM   #17
kitcat1
Mouseketeer

Great start to your live report....good to hear about the good service on the new airbus as we are on that in a few weeks.....getting really excited now. Have a great time.

Cath
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #18
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

thanks for taking time to do a live report
have a great holiday
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
Clare D
Minnie Mania

Hope you all have a great time. It sounds like the holiday has got off to a great start with your gift basket

August 13 - SSR
August 12 - OKW and Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas and RPR
July 09 - Chicago & POR
Nov 06 - GF, Disney Wonder
Oct 05 - AKL
Dec 04 - Offsite
June 99 - Offsite
Aug 92 - Offsite

Clare D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #20
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you arrived safely to a lovely surprise

Look forward to hearing more
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Glad you arrived safely and the surprise went well. Hope you all have a fantastic time and I look forward to reading your updates
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #22
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Hi all

Well the last few days have been mega busy and ive wanted to get on here and report back but internet at SSR is very up & down! we have had limited access on & off hence the lack of reporting

Day 1 Magic Kingdom

well I woke up at 4.30 and could not get back to sleep so I un-packed andwatched tv..The Weather has been really lovely,we arrived at MK for our Crystal palace adr at 9 and everybody really enjoyed their breakfast boys didnt eat half the amount of what they do at home due to being so excited!

we did quite a few rides but the parks are insane for this time of yr,Im not sure i have ever seen it like this for the start of October some ride lines are 45mins or more
POC id down until friday (not sure exactly why but was told a tech problem)
we had lunch at Cosmic rays that we didnt really need but boys was happy to have a hot dog

We went back and washed and changed for Chef Mickeys and on the way back got stuck on the bus for 15mins due to the lift getting stuck! Ian got up and fixed it in the end with somebodys keyring!!

Chef Mickeys!
This was another 1st for us....
Mum was too tired to come with us and really so was the boys but they insisted after a 30min swim that they wanted to go,Food was actually really good The interaction from the characters was some of the best we have had.

Day 2 Typhoon lagoon.

Today we decided to do a water park and although it was really nice and sunny there was a wind that made it feel a little cooler.

Our 1st major issue!!............
On the way to TL the bus was over 30min wait while we waited we talked to the guy who sorts the buses (Colin was his name) he gave us a fast pass as the wait was so long now we didnt really mind the wait what happened next was the real issue.
The bus arrived and the driver opened the door now every other driver has come up and asked if anybody with the ECV is going on that bus! This did not happen so Ian myself and the boys boarded on the way on we told the driver we have and ECV he didnt hear us so we said it again and went and sat down a few secs later he closes the door & starts to drive off!! we all scream out that we have an ECV he does not stop so ian shouts again, he stops the bus opens the door and Colin the bus man is shouting to him that he has forgotten the lady with the ECV, The driver then shuts the bus 7 drives off again!
Again we scream out what are you doing we have the ECV and he turns around and shouts at us that the lady is not going to Typoon lagoon.......We call back that the lady is with us so she is going to TL he shouts back again and says that Colin waved him on at this point all 3 boys are crying as they think nanny is left alone.
We tell the driver he has to go back and i kid you not he had a go at us saying that we should have told him about the ECV he then goes around the whole of SSR and stops at EVERY stop again! By this time the boys are a mess Colin at this point called through and put in a complaint when we finally reached mum it had taken over an hour and we had not left SSR! We was told by Colin that we had to report the driver ourselves as well as himself doing it as he had told the driver that he needed to stop and load the ECV!
so not the best start and now the boys wont leave my mums side while boarding the bus.
Typoon lagoon was packed 60mins for the family raft ride.
we left at 4 to go back freshen up for T.REX

All of us loved T.REX yes its loud but the boys thought it was excellent and are pleased we have another ADR for there!
we did have a mix up with our plan we wanted to pay OOP for the kids meals and i didnt want to have a meal as i didnt feel to well so i was going to share with mum,well the server put the kids meals through as adults on the DDP and put an extra credit in for me who didnt order anything?
He wasnt too pleased when we told him to fix it,Maybe they shouldnt take the credits off at the start of the meal!

Epcot day 3
We went to Arkushus for breakfast and it was lovely I would not say its worth $280 for 6 people though "thank god for the DDP" food was great,we did most of the rides and the boys was gutted to learn TT was not open as its a favourite of theirs.
We headed back at 3 because it was so hot and the boys & ian wanted pool time (I slept as im finding it a littlehard to go from bed rest to Disney in a matter of wks)lol

Ian & I went to Citrocus tonight and the food was AMAZING we both had the beef it was perfectly cooked.
we had a table of 4 children next to us and was glad when they left as they was running around and screaming plus the parents did not care less.I dont mind kids at a restaurent but this was so bad that the waiter came & said how sorry he was luckily they left as we was half way through our main.

So everything so far apart from a few little things has been fab
The boys keep saying how they can not believe they are here and keep saying we are the best parents in the world

I will try and get Ian to help me up-load pics in the morning as im not very Tech haha.

Tomorrow is Hollywood studios eating at Sci-fi for the 1st time

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #23
Wills Mom
DIS Veteran

Sounds wonderful thus far with a few exceptions! I'd have been raging at that bus driver!! The poor boys sound like they got really worked up bless them!! Enjoy the rest of your time and I look forward to your next update

Wills First Adventure TR May 2013

Wills Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:07 AM   #24
m1ckeymouse
Mouseketeer

Hi Cindy!

Sounds like you're having a fab time. Were you actually trying to leave nanny behind after Alton Towers!?!? Seriously though, shame you had to go through that though and hope its not affected your time in the sun!

Have a fab rest of the trip, can't wait to see some photos!

Ian

Walt Disney World
POR, 26 Oct-9 Nov 2013 | POP Century, 4-16 February 2012 | POP Century, 4-18 Decmber 2009 | All Star Movies, 28 Dec 2004 - 11 Jan 2005 | All Star Movies, Nov 2002 | All Star Movies, Nov 1999

Disneyland Resort Paris
Hotel Cheyenne, Apr 2011 | Hotel Cheyenne, May 2008 | Hotel Cheyenne, Dec 2007 | Hotel Cheyenne, May 2007 | Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 1998
m1ckeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #25
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

What a pain with the ECV, I wonder why he just ignored you?

Sounds like you have has some lovely meals so far - enjoy the rest of your trip
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #26
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you are having a great time.

Shame about the bus driver incident.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #27
CAROLINE4
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report so far cindy! Sorry about the bus driver hope all your other days are magical! Xxx

caroline n Jay Connor Callum Cole Ava
Off site march 2007-solana, off site october 2009- formosa gardens and MARRIED ON COCOA BEACH!: off site April/May 2012 Lisax is my sister!xx
CAROLINE4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #28
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Hi all
Thanks for reading my report

Yes it was areal shame about the driver

Hollywood studios
Well today we went to HS and have had a wonderful day, Firstly This morning my mum told us that she has been finding this holiday harder then others( she is 80 & just before this trip was diagnosed with 2 leaky heart valves and Kidney disease ) and that she has decided to only join us on a few park days! She said that its making her a little nervous with all the people that just walk right infront of the ECV and she is afraid she could hurt somebody.

Its made us all a little upset as she has been thinking about my dad alot and how he felt during his last few trips after he had 7 heart attacks & couldnt do much as he struggled,but she really enjoys getting on her ECV and exploring the resort so we decided to change up our touring style for tomorrow.
From tomorrow on we will stay around the pool during the day unless its morning magic hours the boys will then nap early lunch "OK try and nap"then we will take them out late afternoon to do the parks when its cooler,The boys actually are loving the pools at SSR & so are more then happy with this idea
Mum can see the fireworks etc as we have booked California Grill and Ohana which we will pop down to the beach after to see Hallow wishes
So I will report on how that goes for us!

Anyways back to today
We got to HS just before lunch time at SCI-FI this was another 1st for us and everybody thought it was just fantastic!! The atmosphere is so cool it really is very unique.
I had the new york strip with garlic mash and med style veg,the Twins had a burger with hotdog in which they split and they had more then enough,DH had the Turkey sandwich & Brandon the build your own burger everyone really enjoyed there meals,My steak was a little fatty but apart from that all was great,Dh had the oreo milkshake WOW that was good!! he was allowed this on the plan as his drink PLUS a dessert.
Boys shared a cheese cake Dh had peanut butter choc cake & I had the hot fundge sunday.These was too much for us all but we did our best

The Twins rode RNR for the 1st time as they just made the height Ethan our youngest twin is actually shorter then Anthony his twin brother & so was very lucky to just scrape through as he is a good inch shorter then his twin which can let him down at times (he eats no fruit or veg and so we explained that his brother is bigger due to that hopefully he may start to try now)
While queing the ride broke down as we was just about to board! So we all got FP for later. When we came back the boys who was at the front (due to a couple pushing in front of the boys at the part where you nearly reach the loading bay) loved it so much they told the lady where you got off and she sent us straight through the gate that brings you back to the loading bay!!! we then got loaded right to the front again as the lady said the boys was so lovely & fun to talk to earlier in the day that we was her FAV family & she wanted the boys to be able to ride up front again

Dh was really excited to ride the new Star tours so much so he wore his Lego Star wars top today
We all enjoyed the ride so much that we rode it 3 times in a row!! twice we had the same story line exactly and that last time it was completly different,I can not praise the new ride enough its so much fun.
Thw twins then wanted to spend their money on a make your own light sabre & Brandon bought a Darth Goofy.They then wanted to surprise daddy with a starwars teddy so we bought the duck that looks like the red & black guy "DH will never forgive me for forgetting his name "

After doing TOT/RNR/STAR TOURS/ we called it a day and went back to the pool to see mum who said she had a nice day exploring the resort and then going and doing crafts.
Ian & I then popped to DTD after watching half of Hocus pocus by the pool while the boys played,Ian has seen his Star wars lego that he would like....He gets a new model every time we come so its now become tradition! This new set is $199 before tax thats like a few HANDBAGS....so we are picking that up tomorrow.We then had dinner at Wolf gang puck express.We shared the BBQ chicken pizza & creme brulee it was just as good as everybody says and we will def go back as its a great use of a QS credit!

When we arrived back at the room they had changed the locks to the new infa red Mickey ones! (I have taken a pic and tomorrow will up-load all the pics ) so all we needed to do was hold our old key card up to the lock and it opens.
Tomorrow is our new style touring.
Mum & I are going to spend afew hours going to Target etc while the boys play atthe pool,The boys are excited to ride in the dark at what ever park has the latest hours and we have dinner at Narcooses so mum will see fireworks

Old 10-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #29
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
What a pain with the ECV, I wonder why he just ignored you?

Sounds like you have has some lovely meals so far - enjoy the rest of your trip
I know! I have no idea but we was really lucky as like i said the guy who sorts the buses was there & we had been talking to himfor about 20mins before the bus turned up & so he saw what happened and reported it straight away, What got us is after we all was shouting that he forgot the ECV and the person on it that he stopped the bus opened the door colin "the bus guy" came up to the door and told him he forgot the ECV he then shut the door and drove off again!!
we then of course started shouting again as we was sat at the bk and he turned ans shouted SHE IS NOT WAITING FOR THE DTD BUS!!! so Ian ran down & called back yes she is she is with us.He then says that Colin waved him on! which is NOT what happened & so proceded to shout at DH telling him he did not hear us tell him about the ECV? by this time when the boys was crying Ian was pretty mad and said he didnt care if he thought that Colin had waved him on that he had 5 people shouting that he had forgotten a member of their family and he should have
1.listened
2.Gotten up to see what everyone was shouting about!
neither time that we was shouting out did he get out of his seat!! He just shouted rudely at us.
which is why Colin asked us to report him ontop of him reporting him too! It did shock us that we was the only ones on the bus and yet instead of going straight back for my mum he stopped at every stop all over again to pick up people!.Not caring that the boys was so upset.
He never apologised to either my mum or ourselves,Infact he got up and had a go at Colin saying that he waved him on and said the lady was NOT going to DTD or Typhoon lagoon which my mum even said that Colin ran after the bus radioing him saying he had left somebody.

Luckily the rest of the trip has been very wonderful x

Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Well I'm glad you had a lovely day and the new touring plan seems great I'm sure your mum will have a great time and it sounds like she is quite independent - watch she doesn't go off to DTD for a few cocktails!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: