Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #91
Amy18
Eternal DISnerd

Oooh- pineapple and raspberry would be fantastic!

Amy
"A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Please join me for my blog:
http://amysamazingdisneyadventures.wordpress.com/
And on our weekly podcast:
http://www.mqpodcast.com/
----------------------------------------------
4/90 FtW 4/92 Poly 7/92 FtW 11/00 ASMu
5/02 ASSp 4/03 condo 4/05 CBR 4/06 Pop
3/07 CBR 5/08 AKL 4/09 BC 4/10 DCL Magic 10/11 Pop 11/11 ASMo 2/12 YC 5/12 CBR
2/13 AoA & DCL Dream 10/13 ToT10Miler
11/13 DCL Fantasy
Amy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #92
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Here's to hearing good news tomorrow!!
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #93
Erin in RI
LoveDisneyRunning

If you want to see how my day went...sewing, running and all...you can check out my blog post. First running costume for WDW Marathon weekend is half made!

Hopefully tomorrow's post will be filled with MP details! to everyone waiting!

My FB athlete page "For the Love of Disney Running"
http://lovedisneyrunning.blogspot.com/
@LoveDisneyRun
http://pinterest.com/lovedisneyrun/
Instagram - lovedisneyrun
Erin in RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #94
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin in RI View Post
If you want to see how my day went...sewing, running and all...you can check out my blog post. First running costume for WDW Marathon weekend is half made!

Hopefully tomorrow's post will be filled with MP details! to everyone waiting!
Love your song: 'Secret Runner Girl, Secret Runner Girl..." I may never hear it the original way again!

Checking in late due to a family gathering today. We just arrived home and are getting straight to bed (well almost ), due to work/school in the morning. I predict tomorrow is the day we hear about round 2 (but since I've been wrong so far, no guarantees )

Sleep tight everyone...I wish you very happy dreams!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #95
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Erin, I am laughing so hard. My roomie and I just tonight went to Jo-Ann's to get fabric for our running "costumes" for January! Must've been the day for it.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #96
paxsarah

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin in RI View Post
Where are you running? I have the Amica Marathon in Newport, RI on Sunday!
It's the Rev3 South Carolina half distance triathlon. It's my first at this distance and I'm ready to get it done!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #97
pl'smama
A distant relation

Wow, page 7 already?!! And still no news :-(. The Dole Whip question will go down in the history books for sure. I for one said the soft serve. I checked several sources because my initial reaction was to say pineapple, but being a fact checker by nature I had to approach it the same way. What sealed it on soft serve for me was the description on Disney's official page that was referenced a few posts back by MARNM02 ( sorry I'm posting from my phone and can't link). So, we shall see. It will be interesting to see once the R2 notes go out, to see who of those advancing said pineapple and who, if any, said soft serve.

Sleep well folks! Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow!

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #98
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Tricky Application Questions

With all the discussion about "Dole Whip"....I remember a similar type question from last year's application. Who "designed" the Partners statue? Anyone remember obsessing over that??

I did. I spent hours researching it. Different sources said different things. Gibson or Hench!?!

I guess that is why I didn't make it last year!!

This year I said "pineapple" and I am sticking with that one. (sticky...subject)

But I actually think those who are reading for the Moms Panel are pretty cool and they will recognize there is more than one "right" answer. (I think they took both answers last year too!!)
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #99
CastawayJP
Proud to have introduced HydroFlask to the Dis

I'm pretty surprised we haven't heard anything yet... Oh well maybe today!
Past Cruises: 4/07 Wonder, 7/07 Wonder, 11/07 Wonder, 5/08 Wonder, 11/08 Magic (Western), 6/10 Wonder (5 night), 08/11 Magic (7 night Med), 2/14 Dream
CastawayJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #100
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I haven't chimed in on the Dole Whip debate, so while we are all waiting, here's my 2 cents: I said pineapple, only b/c you can get soft-serve ice cream nearly anywhere, including WDW so IMHO, there is nothing special about soft-serve "ice cream" in a Dole Whip, but it's the pineapple flavor, which is hard to find. We have a local fro-yo shop in town that has 12 different flavors each day and changes them out frequently. I have yet to see pineapple as a flavor!

Also, the orange flavor one was always called a "citrus swirl", which distinguished it from the Dole Whip (pineapple), even though they both had the exact same soft serve ice cream in them.

Anyway, that's how I answered it...could be wrong, but it makes total sense to me.

Wishing everyone the best of luck tomorrow!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #101
DisneyDreamersUK
Earning My Ears

Morning peeps,
I just woke up, I had 5 emails not one of them was "the" email we are all waiting for :0( oh well another day waiting.

Re: Dole whipp Q you are going to drive yourself insane if you keep going over and over what may have been right or wrong.
DisneyDreamersUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #102
emmalouisenicholson
Mouseketeer

Good morning everyone,

Just stopping by to wish you all lots of as you await the Round 2 notifications going out.

Although I have been a Moms Panellist for almost the past two years now, I remember the waiting oh so well. It really did feel like torture at times and I only hope that the e-mails are sent out very soon.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing which UK residents advance to the next round and eventually welcoming all of the new panellists to our family.

Thinking of you all!
emmalouisenicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #103
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalouisenicholson
Good morning everyone,

Just stopping by to wish you all lots of as you await the Round 2 notifications going out.

Although I have been a Moms Panellist for almost the past two years now, I remember the waiting oh so well. It really did feel like torture at times and I only hope that the e-mails are sent out very soon.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing which UK residents advance to the next round and eventually welcoming all of the new panellists to our family.

Thinking of you all!
Thank u Emma so much for your encouraging words!
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #104
pl'smama
A distant relation

MARSHAY I had the same thought about pineapple to, but actually did find it elsewhere. I really hope they use this question as the chance to see if maybe we used researching skills, seeing that either answer is correct because neither is one hundred percent the only special part of a DW. During one of many dreams this weekend I found myself "defending" my answer to the Pink Princess saying how you can see I was very meticulous with my research and that alone is a great asset for the panel, LOL! I think I am going crazy :-(

Thank you Emma for checking in with us nail biters! We shall take the pixie dust!

Anyone recall the email ever going out this "late" in the week before?

Happy Tuesday and good luck to all!

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #105
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post

Anyone recall the email ever going out this "late" in the week before?

Happy Tuesday and good luck to all!

Suz
In 2010, Round 2 notifications went out on October 13. Still hoping for today, though!

Just checking in prior to work...hoping for a magical day in every way! Better go and get ready or I'm going to have to make some major magic to get DS to school and myself to work on time.
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: