Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #151
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneOT View Post
Hey all!!!

I've been reading your posts as can tell you I think I'm more nervous for you all than I was for me last year!!!! I'm hoping that you are holding on there, waiting for the pixie dust to fall!!!

As a side note, I am one of those who is not a blogger, nor do I have a high profile Twitter handle or etc. I also worried last year that as I did not blog or tweet, that I didn't have a chance to make it past round 1. Along this journey, I realized it is not about your Disney accomplishments, it is ALL about your Disney passion. So shine on!!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting the new family in December!!!
Thanks for the encouragement! It's nice to hear that an applicant doesn't have to be a blogger or high profile Twitterer (is that really a word? ) in order to make it to the Panel.

I sure wish that it was based solely upon Disney passion....I'd make it straight to the Panel. as would all of the other Disboard hopefuls.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #152
Samuelle
Earning My Ears

I also don't tweet, blog, belong to any special Disney groups (except this one) nor are we passholders. We scrimp and save to go to Disney once a year- we live too far away to make it financially feasible to go more often. Give it to me straight, I don't have a prayer do I? [/QUOTE]

Please don't stress about this. Last year I applied for the first time and made it all the way to Round 3, I didn't blog, I didn't belong to the DISboards or any other Disney groups (except a UK planning website) and I only tweeted junk about my life! Despite all this, the peeps who decide who gets to go on the panel took me all the way to the final round.

We are not passholders either, we live in the UK so a trip across the pond is rather expensive and we can't afford to do it more than once a year!

Keep believing, there's enough pixie dust for everyone and maybe this is going to be your year to shine. xx
Samuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #153
MISSREBECCA76
"Hello, My Name is Rebecca, and I have a Disney Problem!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneOT View Post
Hey all!!!

I've been reading your posts as can tell you I think I'm more nervous for you all than I was for me last year!!!! I'm hoping that you are holding on there, waiting for the pixie dust to fall!!!

As a side note, I am one of those who is not a blogger, nor do I have a high profile Twitter handle or etc. I also worried last year that as I did not blog or tweet, that I didn't have a chance to make it past round 1. Along this journey, I realized it is not about your Disney accomplishments, it is ALL about your Disney passion. So shine on!!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting the new family in December!!!
Well thanks!!! That does make me feel much better! I am overflowing with Disney Passion!!
Have a magical day!

1999 SOG First ever WDW Trip (with my HOT college bf, who is now my HOT husband!)2001 SOG Honeymoon trip 2009 CRB First trip with the kiddos in tow, grandparents too! 2011 OKW Santa was good to us, so kids, grandparents and even a great grandparent made the trip! 2012 Fort Wilderness Cabins 2012 Disney Dream- our first of many DCL experiences!2012 Beach Club
MISSREBECCA76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #154
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
It sounds like there's a huge variety of people here! I don't have a blog or even a twitter account, but I love Disney and I love to help other people with their Disney vacations. Even strangers looking at guide books at Barnes and Noble . Sometimes I feel like Miss Buttinsky, but I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when it comes to Disney advice . So, while I don't think I have a huge chance as first time applicant, I am still holding out a little bit of hope.
You sound just like me. Last Thursday, I was in Books a Million picking up the latest Birnbaum's Official Guide to Walt Disney World and ended up giving all sorts of travel advise to the cashier who had never been.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #155
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater
It sounds like there's a huge variety of people here! I don't have a blog or even a twitter account, but I love Disney and I love to help other people with their Disney vacations. Even strangers looking at guide books at Barnes and Noble . Sometimes I feel like Miss Buttinsky, but I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when it comes to Disney advice . So, while I don't think I have a huge chance as first time applicant, I am still holding out a little bit of hope.
That's right, be excited! I truly think everyone has a fair shot at being chosen, and it will be fun to see who advances, both 1st timer and otherwise ;-)
tiana&naveen&3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #156
cbkamommy
Mouseketeer

So here is my two cents....I think if we don't hear today then we will hear on Saturday and it will open up on Monday morning like it did last year.

So I have pretty much convinced myself that I did not make it to round 2 this year. Each morning I wake up scroll through my email...see nothing....then make my way over here sure that I am going to see that the notices went out. But alas nothing here either. Each time my phone says it is downloading an email...I hold my breath thinking this might be it!

At least I have a trip to Disneyland in a little over a month to keep me busy. You know shirts to make, invites to print, spreadsheets to create. I am pretty sure my husbands family will think I am a true Disney nut after this vacation. My sister-in-law and her family have never been to Disney. My kids are so excited to show their cousins the Happiest Place on Earth

Hoping for lots of pixie dust today

Heather DH
DS-11 DS-9 DS-6 DS-3
cbkamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #157
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiana&naveen&3 View Post
That's right, be excited! I truly think everyone has a fair shot at being chosen, and it will be fun to see who advances, both 1st timer and otherwise ;-)

And now, I have the bug. I will be applying every year (unless I've got the pixie dust this year of course ).
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #158
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

I am wearing out the refresh button on my laptop...

Pixie dust to all!!!!

Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #159
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkamommy
So here is my two cents....I think if we don't hear today then we will hear on Saturday and it will open up on Monday morning like it did last year.
I think I agree with your thought process, unless they will have it open over the weekend to submit which could give people who work M-F more time.

So I think we are back at square one, clueless lol!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #160
missfigment
Mouseketeer

joining the waiting game

Hello all! Joining you in the big wait. Been lurking for a bit...but here to join in on the fun!

Brooke
Tampa, Fl
WDW Mom Hopeful
Mom to 2 wonderful kids 25
too many trips to count as a kid Family trip 11-03 MK MK 1st anniversary trip 9-05 Me & Mom girls day Epcot 3-07 Family trip Epcot 2-15-08 Hubby & Me Universal 4-19-08 5 day Family trip at BC thanks to Orbitz.com: 3-20-09 Daytrip just the 3 of us..12-10-10 Family trip of four @POP 5-14-11 Several trips off site, but many good memories made

Remember, like, a few years ago, every other boy was named Jason, and the girls were all named Brittany?
:
missfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #161
akasleepingbeauty
My favorite place to run is Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggsntx
Ok....so I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in all this "waiting room" anxiety this year. It is my 5th year to apply. I have made it to Round 2 twice, but obviously never beyond that. However, I caved yesterday and "lurked" onto this page.

Allison L
Plano, TX
WDW
Mom to DS(8), DD(5), and DS(2)
Hi Allison!

I am from Plano too - another "small world" moment on this thread
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #162
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeeley View Post
Just found this board and would love to be added to the list of Round 2 hopefuls. This is my 2nd year applying.

Melissa W.
DISBoard name: Schmeeley
Applied for: Disneyland Resort
Mom, DH, DD8, DD2

Good luck to everyone!
Hi Melissa! You have officially been added to our Unofficial List of Hopefuls! Best of luck to you!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #163
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggsntx View Post
Ok....so I told myself I wouldn't get caught up in all this "waiting room" anxiety this year. It is my 5th year to apply. I have made it to Round 2 twice, but obviously never beyond that. However, I caved yesterday and "lurked" onto this page.

Allison L
Plano, TX
WDW
Mom to DS(8), DD(5), and DS(2)

Hi Allison! Welcome back to the Magical Waiting Room. Glad you came back. You have also been added to List of Hopefuls. Good luck, I hope our wait isn't too much longer.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #164
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater

And now, I have the bug. I will be applying every year (unless I've got the pixie dust this year of course ).
That's how you can't the bug, for real! Haha
Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #165
tiana&naveen&3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkamommy

So I have pretty much convinced myself that I did not make it to round 2 this year. Each morning I wake up scroll through my email...see nothing....then make my way over here sure that I am going to see that the notices went out. But alas nothing here either. Each time my phone says it is downloading an email...I hold my breath thinking this might be it!

At least I have a trip to Disneyland in a little over a month to keep me busy. You know shirts to make, invites to print, spreadsheets to create. I am pretty sure my husbands family will think I am a true Disney nut after this vacation. My sister-in-law and her family have never been to Disney. My kids are so excited to show their cousins the Happiest Place on Earth

Hoping for lots of pixie dust today
So much fun in your house to look forward to!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: