Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #346
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Park 2, Part 1 (Continued)

And where is it that Mark really, really wanted to go? Well, here, of course:

It was time to take a spin on Dumbo.

Pictures of the construction as we were flying with Dumbo:

The new splash area (I get better pictures during the daytime later in the trip):

This area is so neat and it wasn't even finished when we were there. I can't wait to see it in December now that the Big Tent is open, etc.

From there, we left the area and decided to spin on some teacups:

Then one of our favorites:

Obligatory foot picture:

Some photos while resting on the Peoplemover:

What shall we do now, dear?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #347
Terkina
DIS Veteran

I can't belive that your mother was on 14 different medications and that 4 of them were 4 different anti-depressants. I'm glad someone noticed it and got it regulated.

That the fried shrimp looks good.. What a great start to the day

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #348
pas130
DIS Veteran

DD8 told me she doesn't want to ride Dumbo ever again because she hates clowns and thinks Dumbo lookslike a carvinal now and it is freaking her out

So living the ride through you and Mark....
Old 10-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #349
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Park 2, Part 2

After resting our feet and enjoying the night air, it was time for Mark to once again throttle me on a ride:

Redneck photo:

Nope...no picture of the score this time...much too embarrassing.

We defeated the evil guys, and it was time for my first treat of the trip:

(I can't believe I posted that picture...I look terrible).

It was getting close to Wishes time, so we thought we'd go and find out new "special" spot to watch it near the Rose Garden. And, lo and behold, it seems the whole frickin' world found our special spot. It was so crowded, but we did find two spots for Mark and I to squeeze in and have a good view.

First some castle pictures:

The best job I ever did of getting Tink:

Now sit back and enjoy my poor attempt at Wishes:

Continued in next post

Last edited by KatMark; 10-26-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #350
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Mark is young at heart even if he don't want to admit it by saying that he want to ride Dumbo. That is so cute

Old 10-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #351
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Park 2, Part 2 (Continued)

It was now time to get some serious ride-on. Let's head here, shall we?

First up, those dastardly pirates:

So hard to take pictures inside without a flash with my simple little camera:

Dump shop:

The line for Jungle Cruise was crazy as it was for the Carpets. So we decided to head over to:

And we were going to ride one of our all-time favorites:

The time said it was a 20 minute wait, but I think we waited less than ten minutes for our first ride:

It was still pretty crowded and we decided we'd done enough for our first full day and had an early morning the next morning so we should probably head "home" and get some sleep. A few pictures as we walked towards Main Street:

Our good bus mojo continued for us and a bus was pulling up just as we were getting there. And there was not ONE person waiting for the bus. We waited a few minutes and then were pulling out to head back to OKW.

We got to our room and found a surprise waiting for us.

This was a little something for Mark and I expressing sympathy on the loss of Mark's mom and wishing us a nice vacation:

This was from a group of girls I met on the DIS. The girls and I are in a little weight losing challenge together on Facebook (we all send in a certain amount for ten weeks and each week whoever loses the most weight receives a Disney gift card).

Girls, we were touched by your thoughtfulness and your caring. It meant the world to us. We enjoyed our basket of fruit and crackers and chocolates. Thank you so much...LOVE YOU!

So, that wraps up Day 1 of the Parks. Up next, Day 2 and a new dining experience.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #352
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Looks like y'all had a great night in MK!

I love that hat witch you're wearing. It's really cute!

The new Storybook Circus area is so cute. When y'all go in December, definitely go check out the characters in Pete's Silly Sideshow. It's so well-themed & really cute!

Love your Wishes pictures!

That was so thoughtful of your DIS friends to send the basket!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #353
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I saw your ticker and that you'll be there when we are. I'll have to link my PTR here so you can see where we are each day in December (we'll be with Nicki the entire time) and maybe we can say hello.
Yes, can't wait to see! We just booked last week...Kind of a spur of the moment thing so we're still very much in the planning stages.

I really want to try Columbia Harbor House...its been on my list for a few years now and we still haven't been!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #354
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Glad your mom is home now. Does she have a visiting nurse or care taker?
I'm glad she is home too. I spoke to my brother a little bit ago; she had some trouble sleeping but I think she'll be fine when she gets into a routine. She really doesn't need a nurse or caretaker at this point; the staff at the hospital said she was doing great. She ate a big plate of lasagna when she got home last night and Bob said they talked and watched TV together and she was doing good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Hope getting Mom home was smooth sailing for you Kathy!!!

ETA...you and I posted at the same time Holy Cow Polypharmacy!!! Glad they straightened out Mom's meds!

You know the umbrella hat is a really good idea, even if I would never wear it....LOL.

I tried CHH for the first time in August, thanks to recommendations from the DIS, and it is YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks; getting her home was fine, getting her prescriptions another story. Walgreens was slammed because CVS's computers were down so they were ALL at Walgreens. But she's settled in and getting adjusted to being home.

I love that umbrella hat...it just cracked me up.

CHH is one of the best counter services in all four parks if you ask me; I'm glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
I can't belive that your mother was on 14 different medications and that 4 of them were 4 different anti-depressants. I'm glad someone noticed it and got it regulated.

That the fried shrimp looks good.. What a great start to the day
We are searching for a new doctor for her; I never did like the one she had and after this fiasco, she will NOT go back.

The shrimp there is very yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
DD8 told me she doesn't want to ride Dumbo ever again because she hates clowns and thinks Dumbo lookslike a carvinal now and it is freaking her out

So living the ride through you and Mark....
I hope DD8 changes her mind; maybe she will once she gets there. The Dumbo itself is fine and she will LOVE the play area (but bring extra clothes...she will get drenched).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Mark is young at heart even if he don't want to admit it by saying that he want to ride Dumbo. That is so cute
Mark's favorite saying is: "I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to grow up." He has the heart of a child at Disney...and at home sometimes.

We never miss a chance to ride Dumbo...it's a classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Looks like y'all had a great night in MK!

I love that hat witch you're wearing. It's really cute!

The new Storybook Circus area is so cute. When y'all go in December, definitely go check out the characters in Pete's Silly Sideshow. It's so well-themed & really cute!

Love your Wishes pictures!

That was so thoughtful of your DIS friends to send the basket!
Thanks, Amanda. It was a great night. But I could not believe how crowded it still was at 11 p.m. I would think the little ones would need to be in bed.

I can't wait to see the Silly Sideshow.

Those are some of the better Wishes pictures I've been able to capture.

Those girls are the best! And they've been a huge inspiration to me for losing some much needed weight.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #355
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Yes, can't wait to see! We just booked last week...Kind of a spur of the moment thing so we're still very much in the planning stages.

I really want to try Columbia Harbor House...its been on my list for a few years now and we still haven't been!
Here's the link to my PTR (it started as the one for the September trip and then when we added the surprise trip in December for Mark's 60th birthday, it became a dual PTR): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2935969

I will be posting to that PTR again soon, I hope. And I'll definitely be putting in our plans one more time. We are pretty set on where we are going, which dates, etc., and have all our ADR's.

You must go to CHH and try to snag a table upstairs by a window and you can people watch. It's a great place.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #356
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here's the link to my PTR (it started as the one for the September trip and then when we added the surprise trip in December for Mark's 60th birthday, it became a dual PTR): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2935969

I will be posting to that PTR again soon, I hope. And I'll definitely be putting in our plans one more time. We are pretty set on where we are going, which dates, etc., and have all our ADR's.

You must go to CHH and try to snag a table upstairs by a window and you can people watch. It's a great place.
Awesome..thanks! I will head over there to read!

I've heard upstairs is awesome. I don't think we'll be making it over in December either. Our only MK day is for MVMCP and I believe it closes early, so we'd have to rush there right at 4. But who knows...maybe we will!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #357
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great night at the Magic Kingdom. In the picture infront of the Big Thunder Mountain sign it looks like it's snowing.
What a nice gift from the DISisters

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #358
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope...no picture of the score this time...much too embarrassing.
Embarrassing for Mark...right??

Yep, that umbrella hat is definitely coming home with Suzi next trip! Hmmm...maybe I can make that part of my MNSSHP costume....

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #360
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I LOVE the pictures of new Dumbo. I cannot wait to see it

Looks like you guys had a good time during your MK stop. I've never eating at CHH, and keep meaning to. I'll have to try this next trip, if I have time.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: