Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #331
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

more great hat shots....that fan hat is interesting!
for your "solo-mini trip" do what you like and everyone is happy!

Old 10-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #332
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You are one brave woman to go on Tower of Terror by yourself. I have my arm wrapped around John the entire time.

I have never seen most of those hats that you and Mark modeled. Wonder if they are new?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #333
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

i hope you bought the fan hat, that was awesome.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #334
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It is so nice to have you here. So you read my "adopted sis's" dining reviews? Aren't they fun? I can tell you from first hand experience the last three years and numerous trips to Marco, that Nicki and Todd are exactly like that in real life.

We could very well have crossed paths and not even known it.
Yes! So fun!!
I'll be following along to see if we were ever in the same area! And it looks like we'll be there again the same time in December!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #335
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for Tower of Terror...and RnRC, even though you didn't ride it! 2 of my favorites!

Haha, I love all of the hat pictures...soon Disney is going to run out of hats for you guys to take pictures in!

How nice that you got to meet a DIS'er who works in Disney! Ahhh, that's my dream someday, just packing up and moving to Disney!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #336
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Responses later.....going to bring mom from hospital:g oodvibes
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #337
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great News!!!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #338
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Actually, that wasn't when we saw you. Since we weren't sure where we would find you, we got those the first time we passed it. Yours are coming up in the next update.

I hope we can meet again on our next trip (although our time in December at the Studios is very limited on our first night--just the lights; but we are coming back with the kids on Monday, the 10th, so maybe we can see you then or at one of the other parks).
Let me know your dates and we can try to meet up maybe at a different pak if you have limited time at the studios
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #339
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
wonderful news

Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #340
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Wow Mrs. Incredible.........y Impatient!!! Posts can only be so big you know......

Blah blah blah blah....

Hmmmm........first I was aware not agreeing with you was an option..............

Yes, you've learned something following my TR's.

Somehow, some way, you and I need to find a chance to do this together! I think I finally found someone I can beat..............

And here I thought you wanted to meet me because of my charming personality.

Nice job of getting that big leeeaaaaan in there by Mark, but Rosie and I are gonna have to give you some Pole Dancing lessons Ms. Kat!!!

I didn't hear Rosie complain about my pole dancing.

I love watching the pre-show here. For some reason those little confused robots crack me up trying to figure out how to clean the windshield.

They are funny, aren't they?

Mark-2 D-2???

Now that made me spit out my Starbucks all over my comptuer screen.

Great news that they listened and did something about your bad experience!

I was just happy they responded.

Love the turkey leg rice krispy treats!!! Need to try one of those.......

I don't like Rice Krispie treats, but those were so darn cute.

Great pose...............

I can't believe they don't have Mrs. Incredible appearing with Mr. Incredible anymore. She's a real hottie!!! The one time we got pictures with them I enjoyed flirting with Mrs. Incredible and getting Mr. I riled up........

Actually, we had just missed Mrs. Incredible. They cut off the line at us and said she might or might not come out with the guys. She didn't come out.

The EYES have it...........

Yes, and they are ALWAYS watching.

Love 50s Prime Time. Sorry you had a bad experience with the food, but every time we have been there the food was fantastic. I guess being from the south I appreciate the fried chicken and the greens more. You would probably say the same thing about that delicacy called grits..........

Ummm...NO! That would be my husband...he loves his grits, but not me.

The fried chicken always reminds me of how my mom made it when I was a boy growing up, and when I have had it, it is much better than KFC and Popeye's, and I am a big Popeye's fan!!!

The fried chicken was okay...just not anything special in my opinion.

The meatloaf is the one thing I haven't tried from the sampler, and since the Pot Roast is one of my favorites there and Mark didn't think it had much taste, I am guessing you guys just hit it on a bad day or maybe they have lost their normal chef recently.

Could be.

I recognize exactly where you are sitting. When we were there last summer (my infamous TR that never ends) we were seated on the other side of that wall at the table where you see the white-haired man behind Mark.

You actually remember THAT FAR back?

Thanks for saying it for me so I wouldn't have to............

Watch it mister

Olivia's is definitely a hidden gem for dining at WDW!!!!

Yes it is and I hope it stays that way so we don't have problems getting in whenever we want to.

Magdalene ordered this when Jonathan and I met her there last October. Even though I am a big PB&J fan, I didn't think the milkshake sounded too good. But Magdalene let me try hers and I can definitely say Mark needs to order it next time.......it was very good!
Maybe we'll just get one at the bar next trip for a snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
might be a good option for us to try 50's out then...I just don't think we could eat all that food and don't want to get in "trouble" with the aunties
Nope, we don't want you and Meg getting into any more trouble than necessary.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #341
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
The pictures of Mark (and you!) in the different hats seriously make me

Wow, a 3rd Dismeet already, and only on your second day! Great that you got some pictures from her Can't wait to see where you headed to that evening!
I am glad that we can make our DIS friends laugh.

Yes, 3 Dismeets...but, alas, it would be our last. I did look for a few others that I knew were there while we were in the parks, but never saw anyone else.

Quote:
You are just NOT going to make catching up easy are you???
Nope, I do enjoy making your life miserable. (P.S. you know I love you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm with Mark on the ride choice

I laughed out loud at the Grumpy hat with the beard, that's awesome

They do indeed still run the cowboy side! I get the gangster ALL.THE.TIME. so last trip I asked if they were running both scenes, we had to wait a bit, but we got the cowboy.
Well, Michelle, I think we should coordinate the next trip and you can do it with him. Seriously, I am no good for at least an hour or two if I do Rock&Roll.

I never thought to ask about the Cowboy; I'll have to do that next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great update. I have never seen a fan hat!!! Solar powered?! I bet JJ would love one of those!
I bet you JJ would love it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
You guys look fantastic! Love all the pictures! Everytime I see Mark modeling hats I think to myself that I really to need more attention when I'm there because so many I have never seen
Thanks, Queen...you are very sweet. Disney needs to work on getting NEW hats...we've totally run out of new ones to try after this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Ooooh I love the fan hat! Gotta get me one of those! I like the view from your patio too
Suzi, I bet you that your son would love that hat. But he might like the one coming up in the next update even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loving your hat photos !! Looking forward to reading more !!
Thanks, Susan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Love your shirts...so cute!

Haven't taken the family to 50's PTC yet but I think they will love it. Sadly, I have heard less than wonderful reviews about the food lately.
Thank you, friend. 50's PTC is great for the theme and the interaction if you get a good "uncle" or "aunt"; the food gets mixed reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
I just adore marks hat pics! Jack has a hat habit S does Kayla.... Although she puts them on others! Lol especially her little brother!

Oh my god at 42 days!!! I can not wait for that update!! He's a lucky guy!!
That's what big sisters are for. I love seeing Jack in the hats.

Yep, down to 41...it's going to be here before I know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Glad y'all got to go to y'alls favorite rides!

I love the hat Mark is modeling with the little fan on it!

for another DIS meet! Can't wait to see the Photopass pictures!
I love TOT; Mark is just leery of it after his neck surgery. At least with R&R, he knows the ride; TOT is so unpredictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I saw that fan hat in Disneyland and sent the picture to my friend. She is always walking around with one of those fans, so she got a kick out of the hat. The derby hat actually suits Mark really well! He should get it on his surprise trip!
The derby hat does suit him, doesn't it. Perhaps they'll have a Christmas one I can buy him when we are there soon.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #342
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I have never seen about 70% of the awesome hats that you guys find and model! Love them, love them, love them. I think I need to form the Mark's Funny Hat Appreciation Society.

Too bad you missed BatB, but it sounds like you needed to take a rest. The best part is that you can see it in 43 days!!
Mark thought that was very sweet that you wanted to start the Society for him.

I'm not sure we'll have time for B&B in December...so little time and so much Christmas stuff to do. I'm sure if we go in June (us girls), we will see it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
That's gonna be awesome. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

I'm hoping Andy (or Des) can get it on video when we do the big reveal.

Why would you be sad at your favorite ride, Mark?

Check you out, getting in on the hat picture action!

Hey, he can't have ALL the fun.

I don't know, but I'm not willing to ride it enough to find out.

It does need an overhaul of some sort.

Cool!

It was extra sweet having photos taking by someone we've met on the DIS!

You could have at least tried it on.

That would have been an interesting one.

I remember seeing that fan hat at the Emporium. Dave tried it on and was really thinking hard about getting it! We convinced him a t-shirt might be a little more fashionable.
Smart decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I am thankful Mark hasn't given the hat pics up! They are fabulous, I hope we can meet up one of these days, you both seem like so much fun

I would love to meet up...I hope our trips "cross" at some point.

LOVE the solar fan hat...

That was a first for seeing that one.

No worries catching up with my TR...too many changes, I can't keep up...for now POR Royal Room (my first moderate since a bad experience at CBR duing cheer nationals years ago)

I AM getting caught up this weekend...I promise!

Mind you, I am a firm believer there's no such thing as a BAD WDW trip, some are just "bumpier" than others
I could NOT agree more with that. Any trip to WDW is a good one because you are in "your happy place"; but, like real life, there is a bump along the way on occasion.

Quote:
more great hat shots....that fan hat is interesting!
for your "solo-mini trip" do what you like and everyone is happy!
I missed an attraction later in the trip that I love to do because Mark won't do it anymore and I was really mad at myself for NOT doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You are one brave woman to go on Tower of Terror by yourself. I have my arm wrapped around John the entire time.

I have never seen most of those hats that you and Mark modeled. Wonder if they are new?
I love TOT...it really is my favorite ride (although I will hold on to the handle).

I think some of the hats are new, but not all of them. But we have literally run out of hats for him to try on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i hope you bought the fan hat, that was awesome.
Nope, didn't purchase it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Yes! So fun!!
I'll be following along to see if we were ever in the same area! And it looks like we'll be there again the same time in December!
I saw your ticker and that you'll be there when we are. I'll have to link my PTR here so you can see where we are each day in December (we'll be with Nicki the entire time) and maybe we can say hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for Tower of Terror...and RnRC, even though you didn't ride it! 2 of my favorites!

Haha, I love all of the hat pictures...soon Disney is going to run out of hats for you guys to take pictures in!

How nice that you got to meet a DIS'er who works in Disney! Ahhh, that's my dream someday, just packing up and moving to Disney!
If I were a LOT younger, I'd probably still like RnRC.

I think Disney has run out of hats.

Hopefully in three years we will be moving to Disney.

Quote:
Great News!!!!!
Thanks, Marv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
Let me know your dates and we can try to meet up maybe at a different pak if you have limited time at the studios
I will be in touch with you before we go and give you our rundown (or send you link to my PTR where I will post final plans).

Quote:
wonderful news
Thank you, Lisa.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #344
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Park 2, Part 1

First, an update on my mom. We brought her home last night. She has early signs of dementia, but we found out the reason she became volatile and was hitting people is she was on 14 medications, including 4 different anti-depressants. They have her medications regulated and she is doing much better. She's actually eating and gained weight. She still has trouble sleeping at night, but she is calm and that is a good thing. Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes.

Okay, here we go...I've got to get this puppy going. We are still on Day 1 and I have 13 to go after that and just 41 days to get it all done in.

So when I last left you, we had gone back to OKW for Mark to take a little nap, I downloaded all my pictures from the first part of our day and changed clothes (it had been hot earlier at the Studios and I definitely needed a fresh top).

Before getting on our bus (which arrived in less than five minutes once again), I took a picture for Poolrat (Pat):

We hopped on the bus and in approximately twelve minutes, we pulled up, walked to the entrance and had our first photopass picture (and this one is from my camera) of Park 2 taken:

Yes, we were at my favorite park -- Magic Kingdom -- for evening Extra Magic Hours.

We walked in and the first place Mark wanted to go was:

He really had an excuse, or so he said. He wanted to buy something for his former assistant's little boy and was thinking of a hat. He couldn't find anything he liked for Junior, but had fun trying on a hat or two and having me look natural as MaryAz would say in my hat:

Before we could do any attractions, we had to eat...we were both starving. We hadn't eaten since our ADR at 11:30 at 50's PT and neither of us had finished that meal. We went to Cosmic Ray's the last two trips, so decided to ggo back to an old time favorite:

I had my favorite, the fried shrimp:

Mark decided to try something new this year that is talked about on the DIS a lot, the Anchors Aweigh sandwich:

He loved it and declared it a new favorite. His came with:

After having a good meal, it was time to hit the attractions. First up is a favorite of many:

After our ride with hitchhiking ghosts, I asked Mark where he wanted to go. He told me whatever I wanted to do was fine. Except I know my husband, and he was itching to go somewhere in particular but just wouldn't say.

How many of you can guess where we were headed?

Continued in next post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #345
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I could NOT agree more with that. Any trip to WDW is a good one because you are in "your happy place"; but, like real life, there is a bump along the way on occasion. Such a happy place!!!!!!!! That's why I love he DIS so much, peeps who understand the warm, fuzzy WDWlove

Hopefully in three years we will be moving to Disney.That is my dream..to one day move to WDW..if not I'll take a Florida Beach within a 2 hour drive, then I have an excuse to stay onsite
Hope getting Mom home was smooth sailing for you Kathy!!!

ETA...you and I posted at the same time Holy Cow Polypharmacy!!! Glad they straightened out Mom's meds!

You know the umbrella hat is a really good idea, even if I would never wear it....LOL.

I tried CHH for the first time in August, thanks to recommendations from the DIS, and it is YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: