Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #226
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think your Cape May food looks good. I probably won't have any issues with flavor....in Ohio, we don't have the best options anyways.

That would totally frustrate me about the room deal. I worried I will have this issue in No, and of course we arrive very early...and would like to take a nap beofre our evening activities.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #227
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark

I have crab legs every time I go to a seafood place and these were near the top in the most difficult to crack open.
I think maybe you caught it on a bad night, we didn't have that experience at all. I never even used the crackers, just my hands and the little fork. A lot of times I'll have to help Jared with his crab legs and I didn't with these. I hate that you had a bad meal on top of the room frustration!
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #228
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I'm so sorry you had bad experiences with check in, too! I was really hoping that what we went through was a fluke but you had almost the same thing! (Save the missing shower curtain....) I wonder what the heck is going on over at OKW?!

We found out from our DVC guy that he might not be able to rent to us for next years trip....We were planning to do a split stay at AKV then switch to BWV, but if we can't rent from him we're going back to CSR, definitely! I missed it like crazy when we stayed at OKW this year...Everyone at CSR is always so nice, our room is always ready when we check in, the bus service is perfect, and the entire resort is always CLEAN and WORKING. We noticed at OKW that there were a bunch of light bulbs out in the big chandeliers by the lobby...and there were bird's nests in the empty spaces where the bulbs should have been...so it's not like they just went out and no one had a chance to replace them...they'd been out for a LONG time.... Stuff like that just irks me...especially when it's a DVC/Deluxe resort! We just never had anything like that at CSR... Maybe I'm the only one who's bothered by it but it really just added to my already iffy feeling about OKW.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #229
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

All caught up. So sorry for the continuned trouble with your mother. Glad the meds have been adjusted and it seems to be getting better.

Cape May was okay for me. Hopefully you just caught it on an off night.

I don't want to jinx my record but been having a pretty good record of having a room ready either when I arrive or shortly after. NYE AKL was the longest wait for me.

Sorry for the rough start but for the DISmeets.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 10-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #230
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We love that picture too! I think I took a picture of it a few trips ago. How sweet that Nicki is sending it to you!!!!!
She never lets me down. I couldn't believe she found it first store. I can't wait until it gets here. I sent her a check and showed the picture to my bosses wife and she said "give me the bill...it will be your birthday present."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Oh my I love that photo! It would go perfectly in my Disney/beach themed bathroom! I did a cross stitch of Goofy with a life preserver.

I cannot believe how un-Disneylike the OKW staff was for you! I have had the same issue where they claim to have texted me that my room was ready and I never got it. I hope your week got better in the morning! Things always seem better in the morning!
A Disney/beach themed bathroom. Ooooh...I like the sound of that for when we move to Florida.

I've heard more and more people say they've not gotten a text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
love the print!! so sweet!
Isn't that a sweet picture? I'm so glad she found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I LOVE that picture! I almost bought it myself last trip. So great of Nicki to get it for you.
You better get it next trip...seems to be a hot item.

Quote:
Maybe they need to hire some teenagers to send out the room ready text messages.
That might be an excellent idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
very nice picture...is that a larry dotson print?
I believe that might have been the name of the artist, but I'm not 100% positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Love that print! That's a mighty special friend you've got there
She is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What a wonderful friend! Not that I need to tell you! And that print is adorable!
Nope, you don't need to tell me how lucky I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Love the picture!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Haha right! I totally had my cousins teach me how to use my iPhone when I first got it a few years ago. Heck they could have 7 year olds send out the text messages and it would probably be more likely to be done right lol. My friends 5 year old can use my phone better than me!
I had to have my son's girlfriend show me how to use mine.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #231
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are a responding machine!!!! Go Kat Go Kat!!!!!!
I was for awhile, and then I crashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hi Kathy!
I've just been catching up on your TR. Just wanted to comment that I am going through the same agony with my mother. She was diagnosed with dementia a little over 4 years ago. I am the only one of 5 siblings that are here to see to her needs and as a result I have been appointed her guardian. As hard as it was to see my dad die of cancer, this is harder....

We too have had long waits for our Vacation Club villas and have been told that they texted us hours earlier. UGH!!!
What's up with that?

So Mary mentioned that you were thinking of a girls trip. Do tell the dates!
We will be down in June and would love to meet you!

Anita
Hi, Anita. Although mom is better now that she is not on 14 medicines, I know this will be a long road. But I also here what you are saying...I watched my dad get sicker and sicker over the last seven months of his life, but dementia is much, much harder to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kathy I love that pix of Mickey on the Beach!!!!Alisha is a beautiful young lady !!! Mark is my inspiration for trying on hats !! Every time I try on one when with the Vacationers , they have to try one on too I have some awesome pix from our trip, even Carol got into it a bit !!!!Wow that girl is pole dancing and hat wearing , what a influnce the Dis is having on her !!!
I agree, Alisha is a beautiful young lady. I'm glad Mark is inspiring you. That's funny that you even got Carol into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I love, love, love this!!! How awesome that Nicki found this for you!

D~ <---- Who wishes they had a Donald/Daisy version.
Thanks, D. So I gather you are a BIG Donald/Daisy lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
I have to agree, those crab legs were a pain in the rear to dig through. Not worth my time. I was mad that they didn't have the clam strips out this time. They had them in August.

Our balcony was also filthy and there was some sort of "nest" growing on top of the window casing of the room next to us. No clue what it was, almost looked like an ant hill, but where I come from those are in the ground!

Ah, my solo trip. Well, that's a loaded question. I want to go asap to make sure I have good weather, but would probably have a meltdown during the food and wine. (too many people = major panic attack with my anxiety issues and not fun when I am alone) I was considering going after Thanksgiving, or the first part of December or even January (value season, bonus!), but that depends on what I can find for DVC availability and also messes with cold weather possibility. See? No simple answer to your question. LOL. I honestly don't know.

I just really really need to get away from all of this. It just never ends. I am at the end of my rope.
Good luck on the DVC availability. The only thing that was available for the dates we are going in December was Saratoga Springs and that just doesn't seem like something we would be happy with.

Hang in there friend, and I'm here if you ever need an ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLuvr321 View Post
Just found your trip report and can't wait to read more.

I am glad to hear that your mother is doing better. It seems like I have heard many stories like hers. My husband was told that his grandmother was going downhill quickly. At that time he lived in WI, and she lived in FL. He could not get away from work right away so he asked his Aunt to go see her. Luckily, his Aunt was a nurse and realized that it was a combination of the many medications she was on that made it seem like she was going downhill. They adjusted the medications and she was like her self again.
And thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have to say that since this new hospital and it's geriatric ward changed her medications and cut them down from 14 to 4, she is almost her old self. She gets a little confused, but she is feeling better, eating and walking around and talking and remembering things (when we saw her on Thursday we talked about old Disney trips she took with us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think your Cape May food looks good. I probably won't have any issues with flavor....in Ohio, we don't have the best options anyways.

I'm probably spoiled by all the good seafood we have on the Gulf Coast and after tonight's dinner of Alaskan King Crab Legs, I may never order them anywhere else...they were that good.

That would totally frustrate me about the room deal. I worried I will have this issue in No, and of course we arrive very early...and would like to take a nap beofre our evening activities.
This is the first time are room wasn't ready when we got there (and we've often gotten there between 10 and 11 a.m.); it was just so frustrating the lack of a sincere apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I think maybe you caught it on a bad night, we didn't have that experience at all. I never even used the crackers, just my hands and the little fork. A lot of times I'll have to help Jared with his crab legs and I didn't with these. I hate that you had a bad meal on top of the room frustration!
We'll see what Nicki and Todd think of them....they are going on this trip and Todd and I ate the crab at the Chinese Buffet like they would never have it again...it was so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Ugh, I'm so sorry you had bad experiences with check in, too! I was really hoping that what we went through was a fluke but you had almost the same thing! (Save the missing shower curtain....) I wonder what the heck is going on over at OKW?!

We found out from our DVC guy that he might not be able to rent to us for next years trip....We were planning to do a split stay at AKV then switch to BWV, but if we can't rent from him we're going back to CSR, definitely! I missed it like crazy when we stayed at OKW this year...Everyone at CSR is always so nice, our room is always ready when we check in, the bus service is perfect, and the entire resort is always CLEAN and WORKING. We noticed at OKW that there were a bunch of light bulbs out in the big chandeliers by the lobby...and there were bird's nests in the empty spaces where the bulbs should have been...so it's not like they just went out and no one had a chance to replace them...they'd been out for a LONG time.... Stuff like that just irks me...especially when it's a DVC/Deluxe resort! We just never had anything like that at CSR... Maybe I'm the only one who's bothered by it but it really just added to my already iffy feeling about OKW.
Wow, you really had issues at OKW. I'm so sorry because I built it up and told you how great it was. I have to say I still love OKW and we will be back. It's cheaper than going to CSR and we really do like the theme and the peacefulness of the OKW. I'm hoping that maybe they are going through a change in management or something and that things get back to the way they were in 2011 and in January when I went with the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up. So sorry for the continuned trouble with your mother. Glad the meds have been adjusted and it seems to be getting better.

Thanks, Pat. She is doing better, and will be released next week sometime to come home. We will, of course, have to keep an eye on her and see how the dementia progresses.

Cape May was okay for me. Hopefully you just caught it on an off night.

Maybe it was an off night; but I doubt we'll be back anytime soon. Too many places we still want to try and too many others we like that we want to go back to.

I don't want to jinx my record but been having a pretty good record of having a room ready either when I arrive or shortly after. NYE AKL was the longest wait for me.

I hope you continue to have good luck.

Sorry for the rough start but for the DISmeets.
The DISmeets helped ease the pain
Old 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #232
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Do you ever make shutterfly books? We were given a gorgeous print (it's similar enough to your style the artist may be one in the same), but it has sand pails with Disney characters on them....and we took a picture of the print, then used it as a background for the book. I actually used the sand pail backgrounds for our beach club stay pictures. It looked so cute when we were done. It's one of my favorite books so far.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #233
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Ok, I sub'd some time ago. This month is going by tooo fast!!! I have been back for nearly 2 weeks

So let me get caught up....

Your early flight - I almost always have to be up early. Doesn't it just make you exhausted? I know it does me. It takes me a good day or two to recover and be "normal"

Your first class seat - I remember from your PTR that this would be happening, but I still have to say So free bags AND some breakfast? Nice!!! Course... would you say it is worth paying the extra for?

Arriving in Orlando - Everything from the fact monorail to driving through/under the archway... don't you just love those first moments? The entire vacation ahead of you, but you are FINALLY there?!

Your mom - I am glad you are continuing with the TR. I know that this hasn't been an easy time between all going on with your mom and the passing away of Marks.

OKW - I wonder if someday I might want to stay here. In february, I don't know what I am doing yet. It will be a short trip with likely few if any park days. OKW looks like it is relaxing... but is it easy to travel from and to?

Check in - Sorry that your cm wasn't too magical. Sometimes there are the notable ones who just really make you realize you are in WDW and then there are those... just doing their job.

Bailey's Shake - YUM! Ok, on my list for February!!!

Dismeet - I love dismeets!!! Even if they are just brief... it is so nice to connect with someone from dis!!!

I just love this picture of the two of you!!!!

Quote:
Walking over to the boat, Mark got a little wet as it had started to rain again:

Just a little?

Cape May - hmmm we did cape may. I should have realized that it was mainly shell fish before I went Lets just say.. not my favorite things
Old 10-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #234
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
A Disney/beach themed bathroom. Ooooh...I like the sound of that for when we move to Florida.
I love the beach and I love Disney so why not combine the two! You should definitely go for it when you move to Florida! One of my friends has a beach theme in her bathroom, I am totally stealing have her ideas lol.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #235
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Park 1, Part 1

Well, I think it is time to get this vacation rolling and on to the fun. What do you guys, think? Good, glad to see you are in agreement with me.

Let’s party.

It is now Sunday morning, September 16. After a very good night’s sleep, I was up at 6:30 a.m. to shower and get dressed. When I was done, I got Mark up so he could shower and dress. While he was getting ready, I checked the DIS and put my stuff in my backpack to go.

At 7:45 we were out the door. Mark, unfortunately, forgot his AP so had to go back into the room. While he was gone, I took a couple of pictures outside of OKW by our room now that it was light out:

Ahhhhh….here he comes.

We walked to our bus stop which was less than a minute walk:

We got on the bus and it was Mark and I and one other couple for our ride here:

We arrived in plenty of time for rope drop and were actually very close to the turnstiles. We walked into the Studios and headed here:

Before we got in line, we did stop for Fastpasses.

I’m sure you can figure out who has the higher score in this picture. But I do take great pride in the fact my accuracy is ALWAYS better.

Continued in next post

Last edited by KatMark; 10-21-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #236
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

You beat Mark ???????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #237
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 1, Park 1, Part 1 (Continued)

After Toy Story Mania, we really didnt have a destination in mind, and decided we would just walk and see where it led us. A few pictures along the way;

And, these next two pictures are for my good DIS friend, Rosie.

We ended up at a new photo op that we had never experienced before (these are my photos, Ill add my Photopass photos when I get the CD&still waiting for one girl to finish up on our photoshare.

Since we were here, it was time to hit Star Tours

We had a great ride, but no Rebel Spy for me like in January.

Our first "dump shop" of the trip:

Up next....what do you want to do now?

Last edited by KatMark; 10-21-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #238
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Great update. Looks like you were first in line for Toy Story. No one in the que in fron of you. I'm looking forward to read more updates

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
Old 10-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #239
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

that you rode TSM first thing! That ride, while I like it well enough... I wish wasn't so hard to get a ride on.

Outside your room is beautiful. I love the mickey lattice!!

Love the photos from the rest of the morning. You look so pretty! And the umbrellas...well, if and when I start my TR... I have a story to share.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #240
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Good job getting on TSMM right away, even if Mark did win

I always miss that umbrella! I actually know where it is, but manage to walk right past it and forget about it until I get home and realize I once again didn't get a picture there!

When I went on Star Tours in February I got almost the same exact ride both times.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: