Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #196
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Ok Kathy... you have me scared to try out Cape May. It is one of our ADRs this trip. We are lucky to live in CT.. .we get great FRESH seafood. I really hope it is good.

How awesome you got to meet up with TK!!! Not even in Disney 1 day and you are already meeting up with a ton of DISers.

Your room looks wonderful! So sorry they were nasty to you at the desk.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #197
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't have the best meal at Cape May. But sounds like you at least had some great company with your DIS meet!

And that's beyond frustrating about the CM at OKW. Glad your room was ready but that attitude from the CM was unnecessary.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #198
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

We've eaten at Cape May for breakfast a few times and enjoyed it. Never for dinner though, and I was looking forward to trying it next year. I love crab legs (the work doesn't bother me, no tools needed, I can shred those babies with my bare hands in a second). The whole no flavor has me worried though. I guess I could always splash lemon juice, salt, and pepper on them.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #199
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That's great that you kept getting empty buses there. I don't think I've ever had that experience and that is why we almost always drive now.

Dinner looks like it was enjoyable with your company, even if the food wasn't great. I see a lot of chocolate in the dessert pictures though and it is pretty hard to have chocolate that is less than spectacular.

I'm sorry about the rude CM when you went back to check on the room. Obviously you didn't get the text or you wouldn't be asking.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #200
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love the pic of you and Alisha.

Wow! That was another very rude OKW castmember. Your experience was just like the one we had at the Coronado in Februar a year ago.
But your room looks pretty nice and walking distance to hospitality house is nice.

Your DISmeet sounds fun too!
We didn't like Cape May either and will not return any time soon, but on the other hand we love Yachtsman!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #201
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, sounds like a great DIS meet with Kat! I'm sorry you weren't very impressed with Cape May, Brandon and I love it soooo much, but maybe they were having an off night or something! We do like to get there right at 5, when everything is fresh!

I can't believe it took so long to get your room, I would have been freaking out! That was a LONG day! Your room looks really nice though, and hopefully you rested up for the rest of your trip!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-18-2012, 09:44 PM   #202
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I am here finally I haven't been on the boards to much lately because of work. But I am here and can't wait to follow along on your journey! It was so great meeting you and Mark, and I was really glad that I was able to take you pictuers
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #203
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo, new ticker! That's always excellent.

I think that the Pluto hat definitely suits Mark the best.

I'm sorry Cape May was a disappointment. I always find crab legs to be too much work. I just give up after a while.

Ugh, snippy CM's are never good.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #204
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Loved all the hats on Mark - my fav is the Pluto one, I don't think I have ever seen that one before?

Such a bummer about Cape May, I hate to say it, but the girls and I had almost the same opinion about it from our March trip. Our favorite was the clam chowder. And we highly recommend "crab cracking lessons" before you go, being from MN - that is a skill we have never developed, and looked rather crazy in there trying to figure it out.

Glad you finally got into your room - but the rudeness was very unnecessary. I hope the rest of your stay is much better.

D~
Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #205
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you were disappointed in Cape May, we all really enjoyed it, but of course we are land locked where we live and probably don't get the best seafood, so not a lot to compare it to.

You are not the first person that I have read about who was told they were sent a text about a room that they never got. Obviously it is a system that Disney needs to fix and when mistakes happen the CMs need to at least be apologetic about it!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #206
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Look what i'm getting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll come back with responses later today or tonight for sure. But I had to share this with you.

Mark and I have been wanting the picture below for years. For one reason or another, we never bought it. We were determined to buy it while we were at Disney last month. We went to EVERY store that carried art, prints, etc., and not one store had it. I was devastated. I told Nicki about it when we were in Marco the next week and she said that it would be her goal to find that and Mark's birthday hat for the trip in December.

Lo and behold, just as I was going to dial Nicki to wish her a happy birthday (sssh.....don't tell anyone, she's the BIG 40 today), my phone rang and it was her telling me she found it at the first store they hit at Downtown Disney this morning. It's ordered and being shipped directly to our home. Is she not THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #207
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'll come back with responses later today or tonight for sure. But I had to share this with you.

Mark and I have been wanting the picture below for years. For one reason or another, we never bought it. We were determined to buy it while we were at Disney last month. We went to EVERY store that carried art, prints, etc., and not one store had it. I was devastated. I told Nicki about it when we were in Marco the next week and she said that it would be her goal to find that and Mark's birthday hat for the trip in December.

Lo and behold, just as I was going to dial Nicki to wish her a happy birthday (sssh.....don't tell anyone, she's the BIG 40 today), my phone rang and it was her telling me she found it at the first store they hit at Downtown Disney this morning. It's ordered and being shipped directly to our home. Is she not THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love that picture too! I think I took a picture of it a few trips ago. How sweet that Nicki is sending it to you!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #208
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Oh my I love that photo! It would go perfectly in my Disney/beach themed bathroom! I did a cross stitch of Goofy with a life preserver.

I cannot believe how un-Disneylike the OKW staff was for you! I have had the same issue where they claim to have texted me that my room was ready and I never got it. I hope your week got better in the morning! Things always seem better in the morning!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #209
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

love the print!! so sweet!

Happy Birthday Nicki

Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #210
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I LOVE that picture! I almost bought it myself last trip. So great of Nicki to get it for you.

And....HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICKI!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: