Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #166
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC
 
OneTreeHillAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,098

I thought for sure I was subscribed to your TR already, but I wasn't.

24 and 26...it's okay that you started that scene at what? 13 years old? It's all good. The boys still have that blonde hair and look so much like their mama. (My three all look like me too.) Dominant genes I guess. I hope mine grow up to be as sweet as yours (AP's...sweet sweet boy)

I love the pics so far. We've never stayed there so it's good to see something new. Never seen a D.V.C. boat before.

I know it's hard writing a TR and keeping up with life in general when you guys have so much going on. You can find comfort over here though. Disney friends are some of the best you can have, and they will always be there for you.

Looking forward to reading more...
OneTreeHillAddict is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #167
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser
 
FreezinRafiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 5,974

Boat rides....

Frozen Booze...

Silly Hats...

and

A Dis Meet.

Kathy, that sounds like a pretty good day in hindsight.
__________________
FreezinRafiki is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #168
LuvvsMickey
DIS Veteran
 
LuvvsMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far away
Posts: 1,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm glad we got to meet Tracy too...a beautiful woman, with a heart of gold.
Thank you, Kathy. That means a lot to me. No worries. I totally understand that you were all exhausted and beat up. My only wish is we could have had shared a meal or cocktails together, but understand your calendar was quite booked. You are a popular lady! It was nice that we had nothing planned for once. It allowed us to decompress quite a bit. Little did we know what we'd be in for when we got home. Yes, bummer on the DVC contract, but I had to go with my head and not my heart. Amazing concept! LOL

I am happy to read that you mom is doing better. They must have her on the correct mood stabilizing meds. They make a huge difference. Can't imagine what other snafu happened at OKW... anxious to read about it! They went above and beyond for us, which was not expected at all. Love that place!
LuvvsMickey is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #169
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
And probably why I responded to your post the way I did, Tim.
Yes. I know.

I should wear the cone of shame.




I need to go back and read.
that's nice is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #170
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,396

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hey you are up so late lady.....you need to get to bed and rest!!!


oh, btw...on the TIW card do you pay a fee to get it? I will be getting the Premier AP next year for our DLR and WDW trips and was thinking of getting it for our WDW part.
I had some laundry I had to finish that night. The TIW card costs $75 and it is good for 13 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
I thought for sure I was subscribed to your TR already, but I wasn't.

24 and 26...it's okay that you started that scene at what? 13 years old? It's all good. The boys still have that blonde hair and look so much like their mama. (My three all look like me too.) Dominant genes I guess. I hope mine grow up to be as sweet as yours (AP's...sweet sweet boy)

I love the pics so far. We've never stayed there so it's good to see something new. Never seen a D.V.C. boat before.

I know it's hard writing a TR and keeping up with life in general when you guys have so much going on. You can find comfort over here though. Disney friends are some of the best you can have, and they will always be there for you.

Looking forward to reading more...
Tammy, I'm so glad you are here, friend.

I wish I was only 39. Wait, I am ONLY 39.

I have very sweet boys. I always say "my dad" raised them right since he took care of them while I worked.

We love OKW a whole lot and will more than likely be back there next August.

My mom seems better so I think I'll have more time to update...I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Boat rides....

Frozen Booze...

Silly Hats...

and

A Dis Meet.

Kathy, that sounds like a pretty good day in hindsight.
Thanks, Barry. Despite being tired, it was a good first day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
Thank you, Kathy. That means a lot to me. No worries. I totally understand that you were all exhausted and beat up. My only wish is we could have had shared a meal or cocktails together, but understand your calendar was quite booked. You are a popular lady! It was nice that we had nothing planned for once. It allowed us to decompress quite a bit. Little did we know what we'd be in for when we got home. Yes, bummer on the DVC contract, but I had to go with my head and not my heart. Amazing concept! LOL

I am happy to read that you mom is doing better. They must have her on the correct mood stabilizing meds. They make a huge difference. Can't imagine what other snafu happened at OKW... anxious to read about it! They went above and beyond for us, which was not expected at all. Love that place!
We will have to plan better the next time to try to have a meal or drink together.

The next snafu at OKW will be in a couple of updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Yes. I know.

I should wear the cone of shame.




I need to go back and read.
I'm not going to say a word.........................
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #171
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,396

Has anyone noticed my new ticker?????

I'm hopingi to get arrival day wrapped up this afternoon or tonight so we can get on with the parks.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #172
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Has anyone noticed my new ticker?????

I'm hopingi to get arrival day wrapped up this afternoon or tonight so we can get on with the parks.
Too bad your trip wasn't in like... 15 days!

Love the ticker.
that's nice is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #173
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So moving right along (yes, I am moving at a snail's pace, I know).
Perfect!



Quote:
And, you my DIS friends, all know where we stopped first:

Wow. That's a shock.

Quote:
Look! A hidden Mickey!!!

Quote:
The flight was so smooth that I actually slept for about 40 minutes. Before we knew it, we were making our descent into Orlando and our happy place:

Beautiful sight!

Quote:
Before heading over to ME, Mark had to turn his new phone off "airplane mode" (as you can tell by the picture, he doesn't have a clue what he's doing...and still doesn't ).

Awwww. Poor Mark.
that's nice is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #174
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,591

So sorry you had an unfriendly CM. I know how your room situation ends up.

Those drinks at Raglan look really good. That beer looks really good right now.

Congrats on your APs!!!!!

A little DIS meet while waiting... cool!


All caught up, until your next update.
that's nice is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #175
pinkxray
DIS Veteran
 
pinkxray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: connecticut
Posts: 3,041

Yay for the TIW card and APs.

Another ticker? The APs are already coming in handy.
__________________
pinkxray is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #176
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,333

Woo Hoo! for a new ticker!!

Possible girls trip sounds fun!!

And that 30th anniversary....that is awesome!

Last edited by amandaw; 10-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.
amandaw is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #177
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,014

Yay for a possibe girls trip!!!
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #178
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Has anyone noticed my new ticker?????

I'm hopingi to get arrival day wrapped up this afternoon or tonight so we can get on with the parks.
Possible girls trip!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #179
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man
 
mommy2mrb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Beautiful PNW - Everett WA
Posts: 16,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I had some laundry I had to finish that night. The TIW card costs $75 and it is good for 13 months.


My mom seems better so I think I'll have more time to update...I hope so.

Thanks for the TIW info....oh also, its only good in WDW right?

happy to hear your mom is doing a bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Has anyone noticed my new ticker?????

I'm hopingi to get arrival day wrapped up this afternoon or tonight so we can get on with the parks.
yay for a new ticker! know how much you love seeing your girls!!!
__________________
Me-Lisa DH-Jim RIP 1/12/10 Our GoofyMan~Our Heart's 4ever in Haiti DD-Megan 14
Please check out & support www.BeLikeBrit.org in memory of my DH

mommy2mrb is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #180
luckylady
DIS Veteran
 
luckylady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 634

WooHoo a new trip coming soon. I'm with Mark about Starbucks, don't like it. WHat a nice way to start vacation before you get the room, a unexpected meet. Cool.
luckylady is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: