Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #151
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo for getting the APs! It's too bad that your room wasn't ready when you got back to the resort but, at least, you got to meet up with a fellow Diser!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #152
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Great pictures and update. How fun that you got a DIS meet. It looks like a good way to spend the time while waiting for your room

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #153
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Once we exited the boat, the first order of business was something refreshing. It was HOT and the sun was beating down us. Since I'm always cold on airplanes, I had worn jeans and didn't bring shorts to change into if our room wasn't ready. Hence, we needed a cold beverage.

We stopped at Raglan Road and Mark got a Kilkeney Red Beer and I had the Bailey's Shake. All I can say is yummy.

That shake looks SO good! Need to remember that as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So we decided to just park our butts on the bench outside the Hospitality House near the check-in door. As we were waiting, I hear someone say my name. I looked up and it was a friend from here on the DIS, Tracy (LuvvsDisney here on the DIS). I had met Tracy on a thread she had started a couple of years ago about resort choices and being in a "pickle". There were five or six of us that posted frequently and we became "pickle friends". Mark and I chatted with Tracy and her Mark while it started to drizzle, and then rain and then pour, and then drizzle, all the while waiting for that text that our room was ready. Tracy and Mark were heading back to their room from the pool when they ran into us and I'm so glad it was there that we sat waiting for our text so that I could meet my friend, Tracy. And, as any good DISer knows, if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen. So I present you Tracy and Kathy:

I'm glad you had a spontaneous meet to help kill the time, what a lovely distraction but UGH that you were waiting like that, sitting on a bench. That makes me so sad.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #154
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

on getting your AP...nice gift from Andy
those drink look very refreshing! and love the new hat photos!

bummer about the wait on your room, but nice you got a surprise DIS meet in because of it!

Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #155
solana131
DIS Veteran

Sorry you didn't get a great start on this vacation....hope it gets better and soon! Love that "This is my happy face" hat!!! And that "pumpkin Minnie" dress is adorable! I might have to check online after Halloween to see if it is on sale for our trip next year (I only have Bradey, but my friend who is coming with me has a little girl and that would be soooo cute)!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #156
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Having an AP and a TiW card is really wonderful. Believe me, we have had them for years now and once you get them you will want them every year!

Love that you had a "surprise" DISmeet right at the start of the trip!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #157
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

YAY for a new AP

YAY for the TiW card (bought one last trip and love it, works so much better for me than the dining plan!)

YAY for a DISmeet!

BOO for your room not being ready yet
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #158
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the AP & the TIW card! That is so exciting!

The Bailey's shake looks really yummy!!

I'm sorry they couldn't find an available room to get y'all into.

But, that's fun that you got to have a DIS meet!!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #159
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

AP's are the best!!

The Bailey's shake looks so good...I need one next time we are in DTD.

Yay on an unexpected DisMeet!

Sorry your room wasn't ready...hope you still love OKW! We really want to stay there sometime but its a bit pricey.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #160
KatMark
DIS Veteran

If you guys want to read some live dining reviews and chuckle doing so, check out Nicki's live reviews starting now: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3008234

RIP Genie
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #162
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so sorry for about your Mom. My oldest DD, Paige, is right now working in a memory type nursing home. I don't know the official name, but she works with patients who have memory problems. She said some do get a little wild and then they have very calm times too. She loves to talk the them and she is amazed how many of them can remember things from long ago clear as day at times. One of her patients recently died, and I was so proud of her because she was in the room with her when she started having issues and then after her shift she went and visited her in the hospital. Paige has such a good heart. I think she does many of these patients a world of good.

Yay for arriving, though as many others said, that picture just shows how friendly your CM was. . It's such a shame that there are some grumpy ones. Don't they know where they are working?
Thanks, Jen. Mom is actually doing a little better the last two days at the new place they have her. We'll see how it goes. Good for Paige...you should be very proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I know how the room wait ends from your posts on FB, so I won't really comment on that. Great that you got to meet with Tracy and her Mark while waiting though!
I'm glad we got to meet Tracy too...a beautiful woman, with a heart of gold.

[QUOTE=MEK;46446628]Yeah for a "Pickle Friend" DIS meet.

Double yeah for annual passes and a TIW card.

Triple Yeah for alcoholic refreshment while at DTD.

Love the pictures. It looks like a beautiful day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the "yeahs". It was so pretty until about 2:00 when it started rainining and I still didn't have a room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Ooohhhh, that Bailey's shake looks absolutely heavenly! That will have to be on my ever growing list of things to eat at Disney.

That stinks that the room still wasn't ready and that they couldn't find you another one either. Being tired and cranky is never a good thing. But, at least there was a surprise DISmeet!
I've had that Bailey's shake three years in a row...it's that tasty.

Yep, no room yet. And I was thrilled to meet Tracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvvsMickey View Post
Oh.My.GOD. Um, the picture was horrid enough on your teeny camera screen but blown up that big on the DIS for all to see?!?! ACK!!! Pool days aren't all that pretty, woman! Hello bedhead hair! And for all that you had gone through and being exhausted as you were, you look lovely, my dear. I know it was a difficult day for you both and we truly felt like we were intruding on your much needed down time. I wish circumstances had been different, but I had to say hello as I knew there wouldn't be another time to meet up with you.

You looked great...and so tan. It's a great picture of you...I look like I hadn't slept in a week. You were definitely not intruding and I apologize if it seemed that way....we were just exhasuted. But we thoroughly enjoyed our visit with you.

We stayed at the resort a lot. (actually only did three park days out of nine we were there!) We loved the resort so much that we did the DVC tour the day before we left and bought into OKW. We still weren't 100% sure it was the right time for us and thank goodness for the 10 day deciding window because once we got home and more proverbial "crap" hit the fan, we sadly had to back out of the contract. It was not an easy decision, but it was the right one. We will purchase in a couple of years, though. Too much going on right now.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your contract, and I hope you can redo it it in the not too distant future.

I hope you had a wonderful trip and were able to do some healing. AND!!! So happy you are headed back in a short time. Something about those Christmas decorations makes it all the more magical. ♥

Tracy
The trip was wonderful...a few hitches, but overall it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Oh that Bailey's shake at DTD looks amazing... I could go for one now (and it's only breakfast - sigh)

Yah for Dismeets - they are so much fun! Our last trip, we had so many, and I have to say that even my girls now look forward to them.

How annoying about your room, and then sitting in the rain to wait - that would surely put a damper on my day, but I would be in Disney - so the rain is always better there. Right?

I sure hope you didn't have to wait long for your room.

And I can't wait to see more pictures of OKW... It looks lovely!

D~
D, I could go for one of those shakes myself at any time of the day.

I love Dismets. And I met my "best friend" and "little sis" here on the DIS!

Rain at Disney is better than any kind of day at home.

OKW is lovely and I think you would really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
well Kat, you read my TR, so I know ALL about getting grumpy in DIsney, especially with that September heat! and agreed, no pic it didn't happen! Can you believe I never got a pic with the roots a couple weeks ago I was SO mad!

I'm already annoyed for you about the room situation, and thinking ou didn't get the text! Woot for AP's!
It usually takes a lot to make me Grumpy; I think a combination of the heat, the rain, the unfriendly CM, the lack of sleep had finally gotten to me.

Love my AP's...especially after a text message I had today about the possibilty of a girls trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
It took us forever to get a room text when we were at OKW, too. Exact same thing happened to us. We were at the pool and it rained and we waited, and waited ...... it took a couple of hours. But we didn't want to go anywhere until we had gotten in the room and unpacked everything. It just feels better knowing that you have everything settled before you head to a park.
We had no park plans that day....but we did want to freshen up before our dinner. We still love OKW despite that and a future problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How great that you met up with a fellow diser. I love doing that.

I have heard a few times that it can sometimes take extra long at OKW to get your room assigned. Hopefully you didn't have to wait much longer. I arrive early in Nov and we're staying at AKV that night. I am really hoping we get a room early so we can take a nap before the Halloween part that night.

RIP Genie
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #163
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm sorry for everything you've been going through lately. I'd completely understand if you don't want to finish the TR. It isn't like that would be the first time a TR went unfinished around here. I'm happy to read along if good memories are a good distraction though.

Gee, I wonder who you could be talking about.

Eh, everybody can't be on all the time. Still isn't exactly the way you want your first contact upon arrival to go.

Very true, but a smile would have been nice or a grin or something.

:

You and Mark do stick together, don't you?

Kind of looks like Kathy is telling us to talk to the hand.

Sometimes my hand listens better than people.

A trip to DTD for you is about as surprising as a stop by Starbucks.

You are just on a roll tonight, aren't you?

Well that could certainly make up for a less than magical check in experience.

It most certainly did.

One of these days I want to be able to take enough trips in a year to make those purchases...

I do love my AP and I know exactly where it is so no one loses it...not mentioning any names.

Well, that was a nice surprise DIS meet after the disappointment about the room.
Yes, it was great meeting Tracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

I wish I was there often enough to justify the AP. We all need to move to Florida, I think.

I think this wish might have to wait until your kids are all grown up.

Hey! He's stealing Scotty's bit!

OR did Scotty steal his bit?

Just kidding...

No you weren't.

for DIS meets!
As you well know by now, I LOVE DIS meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Yay for the DTD and the DIS meet. My FIL was would love the Donald hat. He loves angry Donald merchandise. As always, Mark makes a great hat model!

Congrats on the AP and TiW!!

I was following along on fb with your room updates. That was crazy how long you waited. I checked into Pop the day after you and we were praying that wouldn't happen since we had the party at 7pm.
Thanks, Tink. I thought that was the best "new" regular hat I've seen in years (they really need to come out with some new merchandise in that category).

Love my new AP and TiW.

It was insane how long we waited, and hope you didn't have to wait long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Woo Hoo for getting the APs! It's too bad that your room wasn't ready when you got back to the resort but, at least, you got to meet up with a fellow Diser!
Andy is the best in getting us those; yes, I was upset about the room, and I did write Guest Relations today. And Tracy made it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkina View Post
Great pictures and update. How fun that you got a DIS meet. It looks like a good way to spend the time while waiting for your room
It was a good diversion from waiting for the room, and they were lovely people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
That shake looks SO good! Need to remember that as an option.

Cynthia, I think YOU would really like it.

I'm glad you had a spontaneous meet to help kill the time, what a lovely distraction but UGH that you were waiting like that, sitting on a bench. That makes me so sad.
Don't be sad...it could have been worse, we could have been sitting on an airplane that hadn't taken off from Chicago due to weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
on getting your AP...nice gift from Andy
those drink look very refreshing! and love the new hat photos!

bummer about the wait on your room, but nice you got a surprise DIS meet in because of it!
Andy spoils his mother and is too good-hearted for his own good sometimes.

I knew Tracy was going to be there, but we weren't sure when we would hook up (we had talked about at the pool one of the days while there).

RIP Genie
Old 10-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #164
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Sorry you didn't get a great start on this vacation....hope it gets better and soon! Love that "This is my happy face" hat!!! And that "pumpkin Minnie" dress is adorable! I might have to check online after Halloween to see if it is on sale for our trip next year (I only have Bradey, but my friend who is coming with me has a little girl and that would be soooo cute)!
I would buy that dress for me if it had it in adult sizes...just too darn cute. Good idea to check online after the holiday to see if it goes on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Having an AP and a TiW card is really wonderful. Believe me, we have had them for years now and once you get them you will want them every year!

Love that you had a "surprise" DISmeet right at the start of the trip!
I would love to get them every year; we'll have to see that goes with the wedding and if there is another wedding after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
YAY for a new AP

YAY for the TiW card (bought one last trip and love it, works so much better for me than the dining plan!)

YAY for a DISmeet!

BOO for your room not being ready yet

I found the TIW card to be much better than the dining plan. We don't do dessert every meal and this just worked out better financially for us. And to me it was less hassle as well.

AP ready for use again in 52 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Congrats on the AP & the TIW card! That is so exciting!

The Bailey's shake looks really yummy!!

I'm sorry they couldn't find an available room to get y'all into.

But, that's fun that you got to have a DIS meet!!
It was so exciting to get those cards...I was as giggly as a school girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
AP's are the best!!

The Bailey's shake looks so good...I need one next time we are in DTD.

Yay on an unexpected DisMeet!

Sorry your room wasn't ready...hope you still love OKW! We really want to stay there sometime but its a bit pricey.
I think we should have a DIS meet of all the girls on this thread and have a Bailey's shake.

Trust me....we LOVE OKW and we will be back in August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Your shake looks amazing! And I love all your DisMeets...I think you are the DisMeet QUEEN!

Thanks for the plug by the way lol
Have you never had one of those shakes? Oh wait, I forgot you didn't like Raglan. You can get them at the outside bar between Raglan and Cookies of Dublin. They are super yummy.

I don't know that I am the DISMeet Queen.

I did hear from Mary today about another Girls DIS trip.

You are welcome for the plug. I've told you that you write the most exciting and fun dining reviews and I want everyone to share in teh hilarity that is Todd.

RIP Genie
Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #165
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

hey you are up so late lady.....you need to get to bed and rest!!!

oh, btw...on the TIW card do you pay a fee to get it? I will be getting the Premier AP next year for our DLR and WDW trips and was thinking of getting it for our WDW part.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: